http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 06:42:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaming Key Board  (Read 712 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:05:43 AM »

I am looking for a gaming keyboard that works well as a regular Key board also. It needs to have Illuminated keys and\or Back light, with volume controls.
A plus will be extra USB, mic and headphone sockets.
Please send me some recommendations. So far I've been looking at the RAZOR series of boards but I would rather user inputs.
Thanks.

Edited add link.
This is what I am leaning towards so far.
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169417900/categoryId.35156900
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:24:03 AM by JuniorDan » Logged

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 03:03:53 AM »

Logitech...G19 or G110

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards

I use the G15.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 03:04:34 AM »

I would recommend Logitech, but lately they're keyboards seem to be off quality wise.  their keys seem to like to be hard to press down at times.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Grimwar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »

If you are going with Razer I would suggest the Black Widow.  I have the "Pro" version and love it.  Unless you just have to have the pointless screen on a G15 (I never even looked at it on mine) the Black Widow has a much better feel to it due to the mechanical keys.

Playing: Nothing really.  Bring on Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »

I love Razer. If they come out with a split-design keyboard like the Microsoft Ergo I'll buy 5 of them.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »

I got a g15. Love it.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

I've been happy with Saitek's illuminated keyboards over the years (http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?utm_source=Qwiser&utm_medium=search&idProduct=4666&idCategory=365). Although I find even "laser etched" keys tend to have their lettering peel off after a couple years heavy gaming use. Even the specially coated w,a,s,d keys on my Cyborg are wearing out a bit on the edges.

I don't tend to find I ever use the various programmable doodads on gaming keyboards, including Saitek's (Cyborg has a dozen side lever-buttons but I don't bother with them), but all the gaming focused keyboards seem to focus on that now. I'd just make sure the keyboard has a mode that disables that annoying Windows key.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »

I had a g15  and loved it.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »

You could always go with a Belkin N52TE and then whatever keyboard you are most comfortable with for typing.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »

I wouldn't recommend Logitech. As much as I am a fan of their other products, they've really dropped the ball on their keyboards. I paid a lot for  my G110 ($100, I think) and it doesn't perform as well as my previous keyboard, an original Saitek Eclipse (red) which I paid a lot less for. It looks nice, but as far as performance goes, it isn't all there. I was really disappointed when I got mine, and more than a little pissed that I had paid so much for an inferior product.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »

I had a Saitek and loved it except for 2 major issues. One is it was no where near bright enough. Very dim. I have this issue with all light up keyboards it seems. The G15 is orange so that helps. And two some times the keys would do their own thing no matter what key they were. I had this happen out of the blue 2 or 3 times then clear up after being de powered for a couple weeks. like my arrow keys..up arrow would become the G key, and left would be right and down would be some thing else like shift. Weird.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 07, 2011, 02:02:30 PM

You could always go with a Belkin N52TE and then whatever keyboard you are most comfortable with for typing.
I'll need to check that out.

Because I can,
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on February 07, 2011, 08:01:37 PM

I had a Saitek and loved it except for 2 major issues. One is it was no where near bright enough. Very dim. I have this issue with all light up keyboards it seems. The G15 is orange so that helps. And two some times the keys would do their own thing no matter what key they were. I had this happen out of the blue 2 or 3 times then clear up after being de powered for a couple weeks. like my arrow keys..up arrow would become the G key, and left would be right and down would be some thing else like shift. Weird.

Did you have a blue one? Red is always easier for the eyes to see as compared to blue. It actually became more popular than their original blue one, until they discontinued that model.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 07, 2011, 08:09:11 PM

I actually have a brand new one that I wouldn't mind parting with - too much stuff, not enough money, nor enough time playing PC games to justify it. frown

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 02:12:12 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on February 07, 2011, 10:06:08 PM

Quote from: Daehawk on February 07, 2011, 08:01:37 PM

Did you have a blue one? Red is always easier for the eyes to see as compared to blue. It actually became more popular than their original blue one, until they discontinued that model.

IIRC yes it was blue.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 02:20:21 AM »

Quote from: Purge on February 07, 2011, 10:09:31 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 07, 2011, 08:09:11 PM

I actually have a brand new one that I wouldn't mind parting with - too much stuff, not enough money, nor enough time playing PC games to justify it. frown

I was telling a buddy about it and he pointed out that I had one of those Cyber Snipa deals awhile back and never used it, so I'm thinking I'll just stick with the regular keyboard.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: