http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:47:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamestop Xbox 360 bundles in stock  (Read 1667 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2005, 02:09:13 AM »

If you don't mind paying a grand for an Xbox 360, Gamestop.com has them in stock. The difference between the ebay "bundles" is you don't get anything except to pay over $600 retail, at least the gamestop bundles come with some games and accessories that equal up to $1000 retail. Still though.. a grand?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/360/360_steel.asp

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 02:32:38 AM »

So we can sell them on eBay for what, like $2000?   Tongue
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 02:48:59 AM »

I keep looking for reasons to boycott the gaming specialty stores like EB and Gamestop.  The fact that they get games first usually makes me stop.  That distinction is starting not to matter anymore, though, as I become more and more dissatisfied with crap like this.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 03:24:29 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if gamestop execs were using the xbox 360 eBay sales history to price point their current bundle.  I don't endorse it, but I can see why they would only sell bundles at $1000.  If reselling-consumers are smart enough to push the edge of the margin envelope on eBay, why shouldn't retailers get in on some of the margin gouging action while people are still willing to pay 80-100% over retail?    

I hate it, but it's the world we live in now thanks to easily accessible consumer reselling portals.  I wouldn't care too much if eBay profiteers drove their own prices with no impact on the retail market, but I don't think that's the case anymore.  

Retail market price point set > new eBay reseller price point set > eBay consumer pays reseller price point > retail market adjusts to realtime market demand price point

I hope that’s not what’s happening in this case, but it sure looks like it.  At least BB’s open letter to customers posted on their site states they will not force bundle price points on customers going forward.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 06:00:14 AM »

According to my math, that bundle is actually a rip-off.

You can buy the 360, plus the accessories, plus the games, plus a replacement plan (I highly doubt they're $80 for one year) for less than what they're charging for the bundle.  The 360, games, and accessories add up to a little over $910.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 12:39:06 PM »

Not that I have one ordered from Gamestop but why are they able to sell bundles on the website while countless folks sit at home waiting on their preorders from them to come in.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 01:20:21 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"

You can buy the 360, plus the accessories, plus the games, plus a replacement plan (I highly doubt they're $80 for one year) for less than what they're charging for the bundle.  The 360, games, and accessories add up to a little over $910.

Remember though - every game short of Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and PGR3 is $60, and there's no tax in most states when you purchase stuff online. The replacement plan is also $50 last time I checked. Readjust your figures and you should be right at $1000 if not over depending on your tax rate.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 01:24:45 PM »

Quote from: "soulbringer"
Not that I have one ordered from Gamestop but why are they able to sell bundles on the website while countless folks sit at home waiting on their preorders from them to come in.

It's all about greed.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 01:32:12 PM »

Wait a minute.

There are people who preordered from Gamestop who dont have their units??? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SELLING? BASTARDS.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 01:34:08 PM »

it says pre-release for 2/28/06. On the site when you go to order????
Dan Lorenzen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 01:35:24 PM »

I wonder if 5 or 10 years down the road that you will have to buy a bundle of other games (their choice of course) and stuff in order to purchase the next gen console.

That's the day I'm out of console gaming BTW...

Ah well, It will be interesting to see when people will be able to just purchase the console alone and no bundle package. (when you order online at least...)
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 04:56:09 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "pr0ner"

Remember though - every game short of Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and PGR3 is $60, and there's no tax in most states when you purchase stuff online. The replacement plan is also $50 last time I checked. Readjust your figures and you should be right at $1000 if not over depending on your tax rate.

The replacement plan is $50!?  Aieeeee.

I did take into account that the games were all $60 when doing the math.  I used the prices Gamestop was quoting online.  Once you add the tax in, yeah, you might reach $1000 or so (depending on what state you live in), but buying online is still tax-free for the most part.  It's still a rip-off, but maybe by not as much as I thought it was.  You can still piecemeal that bundle together for less.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 06:32:35 PM »

Quote from: "HankRaptor"
Wait a minute.

There are people who preordered from Gamestop who dont have their units??? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SELLING? BASTARDS.

Yup, I preordered mine in July - I'm #11 on the list - and I'm being told I probably won't get it until January.

I'd probably be pretty pissed off about the whole thing if it wasn't for the awesome gaming distraction that has become Animal Crossing DS...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 07:15:21 PM »

Oh believe me, they are getting hell from the store managers about this.

That doesn't mean anything will change.  The corporate guys are afraid the website won't be able to compete with other online retailers if all the stock goes to the stores, irregardless of the number of unfilled pre-orders.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 03:02:42 AM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"

That doesn't mean anything will change.  The corporate guys are afraid the website won't be able to compete with other online retailers if all the stock goes to the stores, irregardless of the number of unfilled pre-orders.

Sarkus, I thought the .com was more or less a separate entity from the B&M stores?

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 05:19:35 AM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Quote from: "Sarkus"

Sarkus, I thought the .com was more or less a separate entity from the B&M stores?

It's run as a separate division but it is still part of the overall company.

With the EB merger it will be interesting to see if the combined company adopts the closer ties EB has between website and stores or goes with GameStop's separation approach.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: