http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 08:43:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamespy will have the BF2 review up tomarrow!  (Read 918 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2005, 08:58:27 AM »

I simply can`t wait to read this, and then play the full version next week. This demo is just super amounts of fun. I`ve been the spec-ops class recently, and putting explosives on the hood of jeeps, then run into an enemy tank, back up, and press the button and boom. Fun stuff. There`s gonna be ALOT to the full version.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 09:08:24 AM »

I feel like ripping the geforce 4 64mb out of my system and destroying it right about now.
Never wanted to play a game as much as I do battlefield 2!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 11:35:38 AM »

I've gone with the assault class as of late.  They have a boatload of health and their weapon is very accurate even at range and does a lot of damage.

Add on that spiffy underslung grenade launcher and you have a quick bunker clearer or use it against light vehicles.

My main problem with the game is that the heat seeking missiles are completely useless.  By the time you lock onto something, it's already too far/close and you don't even have to make and dodging them requires little more than a slight turn.  Then there's the flares that completely fool them.

I mean, if the missiles are going to be this bad in game, why not just give every anti tank man some?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 06:41:53 AM »

It got 5 outta 5 at Gamespy. Bring on more reviews!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 07:04:02 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
I've gone with the assault class as of late.  They have a boatload of health and their weapon is very accurate even at range and does a lot of damage.

Add on that spiffy underslung grenade launcher and you have a quick bunker clearer or use it against light vehicles.

My main problem with the game is that the heat seeking missiles are completely useless.  By the time you lock onto something, it's already too far/close and you don't even have to make and dodging them requires little more than a slight turn.  Then there's the flares that completely fool them.

I mean, if the missiles are going to be this bad in game, why not just give every anti tank man some?

I too like the assault-but the M16 is still shitty-and the Medic has WAAAY more versatility and all you sacrifice is the nade launcher, which is really very situationally specific as to its usefulness-I mean unless you are taking potshots at BMP's and have PLENTY of time to reload or can see groups of infantry to really make use of it, its inefficient and hard to aim. Anyways, the alt weapon for the assault does make it a lot more palatable.

I still think I will be sticking with 1. spec ops (w/g36c unlocked), 2. Medic (primarily with LE unlocked) and 3. Assault (w/alt weapon). That order probably stays the same even with the regular shitty weapons, but as part of a good, organized squad I would be willing to rotate positions. A distant 4th would be anti-tank, and bringing up the rear would then be sniper, support, and engineer last-just the ultimate in waaay too specialized and underpowered.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 07:04:29 AM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
It got 5 outta 5 at Gamespy. Bring on more reviews!

Oh effing A. That's hot. Really hot. I am buying it day one either way.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 07:47:26 AM »

Haven't we learned better than to trust reviews on big name titles these days?

Of course, we've all played the demo, but even so, I don't trust any big name reviews these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: