http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 05:31:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Games that would work well on a touch screen PC...  (Read 617 times)
darrvid
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:54:27 AM »

So I'm getting a Dell Inspiron Duo http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-duo/pd on Monday and am trying to find some games that would mesh well with a touchscreen.  Suggestions?
shon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:08:54 AM »

I want to get a touch PC as well let us know how well it works.

I think any game like Bauldur's Gate games would be perfect for it.  Great story and combat and you can pause and give orders at any time.
Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 05:06:24 AM »

Black and White 2.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »

Quote from: Purge on February 05, 2011, 05:06:24 AM

Black and White 2.

icon_lol

It's SPANKING TIME!!!!

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
darrvid
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »

I can't really tell how to compare the specs of the Duo to listed requirements. Anyone know what Intel NM10 Express Chipset Video compares to?

Havent gotten the laptop yet, but heres a list of games I plan on giving a try, all of which I found on Steam...

Greed Corp
Flight Control HD
Gratuitous Space Battles
Worms Reloaded
and maybe the Penny Arcade RPG

darrvid
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 04:15:21 PM »

So a brief update... the screen arrived with a whole line of dead pixels.  Dell sent out support to swap the screen, but they cracked not only the replacement but the original as well. So I'm without the laptop until this coming Monday.  I did have a chance to try out audiosurf.  The touch controls don't work sadly, and it will only properly run in netbook mode.  I also tried out Defense Grid which only went to show I likely cant run any 3D games, it was a slideshow.  Anyway, I still plan on trying out a few of the ones mentioned above, but what I've found up to this point is that there are nearly zero tablet friendly games for PC.  SmallWorld would really throw me a bone if they converted their ipad app...
Hamsterball_Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »

Quote from: darrvid on February 05, 2011, 06:15:46 PM

I can't really tell how to compare the specs of the Duo to listed requirements. Anyone know what Intel NM10 Express Chipset Video compares to?

According to a review I found the NM10 in the Duo gets a 143 on 3DMark06.  A typical i3 laptop with Intel graphics gets about 1350-1400.  I think you can pretty much write off anything 3D.

Laptop Mag Duo review

(HBZ)
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »

Before the iPad, I went through a long period of trying different Tablet PCs and looking for games that would work well, but for the most part it was a fruitless effort.  That said, I did have some luck mostly with the Turn-Based Strategy genre, and also CCG-esque games like Magic.  So if you are into those sort of games, you might have some luck looking into games like King's Bounty, Civilization, Fantasy Wars, Master of Magic, Master of Orion, Disciples, etc. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: