http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:53:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gameplay - freezes and stutters - bad copy or bad XBox?  (Read 566 times)
howie549
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:25:27 PM »

I just got the new World Series Baseball 2k5 for the XBox.   Periodically when a ball is hit, it takes like four seconds for the actual ball to be seen in the field.  The game just stops and hangs for that time.

Same thing when you're picking teams, the team logos sometimes take time to come up.

Should I exchange the game for another copy or is this being caused because I have one of those original XBoxes w/a drive that occasionally can't play a DVD correctly and sometimes gives me a message that my game disk cannot be read.

thanks.
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 11:26:53 PM »

I've been having issues with my box lately. Seems like on any game I play I'm getting periodic bad disc errors.  It's driving me up the wall...especially on a game like chaos bleeds wehre there's no mid level save...

The problem started when we moved back into my parents house (while our new one is built)...they smoke in the basement where my box is...could that have something to do with it?
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 01:44:56 AM »

If it's happening on only one game, buy a DVD cleaning kit, and clean the DVD.  

If it's multiple games, you'll need to buy a new DVD drive.  MS made three versions of DVD drives for the Xbox, with increasing levels of quality.  I bought the best one, Samsung, for my brother, and it cost about $65 on Ebay.  The proper hex key set to open your box will cost about $10.  And you're set.

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: