http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 03:20:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GameFly?  (Read 1332 times)
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2005, 03:33:06 PM »

I'm thinking about using Gamefly for XBox 360 games specifically (once I find a 360 that it) and was wondering who had used them and;
      -whether the service is worth the $22/month
      -whether games came too scratched to use or if they were ok
      -if the game turnaround time is pretty good.

Thanks for any feedback on the service.
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 03:37:03 PM »

Quote from: "jament"
I'm thinking about using Gamefly for XBox 360 games specifically (once I find a 360 that it) and was wondering who had used them and;
      -whether the service is worth the $22/month
      -whether games came too scratched to use or if they were ok
      -if the game turnaround time is pretty good.

Thanks for any feedback on the service.

I opt for the 1 game per time package because I didn't want to do 22 bucks.

-- the games are in good condition
-- the games come in faster now because they ship them out when the USPS scans the one you are shipping back.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 03:42:07 PM »

I have the 22 buck plan, but I am thinking of down-grading.   I like the service, but the turn around time  can be a pain.  Sometimes it can take a weeks since I sent a game back before I get another, but its because I'm on the east coast and Gamefly is  on the West  coast.   When the fast track service works it cuts down the turn around time considerably.

Games come in good condition and I have no complaints.  I actually just picked up NFS:MW from them with thier keep it option.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 05:48:23 PM »

I used them for a while. Overall I liked it. I don't think I ever had any problems with the disks being beat up. Turnaround was a touch slow, but they just started the USPS scanning when I canceled. And just FYI I canceled due to lack of time, not any problems with them.

LiveTAG: happydog
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:04:51 PM »

You need to be careful if you are on the east coast. I am in Maryland/DC, and I found the shipping times absurd. Where Netflix and BBonline send dvds one day and I get them the next, gamefly would get a game back from me in 1-2 days, take a day to process, and then take 2-3 days to send it back. That is not really a good enough turnaround when I sometimes get bored of games in a day or two smile
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »

i think it depends on how you "consume" games. for easy/boring games, i can understand the turnaround time here on the east coast being a minor issue, but that's really the only time I've running into anything close to a problem with g-fly. Ive had it for a few months now and LOVE IT.

plus, their prices for pre-played games are awesome.

they're having their year-end sale now too.....free shipping.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 04:17:42 AM »

If you decide to give it a go, please use our banners to try it out.  It helps the site, and we appreciate that. biggrin  I live on the West Coast and have had stellar success with it.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 05:01:11 PM »

That's awesome, I've been checking it out hardcore recently as my friend recommended it. I have loved netflix so I don't see any problems with this.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 07:00:43 PM »

I joined at the start of December in part due to the 360.

Two months of fees paid, I've beaten Call of Duty 2 and Condemmed through it, found out I didn't like Project Gotham Racing, learned that I really like Dead or Alive 4, and have Gun coming in the mail.

Quite worth it IMO.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 07:55:21 PM »

Gamerang > Gamefly.

I've been using Gamerang for a few years, and have no complaints.  I pay $20/month for two games, and the turnaround time is lightning quick (although I do live in the same state as their west coast shipping facility).

As an example - I mailed back a game on Thursday, and by Saturday I received DOA4 (which they had plenty of in stock).  That's a pretty good turnaound time....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 08:21:16 PM »

Gamerang > Gamefly.

Not for me.  Even with the multiple warehouses, I still got a lot of stuff from CA, that was, when Gamerang had the game in stock.  I also got multiple wrong games shipped to me, and had to have it sent back first (customer service didn't seem to care).  Gamerang's games seemed more expensive to buy, and the website at Gamerang sucked compared to Gamefly's.   Emails when games shipped and didn't were slower as well from Gamerang.   I just had no faith/trust in the Gamerang service, and was really turned off by it.  I've tried Gamerang twice too, to see if they were better after a year, and all the coming soon's on the websites were the same after a year (like game instructions).

In the end, the turnaround was about the same for me (had them at similar times), and Gamefly seems a lot better to me.

Netflix better ship games soon.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Baleog
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 09:49:30 PM »

Shipping on used games is free to all members now I believe.

Also, the "Keep It" option for rented games is great... just click the button and they ship you the game case and manual in a couple of days and start processing the next game in your queue.  The case and manual were pristine the couple of times I've done this.  They even had the new game smell!   smile
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 05:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "Baleog"

Also, the "Keep It" option for rented games is great... just click the button and they ship you the game case and manual in a couple of days and start processing the next game in your queue.  The case and manual were pristine the couple of times I've done this.  They even had the new game smell!   smile

you're right--when you use the keepit option shipping is free. and if you buy games any other way, you're wasting money. I bought the warriors that way and it was only $32...so awesome. plus, you try the game out first, so you know you like it, you know it's in good condition, etc, etc....
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 06:45:59 PM »

Quote from: "Baleog"

Yeah, this is a great feature. At least you know you took care of it well, better than buying something from blockbuster.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 05:59:34 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
Yeah, this is a great feature. At least you know you took care of it well, better than buying something from blockbuster.

which is huge. you're not buying the product "blindly," so to speak. you know you like it, you know it's in good condition, and you know it works on your console and you're not taking any chances. and prices across the board are very reasonable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: