http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 12:40:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Discussion: THUG 2  (Read 1916 times)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2004, 03:34:36 PM »

Hey everybody, my preview of THUG 2 is up and I thought if anyone wanted to ask me some questions about it I'd be happy to field 'em.  There was a ton of stuff about the game that I left out- there's a lot to the game.  Anyways, it looks like a blast and I've even got my wife interested in playing it!

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 06:51:25 PM »

And for those of you who need a direct link, you'll need to simply click right here.

Nice preview, Mike. Makes me want to go buy the game when it comes out, even though I haven't played any of the Hawk games either.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 10:04:25 PM »

I don't know why, but the Tony Hawk series remains one of my favorite.  I don't know or care about the skater scene, but I still love these titles!  Whenever I get the new one I literally spend almost all my waking hours playing it.  I thought the free-roaming nature of THUG was great and I hope this one continues that trend.

I think it must be the controls which are always perfect.  The bottom line is, I am good at these games, so I really enjoy myself!  Oh, and it's also fun to hear those old Public Enemy tracks.

I don't care a bit about Live play for this title.  Two reasons: 1) it seems like it would be very difficult to keep it competitive, and 2) the sheer amount of IDIOTS that will populate the game are just unfathomable.  Sure, I'd like to play my fellow CG'rs, but then we have to revisit #1.  I will beat you so bad it just wouldn't be fun for you. Cool

Bring on THUG 2!  I am so ready for it!  For my sanity and productivity sake I might wait until Thanksgiving to open it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 06:28:16 PM »

Does it still support 720p?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 06:36:05 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
Does it still support 720p?

I can only guess it would considering it has for at least 2 years running on the Xbox.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 06:39:11 PM »

From my preview: "HD support is there for X-Box (480p and 720p) and GameCube (480p)"

so, uh, yeah  biggrin

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 10:54:11 PM »

I really enjoy Tony Hawk games as well.  I have been on-board since the first one came out on Playstation.  I used to spend hours playing that game just trying to see how high of a single combo score I could get.  THUG was pretty fun so I am looking forward to THUG 2.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 11:19:54 PM »

Quote from: "FoolishStudios"
From my preview: "HD support is there for X-Box (480p and 720p) and GameCube (480p)"

so, uh, yeah  biggrin

Yeah but they (Sega) said the same thing about ESPN2k4 as well smile

All of the ESPN sports games used to support 720p but abandoned it this year (the price for upgrading the graphics) - I was just curious to see if THUG was going the same route.  Just curious - did you get a chance to try it at 720p?  How'd it look?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 01:35:14 PM »

I just played through the training and spent 2 hours in the first city (Boston). After two hours I got 25 points of 1,000. I'll qualify my comments by saying this is my first TH game but this could be the most frustrating gaming experience of my life!!!!

I play a lot of games so I don't put the required time into most of them to get really good. In short, I'm used to sucking, so that doesn't bother me but this game has taken it to new heights. I can't land an f'n thing!! Can't complete any challenges. Can't do anything!!! Should it be this hard?

Any suggestions?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 01:51:06 PM »

Yep, in the beginning it is very difficult and you will be bailing a lot.  Free-skate a lot and just try new things.  Hit the pipe and practice a bit and you'll catch on.  Also, as you finish goals you can improve your skills which will help with things like speed and balance.  You'll get there...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 01:51:35 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
I just played through the training and spent 2 hours in the first city (Boston). After two hours I got 25 points of 1,000. I'll qualify my comments by saying this is my first TH game but this could be the most frustrating gaming experience of my life!!!!

I play a lot of games so I don't put the required time into most of them to get really good. In short, I'm used to sucking, so that doesn't bother me but this game has taken it to new heights. I can't land an f'n thing!! Can't complete any challenges. Can't do anything!!! Should it be this hard?

Any suggestions?

I haven't ever played THUG, I played the heck out of TPS2 & 3 though.  Are there skate parks you can free skate in in THUG2?  If there are, I highly suggest you practice in the skate park before takling the city levels (which it seems is 99% of the game).

In THPS 2 & 3 the skate parks were my favorite and getting good at them made me good at the city boards.  

Just a suggestion.

Wake up.
Poncho
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 01:55:33 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"

Any suggestions?

Quit playing cause you absolutely suck and are a total loser.

That is my suggestion.

Tongue
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »

WHOA!!!

Poncho from beyond the grave!!!

Did you lose everything out in Vegas including the Lockdown name?!

How's things going in Sin City?

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 01:59:51 PM »

Oh, and everyone else, thanks for the suggestions! I'll hit the skate parks and practice up!

Poncho
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 02:20:18 PM »

Hello All (even you Devil) -

O.K.  A quick status report.

The flight from Philly was just horrible.  After a good 2.5 hour security strip down search in the airport (exaggerating, but it does suck), I had a very turbulent flight to sunny (and hot) Las Vegas.

I have lost, and no, unfortunately this is not an exaggeration, approximately $750 since being here.  It could be more.  Thanks, for the most part, to my now least favorite football team, the Oakland Raiders!  In a nutshell, I had a parlay down with 5 teams picked.  All they had to do was cover.  Well, thanks to the Raiders, I lost what would have been a really nice amount of money.  Hell, even the Birds covered!!!  I have spent lots of money on my family too, which is all worth it of course.  I am going back to blackjack, the only game I seem to win on from time to time.

The weather here is excellent from about 5:00am (when I am getting up) until about noon.  Then it gets too damn hot for me.

The girls in Vegas.... unreal!  Living on the East Coast, you tend to forget what a variety of beautiful women there are out there.  Vegas seems to have them all.

This will be the only hour I have access to a computer, so I figured I would say hello to you all.

Great review of Mortal Kombat by the way.  Is anyone playing it yet?  Is it out yet?

The Poncho name I did just for fun.  We couldn't have some no-name person come in here and steal that name afterall... it just wouldn't be right!

I apologize for the temporary derailment of your thread.  I'm sure it will return post-haste.

Talk to ya all soon.  Hope everyone is well.

LD
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 02:27:05 PM »

Heya Poncho/LD sounds like you're having a blast.  

MK:Deception is out already.  

It's really good too, if you're into MK of course.  The netcode is simply flawless.  I haven't seen a drop of lag at any time.  People online seem to be a lot better than me.  I've played 10 or so games and have only won 3 of them.  

If this was Killer Instict, my all-time favorite fighting game, it would be a different story!  (Launch title on Xbox 2, rumor at least).

Take care.

Wake up.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 02:32:53 PM »

So you're a loser in gambling too! :wink:

I have some advice for you to make your money back. Take the Eagles and the over for this weekend.  :lol:

MK is good and as you could see from this now derailed thread, I probably should have been playing that last night!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: