http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 08:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Discussion: Shinning Force [GBA]  (Read 1239 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2004, 03:18:39 PM »

Apparnetly Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon is to long to fit, but since there are not any other Shinning Force games for the GBA I didn't think there could be much confusion. smile

Dispite being out in Europe for a month I haven't seen many reviews.  However this one seems pretty good.  It is a heck of a lot better than the mostly useless review in EGM.   Their mini reviews told you practically nothing about the game, what changed, what stayed the same, etc.   However they all gave it high marks which is good.

I am just happy to have another Strategy RPG on the GBA.  I am also to see remakes of these classics.  The GBA is perfect for this kind of thing and I hope there are a ton more!

Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 10:05:44 PM »

I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm happy with the port (Shining Force 1 & 2 were my favourite games of the 16-Bit era)

I haven't played far enough for the new "card" system to come into play yet, but it doesn't seem like it'll have a big effect on gameplay.

the graphics look good and the interface is largely unchanged. character sprites are a little more detailed and some of the combat animations seem to have been redrawn, as have some of the portraits that appear on the screen when party members and key NPCs speak. There is a 'run' function for use outside combat and each character now has 4 additional inventory slots.

I've noticed a few dialogue changes - I'm guessing what is in this version is closer to the Japanese original.

compared feature-for-feature with Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance it may come up a little short, but anyone who enjoyed the original should have fun with this new version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: