http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 09:34:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madden/ESPN controller question [PS2 vs XBox]  (Read 1015 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »

Which controller is better for Madden or ESPN?  

In the past, I've played football games with the PS2 and have gotten used to the shoulder buttons.  It would seem like using the XBox controller would be harder using the big triggers and the black/white buttons, but since it's more powerful, I've been tempted to get the games for the XBox.  Any opinions on which is better?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 10:06:16 PM »

I was worried about the same things.  I had played NCAA on the PS2 for the last three years and made the switch to Xbox this year.  I haven't had too much trouble with the controls.  The black button is used for laterals, which I don't care for as much, but I don't have as many accidental tosses!

With ESPN, I had never played it before so it wasn't a big deal.  I know the black button is used for throwing the ball away on offense as well as other jukes or stiff-arms.  You can change the control layouts to a couple different ones.

All things being equal (which they aren't!), I still prefer the PS2 controller because the shoulder buttons are more accessable than on the Xbox, but I don't mind the Xbox controller at all.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 12:34:23 AM »

Shoot, If I can play the games and have it be easy to do on the Cube smile It's a breeze with the Xbox. I've played ESPN on my Box for a few weeks now and there's no difficulty when using the controller, but then like I said, I can play sports games on the Cube with no issues.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 08:52:27 PM »

I don't want to imagine what it's like playing football using the GameCube controller.  Ugh.

A friend of mine has been asking about ESPN, so I think I may sell him my PS2 version and pick up the one for the XBox.  Ahh...I'm still giddy in the fact it's only $19.99.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: