http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 08:08:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Discussion: Def Jam Fight for New York [All]  (Read 937 times)
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2004, 01:44:11 PM »

This could arguably go into the Sports section, but I figured I'd put it here and see if anyone else is interested in this game at all.  I have to say I enjoyed the first one a lot (my review is here) even though I only rented it.  I am very tepid on Def Jam Fight for New York and luckily IGN will have a review next Friday on it.

I played the OXM demo and I thought it was pretty cool, although I wished there was more to do in the demo.  It looks like they took Def Jam and added in Tao Feng-type fighting where you can spin around a column, throw your opponent against hard objects, interactive venues, etc.  I'm not big into rap, but I enjoyed the first game because it was made by AKI who made the best wrestling engine ever in my opinion.  AKI is also developing this one as well.

Is anyone excited over this game?  It is supposedly 3 times as large as the original, but will it be enough to spend $50 on?

If you want to check out the game you can go to the Def Jam Fight for New York Webpage.  There are movies and stuff there.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 08:58:42 PM »

I played the demo too, but wasn't too impressed.  I'm sure the full game will hold tons more, but I found it to be a little bland.  Maybe it's more exciting if your a fan of the genre, which I'm not.  I'm going to pass on this one initially and if it turns out to be good I'll wait until it goes down in price.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 02:34:41 AM »

With Mortal Kombat coming (watch the video on the OXM disk) and all the other fighting games (capcom VS, street fighter special ed, DOA Ultimate, Guilty Gear XX) Def Jam looks to be coming up short.

I dunno, it didn't wow me.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 02:21:09 PM »

Interest is rising now if these EGM numbers are true:

8.5, 8.5, 9.0

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: