http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 05:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Auto  (Read 1033 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »

Well, it looks like Full Auto has been given an official release date of February 14, 2006.  From what I have heard the January issue of OXM is supposed to have a demo.  So that said, when should we expect the demo to be up on XBL?
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 03:51:56 PM »

If they do put a demo on XBL, I hope it is something different. I wasn't extremely impressed with the OXM demo, and had at least one crash.

I was really hyped about Full Auto, but now I am thinking that it may rely on multiplayer a little too much.  :?

LiveTAG: happydog
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:56:04 PM »

Yeah - the Jan disc has 360 demos of King Kong, Kameo and Full Auto.

Wasn't as impressed with Full Auto as I had hoped, and especially considering the incredible hype that the magazine was giving it.

It was definetly nowhere near the calibur of the Burnout games.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 04:24:37 PM »

I guess we're all on the same boat.  I was beside myself when I saw the Full Auto demo listed on the disc, but after playing it, I let out a big, "Meh."  I even played it a few times and tried both cars (had better luck with the shotgun/grenade combo, which suprised me, though I still finished in last place).  My only hope now is that it's a demo.  There are still all kinds of things that can change between now and release (the frame rate could get consistent, for one, though it wasn't too bad).  None the less, my excitement level has definitely dropped.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 04:27:38 PM »

Now you have me wondering where my Jan OXM is... I think I would remember a full auto demo.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 06:09:30 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
I guess we're all on the same boat.  I was beside myself when I saw the Full Auto demo listed on the disc, but after playing it, I let out a big, "Meh."  I even played it a few times and tried both cars (had better luck with the shotgun/grenade combo, which suprised me, though I still finished in last place).  My only hope now is that it's a demo.  There are still all kinds of things that can change between now and release (the frame rate could get consistent, for one, though it wasn't too bad).  None the less, my excitement level has definitely dropped.

I thought the Full Auto demo was awful.  Actually looks worse than a lot of bad Xbox games.  The King Kong demo, on the other hand, sold me on the game bigtime.  I have since added it to my Christmas list.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 07:22:29 PM »

I played and finished Kong in less than a week (and managed to exchange it for the great Need for Speed: Most Wanted).  Good, but takes all the emotional resonance out of the movie, turning Naomi Watts into a screaming, ape-fickle Girl.  I expected more from the Beyond Good and Evil guys.  Also, two New York levels, one of which you are guaranteed to lose?  Ugh.

On a demo note, rumor is that the next OXM disc will have the Final Fantasy beta on it.  Yowza!

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 10:57:05 PM »

Huh...I rather liked the demo, though the sound was atrocious. I think they'll have that fixed in time for release (and some of it was due to the limitations of space I imagine.

When you consider that everything you see is destructible, I think it is a pretty amazing feat. Just take a look at some of the recent screens showing stuff like shipyards of stacks of containers and realize what a well placed missle might do to one of those. They also had freeway overpasses in some shots and I'm betting you can bring those down. The new trailer shows a large factory smokestack getting dropped.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 04:26:18 AM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
On a demo note, rumor is that the next OXM disc will have the Final Fantasy beta on it.  Yowza!

Well that's more than a rumor. In the January issue,  OXM stated that an upcoming issue will include the beta version of the game and that anyone with a Xbox Live Silver account would be able to participate.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 08:53:05 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
Now you have me wondering where my Jan OXM is... I think I would remember a full auto demo.

...and my OXM came yesterday. Very ho-hum on Full Auto, not as ho-hum as the LA Rush demo a couple months back, but close.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 09:00:24 PM »

Yeah, I was not very impressed with the Full Auto demo. I'm scratching that one off my buy list for sure now.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 09:00:54 PM »

not as ho-hum as the LA Rush demo

You said it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: