http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 12:17:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Auto Scorched for a 5.5 in OXM  (Read 1096 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2006, 07:44:26 PM »

Wow.

I don't have a 360 but this is/was on my list of to gets some day when I graduate to next gen...
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 07:55:08 PM »

The demo did not impress me at all... felt like a bad combination of Crazy Taxi and Burnout.

Oh, and Twisted Metal too.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 08:12:18 PM »

From the demo it seemed like they wanted to combine everything from every racing and car combat game ever made, then throw some time shifting on top of it.

Played like a mess to me. I'm not surprised.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 08:18:38 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Wow.

I don't have a 360 but this is/was on my list of to gets some day when I graduate to next gen...

Not surprised, as others have said the demo was a mess (though some claim to have enjoyed it).

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »

I enjoyed it....as almost a beer and pretzel type of game more than a real racing game. I think Blowing the tar out of everything in sight, crashing through buildings, etc will be fun.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 09:39:44 PM »

This was one of my most anticipated launch titles (which of course didn't make launch).  Then I played the demo.  That killed any hopes for me.  Maybe Burnout Revenge will be good?  I didn't play any other the versions on the other consoles, so even if it was just a port with better graphics, I suppose it would be new to me.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 10:07:17 PM »

The Full Auto demo was the worst thing I've played on the 360 so far. I like to think there is a fun game underthere. Its close but I guess it misses the mark and that is more evident in the full game.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 10:17:57 PM »

I got my hopes up again when someone involved with the game started talking about how old the build was in the demo, but it really soured me.

Of course, the optimist in me is hoping the review is based on a non-release version of the game (the demo, perhaps?), but I can't imagine OXM not wanting to push every single 360 game as much as possible, while still being honest...

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 10:38:53 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
but I can't imagine OXM not wanting to push every single 360 game as much as possible, while still being honest...

That's what stands out to me, this is OXM trashing the game. OXM can't be xbox haters. slywink

It was too much of a cross-over and no good at the stuff it was made of... crashes were inconsequential, racing was sloppy and seemingly random, combat wasn't very exciting or tactical. I'll keep my Burnout and My Interstate 76 seperate, thanks.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 11:08:12 PM »

I had this on pre-order, but after playing the demo will be canceling it. I had thought it was a Car Wars type game and am now disappointed... frown
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 10:06:14 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
I'll keep my Burnout and My Interstate 76 seperate, thanks.

+1

I didn't like the demo. It was like eating a chicken salsa wrap and Maple Walnut Ice Cream at the same time.

I love both, but NOT together.  It was too much of a pain to keep track of two different boost meters, EVERYTHING EXPLODING IN FRONT OF YOU, and the rubber-band-like catchup the AI seemed to have.

Burnout Revenge on the Xbox was awesome... I hope the 360 one is "kicked up a notch". IN for sure.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 01:29:21 AM »

I thought the demo was aawful-I am really not suprised by this score.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: