http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 08:31:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front Mission 4 - 8 mission Impression.  (Read 1000 times)
programmerbob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2004, 05:17:44 AM »

I know some of you played the demo and though it was mediocre, I can't say I've played the demo CD, but I have had a chance to play the game until like mission 8, and so far I'm having a good time.

The Story is one of a military tactics unit from england(durandel), and another of 3 UCS(the area the US now occupies) soliders who are only in it for their own gain. It's an alternating story between the two people on the cover of the box. Front Mission 3 had this thing where you answered a question and depending on what you answer it would make the game one of the two storylines. It's not as original as say disgaea was with it's humorous takes on games, and general life, but seemed to be more of a realistic military type situation.

The games graphics seem to remind me of when front mission 3 came out on the ps1, they were not the greatest graphics for the time, but were certainly serviceable for the type of game it is(2d strategy rpg).

Computer opponents seem to be acceptable(I got close to dying a number of times in the girl's story). I can't really tell if it's good AI or not yet as I'm not that far into the game.

Gameplay: It's fairly similar to front mission 3(ff tactics or fire emblem), except with mechs and the occasional tank and artillery pieces.

Sound: it's the usual music from squaresoft, as usual good and fitting with the enviroments.

graphics: 6/10
sound: 9/10
story: 9/10
gameplay: 8/10

My score: 8.5, deduct 1-1.5 points if your not really a fan of these types of games. I would give disgaea a 9.2, and la pucelle tactics a 8.0, just for a reference point.

p.s. is there anyway that persons that have played a game that has not been reviewed by the editors of this fine site, can submit their opinions and such? I mean in which you would be the editor of the article and we would retain "authorship" of the article. I wouldn't care if you ended up having intellectual ownership though.

Xbox Live tag: joephis1
AIM/ESO Tag: UTBurner
programmerbob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 05:18:59 AM »

I'll continue to update the first post as I get further into the game.(or I'll repost if it's majorly changed.)

Xbox Live tag: joephis1
AIM/ESO Tag: UTBurner
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 03:25:11 PM »

Well, I think one of our reviewers is reviewing the title (if not, I have it and I can) but I like your suggestion.  It would be nice to allow readers to submit reviews as well.  We will explore this option in the future....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: