http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 12:32:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friends List Etiquette  (Read 5104 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 03:00:42 PM »

Brevity sir, BREVITY!  icon_wink
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 03:03:06 PM by Calvin » Logged
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 03:05:13 PM »

Agreed. You gots to give the MP a chance.

Pete certainly is the sterling example, but I have many others.

There's a guy named SkeeterMigee.  I have no idea who he is but whenever we get together we have a hoot and we nearly always seek each other out.

RetaardStrength is another one.  He has a crew including Boneheadx, Ala4 and Yultide Ranbow and the first time I played them they would only play on the same team. I was about to jump cause it was obvious the 4 were very good together. However, some other blokes joined and we had a great time of battling the night away. Now we almost always jump into games with each other.

But the most startling- and I've told him- is playing with Lord Ebonstone- Cthonic Horror. Here's a guy who has been as crass and -frankly- jerky as one can be on the forums- though he did often balance it with some awesome insights- who I thought was going to be a total ass to play against.  Well guess what! The guy is a prince.  Really fun, helpful, insightful and diyamn! Is he good at Gears.

So take that for what it's worth- MP has overwhelmingly become a positive addition to my repetoire.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 03:31:47 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 15, 2007, 03:00:42 PM

Brevity sir, BREVITY!  icon_wink

For me, that was brief.  ninja  I was trying to quickly type something up before I left for work.  And being able to type around 135 WPM, it didn't take me long at all.   smoke 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 03:43:08 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on March 15, 2007, 02:57:09 PM

Pete, by the time I logged out your friend had increased astronomically in his skills.  Heck, he even was winning rounds for us and chainsawing like a pro.  Very impressive and disheartening considering how long it took me to make it to my whimsical meat shield ability.

Yeah, I too was impressed and yet disheartened as well with how quickly John picked up the nuances of Gears.  Granted, he has spent a great deal of time playing Star Wars: Battlefront along with a handful of other first-person-shooters on the original Xbox, so he was no stranger to the controller (I have another friend who cannot play a single FPS game at my house without incessantly grumbling about how much better he'd be with a keboard and mouse  disgust).  After we were finished for the night he said that he was really starting to get the hang of the controls.  And I hadn't even had time to explain active reload, B-is-for-bitchslap, grenade tags, and a few other strategies as well.  Although he was mostly concerned with the chainsaw, anyway, like a kid with a new toy. 

And I agree with everything you said about the MP experience.  It really has been a great way to interact with and get to know the posters on these boards as people and not just online pesonalities.

Exactly

Starshifter, you just need to play with the GTers online to start out.  Anytime I don't know a game everyone around here is more than helpful in dishing out tips and secrets.  Worms is a great example of a game that is best to learn with friends.  On the surface it seems so simple, but there are so many strategies, hidden uses, etc. that it can be overwhelming to stare at that inventory.  Now realize that it's a greatly paired down version of it from the last 2D interation, Armageddon.  I'm always up for a game of Worms so I'll look for you online.  I should be around this evening if anyone's up for it.

Starshifter, Jancelot is a great person to play with.  I consider him a friend and hope to someday buy him a beer if he makes his way to Arizona (or if I find myself in Texas anytime soon).  But be aware, he's a Cowboys fan, so he is partially mentally handicapped, so speak slowly when playing with him.  And if you hear funny scratching noises coming from his mic, he for some reason likes to chew on it from time to time. 

*EDIT: Ok, Pete just posted everything I said in Dostoyevsky form.

smoke 

*EDIT 2:  Pete, I'm sure you'll relish in the fact that my alumni's (North Texas) mascot is an Eagle.  Scrappy is his name and he's sitting on my desk right now to support my team's sweep of the the tournament.  Hey, stop laughing, we have to dream big:

You won't get by Penn if you meet us in the Regionals.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »

Nice posts!  
I will give a real life example to make you feel a whole lot better though, Shifty:

You haven't experienced life to it's fullest until you have had me as a co-op teammate in any type of shooting game!  Trust me on this.  There are really no words to describe how much I add to the excitement!  Just ask Arkon, Soulchilde, Damage, Siege, Jarrod, Papa, or the numerous other people that have had the privilege of teaming with me.  There are so many examples, but I will use just one.

Game:  Rainbow 6: Vegas  (A game I play a lot and am reasonably skilled with - or so I think)

Players: I don't remember, but probably some mixture of Papa, Jarrod, Soulchilde, Arkon, Jance, etc...

Situation:  Clearing a room of bad guys and the following few minutes.

Outcome:  Coordinated doors being opened...  BANG!  BANG!  Grenade Out!,  BANG!  BANG!  - All enemies dead!  Time to move onto the next section.

Soulchilde:  "I'll scout ahead and see what's up"
Jarrod: "I got your back"
Papa: "Uh... where's Lockdown?"
Arkon:  "Lockdown - did you die in that firefight?"
Me:  " ... "

Soulchilde: "Shit - tango behind the crate!  Grenade Out!"
Jarrod:  "Oh look, a weapons cache.  Sweet - I'm going to try the sniper rifle."
Arkon: "Lockdown, are you coming?  Where are you?"
Papa:  "I found him.  He's stuck on a door.  Err... outside the room we just cleared."
Me:  "Yeah, I'm coming.  I'm just a bit lost is all.  Where do we go now?  Oh, and how do I reload again?"
Soulchilde:  "Head up those steps to your right.  And hit 'x' to reload."
Me: "I don't see any steps... what steps!?  There are no freaking steps anywhere near me."

From about 6 yards away, Papa (standing on the steps I can't find) shoots his gun over my shoulder, just missing my head.  "This way!"

Me: "OH!  I see them now... Coming!   By the way - how'd we do in clearing that last room?"
Arkon: "WE did just great.  You were a big help too.  I'm sure getting stuck on the door distracted the tangos for us."
Me: " ... "

--------------

And that is the abbreviated version, and unfortunately not exaggerated.  (With the exception of the names of course, as I don't remember who exactly I played with that night).

icon_biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »

I just had a coworker walk by and ask me what the hell was so funny that I was laughing so hard.   icon_lol  I've read your MP stories before Lockdown but this one takes the cake!  Classically funny!  I will probably still be laughing later today.

If MP is fun like that than I may have to give this a try.  Unfortunately, I don't own any of the popular (Rainbow 6, Gears or GRAW) MP games except Battlestations Midway.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on March 15, 2007, 04:20:41 PM

Unfortunately, I don't own any of the popular (Rainbow 6, Gears or GRAW) MP games except Battlestations Midway.

You know there's a simple solution to that  retard.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2007, 04:23:35 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 15, 2007, 04:22:03 PM

Unfortunately, I don't own any of the popular (Rainbow 6, Gears or GRAW) MP games except Battlestations Midway.

He doesn't like games with a "macho theme" or with "big muscular brute antagonists" because he prefers his characters to be more soft and supple, with long flowing hair and smooth skin.  You know, like him. 

"PUT THE LOTION IN THE BASKET!"

He can't look beyond the brief cutscenes he's seen from Gears of War, and rather than giving the raw, visceral gameplay a try, he'd rather prance around as a female witch dusting enemies under a giant rug. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 04:25:11 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 04:40:35 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on March 15, 2007, 04:23:35 PM

...he prefers his characters ... with ... smooth skin.  You know, like him. 

Glass houses and all that Mr. Cucumber Eyes.

And watch out for Pete as well.  His mouth-breathing is traumatizing and I'm pretty certain he actually jams the mic up his left nostril.  He likes to blame it on the ceiling fan but we all know better.

icon_biggrin
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 04:43:27 PM »

I just had a coworker walk by and ask me what the hell was so funny that I was laughing so hard.   icon_lol  I've read your MP stories before Lockdown but this one takes the cake!  Classically funny!  I will probably still be laughing later today.

If MP is fun like that than I may have to give this a try.  Unfortunately, I don't own any of the popular (Rainbow 6, Gears or GRAW) MP games except Battlestations Midway.

Sadly, he's not lying.  you have to watch your back when you play with LD smile

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »

He doesn't like games with a "macho theme" or with "big muscular brute antagonists" because he prefers his characters to be more soft and supple, with long flowing hair and smooth skin.  You know, like him. 

He can't look beyond the brief cutscenes he's seen from Gears of War, and rather than giving the raw, visceral gameplay a try, he'd rather prance around as a female witch dusting enemies under a giant rug. 

Ouch! My feelings are hurt! icon_cry

Hey now.  Which would you rather stare at for hours:  a gorgeous curvy witch with beautiful hair and awesome powers or a big muscular man brute who grunts like a caveman and pounds his chest?  Even though I hate women I would rather stare at Alicia all night rather than Marcus Fenix.

And give me some credit darn it!  I'm playing God of War on my PS2!  nod  And I'm enjoying it!  I'm well into Athens right now.  And I said I would never play that.  There is hope for me yet.  Now, back to watching back-to-back episodes of Charmed.  slywink

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 06:49:36 PM »

STAAAARRRRRSHIFTERRRRRR!!!!

Oh, hello, there, lol, long time no talk!  Tongue

Boy have I been gone a long time.. Charmed? OMG you so need MP lol!  Seriously, folks, ta dum dum:

I'm very methodical in my gameplay and love to take things s-l-o-w-l-y.  I like to stop and think.  Analyze the situation and the environment around me.  Be sure before I move and do something.  This, I assume, would annoy the hell out of people in MP.

I am so totally there with you, it is not close to being funny!  Add to the fact I have no sense of direction and no memory at all... my very first MP experience, I was hand-led through a co-op attack on one of the Resident Evil games.  And from there... it reads much like Lockdown's hysterical description of his gameplay.  Some quotes (from Ascendent, is he still around?):  "No, not THAT room again, you've been in there 8 times already, and there is STILL nothing in there!"  or  "Shoot it, shoot it, shoot it.. reload, reload!" (Answer: "I thought I was!" or "I'm TRYING!!) or "No, go right, left is that same dead end you've been to a hundred times!" or "Now where the heck did you go? Are you lost AGAIN?"  To Ascendent's credit, we still had fun, or at least I did, lmao.  We never did get very far but it was a fun introduction to "MP" via Co-op.  You might try that route - maybe with something like Perfect Dark Zero? You have a PS2, so Resident Evil comes to mind, only because you can go co-op with it.. personally, I hated the controls and never did learn them.

Also, not all MP games are FPS's... some allow you to go off and take things as s-l-o-w-l-y as you like, just you have a clan or group you belong to that helps you when you need it.  Yeah, I'm talking FFXI of course.   And some people with discipline can actually limit their time of play to a reasonable amount! Not me, unless I'm deathly ill, but we have a half dozen hard core folks you can find on at almost anytime.. and others who say, "Well gotta log out now, time for bed, work in AM" - astounding I know, but they manage it.  You need patience to get it started, but it is in the installation and Playonline junk, not in the playing - if you have a friend from the start - and you would have an immediate home and plenty of help from us.  Our clan -  called a "Linkshell" - knows I have physical and mental limits due to my disability, and they know I will do things that are easier for me (leveling a craft for useful items, ie) that will benefit the LS.  In turn, they wait for me when we're questing together, come and retrieve me when I get lost, and give me simple instructions in Boss fights, and make sure I "get it" before we start!  Someone even checks my equipment to be sure I'm not going in to fight a dragon, fully equipped in fishing gear! Also, because my hands tire, I auto-follow someone when we are going a distance so I can just relax.  Just ask Metallicorphan, lmao - he has a permanently bad back from carrying me all over Vana'diel, since we used to duo a lot!  And yes, of course I would duo with you in a second, lol!

Of course, if you already know you have an extremely addictive personality and no discipline (which I find hard to believe after you got your mitts on "Emergency!" and set out a program of limited watching time so as not to blow through them all at once!) - if that is so, then... um, just go drinking and drugging instead, it will be safer.  icon_twisted

So,  I'm not your typical MP player lol... though I did used to play split screen Halo ages ago, when I wasn't a Live member... you can still dip your toes in the water through co-op, or mmorpg duoing, or even try a "kiddie" game like Ratchet Deadlocked, just to learn the basic ideas behind Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, and other game modes.  Though you will be subjected to idiots there (kiddies bragging, ie), you can probably cultivate a group to play with that you would like... matter of fact, ask Darren8tor (sp? lol) if he still has a clan going on Deadlocked.  I had never played a Ratchet game in my life, but I really enjoyed learning the game modes and playing with fun people.  If you don't have a Net connector for your PS2, just let me know, I will send you one ASAP if you want to try anything on the PS2.

Mr. Cucumber Eyes - omg this whole thread is hysterical.  Dont feel bad about laughing out loud at work - I'm alone in my living room lolling like mad!  icon_lol

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 08:39:43 PM »

Quote from: Jancelot on March 15, 2007, 04:40:35 PM

...he prefers his characters ... with ... smooth skin.  You know, like him. 

Glass houses and all that Mr. Cucumber Eyes.

And watch out for Pete as well.  His mouth-breathing is traumatizing and I'm pretty certain he actually jams the mic up his left nostril.  He likes to blame it on the ceiling fan but we all know better.

icon_biggrin

It's 94 today.  In March.  A ceilng fan is just as important to my gaming as cold beer.  Besides, I can't jam the mic up my left nostril.  After too many broken noses, it doesn't work.  At all.  You don't hide your lust for me very well.

Quote from: Starshifter on March 15, 2007, 04:54:44 PM

Ouch! My feelings are hurt! icon_cry

I thought you had your feelings removed to protect you from teh eevil b00bies. 

Hey now.  Which would you rather stare at for hours:  a gorgeous curvy witch with beautiful hair and awesome powers or a big muscular man brute who grunts like a caveman and pounds his chest?  Even though I hate women I would rather stare at Alicia all night rather than Marcus Fenix.

See, you're not accurately representing yourself with your statement.  Anyone that even remotely knows Starshifter knows that you only enjoy games that you can immerse yourself into, playing the role of the lead character, inserting yourself into the role as if you were experiencing the story first-hand.  Playing the game as if you were the lead character him- (or her-) self, making decisions as if you were that very person.  And you continue to enjoy playing the role of video game heroine, whether it be a female Jedi, or broom-wielding witch.  So it really isn't about staring at a beautiful character, it is actually about pretending to be said beautiful character.  And to answer your question, I would in fact rather pretend to be Marcus Fenix than Alicia.   icon_cool 

And give me some credit darn it!  I'm playing God of War on my PS2!  nod  And I'm enjoying it!  I'm well into Athens right now.  And I said I would never play that.  There is hope for me yet.  Now, back to watching back-to-back episodes of Charmed.  slywink

And to this day I still cannot believe that you continued to entirely disregard everything I, a friend, said about God of War, but immediately following the emergence of the Golden Cock Monkey you rushed to your nearest game store to buy God of War, even despite the lead character being a buff, tattooed, man's man with blades chained to his arms.  And I am the strange one.   retard 

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 12:07:46 AM »

Playing the "friends list shuffle" is a game all on it's own.

My list hit the limit sometime around the middle of last year. It's since become kind of a game trying to figure out who gets the boot when I get a new game and I want to get people on my list that are playing it.

I think I've shuffled upwards of 30 people off my list over the last few months. Several of them have indeed been people who I never once played a multiplayer game with. If we never play any games or chat or whatever, what's the point?

I need the spot on the list for someone that might actually help me make use of my live subscription.

Good example: Jancelot was on my friends list for ages. I think we might have played Forza. Once. And that's.. maybe. It might be coopasonic I'm thinking of. Either way, he got removed recently to make room for someone else that shares my addictions to Vegas and GRAW 2. In fact.. all but a couple of the people on these boards tend to be people I haven't actually.. you know, played games with before, or at least more than one time in the years I've had a live subscription.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 11:14:37 PM »

I've nercromanced this thread to revisit our conversation about friends list etiquette as I have recently done some "spring cleaning" (well, it feels like spring here in Phoenix even though it's mid-December  icon_cool) in order to make some room for people I am currently playing COD:W@W with pretty regularly.  My intent is to make room for some new faces I've met on the COD battlefield and in order to do that I've been forced to eliminate some existing friends from my list. 

This is always a difficult task as you never really want to have to eliminate anyone from your friends list, but because there is a limitation on the number you can have it becomes a juggling game to have the people you want on your list for games you're currently playing at the time.

The reason for my post is to make it clear that my hopes are not for anyone to take it personally if you find yourself no longer on my friends list.  It isn't at all personal and only based upon games I am currently playing at the moment.  I haven't eliminated anyone for any reasons or problems.  If I haven't played a game with you in a while or have noticed a trend in that we have somewhat different taste in games then I've made some room to allow fellow COD players to join my list to make it a little easier in setting up MP games.

It's always a juggling game and I hope those affected understand.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 11:19:04 PM »

a 'Dear Pete" letter?   icon_wink

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 05, 2008, 11:14:37 PM

have noticed a trend in that we have somewhat different taste in games

Guess I'm off the list  crybaby crybaby crybaby icon_wink
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »

Wow. What an awesome thread this was. It contains the genesis of the Peterock/ATB/SensuousLettuce friendship (and possibly it's disolution  ninja )and really shows how I began to transform into an MP gamer.

I can't believe that this- of all threads- is one you catalogued in that perfectly mud masked head of yours, well enough to revive, Pedro.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »

You know, I've been meaning to post this for quite some time, so now is good - thanks for the necromancy, Pete!  nod

I can't really play Live games - although I don't doubt I'll get sucked into another one at some point in the future, I've been avoiding them since FFXI.  My muscle disorder requires being able to pause, or quit, a game whenever I need to, plus the frantic play that is often involved in online play, just plain hurts.  And there's that little matter of discovering, via FFXI, that I'm (apparently) a MMORPG junkie... I pray that World of Warcraft never comes to the 360!   icon_eek

So, anyone on my Friend's List who needs to make space, understand that I won't take it personally at all if you remove me.  I only like being on Live so I can see who's playing what and when; it makes me feel less "alone" in single player games.  If you have space on your list, I'd be glad to stay, but I'm the least likely person to ever answer a multiplayer game request, so do what you have to do, if you have to do it! I won't blame you... too much. crybaby

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2008, 01:48:13 AM »

I only have about 15 people on my list  crybaby
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2008, 04:47:49 AM »

Quote from: Tokek on December 06, 2008, 01:48:13 AM

I only have about 15 people on my list  crybaby

Add me! IF you don't care that I never play multi-player, send me a request. I have 60-something people on my list - at least half of whom are from GT, the other half (stay with me here) - half of them, I have no clue who they are, lmao! I still like seeing what folks are playing, and checking out their avatars, etc...   icon_lol

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »

I think I have 9 people on my friendslist....

A new one
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2008, 04:27:35 PM »

I have a Zune and really enjoy its "social" features where you can add friends and share music. However, your friends list is COMBINED with your Xbox Live friends list, which SUCKS. Since I already have a full friends list, whenever someone tries to add me as a Zune friend (someone who does NOT have a 360 for example), I have to drop someone from my current 100 to make room. So very annoying.
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2008, 07:35:27 PM »

Pete, I'm just getting back in the swing of things and it'll be quite some time before I get any of the games you are currently playing. So I won't be offended if you take me off, or have done it already.

It's not like you respond to any of my messages anyway  icon_wink where did it all go wrong.  crybaby
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2008, 09:15:19 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on December 06, 2008, 04:47:49 AM

Add me! IF you don't care that I never play multi-player, send me a request. I have 60-something people on my list - at least half of whom are from GT, the other half (stay with me here) - half of them, I have no clue who they are, lmao! I still like seeing what folks are playing, and checking out their avatars, etc...   icon_lol

Done!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on December 06, 2008, 07:35:27 PM

Pete, I'm just getting back in the swing of things and it'll be quite some time before I get any of the games you are currently playing. So I won't be offended if you take me off, or have done it already.

It's not like you respond to any of my messages anyway  icon_wink where did it all go wrong.  crybaby

You're still on the list.

But when you send messages like, "T'sup, douchie," is there really any kind of response to that?  Besides, "T'sup," which kind of goes without saying.   icon_wink 

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »

Myto's got FR.  Heck, one of the more fun evenings this past week was half a dozen of us CoD players griping about hardcore multi while listening to Moriarty gripe about Quicktime events in Kung Fu Panda.  The new party functionality makes for some interesting juxtapositions.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 08:14:49 PM »

Okay, this is probably totally obvious... but I'm not feeling great today and I've misplaced my brain, so I'll just ask:

What the heck is FR, lol?

Also, right now, this very minute, I'm trying to replace my failing 20 gig HD with a new 60 gig, so I may go missing off of Live and GT, for a bit.  My new drive did not come with a disc to enable the switchover, so I'm having to figure it out myself (yikes! icon_eek)  I believe I managed to accept the three new Friend's Requests, lol, but my HD froze in the middle of the process, so if I didn't get you - try, try again. From "MyXBox" on my laptop, it looks like I got you, so probably it's fine. nod

I wish I was a technology genius...  retard

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2008, 08:31:34 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on December 07, 2008, 08:14:49 PM

Okay, this is probably totally obvious... but I'm not feeling great today and I've misplaced my brain, so I'll just ask:

I'm guessing it means a Friend Request, and you've got one from me as well.  smile  Like you, I don't tend to play much multiplayer but I do like to see what everyone else is playing and such.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2008, 09:56:27 PM »

Friend request, indeed.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 07, 2008, 08:31:34 PM

Quote from: mytocles on December 07, 2008, 08:14:49 PM

I'm guessing it means a Friend Request, and you've got one from me as well.  smile  Like you, I don't tend to play much multiplayer but I do like to see what everyone else is playing and such.

Heck, I might as well throw my hat in the ring next time I crank up the 360 and send out some Friend Requests, seeing as how my current list has all of two people on it.  icon_frown I also fall squarely into the "don't tend to play much (if any) multi but do like to see what others are up to" camp...

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2008, 10:31:30 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on December 06, 2008, 11:30:33 AM

*cry for help that was completely ignored*

Spoiler for Hiden:
;-)

A new one
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2008, 10:53:31 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on December 07, 2008, 10:31:30 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
;-)

So, what's your gamertag?  I didn't see it in the official Multiplayer forum list.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2008, 06:37:13 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 07, 2008, 10:53:31 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
;-)

So, what's your gamertag?  I didn't see it in the official Multiplayer forum list.

Ha!  I think we have some kind of "silent majority" going here... I had no clue that other people were in the same boat with me - wanting, or keeping, Friends - just to message them or see what they're playing, etc.  I still have plenty of space left (don't think I've hit 70 yet), so feel free to FR me (thank you for explaining FR, lol) if you want to jump onboard!

If you are a GT member, but not using the same name, just send a short message, ie, JoeBlow=Gamr2r, or whatever, lol.  I accept all requests, just would like to know who the heck you are!

I wasn't able to get my 20 gig HD stuff over to my new 60 gig one, yet - so i'm still kind of between things there, but I will try to remember to keep checking "MyXBox" online to accept requests or get messages.  It shouldn't take me too long to get straightened out, it's just that my expert friends have been busy this weekend, and I can't quite manage this on my own.  But, I'm always available on GT, and my email is listed there, so if I lose you or you want to talk to me for some other reason, just PM me or use my email via GT.

I know I'm repeating myself, but DAMN - this is the best site ever, eh?   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2008, 11:38:20 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on March 14, 2007, 05:18:57 PM

Ok. I'm up to 98 people and since Calvin begged me to keep him, I'm afraid I'm bumping the following:

chaz
countach
damageinc

As I don't know I've ever played with any of them.

Nothing personal. It's just gaming.

You used to play with damageinc all the time in COD4 slywink

My friend's list has been full since about a week after I got my 360.  Every few months or on a major release I remove people who haven't turned their xbox's on in a long time, or people who I just don't play with.  I also remove people who never seem to respond to game invites.

On occasion I have removed people because I just don't enjoy playing with them or have personality issues with  ninja
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »

How does the list work?  What I mean is - do two people have to have EACH OTHER on their respective lists for it to show up?

Let's say Pete and Devil are on each others list.  Then Pete deletes Devil.  Is Pete still on Devil's list; or once one cancels, it's cancelled for both?

Am I making ANY sense whatsoever?!?   retard

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2008, 01:53:38 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on December 08, 2008, 12:24:45 PM

How does the list work?  What I mean is - do two people have to have EACH OTHER on their respective lists for it to show up?

Let's say Pete and Devil are on each others list.  Then Pete deletes Devil.  Is Pete still on Devil's list; or once one cancels, it's cancelled for both?

Am I making ANY sense whatsoever?!?   retard

Once Pete Delete's him he disappears of Devils.

And Hark- note that post was March 2007!  COD4 didn't come out until November...and Damage was already back on my friends list before pete resurrected this thread.

It's funny how things change.  I've been on and off Hark's list 2 or 3 times now...
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 07, 2008, 10:53:31 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
;-)

And it ain't "Razgon".  icon_frown

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »

Oopsie, sorry, missed that first post!  So, Request me, or post your gamertag here.   nod

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: