http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 06:10:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fragile - new RPG from Eternal Sonata developers  (Read 1205 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:10:10 AM »

1Up has the details on tri-Crescendo's new Wii RPG called Fragile.  There aren't many details yet, but the setup sounds intriguing -

Set in a near future where players under control of a young boy named Seto, players will explore a post-apocalyptic world in search of survivors. Enemies are described only as "ghosts" so far, and defeating them will apparently provide you with simple gadgets like flashlights and metal detectors.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »

Gamersyde has Famitsu scans

Looks interesting.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:14:02 PM »

I'd rather it be on 360.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 03:52:12 PM »

hopefully it makes it over here.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 03:28:53 AM »

I've really liked all of Tri-crescendo's games, so I will be in on this barring some earth shattering problem with the title.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »

http://fragile.namco-ch.net/

the site has been updated again with some more moody screens and great music. I hope that Namco has the balls to bring this stateside. It looks very cool, and hopefully it lives up to its look.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »

went to the website yesterday, & this looks as interesting to me as anything coming for the wii (pretty sure it'll make it's way over here, tho who knows when)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 03:42:50 PM »

Hmm...this is the only thread that came back in the search results. Anyway, Fragile Dreams was released and it is opening to less than stellar reviews. 5.5, 6.7, etc. I really anticipated a better outcome:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/fragiledreamsfarewellruinsofthemoon?q=fragile%20dreams

From Nintendo Power

"The developers have accomplished a rare feat in producing a game that is legitimately thought-provoking, original, and visually distinctive. Too bad they couldn't find a way to make it fun."

User impressions from Gamefaqs:

"This game will be love it or hate it.
The gameplay is pretty stiff and unsatisfying, but the atmosphere is what drives the game forward. The audio is usually pretty bland, but has some high points. The visuals are about as low tech as it gets, sometimes looking worse than a late gen N64 title, but sometimes they look great simply because of how they're used."

"Combat certainly is repetitive. And stupidly easy. I haven't even taken a hit yet. The controls could also have been better. But the fun of this game comes from it's atmosphere and story, which is very interesting. I don't expect a lot of replay value from it, but I really enjoy what it has to offer."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 03:45:04 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »

Must be Italian

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 08:02:25 PM »

I should have a review of this game up on the front page next week. Haven't played it yet, but I too have high hopes for this game. It seems like it could have some offbeat charm.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 02:43:06 AM »

According to the IGN review, the game is only 6 hours long  icon_eek icon_cry

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 04:14:09 AM »

Any more thoughts on this?  It's sounding pretty fun.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 02:54:40 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on March 19, 2010, 02:43:06 AM

According to the IGN review, the game is only 6 hours long  icon_eek icon_cry

That sucks if true, but I stopped paying attention to review websites like 4 years ago, IGN in particular. I am more interested in what folks here say. I will get this game, but probably when it hits 29.99 I just bought several Xseed pubbed titles at this magical price point and I'll support them for bring this over too.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 02:35:34 PM »

I'm about half way through this game (i.e. I'm just over 3 hours into it.) I will say that this game will be extremely polarizing. Some people may love it, but others will hate it. The game has an outstanding atmosphere and the story is artistic in that it tries to play with your emotions, BUT the actual fighting mechanics in this game are almost non existent. It reminds me a lot of the early Silent Hill games, in that the gameplay isn't that great, but the mood, atmosphere and story will keep some gamers going.

I will have my full review up by the end of the week.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 04:05:39 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 23, 2010, 02:35:34 PM

I'm about half way through this game (i.e. I'm just over 3 hours into it.) I will say that this game will be extremely polarizing. Some people may love it, but others will hate it. The game has an outstanding atmosphere and the story is artistic in that it tries to play with your emotions, BUT the actual fighting mechanics in this game are almost non existent. It reminds me a lot of the early Silent Hill games, in that the gameplay isn't that great, but the mood, atmosphere and story will keep some gamers going.

How does it compare to the new Silent Hill game that was on the Wii?  I loved that one.  Not a lot of fighting in it at all, either (more running from fighting).  But it was all story and atmosphere.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 23, 2010, 04:05:39 PM

How does it compare to the new Silent Hill game that was on the Wii?  I loved that one.  Not a lot of fighting in it at all, either (more running from fighting).  But it was all story and atmosphere.

I haven't played the new Silent Hill, but from what I've read about it the two are pretty similar. Except in Fragile you actually do fight things and level up, it's just that the fighting is so shallow, it basically boils down to hitting the A button until the enemy is dead.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 09:24:50 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 23, 2010, 06:55:49 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 23, 2010, 04:05:39 PM

I haven't played the new Silent Hill, but from what I've read about it the two are pretty similar. Except in Fragile you actually do fight things and level up, it's just that the fighting is so shallow, it basically boils down to hitting the A button until the enemy is dead.

Sounds like not fighting might be preferable to fighting in that case.

Still, this'll be something I check out eventually, I think.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »

I am writing my review up on this one now. But if you were worried about the length, don't be. It's actually over 10 hours. I could see people easily taking 20 hours to collect everything and fully explore the game. In my opinion it's actually a perfect length because anything longer would have been too long.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »

Also, I have no idea why the IGN review says it's only 6 hours. I played through the game very fast, and there is just no way you could get through it on your first play through in just 6 hours.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »

Here's my full review I gave the game a 73, here's my summary:
If you are a twitch gamer who demands a robust or even decent fighting system then you should steer clear of Fragile Dreams. But, if you enjoy a story driven adventure that is about a journey to try and salvage a normal life when it seems that none is attainable, then you will mostly likely find Fragile Dreams charming and worthwhile

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »

Excellent, scraper.  I will pick this up as soon as I clear some gaming time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: