http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 09:35:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza Motorsport impressions here!  (Read 18133 times)
Fuzzballx
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"
I'm beginning to think my AI issues are because I run the game with "Hard" AI.  Unfortunately, it's not very challenging for me at Medium... so I'm hosed either way.

gellar

At least thats where the live scoreboards sure come in nice and handy!  biggrin
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2005, 06:38:52 PM »

Quote from: "Fuzzballx"
Quote from: "gellar"
I'm beginning to think my AI issues are because I run the game with "Hard" AI.  Unfortunately, it's not very challenging for me at Medium... so I'm hosed either way.

gellar

At least thats where the live scoreboards sure come in nice and handy!  biggrin

Yeah... but for a lot of the earlier races at least, you've gotta spend a lot of money on a car that TOTALLY OUTCLASSES THE COMPETITION because that's what everyone else on Live uses.  But I guess if I'm going to run away with the race, I might as well totally run away with the race.

Still a fun game though.

gellar
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2005, 08:33:23 PM »

ah yes, the early amatuer races...i ran away with every one of em.

Gets alot better in the more tightly controlled races in the professional and championship series and the xbox live scoreboards really mean something there...

I only ran the bare minimum of amateur races at first, i'm going back now and knocking em out quick to fill in my unlockables though.

Even now, the championship series will give me a hell of a run for my money, one bad screwup and you can go from 1st to last really fast.  I think the AI is ....somewhat....adaptive.  It seems to pick up some serious speed if your doing really well in front...not that its cheeting..but i think it will drive not so hard if your sucking, and really hard if your doing great...at least thats how its appeared to me...adaptive but not cheeting.

Last night i ran the championship C cup series, and it forces you to run them in series...one after the other...just like a real series...pretty cool.  But anyhow, I got 1st on 4 of the races, and second a 5th, but i completely bunked leguna seca on the last lap by making a major booboo right towards the end (near perfect race to that point) and the AI cars almost all passed me on it, so i ended up in 6th and failed the series by not at least placing in each race.  Have to run it again tomorrow night.  Anyhow, just sayiin, at least IMHO, the challenge is definitely there past the amateur events.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2005, 09:37:32 PM »

Yeah... I'm about 25% of the way through the game and still find the Hard AI to be a fair challenge, with the Medium AI as a cake walk.

I haven't run a Championship yet though.

gellar
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2005, 01:48:30 AM »

I picked this up a few days ago and have been having a great time with it.

I can't say I have much as far as a car collection goes, but I do have three or four cars all upgraded into the S-Class, including an S1 graded 240sx with 700-something horsepower that's damn fun to drive. I have to be careful with the gas in that one or I break the rear tires loose in second and third gear biggrin

I'm only level 15 or so, so I still have tons of game to go.

It's been a blast so far and a really great alternative to my usual run of unrealistic arcade racers.

My Live tag is Cabbot if any of you would like to see just how badly you're destroying my track times.

I wouldn't mind some multiplayer racing either slywink

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2005, 05:19:19 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"

I think we gotcha covered biggrin good racin!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2005, 07:29:23 AM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"

I think we gotcha covered biggrin good racin!

It was definitely fun. Hopefully next game I can spend less time acuainting myself with the various walls of each track and more time actually racing slywink

When's the next Forza night? I'm addicted.

Minus some current frustration I'm having with the Corvette Circuit Series I'm still loving the game.

That 'vette series though.. damn.

There's a new C6 from Lingenfelter in there, and damn it all I had to blow like 50k in credits just upgrading a Z06 to even compete with the thing. It runs me off the track every time frown

I think I'm going to have to start taking advantage of that Driveatar thingie.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2005, 09:24:41 PM »

Minus some current frustration I'm having with the Corvette Circuit Series I'm still loving the game.

That 'vette series though.. damn.

There's a new C6 from Lingenfelter in there, and damn it all I had to blow like 50k in credits just upgrading a Z06 to even compete with the thing. It runs me off the track every time frown

I think I'm going to have to start taking advantage of that Driveatar thingie.

I'm down to the corvette series and the last still locked series in amateur and took a look atthat lingenfelter vette... S2 class with 800 hp/800+ lb ft torque...

At the moment all I have is a stock 67 Stingray (B4 maybe?) and about 50k cash. I think I need to go earn some cash. Tongue Or maybe sell of a few of my 25 or so prize cars hehe.

I did use amy drivatar for one race jsut to see how it did, it kicked some butt with a much superior car and then took about 75% of the winnings... I guess there won't be any hands off cash grinding in this one.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2005, 10:23:04 PM »

I will say that I am totally disappointed in the spectator sprites.  I wish they had just left them off.  The first time I crashed into a wall and noticed that they used a particular girl sprite like 12 times in a 50 yard stretch, I was totally taken out of the experience.  Now every time around the track I can't help but notice they use the same people in the exact same clothes and the exact same stance over and over and over and over ad nauseum.  I realize it has nothing whatsoever to do with the racing, but it just smacks of a 3 year old game made by a lazy developer.  Can't help it.  Just a peeve of mine.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2005, 04:47:09 AM »

I'm down to the corvette series and the last still locked series in amateur and took a look atthat lingenfelter vette... S2 class with 800 hp/800+ lb ft torque...

At the moment all I have is a stock 67 Stingray (B4 maybe?) and about 50k cash. I think I need to go earn some cash. Tongue Or maybe sell of a few of my 25 or so prize cars hehe.

Yeah, I hate selling cars, but I think I may have to sell a couple, maybe including my current Z06, and buy a new C6 Vette to upgrade, since I'm pretty sure that's the only way I'm going to end up being able to compete with that Lingenfelter.

I can't stay away from it after the turns, despite my Z06 now having 800+ hp just like the lingenfelter. My torque number is closer to 750 or something, which I can't imagine is a big enough difference for it to really affect things. I guess it all comes down to my bad driving :|

I originally thought I could just alter the gearing a little bit since most of the vette series tracks don't have a lot of long straightaways, but that hasn't seemed to help me much. I've still not gotten the gold on Laguna Seca in that set, and haven't tried the other races. Best I can do is a second place finish. That damn car overtook me in the very last turn before the finish line the last time I played it, despite me miraculously holding him off and staying in first for the entire 3.95 laps before. frown

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2005, 07:00:09 PM »

Yeah, I hate selling cars, but I think I may have to sell a couple, maybe including my current Z06, and buy a new C6 Vette to upgrade, since I'm pretty sure that's the only way I'm going to end up being able to compete with that Lingenfelter.

I can't stay away from it after the turns, despite my Z06 now having 800+ hp just like the lingenfelter. My torque number is closer to 750 or something, which I can't imagine is a big enough difference for it to really affect things. I guess it all comes down to my bad driving :|

I originally thought I could just alter the gearing a little bit since most of the vette series tracks don't have a lot of long straightaways, but that hasn't seemed to help me much. I've still not gotten the gold on Laguna Seca in that set, and haven't tried the other races. Best I can do is a second place finish. That damn car overtook me in the very last turn before the finish line the last time I played it, despite me miraculously holding him off and staying in first for the entire 3.95 laps before. frown

Finally got back to playing Forza today, I couldn't beat the Lingenfelter with a fully upgraded C6, my avatar couldn't either... I did a trianing run with my drivatar once i realized it had no ranking for dual-apex and decreasing radius turns (both of which appears in laguna seca) and my drivatar beat the lingenfelter by 8 seconds.

Now that have the Lingenfelter in my garage I have no idea why it was so tough to beat... according to the numerical ratings, my C6 goes faster, accelerates faster and has the same braking and turning... I'm sticking with the C6. =) Running the corvette vs viper races now in the C6.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: