http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 12:20:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360]Forza Horizon  (Read 9485 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 18, 2012, 03:05:12 PM

Does it have a navigator that calls out turns? Or does it just use the GPS style navigation?

Navigator calls, plus symbols on the HUD indicating turns.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2012, 03:27:02 AM »

I think this truck is a new vehicle in Horizon. Shame we won't be able to drive it!

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2012, 03:46:01 AM »

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2012, 03:47:05 AM »

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2012, 03:48:22 AM »

I hope those shots are visible to you folks. They show up for me.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2012, 04:04:25 AM »

Quote from: Purge on December 21, 2012, 03:48:22 AM

I hope those shots are visible to you folks. They show up for me.

Yup, they look great. I'm kinda wondering how you happened to be in the situation for that last shot. icon_lol

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2012, 06:04:47 AM »

He pushed the little red button.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

Hit a bump at +170 mph, IIRC.

The first two are from the fourth section of the second rally race. Fantastic finish. Those shots are from the same moment.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 21, 2012, 03:27:02 AM

I think this truck is a new vehicle in Horizon. Shame we won't be able to drive it!

moving truck races could be fun, like some of the fof the wall races we had in GTA IV.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2012, 06:09:45 PM »

Reminds me of racing busses ... was it in Midtown Madness 3?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2012, 06:17:53 PM »

only played the first Midtown Madness, but I think GTA4 had bus racing too.  it's funny, the developers of the MM series, Angel Studios, went on to become Rockstar San Diego.....

Because I can,
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »

Question - I had a gift of points to spend and decided to get Horizon's season pass. Figured out I had to download the rally expansion from the in-game menu and that went well but what about all of the car packs? Are they automatic or do I need to 'get' them somehow? Just starting so perhaps it becomes obvious later on but thought I would ask. Thanks!

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on January 06, 2013, 04:08:02 PM

Question - I had a gift of points to spend and decided to get Horizon's season pass. Figured out I had to download the rally expansion from the in-game menu and that went well but what about all of the car packs? Are they automatic or do I need to 'get' them somehow? Just starting so perhaps it becomes obvious later on but thought I would ask. Thanks!

You download the car packs from the Marketplace in game.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »

More DLC?

New achievements adding up to 250 gamerscore have leaked suggests there will be more DLC on it's way
As pointed out on NeoGAF, Forza Horizon season pass owners received their last piece of DLC earlier this month in the form of a new car pack. The season pass provided access to six car packs and December's Forza Horizon Rally expansion pack.

-My First Challenge - You earned your first Medal (10G)
-Ferrari Fan - You earned a Medal in 14 different Ferraris (20G)
-It's Just Money - You earned a Medal in 14 different cars worth at least 1 million Cr. each (20G)
-Snake Charmer - You earned a Medal in 3 different Shelbys (20G)
-Lamborghini Lover - You earned a Medal for 8 different Lamborghinis! (20G)
-Nissan Ninja - You earned Medals by racing, jumping, and drifting 7 different Nissans! (20G)
-Well Engineered - You efficiently earned a Medal in 10 different BMWs (20G)
-Sir Challenge-a-Lot - Like a true gent, you earned a Medal in 20 different British cars! (20G)
-Ford Champion - You earned a Medal in 13 different Fords (20G)
-Forza Legend - You proved you're a Forza Legend by earning a Medal in 146 cars! (80G)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2013, 10:12:33 PM »

And more about this free DLC, the 1000 Club...

Man, I'm going to wrench my back going for that... oh, it's about cars. Sorry  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:14:36 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »

360a.org

Meguiar's Inc. modified Scion FR-S free download for both Forza Horizon and Forza 4

It's free for all Forza Horizon owners and can be snapped up for Forza Motorsport 4 if you've purchased the August Playseat Car Pack.
and something about a snapshot competition in the link

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 06, 2013, 06:55:54 PM

360a.org

Meguiar's Inc. modified Scion FR-S free download for both Forza Horizon and Forza 4

I've pretty much quit playing Horizon, but a new freebie for Forza 4 is nice. Thanks for the info!

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2013, 03:32:23 AM »

Out of curiosity, what brings you back to Forza 4 more than Horizons?

I got Horizons on sale and liked it plenty, but I found myself missing the exercise of learning a track and getting better and better at it. With Horizons you never really know what's coming, which can also be fun, but when I drive on virtual Laguna Seca or Maple Valley, I know I'll be pushing my virtual cars to their very limits.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2013, 03:46:22 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 07, 2013, 03:32:23 AM

Out of curiosity, what brings you back to Forza 4 more than Horizons?

I got Horizons on sale and liked it plenty, but I found myself missing the exercise of learning a track and getting better and better at it. With Horizons you never really know what's coming, which can also be fun, but when I drive on virtual Laguna Seca or Maple Valley, I know I'll be pushing my virtual cars to their very limits.

What you said is part of it. Also, the Horizon world is pretty small compared to, say, Oahu or even Ibiza in TDU2 and I quickly felt bored running the same roads over and over. Additionally, I miss the parts of Forza Motorsports that were omitted from Horizon, like tuning; I tune every car in FM4 and it makes a heck of a difference, certainly for my driving style. And not having actual (as opposed to cosmetic) damage means there's no consequence for using concrete barriers as cushions for wild driving, not to mention leaning on the AI in a race. Overall, for me, Horizon fell between two stools: not big enough to be a good open world game, not comprehensive enough to be a good Forza game.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »

OK, this is something new to me, but maybe everyone else knows about this. There is a Forza Rewards site where depending on your progress and achievements in the Forza games back to Forza 2, plus Forza Horizon, you get rewards of cars, credits and tokens. Since I have a bunch of progress and achievements in all those games I had five rewards awaiting me:

And apparently I get more rewards in a couple of days. I think they are trying to convince me to preorder Forza 5....  nod

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2013, 05:50:05 PM »

Holy crap, what tier are you? I'm only Tier 3, I guess I don't play hard enough. where your reward is millions of credits, mine are 20k. I guess I don't play Forza enough.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2013, 05:57:48 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on August 30, 2013, 05:50:05 PM

Holy crap, what tier are you? I'm only Tier 3, I guess I don't play hard enough. where your reward is millions of credits, mine are 20k. I guess I don't play Forza enough.

I'm Tier Five, 4546 out of 5000 possible points. I'm not an achievements type of guy, but I did get a lot of all the possible cars and drive many of the possible races. And I've owned and played the hell out of every Forza game since the first one.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2013, 06:04:26 PM »

Days played... just to give you a hint.
Forza 3: 5
Forza 4: 2
Forza Horizon: 7

Yeah, I move on quickly.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »

Gosh, I don't know what I did to deserve this (well, yeah, I do know icon_biggrin), but two days after my first set of rewards shown above, I've gotten some more:

Sadly I have to wait a whole month to the next drop  Roll Eyes

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2013, 06:35:15 AM »

so, finally fired up the full game that I bought awhile back when it was on sale for $15.  Is it possible to win the opening race against Flynt?  I came fairly close but he always seemed to have an extra burst of speed I didn't.  did a few races also, thinking I may have done better if I wasn't drunk, and definitely feel it may play better with a driving wheel.  thankfully I'm not drunk enough that a new wheel is on the way from Amazon, especially with XB1 so close.

Because I can,
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 07, 2013, 06:35:15 AM

Is it possible to win the opening race against Flynt?

Yup!

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2013, 05:17:13 AM »

I have to say the green arrows that you can toggle on to help..well... help.  It's helping me get the nuances down, where I actually use the brakes instead of bumping off other objects to change velocity.  if I keep it up I may only end up getting my ass kicked instead of gang raped with the GT Forza 5 crew.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2013, 03:29:01 AM »

And the rich get richer... I got a notice that I had more rewards, but I think it's just that somehow it hadn't given credit for my previous rewards. Anyway, here's my current total take, and more in two weeks  icon_biggrin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: