http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 02:28:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 4  (Read 33951 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on December 30, 2011, 09:10:44 PM

World Tour also gives you a World Tour cash bonus for each race.

Sheesh, it's been so long I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. Mind you, the BIG money is in manufacturer affiliation. Or at least pretty good money. And there is money for leveling up even after reaching level 50 which is where you get your last free car. I just reached level 90 and IIRC the bonus was about 200,000.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 31, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »

Congrats to Pete for joining the GTF club. Here's a little truck to drive around in MP and Rivals mode, available in the club garage:

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 02, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »

Reminder, the January DLC comes out tomorrow. Looking forward to tricking out that '73 Ford Pinto!

And for your new year's enjoyment, an older Lambo I added to the GTF garage:

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »

Found this album on Imgur via a post on Jalopnick... this is how you will get your Lamborghini. An unboxing, very cool.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 03, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »

Criminy, I haven't played this in -way- too long. Holidays were more chaotic than I imagined holidays could be.

I'll try and get my house in order again on Rivals mode soon!

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 03, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »

Here it is, your new Ford Pinto for Forza 4 icon_biggrin. It's upgraded from F100 to F200 and tuned. I also played with the gearing so it tops out in sixth at about 112. If you play with the in-game tach on, note that the upgrade raised the redline from the indicated 6000 or so to about 7200, so you will have to practice a bit with the shifting. I did this so you can better stay in the torque range.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »

They should make that thing blow up if you tap the rear end.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 03, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »

And since Pintos are cheap, and I get my Ford parts for free, I bought another and upgraded it to S700 icon_eek. 500hp, AWD, big rims, skirts, etc. In the photo below you might notice a little ball of flame coming out the tail pipe...

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 03, 2012, 09:34:19 PM »

Doing it Joie Chitwood style....

By the way, the new January Rivals Challenges are up.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:37:40 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: January 03, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »

Must get Live gold membership.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2012, 02:17:31 AM »

OK, some updates... Turns out the garage limit for a Forza 4 club is 200, because we reached that limit when I tried to add yet more cars paranoid. So I deleted some of the more boring cars I had uploaded. If more space is needed, let me know here in this forum thread.

Everything which follows in this post will probably only be of interest to those who care about tuning setups and may be safely disregarded by everyone else.

I had been tuning the cars I have been adding lately using the ForzaTune 4 app from the Apple App Store. Works pretty well I think.

To let folks know which cars have been tuned, look at the rear end of the car for this sticker...

This indicates it had been tuned with ForzaTune 4 with a neutral, 100% stability setting. I have only used under- or oversteer tuning on a couple of cars, those are indicated with a "U" or "O" and the appropriate stability percent; less than 100% is oversteer, over 100% is understeer.

Since I have been setting pretty much every car to a "N" for neutral, 100% stability setting, I have omitted showing this for cars for which I using the Gearing App function of the ForzaTune 4 tuning app, as show below.

In this case I show a "G" followed by the top speed for which the gearing has been set. For instance, in the photo this car has been tuned for a max speed in sixth of 130mph. I have done this because when you upgrade cars two or more classes and don't tweak the gearbox you tend to never get out of fourth on most tracks. These new gearbox settings should better help keep you in the car's power band.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2012, 04:42:06 AM »

Sorry for the quick follow up post, but I had a brainstorm nod. So you can quickly see which cars of mine in the GTF club are tuned using ForzaTune 4, I have updated those cars with my JZT logo on the right front fender, since when you scroll through the car list of the club garage, you see each car from the right front... pretty clever, eh? Below is an example, from my recently uploaded Ferrari California

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 10, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »

For those still playing, Hyundai has posted a free Hyundai Veloster Bonus Pack, featuring two new cars: The 2011 Rhys Millen Racing Hyundai Veloster and the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. The latter also is available to view in Autovista (see below), however, no Jeremy Clark Clarkson [thanks gellar] to bitch about the silly name Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:46:33 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 10, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »

Clarkson.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 10, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »

I should add - I really wish I was still playing this game, but as beautiful it looks and sounds and as technically well done it is... it's just not that interesting unfortunately.  I don't find much incentive in stomping the AI, Online races are generally a nightmare, and the leaderboards/challenges aren't segmented enough to make it interesting.

Every time I pop it in, I do one event and then wander off to play something else.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 10, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 10, 2012, 10:36:50 PM

Clarkson.

Senior moment Roll Eyes. I'll fix it. I've painted and tuned a Veloster Turbo and I'll be adding it to the club garage in a few minutes.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:59:50 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 10, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 10, 2012, 10:39:16 PM

I should add - I really wish I was still playing this game, but as beautiful it looks and sounds and as technically well done it is... it's just not that interesting unfortunately.  I don't find much incentive in stomping the AI, Online races are generally a nightmare, and the leaderboards/challenges aren't segmented enough to make it interesting.

Every time I pop it in, I do one event and then wander off to play something else.

It requires a pool of friends to enjoy imo.  I have avoided playing for the same reason.  I LOVE playing when I can race with friends though, but AI is boring.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 10, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 10, 2012, 11:32:38 PM

It requires a pool of friends to enjoy imo.  I have avoided playing for the same reason.  I LOVE playing when I can race with friends though, but AI is boring.

Yeah I agree.  Unfortunately the pool here is not very deep.  It's just not a game where you can get three people together and play... needs a bigger group than that.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 10, 2012, 11:57:39 PM »

A couple weeks into February I should become available to join the pool.  Maybe we could get a one night a week thing going?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2012, 02:24:42 AM »

Quote from: gellar on January 10, 2012, 11:50:49 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on January 10, 2012, 11:32:38 PM

Yeah I agree.  Unfortunately the pool here is not very deep.  It's just not a game where you can get three people together and play... needs a bigger group than that.

thankfully, unlike forza 3 (and just like forza 2) you can make a room with custom settings and open it to the public with full control over booting people.  We did this with great success in 2 and I even found a few people who enjoy racing that way.  In 3, there was no way to race online with non-friends and have damage or collision on, it was stupid.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2012, 03:21:39 AM »

I'll be up for it in a few weeks. Got too much on the go right now, but I expect the dead of winter to slow me right down.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:59 AM »

I need to revisit this game when I have time; I finally installed the surround sound system in my media room.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »

Well, this is embarrassing Roll Eyes

I wanted to pick up a Ford Thunderbird for my collection and decided to check out the auction house. There were a bunch at the minimum 1,000 credit price. As I usually do, I bid on all of them, figuring over the next several hours other folks would bid but I might still get one at the minimum price. I got five icon_biggrin. So I have four t-birds to give away. Two are painted and souped up, two are plain. The first four folks who post here and ask (and have Forza 4 of course) will get a free T-bird! Often not valid in Vanuatu, Easter Island or Atlantis. And I have to be friended to you, because otherwise I can't gift a car to you in the game.

UPDATE: Dammit, I forgot that I can't gift a car with a locked setup (aka "souped up") or or paint job. So I'm giving away four plain T-birds. Still, 60,000 credits worth of car for nothing but a post.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Turns out I can't gift cars that others have upgraded, but I can trade ones that I have upgraded. So if you want your T-bird upgraded and tuned, let me know. The default PI is D276 and I can upgrade to the top of the D, C, B or A classes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:56:53 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »

I`ll take one. I`m not picky about which one.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »

I had to modify my post due to limitations of the gifting function (no paint jobs), so I'll just repeat what I added above:

"UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Turns out I can't gift cars that others have upgraded, but I can trade ones that I have upgraded. So if you want your T-bird upgraded and tuned, let me know. The default PI is D276 and I can upgrade to the top of the D, C, B or A classes."

So Purge, you can have it plain or upgraded. Let me know.

UPDATE: And I can convert it to AWD if you want, and/or swap out the default engine for a V8DSC - Shelby GT500 '10.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:07:26 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2012, 04:12:19 PM »

I`ll take the shelby. B or C is fine. smile Much thanks, Mister Temple2.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 11, 2012, 04:12:19 PM

I`ll take the shelby. B or C is fine. smile Much thanks, Mister Temple2.

I sent you a Friend request so that I can gift you the car. It took some doing, but I got that Shelby engine into the T-bird and stayed within the B class. A bit twitchy on the corners but goes like stink on the straights. I test at Road America, btw, and the car is geared to top out at about 160 mph.

I'm going to play around with some other setups for the T-bird and post them on my Storefront so you can swap them out if you wish.

UPDATE: And I'll even throw in my trademark Area 51 Security Patrol design too. You can always drop it if you wish crybaby

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:00:31 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: January 11, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »

Popped onto my phone, accepted friend request.

I'll likely keep the colors for a while. Looks fantastic. (too bad I can't get flashing lights or a cherry on it slywink)

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 11, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 11, 2012, 07:38:42 PM

Popped onto my phone, accepted friend request.

I'll likely keep the colors for a while. Looks fantastic. (too bad I can't get flashing lights or a cherry on it slywink)

Car has been gifted to you.

In my storefront I now have tuning setups for the T-bird from D to S classes. There are three B500 setups, one with the Shelby engine with lots of power but less grip and two with the original engine and geared for different top end speeds.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 29, 2012, 03:13:01 AM »

For those who are Forza 4 VIP folks, the latest freebie has been released, a Halo themed Koenigsegg CCGT:

Which didn't look that pretty after I raced it:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:24:36 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: January 30, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »

JZ. I just wanted to say thanks. You keep my interest in this game, even if I don't get the time to actually log hours into it.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 07, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »

Today is the release of the February American Le Mans Car Pack. Also available to VIP members, for some reason, what I don't know, is this Pagani Huayra, aka the car who's name cannot be spoken:

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 01, 2012, 02:56:22 AM »

The March Pirelli Car Pack is announced! It includes (I kid you not) the 1966 Ford Country Squire Wagon and (I seriously kid you not) the 1969 Chevrolet Corvair Monza. Oh and there's an Aston Martin and a Ferrari and a few others, but really, who cares? You're getting a station wagon and a rolling death trap!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:56:59 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 01, 2012, 06:43:34 AM »

I will win races in a wagon...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 05, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »

because the Porsche license expired with EA Games at the end of 2011(or so it was rumoured),Forza 4 will be getting the Porsche expansion in May

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/forza_4/news/forza_4_gets_porsche_expansion_this_may.html

Forza 4 will see the addition of Porsche via an expansion pack this May, Turn 10 has announced. The expansion pack will add 30 Porsche cars to the game, including 7 previously unseen in the series.

Alongside the cars will be 20 new events for World Tour mode, which is reported to add 5 hours of gameplay to the racing sim. The pack will also include 10 new Achievements, worth 250 points.
1600 points

EDIT:
Just found this as well
Eurogamer

Forza 4's March Car Pack will introduce a title update that makes various multiplayer fixes, as well as lifting the level cap from 150 to 999.

The March Car Pack also introduces the Ferrari 512, a challenger in the 1971 CanAm season, as well as the Aston Martin V12 Zagato, a car that celebrates the 50th anniversary of Aston Martin's relationship with the Italian design agency.

The car pack, as with previous car packs, will cost 560 Microsoft points, but is free to owners of Forza Motorsport 4's Season Pass. It goes up on Xbox Live tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:18:49 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:59 PM »

Porsche *might* get me back playing this for a bit.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 05, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 05, 2012, 03:01:26 PM

because the Porsche license expired with EA Games at the end of 2011(or so it was rumoured),Forza 4 will be getting the Porsche expansion in May

Excellent news! I thought this would happen eventually, although I expected they would hold off till fall to bridge the gap between releases of Forza 4 and Forza 5, assuming a two year interval. Thirty cars in total is nice too, although I expect that about a third will be dedicated racers and therefore rather beyond my capabilities. And adding twenty new events to the World Tour is appreciated. I assume I will be able to access them through the Event List like is possible now.

Raising the cap from 150 to 999? Heck, I just broke 100 not too long ago. Time to get racing! Gonna put me a wing on that Country Squire...  nod

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 05, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »

Ah, I answered my own question. The Porsche pack is being released in May because Forza Horizon is coming out this fall. Frankly the article and the accompanying video pretty much tell me zip about it.

The best comment I saw posted in the new Horizon forum was:
I am hoping it will be like test drive unlimited but with forza's physics.

I can dig that  icon_biggrin

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:03 AM »

I'm hoping Horizon  has some iceracing and better dirt roads.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 06, 2012, 04:42:26 AM »

More info on the Porsche DLC from an Autoblog interview with Dan Greenawalt, the director of Turn 10. Horizon is briefly mentioned.

In completely unrelated news, I've added a couple of tuned hybrids to the GTF garage, the Toyota Prius and the Lexus CT200h:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: