http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:37:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 4  (Read 31020 times)
Zinfan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 27, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »

Check out GT planet where they have some long discussions about sim cockpits and such not

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163

I use a camping chair with my homemade stand and it works really well, easy to fold up and put away, very comfortable as well.

check out the sweet embroidery

I modified my stand a bit, I felt it was a bit wobbly so I added this toe plate that ties each side together along with the base of the stand.  I also found that the bolts holding the sides to the top and bottom weren't holding as well as I liked and so I put extra screws at the bottom and top that prevents the stand from slipping.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »

most impressive
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 27, 2011, 09:54:47 PM »

Awesome pictures Zinfan, I wish I had the expertise to build a stand like that!
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »

Thanks for the invite to the car club. You guys have amassed some pretty sweet rides. I'm wanting to jump back into the game, but with Arkham City, Battlefield 3 out now and Uncharted 3 coming up, time is scarce.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2011, 05:49:29 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on October 27, 2011, 09:54:47 PM

It really isn't that hard to make, I'm not skilled at woodworking and yet I still had all ten fingers after putting this together.

The base of the stand is a 18" square of 3/4" MDF that I had the hardware store cut for me since I didn't think I could cut the half sheet of MDF that I had to buy for the project in to a square.

Attached to the base are two 6" high pieces of 2x6

Attached to the 2X6's are 27" long  1X4" pieces

Attached to the 27" 1X4"'s are 6" long 1X4" pieces

Attached to the 6" 1X4's is the top plate which is a 24" long 1X6

the dowel I put half way up the 27" risers didn't seem to do anything for side to side stability so I deem it unnecessary but it looks ok and make a good place to hand my Xbox headset

some wood screws and the bolts to hold the risers to the top and bottom puts it all together.

I have a hand held router so I used a round over bit to soften the edges of the base and top plate, a straight cut bit and a poorly made template allowed me to fashion a curve for the risers and the pieces that connect the riser to the top plate.  All this is unnecessary except to make it look a bit better.

some flat black paint to hide my poor skills, a few stickers to hide some screws and there you go.

As I said I added the wood piece between the two 2X6 pieces attached to the base of MDF because it added quite a bit of stability to the whole unit and I'd recommend anyone doing this project to add it in there as well.  Just measure carefully the distance between the 2X6's and cut to fit, screw the new plate to the 2X6's and also from the bottom of the base plate.  Count remaining fingers and Job Done!
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2011, 06:49:38 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on October 28, 2011, 05:49:29 PM

Quote from: KePoW on October 27, 2011, 09:54:47 PM

It really isn't that hard to make, I'm not skilled at woodworking and yet I still had all ten fingers after putting this together.

The base of the stand is a 18" square of 3/4" MDF that I had the hardware store cut for me since I didn't think I could cut the half sheet of MDF that I had to buy for the project in to a square.

Attached to the base are two 6" high pieces of 2x6

Attached to the 2X6's are 27" long  1X4" pieces

Attached to the 27" 1X4"'s are 6" long 1X4" pieces

Attached to the 6" 1X4's is the top plate which is a 24" long 1X6

the dowel I put half way up the 27" risers didn't seem to do anything for side to side stability so I deem it unnecessary but it looks ok and make a good place to hand my Xbox headset

some wood screws and the bolts to hold the risers to the top and bottom puts it all together.

I have a hand held router so I used a round over bit to soften the edges of the base and top plate, a straight cut bit and a poorly made template allowed me to fashion a curve for the risers and the pieces that connect the riser to the top plate.  All this is unnecessary except to make it look a bit better.

some flat black paint to hide my poor skills, a few stickers to hide some screws and there you go.

As I said I added the wood piece between the two 2X6 pieces attached to the base of MDF because it added quite a bit of stability to the whole unit and I'd recommend anyone doing this project to add it in there as well.  Just measure carefully the distance between the 2X6's and cut to fit, screw the new plate to the 2X6's and also from the bottom of the base plate.  Count remaining fingers and Job Done!

Haha cool, thanks for the details!
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »

November Speed Pack announced, arrives Tuesday November 1st for 560 MS Points ($7 USD), or free if you have the Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
2012 Aston Martin Mirage
2011 #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2013 Ford Focus ST (Finally coming to the US mid 2012)
1992 GMC Typhoon
2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 30, 2011, 04:01:21 AM »

I posted several cars to the club garage, mostly those manufacturers who only have a single expensive supercar. I was busy in the auction house icon_biggrin. I also posted a Shelby Daytona Coupe, a five million credit car which I surprisingly was able to get for forty thousand in the same place  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 01, 2011, 01:22:21 PM »

I wish there was a way to see your rival's times online. My buddy just texted me gloating that he smashed two of my lap times and I'm curious as to what he posted but I have to wait until tonight until I can fire up the game.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 01, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 01, 2011, 01:22:21 PM

I wish there was a way to see your rival's times online. My buddy just texted me gloating that he smashed two of my lap times and I'm curious as to what he posted but I have to wait until tonight until I can fire up the game.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/community/leaderboard.aspx

there is...
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 01, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 01, 2011, 02:54:09 PM

Quote from: JayDee on November 01, 2011, 01:22:21 PM

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/community/leaderboard.aspx

there is...

eek drool
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 01, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »

Can whoever is in charge of the GT car club accept my request to join?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 01, 2011, 08:15:55 PM

I will do that now, thought I already did that once though.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 01, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »

Just invited you again, it told me you already had an invite.  Also Teggy never accepted. sadface
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 01, 2011, 09:14:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 01, 2011, 08:35:03 PM

Quote from: The Grue on November 01, 2011, 08:15:55 PM

I will do that now, thought I already did that once though.

Weird....it doesn't show me in any club.  Let me go look again.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 01, 2011, 08:38:24 PM

Just invited you again, it told me you already had an invite.  Also Teggy never accepted. sadface

Alright, I got it this time and accepted.  Sadly, there is an issue right now with the Season Pass and the November car pack where it is up on the XBox Market to buy, but not showing up in the in-game Marketplace to get for free.  Turn 10 says they are aware and working on it.  There is a workaround, but I'd rather not mess with it and get it the way it was mean to be gotten.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 01, 2011, 08:38:24 PM

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to log into the game anytime recently. When I finally get power back... frown

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:50 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 01, 2011, 09:21:05 PM

Sadly, there is an issue right now with the Season Pass and the November car pack where it is up on the XBox Market to buy, but not showing up in the in-game Marketplace to get for free.  Turn 10 says they are aware and working on it.  There is a workaround, but I'd rather not mess with it and get it the way it was mean to be gotten.

That explains why it wasn't there when I looked. Hopefully they will fix this before MW3 comes out and make the issue moot slywink

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2011, 11:42:59 PM »

Apparently the problem is fixed....

[UPDATED (at 4:38pm PDT)] As some of you have noticed, the November Speed Pack is now appearing in the Forza 4 in-game marketplace and should be available for download for those of you who have purchased the Forza 4 Season Pass (or for purchase, for those who have not).

If you do not see the pack in the in-game marketplace, please back out to the main Forza 4 sign-in screen and navigate to the marketplace again.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2011, 06:24:41 PM »

Time to get Johnny Law to provide some order...

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 05, 2011, 05:10:12 AM »

While the rest of you have been off shooting each other in BF3 or maybe even an early copy of MW3, I've been working on my goals in Forza 4. I gave these tasks to myself to give me a bit more structure to my playing. The goals overlap of course and I've also been doing other things in the game. But, my goals...

• Reach Driver Level 50 to unlock access to all the free cars - done
  • Complete the ten seasons of the World Tour - done
  • Reach Affinity Level 4 with all 80 Manufacturers so I get free parts - done

My next goal is to get a check mark in each box of the Event List, which might take some time. In other statistics, I own 128 cars, I'm at Driver Level 81, and I have completed 18.4% of the Career progress. I have driven 2,818.18 miles and I have yet to achieve a perfect Drift Score Roll Eyes.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 05, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

So when people share cars in the club, what can you do with those besides test drive them?  I keep thinking I would be able to buy them, but doesn't seem so.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 05, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 05, 2011, 04:50:44 PM

So when people share cars in the club, what can you do with those besides test drive them?  I keep thinking I would be able to buy them, but doesn't seem so.

I just use all of JzTemple's cars in rivals mode and single event races

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »

The December Car Pack is now available. And as a VIP I got a Shelby Cobra 427 for free, so I tuned it and put it in the club garage. Enjoy!

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »

I got the season pass, this is a good excuse To get a few races in and beat some rival scores  ninja

Semper Fidelis

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2011, 05:40:23 AM »

The ForzaTune 4 iOS app for Forza 4 has been released. The direct link to the iTune page is here. It may not show up in the iTune Search function for a few more hours. The link to the main ForzaTune site is here. The following is from the developer....
2 important notes:  ForzaTune 4 may not show in the App Store search function until Monday morning but click the link above to go directly to the app download page or iTunes.  Also, the first time you launch the app you may see absurdly large spring rates on the tune screen.  Simply close the app and reopen and it'll be good to go--this only happens the very first time you download/install--a small oversight on my part which will be fixed in the next update.

I tuned a 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe with it and it seems to work well. I'll be using this app from now on to tune with. Any cars tuned with the app will have a "Tuned with FT4" decal on the sides towards the rear of the car. If it has just the "Tuned" decal it was tuned with the ForzaTune 3 version which looks pretty similar to FT4, although there are some differences.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »

For those folks still playing Forza 4  Roll Eyes, if you got the Limited Collector's Edition, there are two free cars waiting for you. Turn 10 gifted us with an Aston-Martin DB5 (below) and Mugen Integra Type-R (also below).

I've been adding new cars to the Club, but I can't add these as they are locked due to the special paint jobs.

" title="Hosted by imgur.com

" title="Hosted by imgur.com
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:35:26 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 28, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »

The January Jalopnik car pack is announced.

- 1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal
- 2011 Audi RS5
- 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
- 1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
- 2000 Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo
- 1973 Ford Pinto
- 2011 Honda #33 Level 5 Motorsports Lola
- 2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- 2011 Lamborghini #08 West Yokohama Gallardo LP560-4
- 2012 Pagani Huayra
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 01:15:17 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2011, 03:24:42 AM »

Bad Day for the AI. A big crash at Indy, just because I happened to smack the wall ahead of the second place AI driver. Seems they can't get out of each others way.

http://youtu.be/_HnQ-DgYI-Y

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 22, 2011, 10:27:31 PM

For those folks still playing Forza 4  Roll Eyes ...

Just got it for Christmas, so I hope to get some racing in despite being late to the party.  Haven't even looked at car clubs and such, but if GT has one up and running I'm interested in joining.   icon_biggrin

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 29, 2011, 03:50:09 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on December 22, 2011, 10:27:31 PM

For those folks still playing Forza 4  Roll Eyes ...

Just got it for Christmas, so I hope to get some racing in despite being late to the party.  Haven't even looked at car clubs and such, but if GT has one up and running I'm interested in joining.   icon_biggrin

The one here is called GTF. I'll look up who you have to contact, but I think you can request membership right through Forza 4.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 29, 2011, 08:37:51 PM »

Club GTF leader is Harkonis, co-leaders are USMC Kato and KeySJU. I believe you can PM any of them and they can add you to the club. I have lots of cars for you to borrow!

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »

I should be getting my Xbox back today so I'll be sure to launch Forza, also to download all the season pass content

Semper Fidelis

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »

I'm having some confusion with the way the World Tour and Event List are organized.  Yesterday I played with a buddy and we took turns racing in each event, and he placed 2nd in a few and clicked "continue" instead of "restart" which moved us on in the World Tour career.  My OCD is driving me mad as I can't seem to figure out a way to find those races my friend placed 2nd in so that I can re-do them to place in 1st.  Is this even a possibility, or does World Tour just jump you around from event to event without any ability to go back?  

I tried looking through the event list and couldn't find any races with silver medals, and I have way fewer check marks on completed events than those I actually completed in World Tour.  This whole career mode is a bit confusing to me.  Also, if I back out and modify a few cars, when I come back to the tour I have different events listed than I did before modifying my car.   icon_confused

Can anyone better explain how the World Tour is organized, because it is a little confusing to me right now.  For example, if I'm in one of my F cars it'll list races for E-class, C-class, and A-class races.  But then if I get in one of my B cars it'll list a different set of races, including a B-class race that wasn't there before.  The completionist in me wants to finish everything, but World Tour doesn't seem to allow for that.    
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:00:43 PM by PeteRock » Logged

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »

World Tour isn't the mode you are looking for then.  There's another mode (forget what it's called) that lets you just pick events and make sure you've completed them all.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »

Quote from: gellar on December 30, 2011, 08:19:29 PM

World Tour isn't the mode you are looking for then.  There's another mode (forget what it's called) that lets you just pick events and make sure you've completed them all.

What is the World Tour for then?  Is it primarily designed to mix things up for you by offering different events based upon the cars you either have equipped or in your garage?  It just seems to jump around without much definitive direction.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 30, 2011, 08:36:07 PM

What is the World Tour for then?  Is it primarily designed to mix things up for you by offering different events based upon the cars you either have equipped or in your garage?  It just seems to jump around without much definitive direction.

It's for people like me who just want to randomly find races to do.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 30, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »

Quote from: gellar on December 30, 2011, 08:37:03 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on December 30, 2011, 08:36:07 PM

It's for people like me who just want to randomly find races to do.

I see.  Then it works well for when I have minimal focus and merely want to play without any specific goal in mind.  But if OCD takes over I can always play in the events mode. 

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 30, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »

World Tour draws it's events from the Event Matrix (aka Event List). You get three choices and usually one of them matches the car you currently are in. If you don't like any of the choices you can go back to the "Cars" menu and get another car. When you return to the World Tour it should have at least one choice that allows you to use the new car you just selected. The key word in the above is usually; sometimes you will have to upgrade your car or even select another. And finishing first, second or third will cause the appropriate award to be recorded in the Event List race box.

The purpose of the World Tour, IMHO, is to provide different challenges in a random fashion so you get a taste of the different makes, models and classes. You do get an Achievement for completing each of the ten years of the World Tour, but that's it, no freebie cars or money. Of course, in the Event List, completing all the races in first place in an Event box doesn't get you anything either, unlike Forza 3 where you got a bonus.

I completed the ten years of the World Tour and still had lots of Event races I've never raced. Now what I do is split my time. Sometimes I select a box on the Event List and go get a car to compete in it, and other times I pick out a car I like and then see which events are available for it.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »

World Tour also gives you a World Tour cash bonus for each race.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: