http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:41:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 4  (Read 31147 times)
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »

Between this and the godamn Batman I have way too much gaming to get through. I'll try to post some rivals times soon although I can't guarantee they won't suck.
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »

Finally picked this up yesterday, but I'm out of town until next week frown

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »

majornelson Larry Hryb
Get a free 'I am the Stig' Top Gear t-shirt for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. Hit the Forza 4 app on the Top Gear FB page mjr.mn/oTmZD9
3 hours ago

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »

thanks, got it
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2011, 05:24:02 PM »

Finally played a very little bit last night and LOVE the wireless wheel thing. Made a huge difference to me.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 20, 2011, 05:17:18 PM

thanks, got it

you'll have to tell me what days your avatar will be wearing the T-Shirt..we can't both be the Stig...can we? Tongue

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2011, 05:32:05 PM »

It's a Spartacus thing. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 20, 2011, 05:24:51 PM

thanks, got it

you'll have to tell me what days your avatar will be wearing the T-Shirt..we can't both be the Stig...can we? Tongue
I'll just let the lap times decide  ninja
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 20, 2011, 05:47:20 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 20, 2011, 05:24:51 PM

thanks, got it

I'll just let the lap times decide  ninja

I aint got the game icon_biggrin...you can wear it,i will prolly be wearing my Joker Outfit

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »

Anyone notice that the Peninsula Raceway, which the announcer always mentions is in sunny St Petersburg (FL), is actually shown on their world map about where slightly less sunny Jacksonville is?

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 21, 2011, 07:11:20 PM

Anyone notice that the Peninsula Raceway, which the announcer always mentions is in sunny St Petersburg (FL), is actually shown on their world map about where slightly less sunny Jacksonville is?

I'm pretty sure no one cares about Florida.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2011, 09:30:58 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on October 21, 2011, 08:31:44 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 21, 2011, 07:11:20 PM

I'm pretty sure no one cares about Florida.

You are forever banned from Disney World. So there  slywink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 22, 2011, 02:50:11 AM »

Finally got my first movie to upload via FM4, then download, then upload to YouTube. Probably not worth the effort  icon_confused:

Update: It's a theme! My jeep on it's back at the Nürburgring GP course.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:22:09 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 22, 2011, 06:04:50 AM »

One final update before I go to sleep. I just finished the tenth and last season of the World Tour. The last year is known as the League of Legends. Very appropriate seeing as I am a legend in my own mind icon_biggrin. It totaled twenty-seven events, several with two heats. The last event consisted of two heats of one lap each of the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Oddly, although really in line with how most of the rest of the events of the World Tour were structured, the race was based on the car I had already selected. I was (and am) trying to get Affinity level 4 with all the manufacturers and since I was working on Buick at the time, the final event was open to class E, which I ran in my E425 Buick Regal GNX. The paint job is not mine, I got the car through an auction.

So now I am a Legend. Funny, nothing feels different. Oh well, Sic transit gloria mundi, as we stay around here in these parts. And as Samuel Pepys would say, "And So To Bed".

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2011, 08:46:08 AM »

Cross Post from QT3

Found this post on the Forza Forums from this guy doing Formula 1 replica paint jobs including older stuff, they look pretty amazing really. Shame there isn't any out and out Formula One cars in it.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/2/4885110/ShowThread.aspx

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 22, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 22, 2011, 08:46:08 AM

Shame there isn't any out and out Formula One cars in it.

I'm sure Bernie has Codemasters paying him lots of pretty pennies for the rights for F1 2011. I'd be happy with some old Can-Am racers from the 60's and 70's.

BTW, I've got a Gumpert and a Devon to share with the club sometime today. I got them at auction, but I have to strip the old tuning set ups and paint jobs before I can share, which seems a bit silly.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: October 22, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 22, 2011, 03:27:38 PM

Shame there isn't any out and out Formula One cars in it.

I'm sure Bernie has Codemasters paying him lots of pretty pennies for the rights for F1 2011. I'd be happy with some old Can-Am racers from the 60's and 70's.

BTW, I've got a Gumpert and a Devon to share with the club sometime today. I got them at auction, but I have to strip the old tuning set ups and paint jobs before I can share, which seems a bit silly.

Yep or even some indy cars or forumla 3 etc. Maybe DLC will add some decent stuff

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »

Sorry if I sound like a whiny overlord, but there really isn't much point in putting a car in the club garage if it isn't tuned or have a custom livery.  If we just want to race a car otherwise, we can generally just pick it stock from the manufacturer garage.  Cars that you get as rewards especially, since everyone will have them.

We've got a ton of cars in the garage that are in everyone's personal garage also and it's just clutter.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2011, 04:46:13 PM »

Hey JZtemple, I do appreciate your cars in the club
Garage. I use them almost exclusively since I haven't had the time to tune or unlock cars myself

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »

Well I added a load that aren't reward cars but that have to bought, I also tuned them up to the max level for whatever category I use them for, I also added new wheel and spoilers etc which I personally like.

Really the 40 reward cars are what everyone has it's the ones we have to buy that need to be added as the amount of money to buy them all is a stretch for most people.

However there really needs to be an improvement in the UI of the club garage, like ways to show doubles (i ended up writing down the list and checking against mine to see if they were already in there, still may have made mistakes as it's not easy to just look at) more ways to sort and display rather than complain there are too many.

In an idea world all 500 should be in there so members have a choice of all cars in the game (however making them the best for their level or a level maybe a requirement otherwisse you don't use them as you normally lose)

It is also annoying that locked graphics mean you can't share either. I like the designs but mine stink and doing decent ones takes up time I don't have, maybe in the future though.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:19:38 PM by Reemul » Logged

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 22, 2011, 04:33:13 PM

We've got a ton of cars in the garage that are in everyone's personal garage also and it's just clutter.

Add to that I have never looked in anyone's garage and have no idea who has what. Even the 40 reward cars is more like 200 of them in total of which I can only have 40 of them. As long as we don't have 2000 cars in there with lots of doubles etc 1 of each really shoudln't be an issue but if it is just say and we can remove them or you can kick them out.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:24:12 PM by Reemul » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »

you can sort the club cars by any of the stats like year, make, model, etc.

It'd just be nice if the cars that were in there were all at the top PI for their class I guess, otherwise they aren't going to get used very often.  Money is so easy to come by that generally only the really expensive or obscure cars are needed unless you've got some tuning or design to offer. 
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 22, 2011, 05:24:49 PM

you can sort the club cars by any of the stats like year, make, model, etc.

It'd just be nice if the cars that were in there were all at the top PI for their class I guess, otherwise they aren't going to get used very often.  Money is so easy to come by that generally only the really expensive or obscure cars are needed unless you've got some tuning or design to offer.  

On the money side I can't agree, level 40 £800,000 in the bank, I am not earning enough so I can buy million pound + cars on a whim.

You also have the issue of people who buy a car that is D425 and make it A600. Is that good, bad or indifferent.

Me I generally like to keep them within a class or 2 of their original spec. When playing the WT mode I like to use the slower cars as I find no connect with car #66 R2 or whatever, using a car from teh 80's or 70's in their category but at max level within it is what does it for me. E, D, C, B, A are the classes I enjoy most and hate having to use the R1-R3 just because they are the fastest and most difficult to handle, give me close class racing any day of the week.

Also all the recently added cars are black, game issue or something I need to do to fix, any idea?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:38:58 PM by Reemul » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »

You make more money with the assists off fwiw.  I have millions in the bank just from multiplayer games and rival challenges.

Nothing wrong with taking a D class and making it A, as long as it's at 600 then it's theoritically able to compete or at least try.  Having a car in the garage at 414 PI though, not so useful since nobody can tune it or do anything with it.  Buying a car, slapping a bunch of parts on it and throwing it in there is better, but still not entirely useful since those parts can make a car worse to drive without the proper tuning.

I also prefer the slower cars, I dont' drive a whole lot of cars higher than B.  A couple A's, and then the NASCAR runs we do on occasion.  I drive a ton of F-C.

I guess in short the basic problem is that if the car is easy enough to come by, it's probably not worth a spot in the garage. 

Things that I personally think make a car worth having in the garage are:

Upgrades to top of a PI class (preferably with custom tunings)
Custom designs (preferably with upgrades to top of PI class and custom tunings)
Expensive cars (preferably with upgrades to top of PI class and custom tunings)

without the upgrades and tuneups, there's really no reason to use the car from the club garage instead of the car from the manufacturer garage which is what I was getting at.  Even some of the really expensive cars are available for free test drives at stock tunings.  There's no need to have them in the club garage as well.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »

Cross Post from QT3

Found this post on the Forza Forums from this guy doing Formula 1 replica paint jobs including older stuff, they look pretty amazing really. Shame there isn't any out and out Formula One cars in it.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/2/4885110/ShowThread.aspx

Those are awesome.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 22, 2011, 05:44:40 PM

You make more money with the assists off fwiw.  I have millions in the bank just from multiplayer games and rival challenges.

Nothing wrong with taking a D class and making it A, as long as it's at 600 then it's theoritically able to compete or at least try.  Having a car in the garage at 414 PI though, not so useful since nobody can tune it or do anything with it.  Buying a car, slapping a bunch of parts on it and throwing it in there is better, but still not entirely useful since those parts can make a car worse to drive without the proper tuning.

I also prefer the slower cars, I dont' drive a whole lot of cars higher than B.  A couple A's, and then the NASCAR runs we do on occasion.  I drive a ton of F-C.

I guess in short the basic problem is that if the car is easy enough to come by, it's probably not worth a spot in the garage. 

Things that I personally think make a car worth having in the garage are:

Upgrades to top of a PI class (preferably with custom tunings)
Custom designs (preferably with upgrades to top of PI class and custom tunings)
Expensive cars (preferably with upgrades to top of PI class and custom tunings)

without the upgrades and tuneups, there's really no reason to use the car from the club garage instead of the car from the manufacturer garage which is what I was getting at.  Even some of the really expensive cars are available for free test drives at stock tunings.  There's no need to have them in the club garage as well.

I think you are over simplfying things from your play perspective rather than the club as a whole.

I agree with the PI (no offence there are 2 shared cars from you in there that aren't at max PI Audi R8 and Abarth, just as an example). The tuning thing is harder as people have specfic preferences to how cars handle and if they want speed, handling, acceleration or all . Like I said while you have millions I don't and many that are playing also won't and don't. How many club members are over level 30 and have access to the top cars.

Also once split down to Classes there isn't that many at all and having a choice as long as top PI should be more fun, some cars I will never buy but I will be tempted to borrow and that IMO is what the shared garage is for, however if it isn't maybe we need clear and agreed guidelines as otherwise how do we know whether to share it or not.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2011, 09:07:35 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on October 22, 2011, 04:46:13 PM

Hey JZtemple, I do appreciate your cars in the club
Garage. I use them almost exclusively since I haven't had the time to tune or unlock cars myself

No problem. This evening I'm going through them and upgrade all to the top of their class so they will be of more use. I really sucked at tuning in the past but I'm going to give it a try again. Hark has a good point, no use having two of the exact same car, or a vanilla version just as it comes in the game. Also if someone wants a car brought up to a certain class, let me know.

Also let me know if there is any certain car people are looking for, if I don't have it now I'll probably be getting it sometime in the future so I might as well get it now.

I wish the auto upgrade function came with settings or a slider so I could prefer better handling versus speed or vice versa. However, since parts are free once I reach Affinity level 4 I might as well experiment.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2011, 10:00:47 PM »

I'll remove the two cars I put in there.  I just constantly see 'new car', 'new car' then go look and they are all stock and it is a bit irritating on my pet peeves, that's all.  The club interface can be a bit clunky in multiplayer games to begin with, but when we have tons of trash to go through it's much harder.

I'm not sure how my playstyle would be changing what cars should be in the garage differently than yours.  Do you not like having cars of highest PI for a class?  That's really the most important part.  After that at least a basic tune would be useful.  It's all I'm asking.  You can get a basic tune from a number of tuning calculators.  I know jztemple has been using the same one as Kato and I to get a good baseline. 

It's quick and easy.  Pick a car, put parts on it, type data into calculator, it gives you numbers for the tune.

FWIW Temple the auto upgrade seems to favor tires, then power/handling.  It does a bit of everything, but the biggest jump on most cars is grip. 
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 23, 2011, 03:03:13 AM »

I've gone through my shared cars and from F to S upgraded them to the top of the class. I tried this with R3, R2 and R1 but some cars just didn't have the parts available.

I also bought and upgraded a De Tomaso Pantera to C425 and ran to Affinity 4. I then added adjustable springs, diffy, tranny, and roll bars. That ate into my PI budget and I had to back out of a few upgrades to accommodate them.  Then I tuned it, checking the benchmark numbers. I lost a little speed and gained just a tiny bit of braking and G-loading.  I raced at Tsukuba, no assists, for two nine lap heats. I had done this before the tuning and now afterwards I found the handling noticeably better. In fact I thought I had screwed up and set steering from Simulated to Normal, it was that much better. I raced against a Hard AI, all cars within three PIs of each other, and squeaked out a win.

The car is now posted to the club garage. Note that I have altered my class decal to just say "C class" rather than the actual number, this will keep me from having to change it for small tweaks. Also I added a "Tuned" decal so you can know at a glance that this car has been tuned. I used the ForzaTune app from the Apple Store. It's still only for FM3 right now but it's the best I have.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2011, 05:21:49 AM »

I have updated the Dodge Super Bee I'm sharing in the garage. I've upgraded and tuned it for A600. I've played with the gearing and maybe it's better, but maybe I've messed it up Roll Eyes. Ignore the 5000 rpm redline on the gauge, it seems the better shift point is just about 6000. It is optimized for a non-ABS difficulty and I have little problem whipping it around Laguna Seca and keeping it under control with no assists, and that includes steering set to Simulation icon_eek. I also benchmarked it and confirmed at Le Man on the old Mulsanne that it does indeed top out at about 162 in sixth gear. At Laguna it just did top out in sixth on the front straight for me, so I can say that the gearing is optimized for that kind of track. If people think it needs a change to the final drive for a bit more speed let me know.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 25, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

I've updated the Jaguar XFR in the club garage. I've tuned it for A600 and it now shows that. I've also added a "Tuned with ABS" decal because I set the "use ABS" option in the tuning app I'm using. Basically it seems to just set the braking force to 110% rather than the 90% I've been getting when I tune a car and specify no ABS. When I am using a car is up in this range of PI, the A's and higher, I have to break down and turn on TCS and ABS, otherwise it's just too tough to drive, at least for me.

Nevermind. It's not enough of a difference to make it worth tuning to different specs, since some folks like ABS and some don't. So I'll leave the brake force at 100% and just note the car as "Tuned".
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:40:53 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 25, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »

Okay, it's time for me to focus on beating all my rivals.   nod

Semper Fidelis

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 26, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on October 25, 2011, 10:20:00 PM

You will never beat my drifting scores!
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on October 26, 2011, 12:10:30 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on October 25, 2011, 10:20:00 PM

You will never beat my drifting scores!

You are sooo going down.....

Semper Fidelis

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 27, 2011, 04:10:37 PM »

I applied to the GT racing club last night, so please let me in, if you haven't already.  Much appreciated. smile

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 27, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 22, 2011, 10:00:47 PM

I'll remove the two cars I put in there.  I just constantly see 'new car', 'new car' then go look and they are all stock and it is a bit irritating on my pet peeves, that's all.  The club interface can be a bit clunky in multiplayer games to begin with, but when we have tons of trash to go through it's much harder.

I'm not sure how my playstyle would be changing what cars should be in the garage differently than yours.  Do you not like having cars of highest PI for a class?  That's really the most important part.  After that at least a basic tune would be useful.  It's all I'm asking.  You can get a basic tune from a number of tuning calculators.  I know jztemple has been using the same one as Kato and I to get a good baseline. 

It's quick and easy.  Pick a car, put parts on it, type data into calculator, it gives you numbers for the tune.

FWIW Temple the auto upgrade seems to favor tires, then power/handling.  It does a bit of everything, but the biggest jump on most cars is grip. 

As it should be smile
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »

Question for you guys.  Any of you have a racing chair that you use and recommend?  I went to play with the Kinect head tracking last night and my couch is too far back for it to detect my head (which is saying something because my head is huuuuuuuge).  So, I sat on an ottoman closer to the Kinect and it did better, though, it still had an issue every once in a while.  Anyway, it got me thinking about how much it sucks to play with a wheel in my lap and the pedals under me.  I have the Microsoft racing wheel (that I think might now be discontinued) and was thinking maybe getting one of those racing chairs might be nice.  Any advice?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 27, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »

If I was going to get a dedicated racing game chair I'd head to a junkyard and get an actual sporty car seat to modify.  The cost probably wouldn't be too different, either. smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »

I'd spend the money on a better wheel (fanatec probably) and get a cheap computer seat first.  Then if I could still afford the chair, I'd do what pug suggests.  The actual racing chairs that are worth having are all quite expensive ($1k or so)
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 27, 2011, 05:40:20 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 27, 2011, 05:21:51 PM

I'd spend the money on a better wheel (fanatec probably) and get a cheap computer seat first.  Then if I could still afford the chair, I'd do what pug suggests.  The actual racing chairs that are worth having are all quite expensive ($1k or so)

The wheel would be nice, but the big problem is having it be stable and not just sitting on my lap.  I went to the Fanatec site and it looks like they sell a stand where you can mount the pedals and wheel.  The wheel and pedals combined are certainly pricey, but I am sure they are very good.  Anyone know someone in the U.S. that sells this stuff or is Germany pretty much the way to get it?

Edit - Nevermind.  I remembered that I thought I saw someone posting pictures of a wheel earlier in the thread, so went and looked and it looks like Zinfan ordered it direct from Fanatec.  I think if I was going to spend the money on the pedals, wheel, and shifter, I might as well splurge and get the stand they sell as well, since it folds up and all that.  Gonna have to think on this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:43:08 PM by The Grue » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: