http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 07:01:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 4  (Read 30928 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2011, 04:06:56 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 14, 2011, 04:02:45 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on October 13, 2011, 10:24:51 PM

Pete, you need this game.  The demo is crap.  Just think back and remember what it was like to have a full lobby racing around and having a blast.   This time we can have even more people.  Might have to move to game chat to handle them!  16 cars

I really wish I had the means to pick up all of the games I "need."  Unfortunately it isn't even a possibility.  Especially with the costs associated with sending transcripts to every pharmacy school I am applying to, application fees, additional PCAT score fees, etc.  Just applying is expensive.  Traveling for interviews will be an additional cost.  I haven't even begun thinking about how I'm going to pay for tuition if I get accepted.

Four words: low budget adult film.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2011, 04:09:01 AM »

Quote from: Purge on October 14, 2011, 04:06:56 AM

Low budget?  With these chiseled features? 

Fabulous

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2011, 04:13:25 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 14, 2011, 04:09:01 AM

Quote from: Purge on October 14, 2011, 04:06:56 AM

Low budget?  With these chiseled features? 

Fabulous

Do you have tits? If not, Low.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2011, 04:16:25 AM »

tits or gtfo
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2011, 04:17:25 AM »

Hark, I think that needs to be on the side of your car.

Tits or GTF ... O!

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2011, 04:18:45 AM »

You guys aren't helping me avoid buying this game.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2011, 04:19:26 AM »

Good, we weren't trying.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »

Just picked up my LCE and speed wheel, feedback on the wheel to follow.

BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 14, 2011, 09:33:35 AM

One thing about the speed wheel to help everyone out.  If you aren't experiancing any vibraion feedback turn the controller off and then back on in game.  I'm hoping this is a bug with the game and will be eventually patched.  Other than this and the lack of RB & LB the wheel seems to be very responsive and accurate.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2011, 02:28:46 PM »

Quote from: BuckeyeShane on October 14, 2011, 12:36:39 PM

One thing about the speed wheel to help everyone out.  If you aren't experiancing any vibraion feedback turn the controller off and then back on in game.  I'm hoping this is a bug with the game and will be eventually patched.  Other than this and the lack of RB & LB the wheel seems to be very responsive and accurate.

I think he meant "feedback" in the sense of coming back after trying it out and giving his opinions.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »

One thing about the speed wheel to help everyone out.  If you aren't experiancing any vibraion feedback turn the controller off and then back on in game.  I'm hoping this is a bug with the game and will be eventually patched.  Other than this and the lack of RB & LB the wheel seems to be very responsive and accurate.

Ok I just bought this. The rumble effects on the Microsoft wireless speed wheel  seems to be non existant when playing Forza 4. When I use the wheel, I set all the assists off including the transmission(manual). So, when I start the round, there is no rumble effects. Only when I hit a wall does the controller vibrate. I found out that restarting the wheel (holding guide button and turning off controller and turning it back on) gives the vibration function back, but all the button mappings get reset. After I restart it, I no longer have the ability to shift gears. The D pad only shows telemetry.

Can someone that owns a Microsoft Wireless speed wheel confirm whether this happens to you?

edit: I found this answer in the forzamotorsport.net forums http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4847526.aspx

Re: Microsoft wireless speed wheel bug?

I too have had this issue on multiple occasions.  What seems to actually be the problem is that the game is starting to recognize the Wireless Speed Wheel as the actual full Microsoft Race wheel (you can tell when this happens by going to the controls menu to see a diagram of the original Race Wheel).  Which is why the d-pad starts to show the Telemetry instead of allowing you to shift, because that is the mapping on the full Race wheel (and the shifting is mapped to the bumpers, which the Speed Wheel does not have).

Really really hope that this issue gets fixed as I am thoroughly enjoying the Speed Wheel, but playing in Automatic transmission so I avoid this issue is not as fun.

edit #2: If any of you GT'ers bought this wheel, please post in the xbox support forums and Forzamotorsport.net forums about this issue.  Because when this god damn U-Wheel works, its actually pretty damn good. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:02:10 PM by USMC Kato » Logged

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »

Cuttin corners never won nobody nothing!   icon_twisted
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on October 14, 2011, 03:41:30 PM

Ok I just bought this. The rumble effects on the Microsoft wireless speed wheel  seems to be non existant when playing Forza 4. When I use the wheel, I set all the assists off including the transmission(manual). So, when I start the round, there is no rumble effects. Only when I hit a wall does the controller vibrate. I found out that restarting the wheel (holding guide button and turning off controller and turning it back on) gives the vibration function back, but all the button mappings get reset. After I restart it, I no longer have the ability to shift gears. The D pad only shows telemetry.

Can someone that owns a Microsoft Wireless speed wheel confirm whether this happens to you?

edit: I found this answer in the forzamotorsport.net forums

I too have had this issue on multiple occasions.  What seems to actually be the problem is that the game is starting to recognize the Wireless Speed Wheel as the actual full Microsoft Race wheel (you can tell when this happens by going to the controls menu to see a diagram of the original Race Wheel).  Which is why the d-pad starts to show the Telemetry instead of allowing you to shift, because that is the mapping on the full Race wheel (and the shifting is mapped to the bumpers, which the Speed Wheel does not have).

Really really hope that this issue gets fixed as I am thoroughly enjoying the Speed Wheel, but playing in Automatic transmission so I avoid this issue is not as fun.

edit #2: If any of you GT'ers bought this wheel, please post in the xbox support forums and Forzamotorsport.net forums about this issue.  Because when this god damn U-Wheel works, its actually pretty damn good.  

Perhaps you should provide links. GT'ers are lazy. biggrin

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on October 14, 2011, 03:41:30 PM

One thing about the speed wheel to help everyone out.  If you aren't experiancing any vibraion feedback turn the controller off and then back on in game.  I'm hoping this is a bug with the game and will be eventually patched.  Other than this and the lack of RB & LB the wheel seems to be very responsive and accurate.

Ok I just bought this. The rumble effects on the Microsoft wireless speed wheel  seems to be non existant when playing Forza 4. When I use the wheel, I set all the assists off including the transmission(manual). So, when I start the round, there is no rumble effects. Only when I hit a wall does the controller vibrate. I found out that restarting the wheel (holding guide button and turning off controller and turning it back on) gives the vibration function back, but all the button mappings get reset. After I restart it, I no longer have the ability to shift gears. The D pad only shows telemetry.

edit: I found this answer in the forzamotorsport.net forums

I too have had this issue on multiple occasions.  What seems to actually be the problem is that the game is starting to recognize the Wireless Speed Wheel as the actual full Microsoft Race wheel (you can tell when this happens by going to the controls menu to see a diagram of the original Race Wheel).  Which is why the d-pad starts to show the Telemetry instead of allowing you to shift, because that is the mapping on the full Race wheel (and the shifting is mapped to the bumpers, which the Speed Wheel does not have).

edit #2: If any of you GT'ers bought this wheel, please post in the xbox support forums and Forzamotorsport.net forums about this issue.  Because when this god damn U-Wheel works, its actually pretty damn good. 

Wait, so the speed wheel is worth the extra $30 that I can get it for in a bundle?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »

I played with it at Best Buy, and it didn't respond so well.  I figured it was just the store setup, as I'd heard it was actually a decwnt controller.  I decided not to get it, though, mainly because I'm waiting for the next iteration, wheere the correct the ridiculous decision to not have bumpers.  It occurred to me while I was standing with the wheel in my hand, that my most played game right now is Driver: SF, and the bumpers get used a lot.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2011, 05:09:23 PM »

I have one and it's superb. Much much better than I thought and so much better than what the Wii offers.

It's very accurate and slight movement seems spot on. Long fast turns are great and it seems to hold them really well. Recovery from spins is simple and the accelerate and brake are pretty good, seems lots of travel in both triggers. Also there seems to be no issue holding the car in a straight line either, no drift at all. I really recommend it for the racing side of it. This will be perfect for my young son who's hands are too small for the controller.

The only problem is the no LB+RB even in Forza which this is suppossed to be specifically for means it doesn't work in most things outside the actual racing. no autovista, no photography, no browsing message categories etc as they all use RB and LB to navigate or have some sort of use in, also anything that needs the right stick can't be replicated.

Really the simple solution is allow for you to connect controller 2 and use those functions on the second controller and the wheel for the racing, surely can't be hard to do.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »

When I use a redeem card to get a new car it doesn't show up in my garage?  I'm confused how this works.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »

Quote from: skystride on October 14, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

When I use a redeem card to get a new car it doesn't show up in my garage?  I'm confused how this works.

what is a redeem card?
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 14, 2011, 05:50:20 PM

Quote from: skystride on October 14, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

When I use a redeem card to get a new car it doesn't show up in my garage?  I'm confused how this works.

what is a redeem card?

A card with a redeem code that I got from the store when I bought the game.  Says free BMW 1 series coupe on it.  Xbox accepted the code but I don't see the car in my garage.  Also in the marketplace, the car appears as "purchased".
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »

I believe it means that yes you have successfully purchased the car, but you have to buy it ingame with your credits earned.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »

All the DLC stuff doesn't appear in your garage, it appears under that manafacturer so you can buy it when you have enough money. You don't get them as freebies in your garage just the option to buy them and not on the marketplace either but from within the game

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »

Those aren't valid in Canada!

j/k  I believe all of the preorder bonuses and such are just like the DLC track packs in that they unlock the car to be purchased, but don't actually give it to you in the game.  When you say it says purchased, you mean on the xbox site or in the game's buy cars menu?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »

It appears in the buy menu. They warn you that even though the car is now available that you have to use in-game credits to actually purchase the vehicle.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »

i'm in, thanks for the invite.

Just been doing some rivals stuff, very easy to level up and earn money.

Gotta add I do love the Le Mans track, been there 4 or 5 times in the past including the Jaguar wins in 1988 and 1990 but nothing beats the 91 win for the Mazda 787B, that car was just sounded so good

Anyways that track drives so fast just like it looks when you are there.

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on October 14, 2011, 12:19:41 AM

Quote from: skystride on October 13, 2011, 06:18:51 PM

Jinfan or anyone else that might have experience with them, how is Fanatec in terms of shipping.  Would it be really expensive shipping to Canada/US and does it take a long time?

I live in California and they charged me $22 for shipping on the pedals and shifters, I need to go see what the wheel charge was, I don't have that receipt handy.  I'm lucky in that once they ship I get it quickly but they don't have a great order tracking system.  Right now if I go to my account I can see that my wheel order status is "delivered" but that doesn't mean they have shipped it yet, I really don't know what it means actually.  UPS sends out an email once they actually get the package and you can track your order like all UPS orders.  There is a good chance you could get the stuff before Fanatec ever updated you that they have shipped it.

Well skystride looks like I lied as this just showed up

no tracking email ever sent, I came home and found it on the doorstep

Here is the wheel next to the MS wheel

Larger diameter and thicker rim for more comfort

Hark was asking about the mounting of the shifters and here you can see the shifter with the "chopsticks" that come with it

You insert the rods through the two holes in the wheel

Like so

and then the shifter slides onto the rods

Have yet to try it out in game but it seems sturdy enough

and here is the final set up with the pedals hard mounted to the base

I will try to hard mount the wheel as well but it is a bit trickier due to interference between the shifter and the board the wheel mounts to.  I hope the clamp that comes with the wheel can do the job until I have time to get the hard mounting done.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »

So jealous!
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2011, 11:13:02 PM »

Thanks for the races, gone midnight here so best hit the sack, will buy headphones and Mic tomorrow so I can at least say a few words in my special English accent.

Also if my driving is bad it's due to not actually having a car license in real life only a motorbike one  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:14:46 PM by Reemul » Logged

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »

Sorry I had to drop out guys,  the clamp was totally inadequate for the job and I needed to try and hard mount it.  Got that done but now I need to figure out why my communications are echoing in game.  Won't be joining any MP sessions until I can get it figured out.  Clutch with gate shifter is da bomb though.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »

Here is my first photo, taken in my 1960 Corvette showing the new kids in their new cars how to take a corner  icon_smile

Corvette by Reemul, on Flickr

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »

I have picked up some turtle beach headphones with Mic, hopefully be able to use them from now on

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »

Thanks to Hark and Cortilian for inviting me to race last night. I wasn't up to the task in that I had yet to try an A class car and ended up spinning out badly right off the starting line. Who knew you can't go full throttle out of the gate. slywink

I also couldn't find my mic so I as only able to listen to you guys. And then my power flickered and my Xbox turned off. I figured by that point I had done enough damage and decided to call it a night.

I promise I'll practice and get better for next time.  slywink

Thanks guys.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »

I've had to give in and turn on assists once I'm up to the "A" and higher classes, even if it is just setting the steering to Normal. And it depends on the car of course. Turns out the Ferrari 365 GTB isn't all that good at going downhilll on Fujimi Kaido trying to dodge slower cars while chasing an opponent. Apparently the only brakes I have come off a bicycle or something  icon_eek.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 15, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 15, 2011, 01:57:20 PM

I've had to give in and turn on assists once I'm up to the "A" and higher classes, even if it is just setting the steering to Normal. And it depends on the car of course. Turns out the Ferrari 365 GTB isn't all that good at going downhilll on Fujimi Kaido trying to dodge slower cars while chasing an opponent. Apparently the only brakes I have come off a bicycle or something  icon_eek.

I love that type of race... the one where you have to beat 1 opponent through constant traffic.  Really makes for a fun change of pace in the career mode.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on October 15, 2011, 05:21:51 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 15, 2011, 01:57:20 PM

I love that type of race... the one where you have to beat 1 opponent through constant traffic.  Really makes for a fun change of pace in the career mode.

I'm starting to warm up to them as well. Just took an Aston Martin through a sector of the 'Ring, dodging traffic. Makes for some interesting split-second decisions. Must be like track days at the real Ring, except the consequences are less expensive  icon_biggrin

Stepping up to the A600 cars has been a challenge that having just the Normal steering assist hasn't answered. However, with Stability on the car is still a challenge to drive but not so insane. I'm still enjoying the hell out of the game.

Also, I've changed the price to all items on my Storefront to free. I never would make that many credits anyway and this way people might pick them up for the hell of it.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2011, 01:07:52 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 15, 2011, 07:25:45 AM

Here is my first photo, taken in my 1960 Corvette showing the new kids in their new cars how to take a corner  icon_smile

Corvette by Reemul, on Flickr

Awesome shot.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »

Thanks Purge.

Added the 2011 Subaru Impreza pre order to the garage today.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2011, 07:29:36 PM »

I posted a Veyron 16.4 to the club garage. I know we already have one, but this one has a spoiler and wing to get some more downforce and I also tuned it using the Forzatune app. That app still is for Forza 3 and I don't know how good it is anyway, but what the heck. Also I tried to stay within the R800 class so I had to make the car heavier than what I desired so I could load it up with all the adjustable parts. Frankly I'm still a disaster when I drive it, but maybe in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing it might be a bit better than the stock Veyron. Anyway, it was fun playing with the tuning!  icon_biggrin

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2011, 04:23:38 AM »

Pretty fun.  Couple of questions:

1) Is there any way to make the AI faster or do you just step down in performance for that class to even things out?
2) Can I get an invite to the GT club or do I need to do something on my end first?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2011, 04:26:47 AM »

Quote from: gellar on October 18, 2011, 04:23:38 AM

Pretty fun.  Couple of questions:

1) Is there any way to make the AI faster or do you just step down in performance for that class to even things out?
2) Can I get an invite to the GT club or do I need to do something on my end first?

1) In World Tour the AI will adjust after a few races as the game tries to figure out what is a challenge for you.  In other modes, just choose the higher difficulty AI
2) request an invite in game by searching for GTF
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2011, 04:35:18 AM »

Hmm... they don't seem to be adjusting, but I guess that's not too surprising.

Request sent though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: