http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 01:46:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 4  (Read 33458 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2011, 10:40:50 PM »

it's 660, yet says 700 on the side? icon_twisted
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 12, 2011, 10:40:50 PM

it's 660, yet says 700 on the side? icon_twisted

S class is limited to 700 (at least it was in FM3). I had made up vinyl badges in FM3 for each class so I could by a glance see what class it was. I even had these badges posted on my storefront and sold a number of them. I got the idea from the FM3 strategy guide which used them in several places. I probably should post them on my FM4 storefront.

UPDATE: The one disappointment was that there isn't a rear wing for the DeLorean, just a small spoiler. I so wanted a big honking rear wing on it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:55:23 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2011, 12:14:44 AM »

That picture is amazing.  That's just for the photo export feature, right?  The game doesn't look that good?
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »

What does the 700 or 660 stand for?  Is that the horsepower?
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2011, 12:36:26 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 13, 2011, 12:14:44 AM

That picture is amazing.  That's just for the photo export feature, right?  The game doesn't look that good?
I would say that in-game it's not quite that pretty, but it's still quite nice. Frankly I never paid that much attention, I'm usually trying not to crash into something icon_biggrin.

What does the 700 or 660 stand for?  Is that the horsepower?
The number is the Performance Index, a composite rating so that you can compare cars.

Gamestop has posted a Forza 4 Free Reward Cars Price Guide to help you decide which reward car to select when offered several. I have noticed that I have been offered cars I already have, usually imported from FM3, the game (FM4) doesn't indicate that you already have that car.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2011, 03:02:24 AM »

The career mode is fun but the AI is a lot like Forza3 where "rubbing is racing" is definitely what they do.  Once you muscle your way out front its a good driving experience.

So far I have hit Nissan level 3 75% off parts and Ford level 5; at 4 its 100% off parts at 5 its a bonus $15,000 + 100% off. 

Did the challenge where you are in the view car mode for the Aston Martin where if you finish first you unlock the car.  Well you unlock it to view it only.  If you completely view a car you get a free Forza shirt for your avatar.

Looking forward to trying to catch some of you online when I have time to run some multiplayer matches.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »

The link below, lists all cars you can choose at each level 1-50 along with their relevant value. Worth a look as there is a difference between cars being worth £200,000 and £20,000,000.

Don't look if you don't want the surprise spoilt.

"This bit removed due to idiot posting"

Normal service may be resumed soon  drool
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 05:05:34 PM by Reemul » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 13, 2011, 02:17:00 PM

The link below, lists all cars you can choose at each level 1-50 along with their relevant value. Worth a look as there is a difference between cars being worth £200,000 and £20,000,000.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6338910/forza-4-free-reward-cars-price-guide/index.html

I guess they get the game later in the UK because they are slower over there slywink

see jztemple's post two above yours for the same info.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 13, 2011, 04:28:51 PM

Quote from: Reemul on October 13, 2011, 02:17:00 PM

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6338910/forza-4-free-reward-cars-price-guide/index.html

I guess they get the game later in the UK because they are slower over there slywink

see jztemple's post two above yours for the same info.

Actually in the UK we have a special disabiliity called blindness posting, i suffer from it quite badly as you may have noticed recently  crybaby

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »

+1, looks really impressive.  At least someone in our club has some art talent  icon_biggrin  I'll be putting that design in my cars from now on

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »

Before you share a car in the club garage please check to see if the same car is already there.  There is no reason to have 2 of the same car both with stock settings in the garage.  I'm in the process of removing the dups right now.  It just clutters things up.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »

Jinfan or anyone else that might have experience with them, how is Fanatec in terms of shipping.  Would it be really expensive shipping to Canada/US and does it take a long time?
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on October 13, 2011, 05:44:54 PM

+1, looks really impressive.  At least someone in our club has some art talent  icon_biggrin  I'll be putting that design in my cars from now on

Actually I just am using what vinyls are available. The real artists are the guys who recreate scenes from Star Wars or The Godfather using hundreds of layers. I'm in awe of those guys. I do like to put something on the cars and putting the club name on there isn't too hard.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 13, 2011, 06:11:53 PM

Before you share a car in the club garage please check to see if the same car is already there.  There is no reason to have 2 of the same car both with stock settings in the garage.  I'm in the process of removing the dups right now.  It just clutters things up.

You're right Hark, I did add some dups, sorry about that. I guess the only case where that would be useful is if they were tuned or altered in their PI. Or if they look pretty  slywink. I'm going to post to Turn 10 that it would be a nice feature to have a button that scans a club's garage and points out any true duplicates.

One significant change I've come across is in the Event List, that matrix of boxes of Events that each might hold several races. In FM3 if you completed all races in an event you got a bonus, but not now in FM4. So except for bragging rights, there's no need to grind through all the races in an Event Box for some additional bonus. I think this goes nicely with reaching Affinity 4 for a manufacturer and getting free upgrades. There is less reason to go grinding through event after event just to make money to upgrade cars.

I've added a Toyota MR2 to the garage with some club GTF design. Also posted the picture to my Storefront.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »

Kato and I have been battling each other on the Rivals Starter Car event (the Top Gear East Circuit). I just beat him and to celebrate I painted my car appropriately and uploaded it to the club garage:

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2011, 07:55:59 PM »

Oh Jztemple. It's on

Semper Fidelis

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2011, 08:40:04 PM »

Haha that's awesome.  This game really is great and improved from Forza 3.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »

Check your rival message JZ, beat ya again!

edit: sigh nevermind. You just beat my score again.  I'll get you this time!!    *Fist Shaking*

Semper Fidelis

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2011, 09:07:21 PM »

Shouldn't that be on the rear bumper?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2011, 09:31:33 PM »

Had temple ahead of me on that challenge... had to do something about it.  ninja

now to get this on my car so you stop trying temple!

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 13, 2011, 09:31:33 PM

Had temple ahead of me on that challenge... had to do something about it.  ninja

I did several other rivals races, including Le Mans in an R3 Audi, with no assists (other than braking lines). It's amazing, in FM3 I couldn't get better than a B class car without having to break out the assists. However, then I went to the 'Ring in a Radical SR8 and after several tries I gave in and turned on the assists (but not "assisted"). I *almost* got around without a flag, but then I clipped a curb about two-thirds of the way through and gave in and clipped a few more.

I then tried to beat Hark on Tsukuba. He made an error on the first turn, a slight one, but it inspired me to keep trying over and over again, even though he kept passing me before the lap was halfway done. Sheesh.

This means I'm not spending a lot of time in career mode of course, but there are so many Rivals events it's still interesting.

Oh, and keep your damn cars off my lawn!!!  icon_lol

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »

This thread is really making me want to try the game...  I downloaded the demo last night, but haven't touched it yet. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 13, 2011, 10:15:53 PM

This thread is really making me want to try the game...  I downloaded the demo last night, but haven't touched it yet. 

I wasn't as enamored with the demo as I usually am with quality racing games.  Perhaps Hot Pursuit satiated my fix a while back and I haven't regained it yet.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2011, 10:24:51 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 13, 2011, 10:12:39 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on October 13, 2011, 09:31:33 PM

Had temple ahead of me on that challenge... had to do something about it.  ninja

I did several other rivals races, including Le Mans in an R3 Audi, with no assists (other than braking lines). It's amazing, in FM3 I couldn't get better than a B class car without having to break out the assists. However, then I went to the 'Ring in a Radical SR8 and after several tries I gave in and turned on the assists (but not "assisted"). I *almost* got around without a flag, but then I clipped a curb about two-thirds of the way through and gave in and clipped a few more.

I then tried to beat Hark on Tsukuba. He made an error on the first turn, a slight one, but it inspired me to keep trying over and over again, even though he kept passing me before the lap was halfway done. Sheesh.

This means I'm not spending a lot of time in career mode of course, but there are so many Rivals events it's still interesting.

Oh, and keep your damn cars off my lawn!!!  icon_lol

I'm .4% through career, and it's likely to stay there.  Between rivals mode and multiplayer I have no need to do the career.  On top of that you can just play any event you want in a multiplayer lobby, mark it private or friends only, and just race and get cash.  Very flexible.  I've made half a mil, and most of that was online modes.

Thin J is just simply better than me.  He's slightly ahead of me on pretty much every rival challenge.  It can get frustrating, so I'll take it out on those of you who are behind me!

Pete, you need this game.  The demo is crap.  Just think back and remember what it was like to have a full lobby racing around and having a blast.   This time we can have even more people.  Might have to move to game chat to handle them!  16 cars
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »

shit if the demo is crap then the game has got to be good, because the demo was quite fun.  Holding out on a sale.  I have $37 credit at amazon and hoping to see it go for $45 or so.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »

Now you're just false advertising on your latest car temple!  I think unless your time stands for a full day, it doesn't really count  finger
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 13, 2011, 11:02:08 PM

Now you're just false advertising on your latest car temple!  I think unless your time stands for a full day, it doesn't really count  finger

When you're old a few minutes feel like a day  slywink

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:42 PM »

Heads up from the Turn 10 team! Corrupt Save Message Details:
It has recently come to our attention that some of you may be receiving a corrupt save message when trying to save a file. This could happen with tunes, replays, paints or photos. While we are working on this issue please follow the steps below.

The Message: Your save file is corrupt. Please delete it from the Xbox Dashboard and create a new one.

If you receive the message above when trying to save a file please follow these directions:

Go to the Xbox Dashboard.
    Move to My Xbox then scroll to the right and select “System Settings”.
    From inside System Settings select “Memory” then select the location where your game saves are located (for most people this will be on the hard drive).
    Scroll down the list until you find Forza Motorsport 4.
    From inside the Forza Motorsport 4 memory saves, you want to select the file that was corrupted. In most cases the file you are looking for will say “Corrupted” and have “!” next to it.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT DELETE your Game Save, If you do, you will lose all your game progress. Here is a list of the naming structure of your Forza Motorsport 4 saves:

(Your Gamertag) Saved Game – DO NOT DELTE THIS FILE. This is your main game save file and should only be deleted as a last resort.

(Your Gamertag) Car Setup Files Saved Game - These are your Tune Files.

(Your Gamertag ) PHOTOS Saved Game – This is all of your saved photos.

(Your Gamertag) LAYER GROUPS Saved Game – These are all of your created and purchased layer group files.

(Your Gamertag) Design Catalog Saved Game – These are all of your created and purchased car designs.

(Your Gamertag) Replays Saved Game – This save contains all our your saved replay info.

(Your Gamertag) WMV MOVIES Saved Game – This save contains all our your saved movies.

GHOSTS Saved Game  – This is where your best time ghost files are saved locally.

(Your Gamertag) Game Options Saved Game – These are your saved game options.

Turn 10 Community OPS
Forzamotorsport.net

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »

I think rivals mode is neat, but I think it has also killed the multiplayer mode for my friends!  I have 7 people on, all in rivals mode when they could be racing each other directly!
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2011, 11:44:17 PM »

The demo shows MAYBE 2% of what the entire game has to offer.  The full game is so much deeper than Forza 3 and you have a lot more options of how you want to play.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2011, 11:51:16 PM »

It also now features multi-class racing in multiplayer as well as the more arcady modes like cat and mouse, tag, virus, etc from PGR.

AND YOU CAN PLAY SOCCER WITH YOUR CARS AND YOUR FRIENDS! slywink
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2011, 12:19:41 AM »

Quote from: skystride on October 13, 2011, 06:18:51 PM

Jinfan or anyone else that might have experience with them, how is Fanatec in terms of shipping.  Would it be really expensive shipping to Canada/US and does it take a long time?

I live in California and they charged me $22 for shipping on the pedals and shifters, I need to go see what the wheel charge was, I don't have that receipt handy.  I'm lucky in that once they ship I get it quickly but they don't have a great order tracking system.  Right now if I go to my account I can see that my wheel order status is "delivered" but that doesn't mean they have shipped it yet, I really don't know what it means actually.  UPS sends out an email once they actually get the package and you can track your order like all UPS orders.  There is a good chance you could get the stuff before Fanatec ever updated you that they have shipped it.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2011, 12:46:23 AM »

Since Kato will eventually beat my times once again, I thought it appropriate to repaint the Ford Ka in the club garage:

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2011, 01:10:48 AM »

And regarding Hark....  cars have been placed in the club garage.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »

icon_lol

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2011, 01:18:32 AM »

I can't get over how phenomenal those gallery mode shots look.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2011, 03:24:37 AM »

Ran a race in that white car, yes Hark was in it, car handles quite well.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2011, 03:50:42 AM »

I added some more cars to the club garage and then used the Search and Sort by Model list to see if there were any duplicates, which is seems there is not. Let me know if there are any.

I ran the Ferrari P330 at Infinion. I tried to keep all assists off, but crimminity that is an insane car. Even with ABS, TCS, stability and normal steering turned on it was all over the place. And I thought someone was continuously bumping into me till I realized it was the backfire from the exhausts  icon_eek.

Oh and I also took a Veyron around the 'Ring, again with assists on (but not the "assisted" settings, I do have standards slywink). That car could use some better brakes. Or maybe a drag chute. Or retrorockets.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:21 AM »

My connection was acting up and this was the result

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQGoBwtZdNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWtyFZl5Wk

There were plenty of even odder moments, cars bouncing 30 feet up in the air, scooting along like an invisible giant was playing with matchbox cars and more.

It's really hard to pass someone cleanly when you can't tell wtf they really are smile
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2011, 04:02:45 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 13, 2011, 10:24:51 PM

Pete, you need this game.  The demo is crap.  Just think back and remember what it was like to have a full lobby racing around and having a blast.   This time we can have even more people.  Might have to move to game chat to handle them!  16 cars

I really wish I had the means to pick up all of the games I "need."  Unfortunately it isn't even a possibility.  Especially with the costs associated with sending transcripts to every pharmacy school I am applying to, application fees, additional PCAT score fees, etc.  Just applying is expensive.  Traveling for interviews will be an additional cost.  I haven't even begun thinking about how I'm going to pay for tuition if I get accepted.

The blow to the rear of my head that resulted in my severe concussion has also permanently damaged my vision.  I received confirmation from my eye doctor and will have to get a new prescription.  Right now I can barely see at night and really struggle to differentiate between things on screen when trying to play a videogame.  I am incapable of playing Hot Pursuit any longer and Black Ops is a tougher challenge due to not being able to see a lot of what is happening on screen.  I also may no longer be a good candidate for lasik.  

I guess this is payback for all of the Kato eyepatch jokes.  

\  x
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:07:48 AM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: