http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 05:00:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 4  (Read 28314 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2011, 10:57:13 PM »

In the old one that meant a replay was attached
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »

Well this just showed up today

The pedals are amazing, all metal construction aside from a bit of black plastic along the base.  My scale showed them at 10 lbs.

Looking at the back of the pedals

The brake pedal has a load cell that you can adjust to set the stiffness of the pedal

I got the shifter set as well, it comes with a 6 position gate shifter plus reverse and a sequential shifter that just moves either forward or back.  The silver parts are aluminum and the base is plastic, the movement of the shifter feels pretty good but I won't know for sure until I can mount them up and try them in game.

I did build a wheel stand based on a post I found on the interwebs and took a few pictures tonight but the lighting was pretty bad, hope you get the idea on what it is

Sadly my wheel won't be here for a month or two so all goes back into the box until the CSR elite wheel ships.  I have to admit after seeing this stuff that I'm tempted to just cave and get the CSR wheel that is available now but for now I hold strong and will wait.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »

That is some pretty stuff. If you happen to have a link to the plans you used for the stand, please post.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2011, 09:26:57 AM »

Get the normal wheel now, then when they ship your elite, send me the normal one  ninja
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 07, 2011, 09:20:57 AM

That is some pretty stuff. If you happen to have a link to the plans you used for the stand, please post.

This is the thread I found and used the plans from, plus it has better pictures.
http://www.seasonedgamers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44896
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 04, 2011, 09:49:02 PM

Quote from: naednek on October 04, 2011, 09:40:28 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on October 04, 2011, 06:40:02 PM

Quote from: naednek on October 04, 2011, 04:18:32 PM

finally a game where I beat Hark smile

two things:

turn off your assists noob, then you can talk  ninja
full game will tell  icon_twisted

you also had assists on as well newb Tongue

If anything the challenge mode should force you to play the same settings

you're smoking some crack there Ken, I had no assists on except the braking line.  look again.  ABS off, Stabilization off, Manual trans w/ clutch, simulation steering, professional oppoenents, etc.  Everything was at max with no assists.  I also ran a clean lap, only one of the list to do it so far slywink

So I spent a good 40 minutes trying to beat you last night.  I matched all the settings that you had (I'll admit I wasn't reading things correctly the first time)  I've gotten times down to 1:27 but it never says I've beat your score.  It keeps me at 2nd place.  When I look at our settings, I have a triangle on the last row, and I can't figure out what it means.  I even took off the braking line and beat you but it doesn't register.

So, screw it.  I may not be able to prove it, but in my mind I did smile
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »

If it's ok with you peeps I will add you on Xbox Live as I am goign to actually play online this time, keep saying I will but never do.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2011, 06:03:03 PM »

Quote from: naednek on October 07, 2011, 04:54:00 PM

two things:

you're smoking some crack there Ken, I had no assists on except the braking line.  look again.  ABS off, Stabilization off, Manual trans w/ clutch, simulation steering, professional oppoenents, etc.  Everything was at max with no assists.  I also ran a clean lap, only one of the list to do it so far slywink

So I spent a good 40 minutes trying to beat you last night.  I matched all the settings that you had (I'll admit I wasn't reading things correctly the first time)  I've gotten times down to 1:27 but it never says I've beat your score.  It keeps me at 2nd place.  When I look at our settings, I have a triangle on the last row, and I can't figure out what it means.  I even took off the braking line and beat you but it doesn't register.

it means you didn't have a clean lap.  A clean lap will always be better than an unclean one, even if slower.  You can't hit other cars or go off the track and have it count, that's cheatin!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »

Does this game have a rewind feature for single player races?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 07, 2011, 06:03:03 PM

Quote from: naednek on October 07, 2011, 04:54:00 PM

two things:

it means you didn't have a clean lap.  A clean lap will always be better than an unclean one, even if slower.  You can't hit other cars or go off the track and have it count, that's cheatin!

alright, well that's gonna be tough smile
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2011, 07:49:51 PM »

Man, I am really tempted to get a wheel to go with this one - but I'm definitely not ready to put down the money for the Fanatec rig there.

Eagerly looking forward to reviews of the new Microsoft 'wheel'.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2011, 08:02:13 PM »

A wheel makes the game so so much more fun.  A lot of people don't realize how much true force feedback adds in comparison to simple controller rumble.  You get a much better sense of how your car is moving or slipping or whatever, you can naturally let it straighten out after turns the same way you would in a real car, and of course it's more fun when things go wrong and you go into the dirt or hit a car/wall. 
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2011, 08:47:03 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 07, 2011, 06:10:34 PM

Does this game have a rewind feature for single player races?

Yes, according to a preview on Jalopnick and also as seen in the demo. They have moved the button for it from "back" to "Y" which I think is a good thing.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2011, 01:57:40 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 07, 2011, 08:02:13 PM

A wheel makes the game so so much more fun.  A lot of people don't realize how much true force feedback adds in comparison to simple controller rumble.  You get a much better sense of how your car is moving or slipping or whatever, you can naturally let it straighten out after turns the same way you would in a real car, and of course it's more fun when things go wrong and you go into the dirt or hit a car/wall. 

What wheel would you recommend?

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2011, 02:22:30 AM »

In case anyone is interested, I came across this posting at Xbox 360 Maniac: Forza 4 Car Import from Forza 3

Turn 10 are rewarding the Forza faithful with the ability to import or transfer cars that you own in Forza 3 to Forza 4, as well as rewarding your driver level with cars.

Every driver level in you have below in Forza 3 will reward you with the corresponding cars in Forza 4:

Forza 3 Driver Level 1 = Forza 4 will import: 2010 Abarth 500 Esseesse
Level 5 - 2010 Ford Focus RS
Level 10 - 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
Level 15 - 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
Level 20 - 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Level 30 - #92 BMW Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
Level 40 - #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
Level 50 - #9 Peugeot Sport Total 908

So, if you are level 50 in Forza 3, you will get 8 cars for free when you start Forza 4.

Also, if you have the following cars in Forza 3, you will also get them in Forza 4:

2010 Lexus LF-A
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
1982 DeLorean DMC-12

These cars come from:
Community Choice Classics Pack:
1982 DeLorean DMC-12

Hot Holidays Car Pack
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia

Stig Garage Pack, which was part of the Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection:
2010 Lexus LF-A

Forza 3 VIP Car Pack:
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

The remaining 3 are Forza 3 Unicorn cars:
2006 Subaru Impreza S204
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe

These 3 FM3 unicorns will also be unicorns in FM4, as well as the following cars:

So, if you have Forza 3, be sure to get your driver level as high as possible, and make sure you own all of the above transferable cars in Forza 3 if you have access to them.

Don't know if it's true or not, but I would assume that it will read your FM3 save game only one time, so it's best to be prepared, as I said, if this is important to you.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2011, 03:11:15 AM »

That wheel/pedal setup is AWESOME, Zin!

Going to the opposite extreme, anyone have thoughts on that new air wheel thing that MS just released?

I can hide that thing easier!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2011, 03:40:58 AM »

Quote from: Devil on October 08, 2011, 03:11:15 AM

Going to the opposite extreme, anyone have thoughts on that new air wheel thing that MS just released?

I picked that up, but I'm not very impressed. No shoulder buttons, so you have to compromise on what function you will assign to what button.  And the Forza 4 demo, which didn't allow customization, assigned the shift functions to D-pad up and down, which was weird, instead of using the X and B buttons. No rumble function either. Also it uses AA batteries, not the usual 360 controller battery pack, and the instructions say that rechargeable batteries are discouraged. Finally the trigger buttons are just that, curved triggers. With my big hands it makes it awkward to try to use my thumbs on the D-pad and ABXY while maintaining a good grip on the triggers. And while for younger folks with smaller hands it might be ok to twist the whole unit ninety degrees left and right while manipulating the triggers, it caused me pain in my carpal tunnel area after a while. For me, I'm much happier with the standard controller.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2011, 03:46:07 AM »

In case folks don't want to wait till they get Forza 4 and grind through a bunch of races/car buys, etc, to be able to see Jeremy Clarkson's reviews of 24 of the cars in the game, the nice folks at Jalopnik have made them available for you now.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 08, 2011, 03:40:58 AM

Quote from: Devil on October 08, 2011, 03:11:15 AM

I picked that up, but I'm not very impressed. No shoulder buttons, so you have to compromise on what function you will assign to what button.  And the Forza 4 demo, which didn't allow customization, assigned the shift functions to D-pad up and down, which was weird, instead of using the X and B buttons. No rumble function either. Also it uses AA batteries, not the usual 360 controller battery pack, and the instructions say that rechargeable batteries are discouraged. Finally the trigger buttons are just that, curved triggers. With my big hands it makes it awkward to try to use my thumbs on the D-pad and ABXY while maintaining a good grip on the triggers. And while for younger folks with smaller hands it might be ok to twist the whole unit ninety degrees left and right while manipulating the triggers, it caused me pain in my carpal tunnel area after a while. For me, I'm much happier with the standard controller.

I have gone for this wheel, I have a really good wheel for GT5 but as usual PS3 wheels don't work on the 360.

The main reason is my 4 year old son can't use a stick controller or wheel and pedals but can thanks to the motion controls (and Wii) use the motion wheel. It should be perfect for him as all he will need is accelerate and break which I assume are the 2 trigger buttons. AT present he does that and I do steering with the stick and he is getting old enough to want to do it himself.

I also won't use manual gears so I hope it works for me as the wife isn't keen on the wheel in the lounge set up at all.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2011, 02:47:48 AM »

jzt2 - Thanks for the heads up, but was at and my 5 and 6 year olds were flying around and having a blast using the wireless thing, so like Reemul, I might have to go this route...for the children!  icon_wink

I didn't think it was that bad either, but I'm not really good anyway.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2011, 03:11:49 AM »

Quote from: Devil on October 09, 2011, 02:47:48 AM

jzt2 - Thanks for the heads up, but was at and my 5 and 6 year olds were flying around and having a blast using the wireless thing, so like Reemul, I might have to go this route...for the children!  icon_wink

I didn't think it was that bad either, but I'm not really good anyway.

No problem. Racing is a young person's game anyway  slywink

Speaking of Forza 4, I see in the track lists here and here that the New York track is gone. Shame, it was a hoot to watch the AI drivers crash into themselves in the chicanes. It also appears we have lost the Bugatti circuit (that's the short one) at LeMans. Seems weird that they would keep the track but drop one of the options. Also Amalfi is gone. Bummer. I guess I'll be holding onto my copy of Forza 3, but then I've still got my Forza 2 and my original Forza as well.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2011, 03:31:40 AM »

Old Favorites Track Pack #1 - New York is back! Return to beautiful Amalfi! Put yourself to the test at Bugatti! Yours for only 1200 spacebucks!
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2011, 03:41:10 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 09, 2011, 03:31:40 AM

Old Favorites Track Pack #1 - New York is back! Return to beautiful Amalfi! Put yourself to the test at Bugatti! Yours for only 1200 spacebucks!

Till I saw the "spacebucks" I thought you were serious  crybaby

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2011, 04:02:29 AM »

Can't understand why they would leave tracks out, one thing Forza needs is more tracks and not in spacebuckian DLC either.

p.s. I am a weak weak man, I ordered the CSR wheel today and will wait for reviews of the elite version when it comes out.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:04:49 AM by Zinfan » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2011, 04:14:22 AM »

Amalfi is supposed to still be in, just not the really long one from the original preview I read.

edit:  I see they kept the long one and nuked the short.  Amalfi is still in though.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:16:24 AM by Harkonis » Logged
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2011, 02:28:31 AM »

Anyone pre-order the LCE from Best Buy? Because Best Buy let people order more copies than Best Buy is going to get, and they are canceling some of the pre-orders.  Yikes!

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2011, 02:31:02 AM »

Thankfully I ordered mine through Amazon and it is already on the way.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »

I ordered the LCE off of Amazon. I was slightly annoyed that it was showing a delivery date of the 14th instead of release date shipping, but it was stuck on "Shipping Soon" for a while and suddenly it's listed as out on the truck. Go figure.

Sucks for the Best Buy pre-order folks. It seems like almost all of the brick-and-mortar game retailers are getting scummier and scummier.

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »

I am a bit disappointed that I deleted my save game to start over and so I won't be getting any imports, not the end of the world but still a shame.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 11, 2011, 12:35:03 PM

I am a bit disappointed that I deleted my save game to start over and so I won't be getting any imports, not the end of the world but still a shame.

Luckily I've kept mine as I'm still occasionally playing Forza 3. It's weird that it wasn't till four days ago that I even saw a mention about rolling over the old game data. I have seen since then that you will get some amount of credits depending on the credits you had in FM3, and FM4 will bring over your created vinyls and (maybe) your designs. I'm not sure on the latter, it was a bit vague.

I'm off in a few minutes to Gamestop to pick up my copy, hopefully it will be there Roll Eyes

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »

Thanks for the review on the wireless wheel. Best Buy had a bundle going but I'm going to pass on it now and just get the game.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2011, 03:06:16 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on October 11, 2011, 02:01:43 PM

Quote from: Reemul on October 11, 2011, 12:35:03 PM

Luckily I've kept mine as I'm still occasionally playing Forza 3. It's weird that it wasn't till four days ago that I even saw a mention about rolling over the old game data. I have seen since then that you will get some amount of credits depending on the credits you had in FM3, and FM4 will bring over your created vinyls and (maybe) your designs. I'm not sure on the latter, it was a bit vague.

I'm off in a few minutes to Gamestop to pick up my copy, hopefully it will be there Roll Eyes

Really? That's awesome, wasn't even expecting to get the vinyls and designs, or any credits. I was just thrilled that my level 50 profile results in having a pretty good starting stable of cars - to be honest, I'll probably not even use them all right away, as I think that the starting stable with an imported profile might be a little -too- good. My favorite part of these games is when you're scrambling for cash and early cars anyway.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »

still a bit bummed my save got lost for F3, but oh well. 

Don't forget to install disk 2 from inside the game fwiw, don't install it outside the game.  It's the same procedure as F3 and installing from the dash will mess it up.

Install disk 1 from dash though.

head tracking is pretty cool and with a bit of tweaking can be seamless.  My problem is I sit too close and have to jury rig my kinect to see me. lol

back to racing!
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:26 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 11, 2011, 03:59:17 PM

Don't forget to install disk 2 from inside the game fwiw, don't install it outside the game.  It's the same procedure as F3 and installing from the dash will mess it up.

Wow, thanks for reminding me. I had forgot that about FM3 and I'm installing disc 1 right now.

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2011, 04:52:58 PM »

From what I can tell - the promised cars from the list on this page came over, but nothing else (I have 0 credits).

While the actual stats didn't come over, a bunch of badges did.

Unfortunately, between installing disk 2, then disk 1, then the DLC, my lunch hour got eaten up - but it'll be ready to go when I'm done!

Doesn't this thing have car clubs or teams or something? Are we doing that?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »

The money from the previous game will be in your mailbox, you have to retrieve it.

Qt3 has a car club up, but I don't see it listed anywhere.  If you guys want I can make one for GT.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »

Club is created.  Just send requests for invites.  I cleared a bunch of names off friend's list to make room.

Tag is GTF, since GT and GTFO were taken. slywink
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on October 11, 2011, 12:09:32 PM

I ordered the LCE off of Amazon. I was slightly annoyed that it was showing a delivery date of the 14th instead of release date shipping, but it was stuck on "Shipping Soon" for a while and suddenly it's listed as out on the truck. Go figure.

Yeah, mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, which sucks.  So much for my free release day shipping with Prime.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

For my six million credits in FM3 I got gifted sixty thousand in FM4, so it's not a big deal. I did get about seven million credits worth of gifted cars because I owned them in FM3, and because I was an FM3 VIP, I also got three other cars. And I haven't even entered all my codes yet. I was also able to transfer all my vinyls from FM3, including ones I had gotten through other folks storefront. And right now I'm downloading a BMW M5 available for free from the Turn 10 access area in game. I'm not sure how I got there, but I'll post once I figure it out.

UPDATE: It's under Marketplace, on the far right of the vertical selection bars.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 05:15:46 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 11, 2011, 05:04:24 PM

The money from the previous game will be in your mailbox, you have to retrieve it.

Thanks, that did it. Super-non-intuitive though - you have to go to the mailbox, then over to Files to grab it.

It looks like it's 60K no matter what, I only had 100K in the bank or so and got the full 60K as well - now I don't regret not selling every single car I owned before doing the import!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: