http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 04:30:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 4  (Read 28570 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:18:43 PM »

well there is no current Forza 4 thread so here we go,the game is still due this Fall

just found this on CVG

Tyre Simulation and Kinect

Speaking to the site, developer Turn 10 revealed it's going to even more ridiculous lengths to make sure its racing sequel is the most realistic on the market, including scanning Bugatti Veyrons with 3D lasers.

Apparently, Turn 10's teamed up with tyre manufacturer Pirelli to create the "most up-to-date simulation of how modern tires grip or slip in a variety of racing conditions". Few players are likely to notice the difference, it's said, but the hardcore will appreciate the added accuracy.

Turn 10's also seemingly going the extra mile where accurate track recreation is concerned, renting out the real life version of each track in Forza 4 and spending two or three days to shoot terabytes worth of video and photos, and tracing the inside, middle and outside portions of the road surface with a commercial-grade GPS system.

The resulting game course tracks "road crowning, tiny changes in camber, or angle, and other anomalies with subcentimeter accuracy," all of which can be put in the game, it's said.

Of course Forza 4 will also include "limited functionality" with Kinect - which you can see here - including the ability to "walk around" vehicles and explore inside.

MSN's said there's also a "phantom steering wheel" to grip and full head-tracking, so "when you lean to one side or the other, the driver's perspective edges with you, letting you peer around a blind curve or just slightly around a car before passing it."

Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt said of the Kinect support: "I think we're just scratching the surface. I have the feeling that we'll all look back at these first few years of Kinect and reflect on it as a huge inflection point in interactive entertainment."

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »

Glad to hear. I haven't touched my MS steering wheel since Forza 3 came out.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »

You know, I should just setup an auto-payment option with Turn 10 and save me the trouble of keeping track of their releases and going to the store. Because these guys know how to make kick-ass racing sims. nod

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 02:40:12 AM »

Yeah, it should be very interesting to see the general reaction to Forza 4.  I felt like with 3 there was always the impending unknown GT5 that so many people felt would outshine it, but now with that released and being a somewhat disappointing showing (or at least not earth shattering) I think they really have a much cleaner slate for their next release and they can finally earn the respect they deserve.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 18, 2011, 02:40:12 AM

Yeah, it should be very interesting to see the general reaction to Forza 4.  I felt like with 3 there was always the impending unknown GT5 that so many people felt would outshine it, but now with that released and being a somewhat disappointing showing (or at least not earth shattering) I think they really have a much cleaner slate for their next release and they can finally earn the respect they deserve.

I'm definitely looking forward to Forza 4.  GT5 was just a disappointment.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »

It'll be like every Forza/GT release ever.

I'll try not to get excited.  I'll get excited.  I'll buy it.  I'll play the crap out of it for 2 days.  I'll be disappointed.  I'll stop playing it.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »

Forza 4 has 500 cars and looks 10x better than Forza 3

The show-room section, navigable using Kinect, teaches you about the cars and their manufacturers. You'll be educated by the boisterous voice of Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarskon.

so,it's come to this...Clarkson in our video games!! eek

The survey went on to describe Forza Motorsport 4 as the "best looking game of the year with graphic fidelity 10 times better than the previous version, including new lighting and shading models".

Participants were also asked to rate how much they'd like to see an open world Forza Motorsport game, which would allow drivers the freedom of the open-road rather than race tracks with perimeters.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »

While I would prefer the core Forza games remain racetrack-focused (and there are a LOT of great tracks out there we haven't seen in a Forza or Gran Turismo title yet), I have to admit that a Forza: Unlimited would be fucking awesome.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »

I cant wait to run Harkonis into the wall; because I sure as heck cant pass and beat him fairly.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »

Quote from: drifter on March 27, 2011, 04:38:41 PM

I cant wait to run Harkonis into the wall; because I sure as heck cant pass and beat him fairly.

Holy crap, Hark is good at racing games, too??!?
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »

Not only is he good, he's good while being a realistic driver. The rest of is cut corners, drive through grass and smash into each others cars to try and win. Watching hark drive is like watching an indy race. Impressive, but boring to watch.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on March 27, 2011, 06:36:39 PM

Not only is he good, he's good while being a realistic driver. The rest of is cut corners, drive through grass and smash into each others cars to try and win. Watching hark drive is like watching an indy race. Impressive, but boring to watch.

+1

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »

icon_redface
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 02:14:38 AM »

When ever I could stay behind harkonis on a track I learned how to run that track better by watching him.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22:06 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 27, 2011, 08:45:30 PM

icon_redface

Almalfi  ninja

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 02:47:20 AM »

amalfi coast is a fluke sir, I'm more than willing to concede one track on one class to you.  icon_cool
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »

Somewhere there is a video of Hark taking me out as we come into the final downhill right turn on that coast track. Sure, I started out with like a lap head start, but that's not the point. He took me out! HARK IS A RECKLESS TAKER OUTER!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »

I remember us all playing a racing game together, (was it in GTA IV??) where we'd race back and forth down a coast. There was also the race around the landing airplanes. It was CeeKays first time controlling a car I think. I was doing really well, until HARK ran me off the road. I haven't touched a steering wheel since.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »

Quote from: Purge on March 28, 2011, 03:39:51 PM

I remember us all playing a racing game together, (was it in GTA IV??) where we'd race back and forth down a coast. There was also the race around the landing airplanes. It was CeeKays first time controlling a car I think. I was doing really well, until HARK ran me off the road. I haven't touched a steering wheel since.

HARK IS THE DREAM CRUSHER. PURGE NO DRIVE ANYMORE!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 28, 2011, 03:42:20 PM

Quote from: Purge on March 28, 2011, 03:39:51 PM

HARK IS THE DREAM CRUSHER. PURGE NO DRIVE ANYMORE!

Now I only cycle to the store.

Do you know how hard it is to shop at Costco on a bicycle?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 05:37:44 PM »

You guys are making Hark out to be such a proficient racer, but I distinctly remember him rear ending people repeatedly just because they were braking hard at totally inappropriate times to brake, and sometimes I'd see Hark force people to rear end his car just because Hark felt the need to slow down enough to not drive off the edge of a curve.
 rules
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:45 PM »

So what you're saying is Hark is cool with both repeatedly giving and receiving in the rear end, as long as it's hard and fast?

saywhat

Spoiler for also...:
... you like to watch this happening with other men?!
Spoiler for furthermore...:
... on the Internet?!
Spoiler for on an unrelated topic...:
... were you the one who stole my bike seat and set up the hidden camera?!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:19:11 PM by Purge » Logged

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 07:38:39 PM »

I specifically worded it as 'rear ended his car' instead of 'rear ended him' in an attempt to avoid that inevitable tangent.   *Fist Shaking*
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 28, 2011, 07:38:39 PM

I specifically worded it as 'rear ended his car' instead of 'rear ended him' in an attempt to avoid that inevitable tangent.   *Fist Shaking*

And that tangent has left me...

smile

Exhausted.

Cool

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »

I didnt' really like where this thread was heading even before CK possessed Purge.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 02:17:32 AM »

In all seriousness, I might get a wheel for this game. I'd like to get a console agnostic/PC wheel though so I can play dirt2 on PC with my 6yr old.

drifter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »

Wheel and pedals make a HUGE difference in a driving game like this.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »

I agree with the wheel sentiment. In something like burnout paradise I used my controller but in forza 3 I had to have my wheel and pedals.

X360 - Nonnahob

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »

It's wonderful and all that Turn 10 is making these uber realistic tracks and traction modelling changes, but IMO that needs to be accompanied with more realistic setup capabilities. If they don't intro asymmetrical setups in 4, I'll skip it just like I did with 3. It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't feature oval tracks, but they do.

I do really like the idea of head tracking with a Kinect, but I wouldn't use it if it forced me to use a virtual steering wheel at the same time.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »

3 minute video

shows some gameplay,some of the photo realistic cars and shows some more on how kinect works as well ...looks great

i don't really get the head turning thing to see the cars or side of the road for Kinect,surely if you turn your head on the couch you will have to keep your eyes 'forward/deep into the side of your brain' to see the TV?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 02:03:22 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 02, 2011, 01:57:20 PM

3 minute video

shows some gameplay,some of the photo realistic cars and shows some more on how kinect works as well ...looks great

i don't really get the head turning thing to see the cars or side of the road for Kinect,surely if you turn your head on the couch you will have to keep your eyes 'forward/deep into the side of your brain' to see the TV?

The head turning works really well with the TrackIR on PC and I'd assume they use a similar setup with the Kinect.  Basically the amount you turn compared to how much it turns on the screen is scaled in a way that it just 'works'.   It's very hard to go back to playing without though once you have tried it.  It has pretty much revolutionized racing, flight sim and FPS for me.  Sadly I was just trying a friend's out and dont' have one myself so now those games are a bit more 'blah' for me slywink

In a fps being able to move one way, while aiming a second and looking a third all seamlessly is pretty amazing.  Also this might finally mean that people will f'n check their sides when taking turns in Forza and not ram me off the road then throw a hissy fit when I ask why they didn't check their mirrors.  ninja
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »

As long as I can use head tracking and still use my physical wheel, I'm golden.  Now to get a Kinect frown

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »

And the video has been blocked, so go over here to watch.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 02, 2011, 02:06:14 PM

As long as I can use head tracking and still use my physical wheel, I'm golden.  Now to get a Kinect frown

I have a Kinect, so when I turn my head to look at you I can give you this  finger

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »

Also this might finally mean that people will f'n check their sides when taking turns in Forza and not ram me off the road then throw a hissy fit when I ask why they didn't check their mirrors.  ninja

Keep dreaming.

X360 - Nonnahob

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 01:30:13 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on April 07, 2011, 11:18:43 AM

Also this might finally mean that people will f'n check their sides when taking turns in Forza and not ram me off the road then throw a hissy fit when I ask why they didn't check their mirrors.  ninja

Keep dreaming.

i will! It was a reality when I played in a league for Papyrus' Nascar series, and that was 41 other drivers on the track at the same time.  (4 of which were pro nascar drivers too, so I guess they would be expected to)  I just hope that eventually it could happen in Forza as well.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on April 06, 2011, 10:30:18 PM

And the video has been blocked, so go over here to watch.

OK, that looked Hawt, but what happens if you sneeze while using the virtual wheel?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »

Well, I'm guessing the same thing if you were doing 220mph in a Bugati.

I'd like to point out that that video depicted them SITTING.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 10:44:52 PM »

Quote from: Purge on March 29, 2011, 02:17:32 AM

In all seriousness, I might get a wheel for this game. I'd like to get a console agnostic/PC wheel though so I can play dirt2 on PC with my 6yr old.

About the pull the trigger on this Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel along with Burnout and GT5 Prologue ($13, just to get a feel for it). Never played a racing game before and have some time to kill with the kids this weekend. Hopefully i'm not making a $160 mistake!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »

I'd suggest not playing Burnout with the wheel, it is definitely a more arcadey experience built for a controller.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: