http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 03:58:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 3 in game footage  (Read 950 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:18:05 AM »

CVG have got a video up(its actually a youtube vid),of a Forza 3 vid,with some guy talking over it,its quite a good vid,listen to how he says about how the team hired out helicoptors etc to get the tracks bird eye views

they also have nearly 100 screenshots on there as well,looking pretty sweet

not sure about the cheating though,rewind if you make a mistake and re-attempt,so you can get those perfect laps in

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »

Those graphics in those screenies are outstanding.

Thanks for the link.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 04:05:46 PM »

*shrug* Looks like the game I was playing last year, which was downright amazing already.  I actually can't wait for Forza 3, just because I can't play MP Forza 2 anymore, not since the NXE update.  Games keep dropping or my game keeps locking up only when I'm trying to play MP.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »

I couldn't tell from the screenshots.  With this new version, in multiplayer matches are you supposed to be a dick or not be a dick?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:51:50 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 17, 2009, 05:04:32 PM

I couldn't tell from the screenshots.  With this new version, in multiplayer matches are you supposed to be a dick or not be a dick?

Depends on whether Ike plays or not.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:57:22 PM »

Forza 3 might actually get me online for some MP.  At least for a few sessions before I stop again.  smile

I will have this game.  Oh yes.  The wheel demands it.

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:59:03 PM »

I am definitely in for this game.

Forza 2 was great and fun already in MP.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »

Can't wait for this game.  What's the top-of-the-line wheel right now?  I'm considering going full-on dork with this and getting the whole chair and peddles and everything. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 02:11:31 AM »

Quote from: kathode on June 17, 2009, 08:01:59 PM

Can't wait for this game.  What's the top-of-the-line wheel right now?  I'm considering going full-on dork with this and getting the whole chair and peddles and everything. 

I would expect that Microsoft are going to either relaunch their wheel or launch a brand new one for this game.  The old wheel has pretty much been taken off the market at this point as far as I can tell.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 05:47:54 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on June 18, 2009, 02:11:31 AM

Quote from: kathode on June 17, 2009, 08:01:59 PM

I would expect that Microsoft are going to either relaunch their wheel or launch a brand new one for this game.  The old wheel has pretty much been taken off the market at this point as far as I can tell.

Didn't the old wheel have the tendency to burst into flame or something?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »

I had the wheel for awhile but the feedback always seemed not only too strong, but out of phase with the actual on-screen situation. And I was never able to adjust it to a level I liked. Surprisingly I've adapted well to using the 360 hand controller for racing. I'm even using it for Grand Prix Legends on the PC.

My biggest bitch about Forza 2 was the appalling lack of tracks. Twenty was just too few and it wasn't helped by having all those "snake" courses based on the one huge track, broken up by barriers and cones. And the new tracks in the DLC weren't incorporated into the campaign which for me made them of little use.

Now they tell me that Forza 3 has "over 100 tracks". However, Forza 3 also had drift racing. So how many of those tracks are dedicated drift tracks? Sorry, drifting isn't racing, no more than freestyle snowboarding or figure skating or high diving. I've tried it and find it both boring and frustrating.

Also they have oval tracks. Again, maybe some people like them, but Forza to me has always been about road racing or even street racing. I find ovals rather mindless. So how many of those hundred tracks are ovals?

And don't even get me started about drag racing....  slywink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »

So...is Forza to Xbox what Gran Turismo is to Playstation?  If so, I might be tempted by this.  Gran Turismo is one of the very few things I miss about Playstation.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 18, 2009, 01:02:06 PM

So...is Forza to Xbox what Gran Turismo is to Playstation?  If so, I might be tempted by this.  Gran Turismo is one of the very few things I miss about Playstation.

Basically, yup.  Forza has visible damage, doesn't have the whole licensing part...oh, and Forza added a great 'assist' line that helps you learn what paths to take turns and when to brake/accelerate.  I always set it to only display the red 'braking' line, which works well as a substitute for the sense of speed and distance you'd have if you were driving in real life.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 02:22:29 PM »

Cool, this one's going on the list then.  Thanks.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 03:08:34 PM »

I used to love GT but I think Forza series has left it in the dust.  GT seems stuck in a rut.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »

Quote from: skystride on June 18, 2009, 03:08:34 PM

I used to love GT but I think Forza series has left it in the dust.  GT seems stuck in a rut.

Of course, it hasn't helped that THREE Forza titles have come out since the last GT. Talk about taking forever to make a sequel.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »

I agree on the track comments above; I don't want oval tracks, drag racing tracks, or drifting crap. I do, however, want more solid circuit racing tracks and other street/technical tracks. smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

I'd also like to see some older tracks, like the ones I race on in Grand Prix Legends. The old F1 tracks were more fun than the current emasculated ones.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 18, 2009, 03:13:39 PM

Quote from: skystride on June 18, 2009, 03:08:34 PM

Of course, it hasn't helped that THREE Forza titles have come out since the last GT. Talk about taking forever to make a sequel.

Well there was that technical demo or beta or whatever they called it that was very underwhelming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: