http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 05:04:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forza 3 Discussion and Impressions  (Read 23471 times)
jztemple2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:50:53 AM »

Here's the description via a Kotaku article, and an article with a photo of the limited edition contents. Would be nice to see a list of those exclusive ten cars. From the description I'm assuming that five are cars for everyone in the game, just tweaked and painted for you, but the other five are ones exclusive to the LE. Exclusive, I'm sure, until the first DLC  Roll Eyes

And some eye candy:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:46:21 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »

very nice,looking forward to this one

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »

Personally I'd be upset if those exclusive cars didn't show up as DLC. Especially since some of them are extremely good.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 11:39:30 AM »

press release with car list

Ruining language with my terrible words.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on July 28, 2009, 11:39:30 AM

Thanks Misguided. Wonder why Kotaku just didn't include that info in their article. Weird.

So as a VIP member, I get exclusive access to these five cars:
* 2009 Aston Martin DBS
* 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
* 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
* 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
* 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)

Not bad, I think that's a nice feature, IF it is really exclusive to VIP buyers.

I found this to be interesting...
In addition to the exclusive cars, Turn 10 also plans to create a series of new and exclusive designs and tuning kits exclusively for VIPs.
I suck at tuning and so if Turn 10 will give me some nice setups that would be cool. Even better would be an app in the game where I could get a Turn 10 guy to fix the freaking handling of whatever I'm driving at the time!  icon_smile

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 01:35:23 PM »

Could we just name this thread "Forza 3" and stick all the news tidbits in one place?  I wanted to post someone's summary of someone's else's summary of someone else's podcast but it'd be silly to start yet another Forza 3 thread.

1.) You can export video and it will put up a 720p wmv file on forzamotorsport.net

2.) Auto-braking follows the braking line for its braking. You just steer and gas now. They said multiple times that auto-braking is NOT as fast as someone who brakes on their own. It just makes you more consistent.

3.) You get infinite rewinds per race. using time rewind will mark your lap time as "uncertified" along with anytime there is drafting in the same race.

4.) Lap times listed on the leader boards will be listed as "certified" first and then "uncertified. So the worst certified time will be above the fastest uncertified race.

5.) There is now a clutch button, and it is on the left shoulder button on the controller. Hold button, clutch is engaged. Then you shift, then let off of the clutch. There is a missed shift if you don't hit it right. You can damage the car if you miss a shift with sim damage on. The clutch pedal mode is faster than without.

6.) There is now a.) automatic b.) manual and c.) manual + clutch.

7.) In multiplayer there is no rewind, however there is auto-braking. It can be turned off like any other assist.

8.) Auto-upgrade system. "generally useful script" that adds parts to a car based on top of the class. So pick A class, say auto-upgrade, and it will upgrade the car to the PI at the top of that class. If you can't afford all the upgrades for the top of A, it will get you as close as it can then stop.

9.) Auto-upgrade does NOT auto-tune the car. You must tune the car yourself still.

10.) Multiplayer is now like Halo3 and Call of Duty 4 party type of system now is how multiplayer works in FM3. Meaning there will be prebuilt game types that you can join publicly with your party, or you can just build your own private server with exactly your specifications. Things like vote to kick someone, vote to skip a track on these public servers.

11.) Examples of how public servers will be are class and type. ie C class drag, B class drift, A class road racing etc.

12.) They monitor our private matches and if a lot of people are playing a certain setup, they can make a new server based on those settings for the public server list.

13.) All multiplayer modes give you credits. There is no more career or exhibition race. If you race on forza3 in multiplayer (even like cat and mouse) you get credits.

14.) New modes not just racing. Tag mode where you tag someone they are it. There is smear the *** where someone is it, and they have to be tagged for points. There is also army/virus/zombie tag. There is now elimination mode. Finally there is now cat and mouse mode. It really sounds like they just swiped the halo setup and made it for cars.

15.) Scoring on time or drift or damage or whatever.

16.) Starting grid based on PI, gamer-score, car type etc.

17.) Delay start, let players have a 5 second lag between starts for instance.

18.) All cars in FM3 get a Performance Index (PI System). The race-cars classes are now part of the other cars classes. For example you can upgrade your car up to the R classes and through them as well. Some R class cars now have upgrades that can be done to them as well.

19.) Pi is now calculated on the ability of the car and not the ability of the AI to drive it. In FM2, to calculate PI they had the AI calculated what time it could get with each car. This had 1 flaw that the AI can not drive cars. Usually lots of power and poor tires tripped up the AI. Now in FM3, the capability of the car is represented. They hope (fingers crossed) this is more accurate of the cars potential.

"A virtual track that the system looks at. Literally looks at the cars maximum speed through each turn would be and tries to achieve that speed on every straightaway. The cars accelerate, brake, and corners with maximum perfect friction. The only way a player would be able to achieve that same performance would be to drive the car perfectly."

20.) Power-train swaps now split into engine and drivetrain swaps.

21.) Can flip cars on multiplayer. Just jostle the left stick back and forth and you can rock the car back onto its wheels.

22.) This was mentioned but is NOT confirmed yet. Every weekday (5 days a week) from now until launch 1 new car will be revealed with pictures and a little write up.

Lots of really good stuff there.  The multiplayer options I'm particularly excited about, as they seem to be head-on addressing some of the problems we had in Forza 2 trying to find a balance for the variety of game preferences and skill levels we had in the group.  The CoD4esque party system, delayed start, autobraking, and autoupgrading in particular seem like they'll really help the online play.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 28, 2009, 01:35:23 PM

Could we just name this thread "Forza 3" and stick all the news tidbits in one place?  

Done  thumbsup

There is also army/virus/zombie tag

Can we do drive-bys? Pleazzze????

Thanks for the info Pug. My gosh, it does sound like they did a lot of rework, it's not just Forza 2 with more cars and tracks. The new PI system is very interesting indeed. And I like that the race cars will now be in the same system.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:45:58 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on July 28, 2009, 01:09:06 PM

Quote from: Misguided on July 28, 2009, 11:39:30 AM

Thanks Misguided. Wonder why Kotaku just didn't include that info in their article. Weird.

So as a VIP member, I get exclusive access to these five cars:
* 2009 Aston Martin DBS
* 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
* 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
* 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
* 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)

If they had included those cars in their article it would have cut the rug out from under their rollyeyed exclamations of worthlessness. It cooler to be cynical than objective.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »

I may needs to get me the collector's edition.  Because I needed more ways to spin myself out.  At least this time around, I can flip over too!

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 11:01:32 PM »

Forza 3 sucks! Gran Turismo rules!

/runs out of the thread

smile
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »

Ah, the cry of the Playstation diehard.  slywink

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 11:13:14 PM »

3.) You get infinite rewinds per race. using time rewind will mark your lap time as "uncertified" along with anytime there is drafting in the same race.

Just got to try this today for the first time - rewind is awesome for guys like me who, y'know, suck.  It's super smooth.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »

2.) Auto-braking follows the braking line for its braking. You just steer and gas now. They said multiple times that auto-braking is NOT as fast as someone who brakes on their own. It just makes you more consistent.

if feels as though i am cheating as it is just having the break line there on Forza 2..so,i don't think i will use this,good that its there though

have we been told how many actual tracks there will be?...and hopefully not pretty much the same tracks but with a few corners reversed or taken out,like the first hour of Forza 2 seemed to be

Brendan-do you work for a games magazine or something?,its just that you got the NXE preview thing last week also,right?

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 12:19:28 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 29, 2009, 12:15:17 AM

Brendan-do you work for a games magazine or something?,its just that you got the NXE preview thing last week also,right?

Nah, I work for Microsoft.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 12:55:56 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on July 29, 2009, 12:19:28 AM

o i c

do you know how many tracks we are expecting for Forza 3?,or are you not allowed to say yet?

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 29, 2009, 12:55:56 AM

o i c

do you know how many tracks we are expecting for Forza 3?,or are you not allowed to say yet?

I don't work in games - I just had a chance to play it at our product fair earlier today.  No idea how many tracks.  icon_frown
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 01:17:49 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on July 29, 2009, 01:01:07 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 29, 2009, 12:55:56 AM

o i c

I don't work in games - I just had a chance to play it at our product fair earlier today.  No idea how many tracks.  icon_frown

ahh,okay...still,cool that you got to play it

i remember the rumours that there was gonna be 100 tracks(most probably some slightly different than others,like corners here or there and reverse tracks),with it coming on 2 discs...it will be interesting to see how many there will be

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 05:17:08 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 28, 2009, 11:01:32 PM

Forza 3 sucks! GTR 2 (Simbin) rules!

There, fixed that for you.  Tongue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »

Kotaku have more lovely pictures
http://kotaku.com/5325175/oh-look-more-forza-3-screens-and-a-european-release-date/gallery/
oh,and they also have a European release date

they say that the release date is 3rd October..which is 3 weeks earlier than the North American release,so i think there must be some mistake

a)-october 3rd is a saturday,we always get our releases on a friday
b)-we never get anything earlier than you guys

Eurogamer say October 23rd,which sounds more plausible

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 11:56:41 AM »

Nice to see that the 'Ring is back.

Lorini
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 12:23:03 PM »

Hopefully somehow someway I'll find the extra bucks to get the CE. The game sounds most excellent!!!

Now Playing:

PC: SupCom 2, DoW CR, Spectromancer
Xbox Live: Panzer General, DJ Hero, Forza 3
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 28, 2009, 11:01:32 PM

Forza 3 sucks! Gran Turismo rules!

/runs out of the thread

smile

Back when it was GT3 versus Forza 1, I agreed. However, Forza 2 managed to actually top most of what I loved about the GT games. If they give a bit more tuning control in Forza 3, it will address the only remaining complaint I had in comparison to the GT games.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »

I just want Forza 3 because I cannot play 2 online anymore.  Local and splitscreen work fine, but Xbox Live play (ever since the NXE) has been plagued with lockups and dropped players.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »

okay i have been playing Forza 2 now for a few weeks,and i like the game(played it when it was first released)..but i have to say i would like to see an improvement on some things

1-the AI

the AI,just seems to go round the track,no fighting with you or especially with other cars..i would love to see those guys fighting it out also
plus,they have a racing line where they race,a few times now i have found myself in that line,and when they try to get into that line they hit into me....and i get the penalty?!11??!!?...why the hell is that???

i try and tempt them to fight with me,and side smash into them,but that just makes me spin and them go on ahead disgust

it feels like i am racing drones or something

2-preparing for a race before

if you are in a shitty car,and you choose a race,it says the car you are in is eligible...which means,you don't get a choice of car before racing,it goes straight to the race in the car you are in
it's all very well you being in a car that is eligible,but you may have another 1-50 cars in your garage that are also eligible and are better than the piece of crap you are in right now
i find myself getting into a car,that i know wont be eligible,just so that when i choose a race it then comes up that you have however number of cars in your garage that are eligible,and then you get to choose

you should still have to choose even if you are in an eligible car,incase you have a better car in your garage

3-Menus

the whole menu system is a bit crap TBH...i am not sure if there is another way,but i have to come right out of the career mode to get to the 'Career,Arcade,multiplayer' select screen..then go into Multiplayer to choose the Auction House

is there a quicker way of getting to the auction house while you are actually in Career mode?..seems dumb to pull all the way out like that

i am loving this game again,but..things like above i think really need looking into

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 03, 2009, 01:18:33 PM

if you are in a shitty car,and you choose a race,it says the car you are in is eligible...which means,you don't get a choice of car before racing,it goes straight to the race in the car you are in
it's all very well you being in a car that is eligible,but you may have another 1-50 cars in your garage that are also eligible and are better than the piece of crap you are in right now
i find myself getting into a car,that i know wont be eligible,just so that when i choose a race it then comes up that you have however number of cars in your garage that are eligible,and then you get to choose

you should still have to choose even if you are in an eligible car,incase you have a better car in your garage

This is my #1 issue with Forza 2. I love the game, but some of the menu/option choices they made are just dumb. slywink

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 03:29:06 PM »

As much as I'd like to have these 2 cars,
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)
what I'd really like to see in the LE bundle is a good strategy guide similar to the Four Wheel Drift guide that came with Grand Prix Legends. That guide featured a real driver, included an excellent walk through of a race as well as a very detailed tuning guide with car tweaks pertinent to that same race. I still use that guide for other racing sims and I'm always impressed with the outstanding quality of it. A guide like that, or at least something else truly worthwhile, would make the LE bundle a lot more attractive to me - guess a logo keychain with USB memory stick doesn't cut it for me.  Roll Eyes
Looking at what Turn 10's throwing into the bundle just serves to remind me that this is still going to be a sim lite. I'd love to see this game feature a difficulty mode/option that would put it on par with the deeper racing sims on the PC, but this latest iteration just gives me the impression the dev's are more interested in flash and sexy cars.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on August 03, 2009, 02:58:58 PM

This is my #1 issue with Forza 2. I love the game, but some of the menu/option choices they made are just dumb. slywink

I'm a little confused what the issue is here.  If I want to race in a specific car, I go to the garage and get in it before choosing what race I want.  didn't even occur to me that this was a problem.

never noticed the AI problem either, but that's because i played almost exclusively online.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 07:29:42 PM »

The problem is that I don't know what car I'm going to want to use in a given race/series. It's no biggie in the early races, since you're just going to use a low-class car for that. But in later races, depending on the track, you'll want to use a different type of car (different class, different capabilities, etc). If you go into the race, if the car you're already in is technically eligible for that race, it doesn't prompt you to change cars, nor is there even a controller shortcut to bring up your garage from that point and then enter the race.

It would be like if, for multiplayer, you had to leave the MP lobby, go back to the main menu, and then go into your garage to pick the car you wanted to use for the next race, and then go back out to the main menu and back into the MP menu, then find your particular MP lobby again (with all the accompanying load times for menu changes.

You can change cars directly via a controller shortcut from the multiplayer racing lobby menu, so why can't you do the same when selecting a race/series in single player? It's an obvious oversight on Turn 10's part. Not a big deal in and of itself, but it really gets annoying when you sink a lot of time into the game. slywink

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 02:15:06 AM »

okay i have been playing Forza 2 now for a few weeks,and i like the game(played it when it was first released)..but i have to say i would like to see an improvement on some things

1-the AI

the AI,just seems to go round the track,no fighting with you or especially with other cars..i would love to see those guys fighting it out also
plus,they have a racing line where they race,a few times now i have found myself in that line,and when they try to get into that line they hit into me....and i get the penalty?!11??!!?...why the hell is that???

i try and tempt them to fight with me,and side smash into them,but that just makes me spin and them go on ahead disgust

it feels like i am racing drones or something

3-Menus

the whole menu system is a bit crap TBH...i am not sure if there is another way,but i have to come right out of the career mode to get to the 'Career,Arcade,multiplayer' select screen..then go into Multiplayer to choose the Auction House

is there a quicker way of getting to the auction house while you are actually in Career mode?..seems dumb to pull all the way out like that

Never noticed issue 2 (I guess I just did what the devs wanted) but 100% agree on 1 and 3.  1 got me to stop playing the game.

That being said, I'm looking forward to Forza 3 (though not as much as Dirt 2).  I am insanely annoyed at the 'exclusive' cars for the LE, but since I'd shoot myself if the DBS was in the game and I didn't get to drive it, I suppose this is one of those times I'll have to give in.

gellar
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »

I just sunk a few hours into F2 this weekend and the more I play it the more F3 is going from a day 1 to a wait for impression and reviews. I can confirm all 3 complaints that Metalic made; specifically without a doubt this has the worst menu system for any game I've ever played. For races in which you choose the wrong car, the amount of time required to jump out, choose a new car and then rejoin is absolutely pathetic. I haven't tried ripping the game, perhaps that would help, but I'm still quite skeptical. My major complaint is views - in 1 car I have a hood/bonnet view, change cars and I'm left floating in air with gauges. WTF, I could see where that would be a decent level of immersion for a spirit! Yes I'm aware that cockpit views will be added in F3, but with the amount that's borked in this game, I won't be holding my breath.

When you can pick up stellar, system resource friendly  PC racers like GTR 2 and GT Legends for $20, F2 really isn't even in the running IMO. Good thing Turn 10 has a captive audience on the 360 with little or no competition. I'm just glad it came free with my 360, because I certainly would have been pissed if I'd payed full price for it.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 04:29:42 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on August 04, 2009, 04:38:25 PM

I just sunk a few hours into F2 this weekend and the more I play it the more F3 is going from a day 1 to a wait for impression and reviews. I can confirm all 3 complaints that Metalic made; specifically without a doubt this has the worst menu system for any game I've ever played. For races in which you choose the wrong car, the amount of time required to jump out, choose a new car and then rejoin is absolutely pathetic. I haven't tried ripping the game, perhaps that would help, but I'm still quite skeptical. My major complaint is views - in 1 car I have a hood/bonnet view, change cars and I'm left floating in air with gauges. WTF, I could see where that would be a decent level of immersion for a spirit! Yes I'm aware that cockpit views will be added in F3, but with the amount that's borked in this game, I won't be holding my breath.

When you can pick up stellar, system resource friendly  PC racers like GTR 2 and GT Legends for $20, F2 really isn't even in the running IMO. Good thing Turn 10 has a captive audience on the 360 with little or no competition. I'm just glad it came free with my 360, because I certainly would have been pissed if I'd payed full price for it.

Do you really think PC racers like GTR 2 and GT Legends could make it on the 360 they would be bargain bin within a month they are niche racers at best on the pc.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 06:04:36 AM »

Quote from: pingwrx on August 05, 2009, 04:29:42 AM

Do you really think PC racers like GTR 2 and GT Legends could make it on the 360 they would be bargain bin within a month they are niche racers at best on the pc.

While I'd be the 1st person to admit GT Legends with it's retro cars is niche market, I wouldn't exactly classify GTR 2 that way. It's actually had 3 publishing runs and did some decent sales over the past 3 years. Both still have an active online community. It's true the same developer's Race Pro for 360 bombed, but that had a lot to do with the publisher -Atari- forcing it out the door before it was market ready. I'm not so sure racing games of the GTR stripe would be next months bargain binware - the same has been said about a more realistic 360 flightsim, but IL-2 Sturmovik seems to be garnering a lot of interest and buzz.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 11:54:01 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on August 05, 2009, 06:04:36 AM

I'm not so sure racing games of the GTR stripe would be next months bargain binware - the same has been said about a more realistic 360 flightsim, but IL-2 Sturmovik seems to be garnering a lot of interest and buzz.

So did Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil.  Then hardly anybody bought them.  Internet buzz doesn't always mean good sales.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on August 05, 2009, 11:54:01 AM

Quote from: kronovan on August 05, 2009, 06:04:36 AM

I'm not so sure racing games of the GTR stripe would be next months bargain binware - the same has been said about a more realistic 360 flightsim, but IL-2 Sturmovik seems to be garnering a lot of interest and buzz.

So did Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil.  Then hardly anybody bought them.  Internet buzz doesn't always mean good sales.

My reason for mentioning IL2, was because it's a more realistic flight game that seems to have gained acceptance and interest by hardcore gamers; something that probably wouldn't have happened even in recent years. I doubt it will crack the NPD top 10, but if it's decent quality it will probably do good numbers over it's lifetime.

Anyhow...the notion that there's a number of racing games that do stellar 1st month US sales on the 360 is a myth. Here's a list of some of the higher profile 360 racers with their NPD game rank and sales:

- Forza 2, rank 6 - 217k (rank 5 - 197k in it's 2nd month for a total of 414k)
- Burnout Paradise, rank 7 - 144k
- Dirt, rank 20 - less than 150k (150k was the 10th game)
- NFS Most Wanted, rank 19 - 108k (All other NFS games didn't rank in the top 20)
- Grid, didn't rank in top 20 - less than 217k (217 was the 10th game)
- Midnight Club LA, didn't rank in top 20 - less than 97k
- Project Gotham Racing 4, didn't rank in top 20 - less than 117k

So other than Forza 2, there really hasn't been any racer close to a top selling 360 game. The key thing IMO is multiplatform and long term sales. F2 and PGR 4, being MS published, are the only single platform games in that list. By branch developing on multiple platforms, and more importantly the racer friendly PC, dev's like Codemasters can protect their investment. Dirt 2 is a good example - the 1st game only ranked 20 1st month on the 360, but Codemasters obviously thought it viable to make a sequel. Sure GTR 2, like most other 360 racers, wouldn't crack the NPD top 20, but as the 360 install base grows the long term potential is there. Meanwhile it already payed for itself with it's PC sales.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:55:03 PM by kronovan » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »

Teamxbox have some more pictures up,here are a few

(they actually have loads of new pictures,make sure to click on the gallery and then keep scrolling,all the August 6th pictures add up to about 50..and then there are some from August 4th)
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20477/Forza-Motorsport-3-Screenshots/

wow,look at this!!

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 03:49:31 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 06, 2009, 03:38:47 PM

Teamxbox have some more pictures up,here are a few

(they actually have loads of new pictures,make sure to click on the gallery and then keep scrolling,all the August 6th pictures add up to about 50..and then there are some from August 4th)
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20477/Forza-Motorsport-3-Screenshots/

wow,look at this!!

1, that's Maple Valley Long...and you can't normally see over the edge of the bridge on that map...that's new (the same trick happens in the Japanese course...Suzuka Long I believe, you can't see over the bridge to the rest of the track).

2,  *droool* Beautiful cockpit shot.  Can't wait to see how the other cars looks.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on August 06, 2009, 03:49:31 PM

2,  *droool* Beautiful cockpit shot.  Can't wait to see how the other cars looks.
This is one of the reasons I stuck with Test Drive Unlimited for so long. The cars had great cockpit views and it was fun just to cruise all over Oahu that way.

Oo, oo! I just thought of a great DLC for Forza 3! Give me a download of, say Liberty City icon_wink so I can cruise to my heart's content. Or, honestly even better, GTA San Andreas. OK, the graphics were kind of sucky compared to GTA4, but there's some great cruising to be found there. Or maybe just import Oahu from TDU?

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »

I must admit, the vehicles and scenerey look very good. Is that cockpit shot of a parked car? Please tell me they've modeled the drivers arms and gloves.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »

Love the Forza 2 to Forza 3 comparison shots:

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »

Holy hell is this game pretty.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up