Let's all happily put 2016 in the rearview and get 2017 started. I played everything under the sun in 2016
, but actually finished very few games. We'll see if this year fares any better. FINISHED IN 2017
- Final Fantasy XIV. This one will likely just be ongoing for the next couple years. Get to the end of the story, grind for gear, wait for next patch/expansion. Rinse, repeat. (all the hours)
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: I technically "beat" this last year, but have gone back through and beaten the "Ultimate Score" for every song and unlocked every character. Now it's finished.
- Nier Automata (PS4). I finished the first of 4 main endings. Enjoyed it, but it hasn't quite blown me away yet like the previous game did. Will keep going for the other 4. (15 hours, so far)Currently Playing
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (3DS)
- Zelda: BotW (WiiU)
- Pocket Card Jocket (3DS)Played and Gave Up On
- Dragon Quest VIII (3DS). Turns out my tolerance for old-school, grindy JRPG's is very low these days. Got about 15 hours in before getting bored.
- Neverwinter (PS4). While it's the best console MMO not named FF XIV, the end-game grind just isn't very fun in this one, and there's absolutely zero sense of community.
- Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4). Got about 50 hours in before wandering off to other things.
- Uncharted 4 (PS4). This series just does not click with me, at all. I just get bored every time, even though the productions values are off the charts. Around 8 hours.