:~2014 is here
, a strange year in which I played one game exclusively for 9 months. A first for me.FINISHED IN 2015
- Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition - PS4 - A
(Jan 17). D3 is apparently just going to be an annual entry on this list, as this is now the 6th time I've beaten it. Barbarian up to 70, starting on Adventure and rift modes now. This version proves that console really is the best way to play D3.
- Bayonetta 2 - Wii U - A+
(Feb 8 ). I didn't think there was any way they could top the first Bayonetta, but somehow they did. An absolute joy to play from start to finish. 8 hours.
- Super Mario 3D World - Wii U - A
(Feb 10). A major gaming breakthrough, as this is the first Mario game I've ever completed. Far more fun than I expected, and Little B 5.11 loved watching me play as well. 10 hours (?)
- Jazzpunk - PC - Potato
(Feb 28). Since I have no idea what the hell I just played, I'll just go ahead and rate it accordingly. Bizarre, nonsensical, hilarious, and insane. 2 hours.
- Final Fantasy Type 0 - PS4 - B-
(April 2). It's got it's thrilling moments and the combat and character development is a blast, but it can also be overly grindy, frustrating, and just...weird. 30 hours.Currently Playing
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PC)
- Elder Scrolls Online (PC)
- Elite Dangerous (PC)Played and Gave Up On
- Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PC). A "classic" JRPG that is decent, but not interesting enough to really hold my attention when the next shiny comes along. 11 hours.
- Resogun (PS4). Stuck on one of the levels and can't finish. Game gives me a headache as well. 2 hours.
- Wolfenstein The New Order (PC) - Felt like a bog-standard FPS that never became terribly interesting. I've heard the story gets better in the later stages, but I was too bored to get that far. 4 hours
- Lords of the Fallen (PC) - I am just not the audience for these overly difficult dark fantasy action games. I love the aesthetic and the overall feel, but the difficulty always turns me off. Same problem as Dark Souls. 2 hours.
- War for the Overworld (PC) - A fantastic (if buggy) version of Dungeon Keeper. Still playing a ton in skirmish mode, but the campaign is too hard for me.