Let's all happily put 2016 in the rearview and get 2017 started. I played everything under the sun in 2016
, but actually finished very few games. We'll see if this year fares any better. FINISHED IN 2017
- Final Fantasy XIV. A
. This one will likely just be ongoing for the next couple years. Get to the end of the story, grind for gear, wait for next patch/expansion. Rinse, repeat. (all the hours)
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS) - February 6 - A
. I technically "beat" this last year, but have gone back through and beaten the "Ultimate Score" for every song and unlocked every character. Now it's finished.
- Nier Automata (PS4) - March 28 - A-
. I finished the first two endings, and started the third. Enjoyed it, but it hasn't quite blown me away yet like the previous game did. Will keep going for the other 4. (28 hours, so far)
- Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - April 4 - A++++
. I never expected to enjoy this, and came away completely thrilled with it. Possibly my favorite game of this generation, so far. Incredible world, an amazing heroine, a brilliant story, and engaging combat. Just stellar all around.Currently Playing
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (3DS)
- Pocket Card Jockey (3DS)
- Personal 5 (PS4)
- Torment: Tides of Numeria (PC)Played and Gave Up On
- Dragon Quest VIII (3DS). Turns out my tolerance for old-school, grindy JRPG's is very low these days. Got about 15 hours in before getting bored.
- Neverwinter (PS4). While it's the best console MMO not named FF XIV, the end-game grind just isn't very fun in this one, and there's absolutely zero sense of community.
- Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4). Got about 50 hours in before wandering off to other things.
- Uncharted 4 (PS4). This series just does not click with me, at all. I just get bored every time, even though the productions values are off the charts. Around 8 hours.
- Zelda: BotW (WiiU). Couldn't hold a candle to Horizon Zero Dawn. Just seemed so dull in comparison, with no interesting story or characters to speak of. About 6 hours.