http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 03:57:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Formula1 (PS3) at CVG-Jesus ouch Christ  (Read 1624 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:03:34 PM »

Well, I was looking forward to this game even though I dont care generally for realistic racers after trying the demo (damn the graphics are good), but CV&G has smacked the utter crap out of the game, giving it a 4.8/10. Review: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158214. Hmmm-cross this off the list for sure frown
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:04:24 PM »

No R&P until 3/03/07

rules ban
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »

Great review.  I love the conclusion:

We should mention the Career mode, where you work to impress better teams, or the regular Championship mode or the ability to scale right up to a full GP. Yes we should, just as we mentioned them when they appeared in Formula One 05. But if your dinner's so undercooked it's bleeding, it doesn't really matter how ornate the plate is, does it?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »

I have not been called to the wisdom of this world,
But to a God who's calling out to me,
And even though the world may think I'm losing touch with reality,
It would be crazy to choose this world over eternity.

No R&P until 3/03/07

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:11:34 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on February 15, 2007, 10:05:59 PM

Great review.  I love the conclusion:

We should mention the Career mode, where you work to impress better teams, or the regular Championship mode or the ability to scale right up to a full GP. Yes we should, just as we mentioned them when they appeared in Formula One 05. But if your dinner's so undercooked it's bleeding, it doesn't really matter how ornate the plate is, does it?
|

LOL, yeah it was funny.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 10:16:04 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 15, 2007, 10:07:16 PM

No R&P until 3/03/07

Umm..not owned, just distracting from talking about the review frown Go annoy CK ATB, im like at work or something.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:16:04 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on February 15, 2007, 10:07:16 PM

No R&P until 3/03/07

Umm..not owned, just distracting from talking about the review frown Go annoy CK ATB, im like at work or something.

Derailment doesn't necessarily take away from suggested ownage.  Two very different things.  I found the irony of ATB referring to the ban on religion and politics until the beginning of March to be more interesting than the review.   

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »

Um, go away now sir.  disgust
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 15, 2007, 10:26:01 PM

I found ATB to be more interesting than the review.   

Get ye to the man love thread.

Oh and Calvin?

PWNT!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 10:35:41 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:28:52 PM

Odd.  It seems the feeling is mutual.  Although I never recall asking you to leave my first thread, even after your less-than-amusing comments and attempted derailment.  Is it not as entertaining when on the receiving end?  

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:35:51 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 15, 2007, 10:35:21 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on February 15, 2007, 10:26:01 PM

I found ATB to be more interesting than the review.   

Get ye to the man love thread.

Oh and Calvin?

PWNT!
DAMN YOU SIR DAMN YOU!!!!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 10:36:21 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 15, 2007, 10:35:41 PM

Odd.  It seems the feeling is mutual.  Although I never recall asking you to leave my first thread, even after your less-than-amusing comments and attempted derailment.  Is it not as entertaining when on the receiving end?  

Um, are you somehow missing the humor/sarcasm or in a bad mood today?
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:36:21 PM

Nope.  I just have a limited amount of heterosexual man-love to spread around, and ATB seems to be pining for all of it, leaving little left for anyone else.  Plus, after that very first post I've found your "humor/sarcasm" a bit suspect.  I didn't find it funny then, and so perhaps I'm a little more weary of it now.

However, my initial impression could very well be way off base, and you were only purposely choosing specific attributes of my personality in order to highlight your intended sarcasm and humor, and rather than recognize the humor, I took it to be more malicious than entertaining.  If I am wrong in my impression, please let me know, and I will happily lighten up about our rappour.   
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:42:28 PM by PeteRock » Logged

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 10:39:33 PM »

Hmm... as someone who's spent a lot of time with the demo, I'd have to say I disagree with their conclusion on the handling.  I really like the way the game drives, and as someone who has literally played every F1 game released since 2000 on the PC and consoles... I'd have to say I have a good base of knowledge to draw from.  In fact, I'm not even certain he and I were playing the same game.

Also, the writer seems to have a bone to pick with F1 in general and I find a lot of his "insights" on how handling should work pretty laughable at best.

Poor review, particularly as it doesn't cover anything other than the handling of the game.

Still on my preorder list.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 15, 2007, 10:39:02 PM

Nope.  I just have a limited amount of heterosexual man-love to spread around, and ATB seems to be pining for all of it, leaving little left for anyone else.  Plus, after that very first post I've found your "humor/sarcasm" a bit suspect.  I didn't find it funny then, and so perhaps I'm a little more weary of it now.

Ok I am stumped, we've been interacting here and on Xboxlive for several months with no issue, I make a regular thread and have my normal dustups with ATB, and suddenly you dredge all this up because you didn't find my response to the derailment funny even though it was clearly in jest? I am sorry, that strikes me as very odd. Well, I guess if thats how you are feeling then...ok. Lets just take it elsewhere as this thread was theoretically to talk about a PS3 review and this is not serving that purpose.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »

Pete, I think you are taking Calvin's comments the wrong way. He was just joking.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 10:48:06 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 15, 2007, 10:39:33 PM

Hmm... as someone who's spent a lot of time with the demo, I'd have to say I disagree with their conclusion on the handling.  I really like the way the game drives, and as someone who has literally played every F1 game released since 2000 on the PC and consoles... I'd have to say I have a good base of knowledge to draw from.  In fact, I'm not even certain he and I were playing the same game.

Also, the writer seems to have a bone to pick with F1 in general and I find a lot of his "insights" on how handling should work pretty laughable at best.

Poor review, particularly as it doesn't cover anything other than the handling of the game.

gellar

Since he didn't mention them-are the career modes good stuff? Do they give a sense of unlocking stuff, moving up the ladder, etc?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 10:50:27 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:48:06 PM

gellar

Since he didn't mention them-are the career modes good stuff? Do they give a sense of unlocking stuff, moving up the ladder, etc?

Those weren't in the demo, sir.  I likely will be quasi reviewing this for BC when I get my hands on it at the end of the month.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 10:51:50 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 15, 2007, 10:50:27 PM

gellar

Those weren't in the demo, sir.  I likely will be quasi reviewing this for BC when I get my hands on it at the end of the month.

gellar
I was asking more in relation to last years game, I know it wasn't in the demo silly smile Let me know when you get it so I can pick your brain.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 10:54:05 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:51:50 PM

Quote from: gellar on February 15, 2007, 10:50:27 PM

gellar

gellar
I was asking more in relation to last years game, I know it wasn't in the demo silly smile Let me know when you get it so I can pick your brain.

There actually hasn't been an F1 game of note released in the US in quite some time... so hard to say.

gellar
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 10:55:35 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:03:34 PM

Well, I was looking forward to this game even though I dont care generally for realistic racers after trying the demo (damn the graphics are good), but CV&G has smacked the utter crap out of the game, giving it a 4.8/10. Review: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158214. Hmmm-cross this off the list for sure frown

But the demo is early beta code, the final product will miraculously be unbelievable!   slywink

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 10:56:46 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on February 15, 2007, 10:55:35 PM

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:03:34 PM

But the demo is early beta code, the final product will miraculously be unbelievable!   slywink

If the final product is better than the demo, I will be in racer heaven.

gellar
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 11:02:44 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:41:17 PM

Ok I am stumped, we've been interacting here and on Xboxlive for several months with no issue, I make a regular thread and have my normal dustups with ATB, and suddenly you dredge all this up because you didn't find my response to the derailment funny even though it was clearly in jest? I am sorry, that strikes me as very odd. Well, I guess if thats how you are feeling then...ok. Lets just take it elsewhere as this thread was theoretically to talk about a PS3 review and this is not serving that purpose.

You've got PM.

I apologize for the misunderstanding (and the derailment), and it seems that comments made quite some time ago were taken the wrong way (by me).  I misunderstood Calvin's sarcasm and humor and took his comments more seriously than they were intended, and I've harbored some dislike toward Calvin from that very first day, always wondering if his sarcasm is meant in jest or if it has malicious intent.  Now that I know that I've been completely way off base, and that my impressions were horribly innacurate from the very beginning, I owe Calvin an apology and hope that he and I can move beyond my asshattery.  I'm sorry, Calvin.  I've been wrong and I hope you can understand my mistake.

Sorry all for the derailment.  I'm also sorry that in third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

There, now I feel so much better.  Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 11:03:48 PM »

Pansy.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 11:05:23 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 15, 2007, 11:02:44 PM

Quote from: Calvin on February 15, 2007, 10:41:17 PM

You've got PM.

I apologize for the misunderstanding (and the derailment), and it seems that comments made quite some time ago were taken the wrong way (by me).  I misunderstood Calvin's sarcasm and humor and took his comments more seriously than they were intended, and I've harbored some dislike toward Calvin from that very first day, always wondering if his sarcasm is meant in jest or if it has malicious intent.  Now that I know that I've been completely way off base, and that my impressions were horribly innacurate from the very beginning, I owe Calvin an apology and hope that he and I can move beyond my asshattery.  I'm sorry, Calvin.  I've been wrong and I hope you can understand my mistake.

Sorry all for the derailment.  I'm also sorry that in third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

There, now I feel so much better.  Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

We are cool in my book and I wrote you book. Appreciate the note in PM and the note here. MOVE ON NOW. ATB you are not needed.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 11:19:12 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 15, 2007, 11:03:48 PM

Pansy.

gellar

You just want me because I'm sensitive.  Wow, did I manage to derail this.  At least for once a PS3 thread didn't degrade into 360 vs. Hetz (I mean PS3  icon_wink) argument again.  Just doing my part to keep the peace.   icon_smile

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 12:26:29 AM »

Yeah I'm not going to take much stock in a review from a reviewer who obviously does NOT like racing in general. Seriously, the demo is awesome and the handling is great. I'm not sure the reviewer even played the game.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:47 AM »

You ladies gonna kiss now?  I like watching ladies kiss.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 06:43:53 AM »

the screenshots look okay...the second one looks a bit jagged...but i am sure it will look great when its running

i wouldnt mind a F1 game for the 360,i like my formula 1 on a sunday afternoon on the TV

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: