http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 05:14:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget 360, may get PS2 to play Shadow of the Colossus!  (Read 3217 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2005, 11:35:42 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
BlahblahblargityblargityIAMCALMblargOVEREACTIONblahblahIWillExitThisThreadNowblarg

Simmer Down Now
Sorry.  I had to!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2005, 02:24:41 AM »

Heck, I'd like to hear more about Deadlocked. Looks intriguing. Off to do some searches.

mikeg! This is my answer to the thread asking if anyone takes their PS2 online... Cool

There's quite an online community - including me and some other GT members - for Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked. It has a single player game, if you like R & C type games (I don't, and haven't played that part for more than five minutes) I got it because it has great online components, with the usual Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, teamplay, etc. There's a small amount of jumping and swinging, but not so much that it's annoying. And there are always games available - the trick is finding the "normal" people - it's easy to find the trash-talking brats, lol.

Send me an email (not PM, can't keep that thing empty) if you want to try it someday. I can hook you up with some mature folks and a few names to avoid!

EDIT to add: don't forget to check the "Multiplayer Gaming" forum!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2005, 03:49:51 AM »

Quote from: "Gratch"

FWIW, SotC didn't do much for me either.  I could appreciate the scope, creativity, and artistry, but it just wasn't much fun.  Once you got past the 'wow' factor of what they did, it simply wasn't that engaging of a game.

simply wasn't that engaging of a game? You are just asking for a flamewar, aren't you? You could have stop at SotC didn't do much for me and not took a swipe at the game.smile

SotC is one of the most innovative game ever. I think like GTA3 which introduce the free roaming city which are now being copied in other games and become a normal feature, the huge and climbable monster feature from SotC will be copied in future action game.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2005, 04:08:56 AM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"
Quote from: "Gratch"
Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

FWIW, SotC didn't do much for me either.  I could appreciate the scope, creativity, and artistry, but it just wasn't much fun.  Once you got past the 'wow' factor of what they did, it simply wasn't that engaging of a game.

simply wasn't that engaging of a game? You are just asking for a flamewar, aren't you? You could have stop at SotC didn't do much for me and not took a swipe at the game.smile

Sorry, I probably should have said it wasn't that engaging for me.  I can certainly see how people would go nuts over it, but it just didn't grab me like I was hoping it would.  I honestly wanted to like SotC, but just...didn't.  

I'm really not trying to start a flame war.  Honest!  smile

I think like GTA3 which introduce the free roaming city which are now being copied in other games and become a normal feature...

This being a good thing is debatable.  I actively dislike the whole free roaming concept (I despise the GTA games), but then again, I'm probably not your typical gamer.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2005, 05:39:02 AM »

Hehehe Gratch either I missed your sarcasm or you missed Victoria Raverna's
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2005, 02:53:28 PM »

As best as I can tell, Hetz and DiamondDecision came to an understanding and set their differences aside about halfway down Page 1 of this thread.  Why are so many people determined to keep slamming Hetz about this thread, and who do they think they're helping by trying to provoke some big confrontation here?

-Autistic Angel
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2005, 03:35:43 PM »

I bought SotC over the weekend, yet I'm reluctant to open it.

It is very rare that I pay full price for a game, yet I don't think SotC is likely to drop in price in the near future.

Also, I have yet to complete Ico...but that probably doesn't apply as it's not a true sequel.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2005, 06:15:54 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
As best as I can tell, Hetz and DiamondDecision came to an understanding and set their differences aside about halfway down Page 1 of this thread.  Why are so many people determined to keep slamming Hetz about this thread, and who do they think they're helping by trying to provoke some big confrontation here?

-Autistic Angel

I agree, let's get back to describing why SotC rules so much.  

Reason #47: the ending.  Even though there is almost no story for the first 95% of the game, the ending ranks up there with the all time greats and has a suprising amount of emotional impact - way more than the Ico ending everybody raves about IMHO.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2005, 06:19:40 PM »

Quote from: "ChaoZ"
Also, I have yet to complete Ico...but that probably doesn't apply as it's not a true sequel.

Wellll, it's, uh ... it's something. Hard to say exactly what, though. Finish Ico. It's got a great end-game sequence.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2005, 06:22:38 PM »

I never understood all the love for Ico.  I played it through and came away with a very "meh" feeling, and was pretty disappointed with SoTC.  The camera was horrid in SoTC.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2005, 06:35:28 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
I never understood all the love for Ico.  I played it through and came away with a very "meh" feeling, and was pretty disappointed with SoTC.  The camera was horrid in SoTC.

That was one of my biggest gripes as well.  I felt like I was fighting the controls more than I was fighting the Collossus (Collossi?).

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2005, 09:27:58 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
Reason #47: the ending.

Amen.  And seriously, I could probably name #46 reasons before the ending that make the game great.

And I really didn't have a problem with the camera.  Nor did I have problems with Kingdom Hearts camera.  Maybe I love shitty camera-systems?

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2005, 09:32:36 PM »

Play Tenchu and get back to me.  slywink

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2005, 12:46:29 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

And I really didn't have a problem with the camera.  Nor did I have problems with Kingdom Hearts camera.  Maybe I love shitty camera-systems?

Heh, as much as I <3 SotC I will have to admit that the camera did get frustrating in a bunch of places - especially on the last colossi.  Don't even get me started on how much I hated the Kingdom Hearts camera smile

One of the best compliments I found for SotC was over on another message board that accurately sums up why I enjoyed it so much:
"I love how epic moments sponteneously happen semi-regularly in this game."

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2005, 01:01:48 AM »

That's a good statement to describe SotC biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2005, 03:18:41 AM »

I put up a SotC review on my site recently.  As always, feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2005, 03:43:04 AM »

Quote from: "Hrothgar"
I put up a SotC review on my site recently.  As always, feedback is appreciated.

I liked how you specifically talked about Agro - what a great companion.  I also patted him after going through something tough and when he came back to the temple so I could go slay some more colossi.  

Spoiler (wouldn't read unless you have completed the game):

Spoiler for Hiden:
And on the way to the last colossi, man alive, that was shocking and horrible.  I'm glad Agro showed up again, PHEW!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: