http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 06:16:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget 360, may get PS2 to play Shadow of the Colossus!  (Read 3294 times)
DiamondDecison
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2005, 12:37:41 PM »

Wow!  I currently own an Xbox but am seriously thinking about getting a PS2 just so I can play Shadow of the Colossus.   I haven't seen a game that captured my attention like this has for a longgggggggg time!

Anyone have it?  Is it as great as it looks?  How tough is it?  How is ingame saving handled?
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 01:21:57 PM »

Quote from: "DiamondDecison"
Wow!  I currently own an Xbox but am seriously thinking about getting a PS2 just so I can play Shadow of the Colossus.   I haven't seen a game that captured my attention like this has for a longgggggggg time!

Anyone have it?  Is it as great as it looks?  How tough is it?  How is ingame saving handled?

Forget 360? You are just asking for a flamewar aren't you? You could have just said "May get PS2 to play Shadow of the Colossus" and not took a swipe at the 360. I'm not going to take the bait though.

Anyway, I have it. It's pretty good, but I don't know if I would just buy a system for it. It's not THAT good and it's certainly not my favorite PS2 game.  It is pretty tough. Oh and the graphics are rather rough. It looks good, but then not so good at the same time. You know?

Have fun with your PS2.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 01:36:30 PM »

I absolutely love it.  Am on my second pass in Hard mode that you unlock.  I think Res 4, God of War, and Shadow are more than enough reasons to buy a system.  Then there are tons more to enjoy.  Yes, unquestionably, the graphics are not cutting edge but quite frankly in the 3 games I mentioned they are fine.  As a matter of fact I like the look of God of War better than 60% of the games I have played on my Xbox.  

I think you will enjoy your PS2 purchase.  And think how many games, at the discounted prices now, you can get for the $500 it takes to even get to square one with the 360.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 02:32:31 PM »

You'll love the PS2.  Get ICO while you're at it - its sort of the prequel to Shadow of the Colossus.

Quote from: "Hetz on his mighty steed with lance in hand ready to protect the honor of the 360"
Forget 360? You are just asking for a flamewar aren't you? You could have just said "May get PS2 to play Shadow of the Colossus" and not took a swipe at the 360. I'm not going to take the bait though.

Jeez Hetz - don't be so defensive.  You make yourself an easy target.

DD - is there some reason why you aren't using your regular account? http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=114
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 02:47:10 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
You'll love the PS2.  Get ICO while you're at it - its sort of the prequel to Shadow of the Colossus.

Quote from: "Hetz on his mighty steed with lance in hand ready to protect the honor of the 360"

DD - is there some reason why you aren't using your regular account? http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=114

An easy target for what? Trolls?

Anyway, I just don't think it's good to start off a thread taking a swipe at another system that you can't afford/find/want to make a point about getting another system. It's just asking for trouble.

DiamondDecison
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 02:47:38 PM »

Funny you should ask about that!  I tried signing in *repeatedly* and it said it was either a bad password or inactive.  Screw that.  I setup the EXACT same account again and signed on with that.

I just figured you guys reset all the account stuff since you went to GamingTrend.  I guess that isn't true.
DiamondDecison
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 02:49:14 PM »

Hetz, how did I diss the 360?  All I was saying was that a PS2 game looked so good, you could forget about the 360.

Honestly, you are thin-skinned for sure.

Quote from: "Hetz"

Anyway, I just don't think it's good to start off a thread taking a swipe at another system that you can't afford/find/want to make a point about getting another system. It's just asking for trouble.
DiamondDecison
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 02:50:23 PM »

Well, looks like I can't even spell my own account name correctly. LOL!  Can you guys fix this all up for me?
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 02:53:18 PM »

Hetz, how did I diss the 360?  All I was saying was that a PS2 game looked so good, you could forget about the 360.

Honestly, you are thin-skinned for sure.

Ok, I'm ending this before it gets worse.

Enjoy your PS2!!!  biggrin

DiamondDecison
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 02:57:57 PM »

"...it is pretty tough"

Hetz, can you elaborate?  I *hate* games that I have to play sections over and over and over and over.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 03:16:39 PM »

I found it not too tough.  Yes, there are a few bosses that the hardest part was just figuring HOW to beat them and that made me try and try and try, but once you do you can usually do it in one or two times.  It's no Ninja Gaiden AT ALL.  Trust me.

As for the thread mentioning the 360, I don't have a problem with it because there are far  more people on the fence about one than are getting one I am sure and discussions like this only help them get past the 'I have to have this new thingie' feeling.  Honestly, I have two of em and sold one to a friend at cost and may not even keep the other.  I am still deciding and  discussions like this only strengthen my feelings that I could wait.  And now that Gears of War will not be out til July, the decision is getting easier.    

But as for Shadow, I would not miss this game because some of the fights are tough.  The good thing is you respawn right at the beginning of the fight and you don't have to traverse the whole map each time like you did to just find the sucker.  And don't forget there are some walkthroughs out there that can spell it out quite succinctly if your patience runs thin.  I did on one.  Just couldn't find out how to beat it.  But even reading the walkthrough didn't make actually pulling off what he said to do a piece of cake.  Loved, and still do love it, through and through.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 03:18:51 PM »

Wow Hetz I don't think I've ever seen a more rabid fanboy in all my years on game forums.
Whether its games or systems you really do jump on the bandwagon to protect your "current" favorite with a little too much zeal.

I know I've opened myself up to your wrath but geez guy, in the words of my teenager..Take a huge friggin chill pill..

Grace: Unmerited favor.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 03:51:02 PM »

Well, looks like I can't even spell my own account name correctly. LOL!  Can you guys fix this all up for me?

Can you go to the log in screen, type in your regular name (spelled correctly of course  Tongue ) and then click the "I forgot my password" option?  It should either send your password to the email address that's on file when you registered or reset your password and let you put a new one in.
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 04:10:28 PM »

Done.  That was weird.  I was able to just sign in with my old account.  I could *not* do that this morning.

Can you go to the log in screen, type in your regular name (spelled correctly of course  Tongue ) and then click the "I forgot my password" option?  It should either send your password to the email address that's on file when you registered or reset your password and let you put a new one in.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 04:58:20 PM »

To stay on topic, yes SotC looks and plays that good - maybe even better smile  It is entirely worth buying a PS2 for (and they're so cheap these days, there's no reason you can't have a 360 and a PS2) smile

Dooo eeett!!

To answer you questions specifically:
1) The game looks awesome - one of the better looking games for any system.  The main character himself is fairly low poly and while he's well animated, it's a tiny bit more jerky than, say, the main character of Ico.  That said, the Colossi and the environment itself look and animate suberbly.  There was a few times I had problems believing my little PS2 was putting out such cool looking stuff.

2) Difficulty - honestly?  I found it a little bit on the easy side.  Half of the game is spent simply riding around looking for the next colossi, and the other half is fighting the colossi themselves.  The colossi fights are extremely dramatic and I had a few go on for 20-30 sweat covered minutes, but for the most part it's due to solving the 'puzzle' of the particular beast you are fighting.  I didn't find any of them particularly hard, and only got briefly stuck on maybe 2 or 3 colossi.

3) Save games - everytime you beat a colossi, you are teleported back to the temple and given the option to save the game.  Beyond that, there are temples scattered fairly frequently across the land that let you stop and save at them.  The temples also house another handy little secret....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 05:08:05 PM »

Did you play the demo?  If so then chances are you'll love it since it just scratches the surface of the fantastic things to come.

Visually, while rough in a few spots and a somewhat sluggish framerate, its still one of the most visually stunning game I've ever seen on any platform (including 360 and PC).  There are some sights later in the game that are just awe inspiring.  

I don't think its very tough- just *different*.  The mechanics of the game are fairly unique so it takes a Collossus or two to get used to them but after that you'll be bringing down like a champ.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 05:17:45 PM »

The thing about the game that is most awe inspiring is the way the developers went out of their way to set up those cinematic moments that are the makers of truly mind blowing screen shots.  It is a combo of camera angles and perspective and sound that together just made me stop and go WOW many times over.  I never got, nor get, tired of that 'moment' when the behemoth awakens.  Love it.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2005, 05:19:59 PM »

Quote from: "Arclight"
Wow Hetz I don't think I've ever seen a more rabid fanboy in all my years on game forums.
Whether its games or systems you really do jump on the bandwagon to protect your "current" favorite with a little too much zeal.

I know I've opened myself up to your wrath but geez guy, in the words of my teenager..Take a huge friggin chill pill..

You don't hang out at IGN, Gamespot, Gaming Age or basicly any other console forum do you? You think I'm bad, just go to one of those forums. You would be in for a world of hurt over there. I just don't think starting a thread with a swipe at another console that you don't have, then ask a question about something different is that good an idea....cause it turns into threads like this....

Anyway, this topic is not about me, it's about the PS2 (and the 360 in a way thanks to the thread title) why don't you try to stay on the topic at hand?

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 05:21:48 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I found it not too tough.  Yes, there are a few bosses that the hardest part was just figuring HOW to beat them and that made me try and try and try, but once you do you can usually do it in one or two times.  It's no Ninja Gaiden AT ALL.  Trust me.

As for the thread mentioning the 360, I don't have a problem with it because there are far  more people on the fence about one than are getting one I am sure and discussions like this only help them get past the 'I have to have this new thingie' feeling.  Honestly, I have two of em and sold one to a friend at cost and may not even keep the other.  I am still deciding and  discussions like this only strengthen my feelings that I could wait.  And now that Gears of War will not be out til July, the decision is getting easier.    

Dude, just sell it and be done with it. It's obvious that you really don't want it so why in the world would you keep it? There are plenty of other people that really do want it. Be nice and let someone else have it that wants it.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 05:41:22 PM »

Hetz said "Anyway, this topic is not about me, it's about the PS2 (and the 360 in a way thanks to the thread title) why don't you try to stay on the topic at hand?

Then why do you insist in making threads about you? Just answer peoples flippin questions without putting them down.
You certainly can come across as one self-righteous son-of-a-gun mate, no kidding.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 05:48:40 PM »

DD, I'd pick up a slim PS2 just because the library is fantastic. I grabbed one in the summer and I love it. So many stellar games for it (as there are for all of the consoles).

SotC is a great game as well. The controls take a little time getting used to, as does the camera, and the frame rates can be a little shaky, but it's just such a fun game. It is why we play video games. I didn't find the game particularily difficult. In fact, I wish it had been a little harder, but then it's one of those games that you wish never ended. It may be just a little over-hyped, but it's still one of many great reasons to buy a PS2.

And if you wind up loving it, try to pick up a game called Ico as well.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 05:49:53 PM »

Hetz, you're probably right, but it is a big decision for me.  At best I should probably just shut up about it and keep the decision to myself.  Which I will promptly do now.  Thanks for making it easy to do.

Back to the topic.  DD, the main thing about the game for me was after beating one boss I couldn't hardly stand to not continue just to see what the next one was like. (bad english I know). And boy, when you come across that first one that can fly, you will be enthralled.  Guarantee.  Very cool moment.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 05:53:07 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
DD, the main thing about the game for me was after beating one boss I couldn't hardly stand to not continue just to see what the next one was like.

Yeah, totally. It's one of those "just one more" kind of games, and where you never want to turn the system off. Then you realize that it's four in the morning. And you're covered in pasta sauce.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 06:02:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Yeah, totally. It's one of those "just one more" kind of games, and where you never want to turn the system off. Then you realize that it's four in the morning. And you're covered in pasta sauce.

Between the promise of rhythm games (Dance, Dance Revolution, Guitar Heroes), all the praise for God of War, and this thread heralding Shadow of the Colussus, I was ready to stick a PS2 in the priority slot on my Christmas list.

That is, until I read the above.  Pasta sauce?  Now I am most decidedly, as Devil would put it, "OUT!"

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »

Hetz, just for an objective impression - I own all the systems - I took his "Forget the 360" more to mean "Forget all this other talk that's been going on - I just discovered Shadow of the Colossus".  

I can relate to it because at the launch of the PSP, which I wasn't going to get - practically every post was about the PSP, and for me it was getting a little tiring.  If I'd just discovered a DS game, I might've said "Forget the PSP, check this game out!" - and it wouldn't have been meant as a slam at all.

I'm not trying to extend this part of the thread... but I do have to keep up my rep as honorary den mother!  Tongue

And DD - if Qwayve doesn't weigh in on the Shadow recommendations, you should shoot a PM that way - the definitive Colossus fan!  Cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
depward

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »

Hetz - for the love of Jesus quit jumping into threads and defending the 360 like it's your newborn child.  That was HARDLY a "swipe" at the 360.

And then you write some BS about how SotC has "rough graphics" and how it's "not that good."  Let me guess . . . if SotC came out for, say, a Microsoft console . . . you would probably be singing its praises?  Am I right?  If someone writes something about any other console, please don't think they have a personal vendetta against Microsoft.  It's getting old.

Get a PS2 DD.  Shadow is a great game!  Plus there are a whole slew of other games you're missing out too!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 06:47:38 PM »

It's not THAT good and it's certainly not my favorite PS2 game.  It is pretty tough. Oh and the graphics are rather rough. It looks good, but then not so good at the same time. You know?

Take everything Hetz said and make it the OPPOSITE and those are my feelings.

It's one of the greatest games ever made.  It's a genre-busting, generation-defining masterpiece that should be experienced by real gamers everywhere.  I can understand how it wouldn't appeal to non-gamers, it just wouldn't.  But if you're a gamer, and you appreciate games for any reason, artistically, technically; this one exceeds in every catagory imaginable.  

Ingame saving is slick.  There are shrines littered all around the land where you can save it.  There's usually a shrine near a few colossi - and don't forget to hunt down the white-tailed lizards at those shrines!

I was scared away from SotC because of the reviewer's saying it was too tough and whatever, but really, I died maybe once-twice while fighting a colossi.  Hell, I died more just exploring the landscape!!  If you're stuck on a colossi, just rest to gain your health back, and look at the situation fresh.  Shine your sword to find a weakpoint and if you can't shine the sword (because of lack of sunlight - you'll learn this, don't worry about it), then go where you *think* a weakpoint will be, and there will most likely be a weakpoint there.  The difficulty of SotC is WILDLY exaggerated.

The PS2 is a wonderful system - enjoy it!

TheMissingLink on PSN
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2005, 06:49:39 PM »

Well put Missinglink!

I am Xboxalot on Live.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2005, 06:53:01 PM »

SotC is good, but not one of the greatest games of all time.  I still think it should be played though.  So buy it.  Oh yeah, all the framerate talk is also exaggerated, sure, it slows down, but not really when you are fighting a colossus, but usually when you are just walking around.  I suspect it has something to do with how the game loads and streams.  It really isnt that big of a deal.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2005, 07:21:26 PM »

Quote from: "Arclight"
Hetz said "Anyway, this topic is not about me, it's about the PS2 (and the 360 in a way thanks to the thread title) why don't you try to stay on the topic at hand?

Then why do you insist in making threads about you? Just answer peoples flippin questions without putting them down.
You certainly can come across as one self-righteous son-of-a-gun mate, no kidding.

WTF

I didn't make this thread about me, YOU did. I tried to put it back on topic "ok I'm ending this before it gets worse. Enjoy your PS2! "....then YOU dragged it back into "Hetz is the most rabid fanboy I've seen in all my years".

Take a reading comprehension class, mate....it might do you some good.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »

Okay let's revisit a bit.  DiamondDecision (under an incorrectly spelled name  Tongue ) said:
Forget 360, may get PS2 to play Shadow of the Colossus!

Wow! I currently own an Xbox but am seriously thinking about getting a PS2 just so I can play Shadow of the Colossus. I haven't seen a game that captured my attention like this has for a longgggggggg time!

Anyone have it? Is it as great as it looks? How tough is it? How is ingame saving handled?

You then responded with

Now I have some questions for you:

1) Do you really believe that all one has to do to "ask for a flamewar" is to state "forget the 360"?  Because that's all he said about the 360 in the entire post.  Are you seriously going to stand by that statement?

2) Might there be a small, tiny chance that you overreacted... you know... a bit?

3) Wouldn't the decent thing to do in this situation be to say "Sorry.  Looks like I overreacted a bit"?  That would certainly stop the piling on and de-escalate the situation.

4) You do want to de-escalate the situation and not keep it going by  continuing to make inflammatory comments about reading comprehension classes don't you?
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 08:40:44 PM »

Guh, they're just video games, people.

Most people seem to think that Shadow of the Colossus is a very good game. 'Nuff said.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2005, 08:49:47 PM »

Late to the party but I too am thinking about giving up finding a 360 and getting a ps2 for games like Shadows of the Collossus.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2005, 09:03:48 PM »

Rob, that would not be a bad idea.  The 360 is gonna be around for a long time.  Go for it.  I'm not a huge PS2 fanboy but I have played 3-4 of my top ten games on it.  That's enough for me.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 09:08:17 PM »

Okay let's revisit a bit.  DiamondDecision (under an incorrectly spelled name  Tongue ) said:
Forget 360, may get PS2 to play Shadow of the Colossus!

Wow! I currently own an Xbox but am seriously thinking about getting a PS2 just so I can play Shadow of the Colossus. I haven't seen a game that captured my attention like this has for a longgggggggg time!

Anyone have it? Is it as great as it looks? How tough is it? How is ingame saving handled?

You then responded with

Now I have some questions for you:

1) Do you really believe that all one has to do to "ask for a flamewar" is to state "forget the 360"?  Because that's all he said about the 360 in the entire post.  Are you seriously going to stand by that statement?

2) Might there be a small, tiny chance that you overreacted... you know... a bit?

3) Wouldn't the decent thing to do in this situation be to say "Sorry.  Looks like I overreacted a bit"?  That would certainly stop the piling on and de-escalate the situation.

4) You do want to de-escalate the situation and not keep it going by  continuing to make inflammatory comments about reading comprehension classes don't you?

I tried to de-escalate the situation a LONG TIME AGO, by saying, once more since you diddn't seem to notice or care, "I am ending this before it gets worse. Enjoy your PS2!". I never called anyone names or anything. After that, there were majorly inflammatory comments (worse than ANYTHING I had said to that point) made by others, NOT ME.

Did I overreact? Uhh...whatever....it's what you want to hear, so fine. I tried to calm everything down earlier, but I guess that doesn't mean anything does it, warning? So, I guess since you are turning a blind eye to all the other inflammatory comments and joining the pile-on (and your a moderator?!?), I will make my exit from this thread.

Late to the party but I too am thinking about giving up finding a 360 and getting a ps2 for games like Shadows of the Collossus.

Do it! Except you should get Dragon Warrior 8 instead. It's a much better game than Shadow of the Collossus. I disliked Ico....so I really don't think that much of SotC. I mean it's ok....but far from the best game ever like some are claiming.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »

If this helps, I've managed to get all of the current gen systems (and the 360) - because I don't spend money on a lot of other things, and because I'm disabled and need the game-play to help pass time and ease pain. I want to play whatever game catches my eye - regardless of the system required.

All I can say is that if you get the PS2 system - and hang onto it, unlike a lot of folks here - you will be paid back by all the great games they have for it. Even the Cube, which I play the least, has more than paid for itself by the enjoyment I got from Eternal Darkness, Zelda, Cubivore, Animal Crossing, Resident Evil, etc.

The PS2 has rewarded me with Bard's Tale; Katamari (both);  Ratchet: Deadlocked (with free online play, headset supported); Ico; Half-Life; Dark Cloud,  and many, many others.

Go for it!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 09:19:20 PM »

Heck, I'd like to hear more about Deadlocked.  Looks intriguing.  Off to do some searches.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 09:28:09 PM »

I disliked Ico....so I really don't think that much of SotC. I mean it's ok....but far from the best game ever like some are claiming.

What are your favorite games of all-time?  Just curious.  Trying to nail down the type of gamer that doesn't like SotC.

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 09:52:50 PM »

...but far from the best game ever like some are claiming.

'ever'? maybe not... this year? for me, anyway, it definitely was...

&, as for buying either a ps2 or a 360 (& not both), i'd say, unless you're really into online, that verges on no-brainer territory, dd. reduced-price worlds of wonder await you - regret it you won't...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005, 09:54:08 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
I disliked Ico....so I really don't think that much of SotC. I mean it's ok....but far from the best game ever like some are claiming.

What are your favorite games of all-time?  Just curious.  Trying to nail down the type of gamer that doesn't like SotC.

FWIW, SotC didn't do much for me either.  I could appreciate the scope, creativity, and artistry, but it just wasn't much fun.  Once you got past the 'wow' factor of what they did, it simply wasn't that engaging of a game.

Just my opinion, of course.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: