http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:55:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Just $9.99 You can Assassinate JFK Over and Over Again  (Read 1186 times)
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2004, 05:44:02 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6549125/

I'm sure some people will be outraged by this game but if this was just a level in a Hitman game with some nameless dignitary no one would really care. I guess PC games can't use real world events....unless it is WW II or the Vietnam conflict...without people getting upset. I'm not in any way supporting this game, in fact the idea of the game sickens me, but I do find it interesting when I think about the thousands of Nazi soldiers that I've killed over the years without a second thought and how now the idea of killing one man in a game disturbs me.
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 05:49:09 PM »

Now, from what I've read elsewhere, you can NOT shoot JFK. All the game allows you to do is see how difficult the deed would've been to do.

It's a documentary, but in PC form.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 05:56:42 PM »

According to the games developer you can shoot JFK or Jacqueline...

Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented in by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 06:47:25 PM »

My local news station did a story on this game today and showed it in action.

You can indeed shoot JFK...that's the whole point.

It's more of "what if" type game, letting you know how your shot did.

The blood spatters after shooting him in the back of the head was pretty graphic.

This would actually be kind of interesting in a "Stair-Faller" type of game WITHOUT USING REAL PEOPLE.
(you know the game, where you make the guy fall down the steps to see how much damage was done)

Then again, if you were shooting Bin Laden or Hussein instead.....COOL!!!!  :wink:

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 06:58:07 PM »

I'll wait for the impressions

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 08:45:38 PM »

Quote from: "Zekester"
This would actually be kind of interesting in a "Stair-Faller" type of game WITHOUT USING REAL PEOPLE.
(you know the game, where you make the guy fall down the steps to see how much damage was done)

you mean 'porrusturvat"?  we had a lot of fun with that back on gg.  he also made a truck simulator with a guy riding it into a wall.  you could adjust all sorts of things on him and the truck.  can't seem to find it now though.  fallen off the back of the web as a search only pulls up a few hits on it.  

this 'game' was on the radio this morning too.  bad taste.  what's odd is whether it's in worse taste than the whole 9/11 survivor thing that was going on a while back.  both a ut mod and a full game were announced, although i don't know what happened to either.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 09:23:19 PM »

Sleazy?  Yup.  :x

Tasteless?  Yup.   :x

Still cool?  Yup.   :oops:

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 03:57:51 AM »

you mean 'porrusturvat"? we had a lot of fun with that back on gg. he also made a truck simulator with a guy riding it into a wall.

Yup.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: