http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 07:27:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3/PC/Wii U]Batman:Arkham Origins  (Read 9902 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:59:39 PM »

Like the new Lego Batman,according to this report the sequel to Arkham City will be a Justice League prequel

Eurogamer

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City developer Rocksteady Studios will next tackle a prequel tale featuring Batman and the DC Universe's Justice League.

The title will be set before Rocksteady's existing series, detailing Batman's first meeting with the Joker.

Set during DC's Silver Age of comicbooks, the Dark Knight will form the Justice League of America with other heroes such as Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash, Variety reports.

The game won't launch before 2014 "at the earliest", suggesting Rocksteady is developing the title for the next generation of console hardware.

Warner Bros. is apparently keen to promote other DC characters within Rocksteady's series as it readies new film incarnations of Superman and other Justice League members.

Eurogamer has contacted Warner Bros. for comment on the report - we'll update if we hear back.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Good way to get The Joker back,now we just need Mark Hamill back again
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:04:22 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

ugh, just make a JLA game and don't worry about trying to shoehorn it into the Arkham storyline universe.  is there really anything the Joker could throw at Batman that would make him need to assemble a new team?  after all, Bats went through in the two games without needing backup just fine.

just pull out Darkseid or some other alien menace to unite the team.  oh, and for the love of god don't have Joker making a deal with them to conquer the world  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:30:15 AM »

unfortunately Paul Dini is saying he is going to be too busy to write this time.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:42:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 07, 2012, 01:30:15 AM

unfortunately Paul Dini is saying he is going to be too busy to write this time.

I did read that last night,but it sounded more like a 'let me know what's going on' kind of thing,and he is hoping that they get hold of him,he's let them know that the ball is in their court

I mean not being able to work on anything until 2013 at the earliest is no bad thing,that is all of just 5 months away...as the quote says in the first post above I would be very surprised if there was a new game,prequel or sequel before 2014/next gen anyway

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »

So they're going to dilute Batman by bringing in the more ridiculous superheroes from that universe? I prefer to think of Batman as not existing within those bounds. It makes the setting work better for me. Once you start to accept that people like Superman also exist alongside Batman, the latter starts to sound unimportant. The writers should realize that Batman is popular because of how different he is from run-of-the-mill superheroes.

And who are they going to bring in to play the Joker? Mark Hamill doesn't want to play the character any more.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 07, 2012, 09:53:31 AM

And who are they going to bring in to play the Joker? Mark Hamill doesn't want to play the character any more.

he said that after AA as well though,and also when he did say that he didn't want to play Joker anymore was when People started to find out the Joker's fate in AC..I wouldn't expect him to say I will be back for the next one(before prequel rumours started) as then that would discredit Rocksteady's ending of AC(just a theory anyway Tongue )

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »

Warner have just registered domain names for the following
GameInformer

see any you like?

arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »

Most of them suck as game titles. The only two I can see as workable are "Arkham Legend" and "Arkham Stories".
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »

Remember this?...from July 13th 2010,Batman:Arkham City then went on to be announced the following month

Also,notice how these quoted below,the first two are Arkham City which it went on to be called,and the new domains i posted above the first two being 'Arkham Universe'...hmmm  Tongue

http://gamingtrend.com/forums/console-gaming/batmanarkham-city-due-this-october!/msg700583/#msg700583

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 13, 2010, 10:50:26 AM

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:35:41 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 08:25:56 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 07, 2012, 09:53:31 AM

John DiMaggio?

Because I can,
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 13, 2013, 01:04:49 PM

Most of them suck as game titles. The only two I can see as workable are "Arkham Legend" and "Arkham Stories".

Arkham Stories is good like Tilt said. Maybe they can focus on how he got his whole Rogue Gallery in Arkham.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 04:01:24 PM »

whatever it will be called and whenever it will be set,it'll be out this year
Kotaku

Slipped within Time Warner's call to investors last week was this mention, from the company's chief financial officer, that the next entry in the acclaimed Arkham series of Batman video games will be arriving in 2013.

Said John K. Martin, Time Warner's chief financial officer:

And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013.

EDIT:

Oh dear....rumours are going about that Rocksteady,are apparently not involved
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:14:32 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »

wow, a release this year and zero attempt at building hype yet?  either they are very confident or this is going to be a ninja turd.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 12, 2013, 06:35:40 PM

wow, a release this year and zero attempt at building hype yet?  either they are very confident or this is going to be a ninja turd.

Expect an Assassin's Creed-like approach if it comes out this year and is by a different developer. In other words, it'll be for 360 and PS3 instead of the next-gen consoles, and it'll use the same engine from the last game, with more of an evolution in gameplay than a revolution. It could quickly turn into a kitchen sink-game.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »

I am not too fussed with it being this year with Batman AA being 2009 and Batman AC being 2011 and now Batman 3 2013,even being this gen and using current engine,i would usually put faith in them doing something fresh with the license and me still loving the game..but if it's new developers that does have me frightened,a lot of people are using the "if it ain't broke...." phrase in the comments section in this article on different sites,which says it just about right

and if Rocksteady aren't doing Bats 3,I would like to know what they are doing.....it was rumoured TMNT(which hopefully doesn't turn out like CK says 'A Ninja Turd' Tongue),but i think that got dismissed

Hopefully,when more details are released Rocksteady will be confirmed on board

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 01:29:05 AM »

Batman: Arkham Dark Knight? Was Batman: Arkam Batman too on the nose? I agree most of the titles suck. Arkham Legends or Arkham Stories or Batman: Tales of Arkham would be better.

At any rate, I love the series. If Rocksteady's not involved, I wont be either.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 01:47:40 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on February 14, 2013, 01:29:05 AM

If Rocksteady's not involved, I wont be either.

Oh,I'll certainly still give it a shot.....as i said i am worried,but look at say Obsidian with the KOTOR license or Obsidian with the Fallout license(ok i wasn't as keen on that as FO3)...or even Treyarch who have pretty much have knocked Infinity Ward out of the picture now with COD

or Gearbox with Duke Nukem,...oh,wait...no......or what about Gearbox with the Aliens license

oh...damn,i lost you..

Play me some filler johnny!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY64meMb7-s

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on February 14, 2013, 01:29:05 AM

Batman: Arkham Dark Knight? Was Batman: Arkam Batman too on the nose? I agree most of the titles suck. Arkham Legends or Arkham Stories or Batman: Tales of Arkham would be better.

I'd be happy if the 3rd game's title was "Batman: More like Arkham Asylum than Arkham City".

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »

Remember when they said it would be a Justice League prequel?(see thread title)

well,its pretty much correct according to recent reports

Batman Arkham Origins is rumoured to be revealed for Xbox 3 and PS4(as well as Current Gen)...by Rocksteady thumbsup

CVG

Batman Arkham Origins is reportedly in development at Rocksteady Studios for current and next gen consoles.

The rumour originates from French site Gameblog, which says it was tipped off about the game by unnamed industry sources.
As has previously been rumoured, the report claims the title will be a prequel inspired by the Silver Age of comics and featuring appearances from a number of Justice League members such as Superman and Green Lantern.

Gameblog's sources also suggest Batman Arkham Origins will be revealed at E3 and released in the third quarter of 2013.

lets hope this rumour becomes truth

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »

Too bad it's for current gen as well. We won't really see the power of the next-gen consoles in games like this until they can tear away from the past. Cross-platform games like these will simply come off in the same way as PC versions of console titles have recently. While that isn't a bad thing, it could have been much better. Oh well.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »

if they give the PC version the same love they did the previous two games then IN for that one.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 28, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

Too bad it's for current gen as well. We won't really see the power of the next-gen consoles in games like this until they can tear away from the past. Cross-platform games like these will simply come off in the same way as PC versions of console titles have recently. While that isn't a bad thing, it could have been much better. Oh well.

I don't think i will bother with buying the next gen version,if what they say is true:-this game will be shown at E3 and released a few months later(Q3 2013) as that will probably be before next gen arrives,it'll be like there Wii U version of Batman Arkham City coming out sometime after with 'few improvements'(and Catwoman covered up for some reason  icon_evil)

Sure graphics will be nicer,but I loved both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City they still look great,and know i will love this one on current gen

Obviously if i already have a next gen machine when this game is released,then i WILL get it for that..but i can't see it unless MS want to massively undercut SONY on release of their console(if PS4 is to be released November),then maybe there will be a next gen machine out Q3 2013..but as said,i can't see it

EDIT: Afterthought

Maybe the current gen games will be cheaper then if there will be a next gen game as well to sell along with it

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 13, 2013, 12:17:46 PM

Warner have just registered domain names for the following
GameInformer

see any you like?

arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)

Just wanted to point that bolded part out from January when Warner registered all those domains  icon_biggrin

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 07:22:33 PM »

IN!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 03:41:21 PM »

loved them both, enough to double dip with the PC version after the last upgrade.  Interested now that RS is confirmed.  either AA or AC style is good for me. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »

The next Batman game is called Batman: Arkham Origins, and it'll be out October 25 for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC. It's a prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Warner Bros. Montreal is making the game, taking the mantle from Rocksteady Studios, the developer behind the critically-acclaimed first two. You can see one of the villains, Deathstroke, make an appearance on the back of the Game Informer cover pictured above.

The game's plot involves eight of the world's deadliest assassins coming to Gotham City on Christmas Eve. Their target: Batman, of course. The game takes place on the streets of Gotham, according to the developers, who hyped the game in a video on Game Informer's website.

Not sure how to feel about the Bolded part  icon_cry

Koatku

Video in the link

EDIT:
There's also a handheld spin-off called Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for 3DS and Vita, a 2.5-D Metroid-style game developed by Armature Studios, the development house led by ex-Retro staffers who worked on Metroid Prime.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:05:49 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »

Yeah but it's not like Rocksteady aren't making a new Batman game they are (cant be in 2 places at once i expect). It's just the demand for Superhero games is so great it looks like they have moved to a 2 studio set up allowing more game releases. Bet the rocksteady one will be next gen as well.

As long as they dont screw it up i'm ok so far.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on April 09, 2013, 04:08:51 PM

Yeah but it's not like Rocksteady aren't making a new Batman game they are (cant be in 2 places at once i expect). It's just the demand for Superhero games is so great it looks like they have moved to a 2 studio set up allowing more game releases. Bet the rocksteady one will be next gen as well.

As long as they dont screw it up i'm ok so far.

Why what are they doing?,as it was rumoured they were making this game for Next Gen before the reveal actually shows this game is Warner Montreal and this gen

EDIT: this is from Eurogamer on the same story

Now the above story told us that it would be based on the streets of Gotham,but this part makes me feel a little giddy
WB Montreal described its Gotham as a "functional city" and "not a deserted wasteland".

BATMOBILE CONFIRMED!! Tongue

(and who knows,perhaps even the Batplane)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:27:31 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 04:45:14 PM »

I've got a bad feeling about this
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 04:49:14 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 09, 2013, 04:45:14 PM

yeah, no Rocksteady puts this firmly in the wait and see category.  WB Montreal hasn't done enough to warrant anything else from me.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 09, 2013, 04:49:14 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on April 09, 2013, 04:45:14 PM

yeah, no Rocksteady puts this firmly in the wait and see category.  WB Montreal hasn't done enough to warrant anything else from me.

Agreed,I can only find one game that they have done before(Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition for Wii U) and two in the pipeline(Lego Legends of Chima Online-Q3/Q4 and Cartoon Universe-TBD)

On another note however,doesn't Leo say that for everything? Tongue

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 07:27:55 PM »

Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction which reviewed in the 80's.

Still having a problem wondering what the real problem is. The Rocksteady game is coming out as is regardless of WB's new game. So on that part things are still the same.

So we also have an additional game by a second studio that may or may not be any good. Well shit, if it reviews poorly we dont buy it if it does well we do, the lose is where again.

Personally i dont get all excited and sweaty with any game until it's a wfew weeks from release generally, sure im interested but I dont do the whole anticipation crap its pointless as its pretty impossiuble to say how it's doing until much closer to the release date.

So I enjoy we are getting a new Batman game and it's certainly nothing to worry about or get over excited about however I certainly dont mind we are getting a new one and this woe is me stuff really is a waste of time, I generally wait and see for every game I can

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 07:56:45 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on April 09, 2013, 07:27:55 PM

are you saying that is another game that WB Montreal made?  online source say that was Radical Entertainment.

Still having a problem wondering what the real problem is. The Rocksteady game is coming out as is regardless of WB's new game. So on that part things are still the same.

I think the problem, if it really is one, is that people are just saying if it was Rocksteady doing the game it'd be an instant pe-order, where as this one isn't.  it wouldn't be the first time a franchise has had issues when another studio stepped in to do a game.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on April 09, 2013, 07:27:55 PM

I still don't know What Rocksteady game you mean Reemul,they were rumoured to be doing this,but that is not the case now,I have not heard that they are doing anything

The Incredible Hulk connection is Eric Holmes who did IH and Prototype,he is now doing this with Montreal,as Creative Director

As for this game:
Black Mask is the main bad guy,and the play world will be twice as big as Arkham City

and this part is interesting,the top half of Batman Arkham Origins map will be a part of Gotham City BEFORE it was turned into Arkham City,before the Amusement Mile was flooded

The game world will be approximately twice as big as it was in Arkham City. The north half of Origins' map will be similar to the setting of Arkham City, although it won't have giant prison walls surrounding it and Amusement Mile won't be flooded. There will also be more Christmas decorations, giving it a sort of Batman Returns vibe.

The south half of the map will be New Gotham, which is described as a classier part of town with more skyscrapers. Given the larger setting, players will be able to move about faster thanks to the Batwing offering a mode of fast travel. Players will need to dismantle hacked towers that emit jamming signals though before they can fly to certain regions.

While most of Batman's combat and stealth techniques will be familiar to those who played earlier games in the series, one of his new toys is the "remote claw," which allows players to shoot two targets, then pull them towards one another. This will be useful for stringing foes up, bounding two of them together at once, or making large object crash into thugs. You can also use the remote claw to set up slick traps, like dangling an explosive barrel from a perch, then luring guards under it with a sonic batarang.

Arkham Origins will feature plenty of detective work including side missions where Batman has to solve cases. These can involve watching security footage where you'll have to view the same events from different angles and slow down the playbacks until you can gather some clues.
Eurogamer
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:14:27 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »

Ugh, I've never been a fan of Black Mask.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »

The Incredible Hulk connection is Eric Holmes who did IH and Prototype,he is now doing this with Montreal,as Creative Director

ah, that's what he was referring too.

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 09, 2013, 09:08:16 PM

Black Mask is the main bad guy

maybe they can arrange another cameo too:

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 09, 2013, 09:24:56 PM

Ugh, I've never been a fan of Black Mask.

TBH the only exposure i have had of Black Mask was the beginning from the second Arkham game where he has the shit kicked out of him by Tyger guards...but even so,there are another 7 Villains out to kill Bats,so perhaps it wont be too bad for you

So that's Deathstroke and Black Mask,6 more to go!

I suppose Reemul could be right about another Rocksteady game eventually,there was one of the clues that Azrael left behind that lead to think there would be another game,set AFTER Arkham City....Azrael mentioned the 'Ashes of Arkham' and that they will meet again(if that's what you mean Reemul)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »

Sorry for the double post CVG lists all that is currently known and its a decently sized list

some spoilers in this list
-Origins takes place on Christmas Eve early in Batman's career, before the events of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. The tale is inspired by Batman: Year One and Legends of the Dark Knight.

-Supervillain Black Mask places a hit on Batman's head, offering a fortune to whoever can off the caped crusader. Assassins and supervillains from across the DC Universe come to Gotham to take their shot at Batman.

-Batman must take on all comers, solve the mystery of why Black Mask wants him dead, and prove to the GCPD that he's on their side.

-Warner Bros. Montreal used Batman Arkham City Armored Edition for the Wii U to familiarise itself with Rocksteady's codebase.

-Eric Holmes, who served as lead designer of The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and has experience writing Transformers:Megatron Origins for IDW, was selected to drive the creative vision. He also worked at Epic Games, and so is familiar with the Unreal Engine.

-Rocksteady offered guidance on tech, mechanics and engine, but WB Montreal was left to handle story entirely
Going with a younger Batman lets the developer "refresh characters, refresh ideas, refresh the dynamic between Batman and other characters, and refresh the world"

-Batman isn't the character fans know yet

-GameInformer's demo starts about an hour into the game, with Batman perched on Jezebel Plaza watch an arms deal.

-Gotham is blanketed by snow and Christmas lights decorate the city. It's Christmas eve.

-Black Mask's assassins have stirred up criminal activity

-"Old Gotham" hasn't been turned into an urban prison yet

-The most obvious difference cited between the two period is Amusement Mile, which hasn't flooded yet

-Batman is trying to figure out why Black Mask wants him dead, and is aiming to use Penguin to get information

-WB Montreal hasn't tinkered with the free-flow combat: "If it's not broken, don't fix it" says senior producer Ben Mattes.
It has, however, introduced "new layers, new opportunities, and new tactics"

-New enemy types will force Batman to use new moves

-Batman hasn't honed his skills yet, so his interrogation ends with an unconscious thug. Batman is still unrefined and sometimes pushes things too far.

-Batman scans the thugs phone to get the information he needs

-He summons Batwing to get to the northeast coast, where Penguin's base of operations is. Players don't pilot Batwing directly, but it is part of the story sequences and a form of fast travel.

-Glides, ledge takedowns and sleeper holds are back

-Inside Final Offer, an old ship The Penguin has taken over, Batman uses his predator mode.

-Batman can swing from perches and do upside down strikes, like in previous games.

-A new gadget, the Remote Claw, functions much like the grappler in Just Cause 2. Batman can target two objects and pull them together. It can be used to knock enemies together, launch objects at enemies or string up enemies.
An example combat situation involves stringing an explosive barrel to a perch, luring enemies over, then cutting the rope using a batarang.

-Batman eventually find Penguin talking to a tied up Alberto Falcone, trying to convince him to leave the weapons business, he agrees to tell his father.

-Batman enters and fights Penguin, before interrogating him by lifting him up and smashing into a mirror. Before he can get the information out of him a grapple claw latches onto his ankle and pulls him out of the room. Batman's tries to get a hold of a door frame, but his arm is stomped on. The mysterious assailant is revealed to be Deathstroke.

-WB Montreal wants to tell a story "within the detective environment", it mentioned BBC series Sherlock as an inspiration

-In a later segment Batman is in a room and uses his first-person detective vision to figure out the events that occurred in it. Bullet paths and holograms act out his theories as he mutters information and scans points of interest.

-The Batcomputer in the cave runs simulations, players can watch these as much as they want from multiple angles, in slow motion, pause and scrub it. They must find clues to further the investigation

-Small and large cases are spread out over Gotham City, they serve to provide a break from combat scenarios

-Old Gotham district is only half of the game world, another area called New Gotham also exists. It doubles the size of the game world in Arkham City.

-To access content in the city players must dismantle the hacked tower network. These tower emit a jamming signal that stops Batwing from flying there and prevents sensors from placing points of interest. They're likened to Far Cry 3's towers.

-Dynamic events dubbed "Crime in Progress" occur in the city. The example given is of saving cops from a group of thugs, or stopped a snitch from being thrown off a roof. Completing these impact Batman's notoriety.

-A "Most Wanted System" lets players pursue villains outside of the core assassin story

-The Dark Knight system offers tasks that escalate in difficulty. They're not tutorials, but do train players to be better at combat and stealth. Completing challenges grants XP or upgrades for a particular skillset.
The system doesn't replace Challenge mode, which will be included "in one form

Bit gutted that The Penguin is back,i hated his voice in the second game,i mean it really grated on me

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 09, 2013, 10:22:02 PM

Sorry for the double post CVG lists all that is currently known and its a decently sized list

some spoilers in this list
Spoiler for Hiden:
-Origins takes place on Christmas Eve early in Batman's career, before the events of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. The tale is inspired by Batman: Year One and Legends of the Dark Knight.

-Supervillain Black Mask places a hit on Batman's head, offering a fortune to whoever can off the caped crusader. Assassins and supervillains from across the DC Universe come to Gotham to take their shot at Batman.

-Batman must take on all comers, solve the mystery of why Black Mask wants him dead, and prove to the GCPD that he's on their side.

-Warner Bros. Montreal used Batman Arkham City Armored Edition for the Wii U to familiarise itself with Rocksteady's codebase.

-Eric Holmes, who served as lead designer of The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and has experience writing Transformers:Megatron Origins for IDW, was selected to drive the creative vision. He also worked at Epic Games, and so is familiar with the Unreal Engine.

-Rocksteady offered guidance on tech, mechanics and engine, but WB Montreal was left to handle story entirely
Going with a younger Batman lets the developer "refresh characters, refresh ideas, refresh the dynamic between Batman and other characters, and refresh the world"

-Batman isn't the character fans know yet

-GameInformer's demo starts about an hour into the game, with Batman perched on Jezebel Plaza watch an arms deal.

-Gotham is blanketed by snow and Christmas lights decorate the city. It's Christmas eve.

-Black Mask's assassins have stirred up criminal activity

-"Old Gotham" hasn't been turned into an urban prison yet

-The most obvious difference cited between the two period is Amusement Mile, which hasn't flooded yet

-Batman is trying to figure out why Black Mask wants him dead, and is aiming to use Penguin to get information

-WB Montreal hasn't tinkered with the free-flow combat: "If it's not broken, don't fix it" says senior producer Ben Mattes.
It has, however, introduced "new layers, new opportunities, and new tactics"

-New enemy types will force Batman to use new moves

-Batman hasn't honed his skills yet, so his interrogation ends with an unconscious thug. Batman is still unrefined and sometimes pushes things too far.

-Batman scans the thugs phone to get the information he needs

-He summons Batwing to get to the northeast coast, where Penguin's base of operations is. Players don't pilot Batwing directly, but it is part of the story sequences and a form of fast travel.

-Glides, ledge takedowns and sleeper holds are back

-Inside Final Offer, an old ship The Penguin has taken over, Batman uses his predator mode.

-Batman can swing from perches and do upside down strikes, like in previous games.

-A new gadget, the Remote Claw, functions much like the grappler in Just Cause 2. Batman can target two objects and pull them together. It can be used to knock enemies together, launch objects at enemies or string up enemies.
An example combat situation involves stringing an explosive barrel to a perch, luring enemies over, then cutting the rope using a batarang.

-Batman eventually find Penguin talking to a tied up Alberto Falcone, trying to convince him to leave the weapons business, he agrees to tell his father.

-Batman enters and fights Penguin, before interrogating him by lifting him up and smashing into a mirror. Before he can get the information out of him a grapple claw latches onto his ankle and pulls him out of the room. Batman's tries to get a hold of a door frame, but his arm is stomped on. The mysterious assailant is revealed to be Deathstroke.

-WB Montreal wants to tell a story "within the detective environment", it mentioned BBC series Sherlock as an inspiration

-In a later segment Batman is in a room and uses his first-person detective vision to figure out the events that occurred in it. Bullet paths and holograms act out his theories as he mutters information and scans points of interest.

-The Batcomputer in the cave runs simulations, players can watch these as much as they want from multiple angles, in slow motion, pause and scrub it. They must find clues to further the investigation

-Small and large cases are spread out over Gotham City, they serve to provide a break from combat scenarios

-Old Gotham district is only half of the game world, another area called New Gotham also exists. It doubles the size of the game world in Arkham City.

-To access content in the city players must dismantle the hacked tower network. These tower emit a jamming signal that stops Batwing from flying there and prevents sensors from placing points of interest. They're likened to Far Cry 3's towers.

-Dynamic events dubbed "Crime in Progress" occur in the city. The example given is of saving cops from a group of thugs, or stopped a snitch from being thrown off a roof. Completing these impact Batman's notoriety.

-A "Most Wanted System" lets players pursue villains outside of the core assassin story

-The Dark Knight system offers tasks that escalate in difficulty. They're not tutorials, but do train players to be better at combat and stealth. Completing challenges grants XP or upgrades for a particular skillset.
The system doesn't replace Challenge mode, which will be included "in one form

Bit gutted that The Penguin is back,i hated his voice in the second game,i mean it really grated on me

Nolan North.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 12:43:11 AM »

I was pretty bummed that RS isn't involved, but that CVG list sounds awesome.  looking forward to this. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: