http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 07:56:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flipnic, a pinball adventure, coming to PS2  (Read 582 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2005, 07:55:18 AM »

Namco announced that they will be releasing Flipnic : Ultimate Pinball for the PS2 this summer, according to Worthplaying.  It sounds most like Adventure Pinball, which I really liked.  That makes the third game that Namco has announced that sound really cool to me - Sigma Star Saga, a side-scrolling space shooter/RPG, the XCom-like Rebelstar Tactical Command, and now this.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 03:36:07 PM »

looks quite interesting.  i've always wanted a good pinball game on a handheld or console, since the first one i had for the original Gameboy - something with an aligator or croc in it.  i just couldn't deal with the changing screens, where the ball goes out of one screen into another (and of course it can't, so the screen suddenly changes with the ball entering from the bottom of the second after leaving through the top of the first, ugh.)

i even tried it on GB Player in case that helped, but it didn't, and i had a PC version - still bleh, for me anyway.  maybe this one will be better, or interesting enough to make me make the mental adjustment. Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 06:23:37 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
looks quite interesting.  i've always wanted a good pinball game on a handheld or console, since the first one i had for the original Gameboy - something with an aligator or croc in it.  i just couldn't deal with the changing screens, where the ball goes out of one screen into another (and of course it can't, so the screen suddenly changes with the ball entering from the bottom of the second after leaving through the top of the first, ugh.)

Revenge of the Gator!  I had that game and really enjoyed it.  It wasn't a technical marvel but I thought it was fun to play since, up to that point, I had not played a pinball video game.  I still have my copy in my closet.

I also have that Pokemon Pinball for the Gameboy Color.  I just couldn't get into that.

The pinball game that comes with XP, I'm pretty good at that biggrin

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 10:46:52 PM »

the XP one may be the one i played for a little bit, or it could have been one of my extremely rare downloads.  Ultimate Pinball, i think was it's name.

and yes - "Revenge of the Gator", that was it!  i still have it in a box somewhere too.  makes me really wish i could put it in the DS and play it on the dual screens.  now that i think on it more, i realize that one of the reasons i didn't like the screen-jumping thing was because of no backlight in the Gameboy.  if you moved at the wrong moment, you lost track of the ball as it changed screens.  maybe i'll give it another go on my GBA SP.

now i'm really getting psyched about the upcoming Flipnic, can't wait to see what they do with it... Cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: