http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 03:24:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flagship Studios finally announces project...Hellgate:London  (Read 1145 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2005, 06:00:33 PM »

Article at IGN here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/607/607334p1.html

I must say that it does not look that cool at first glance.  The preiew did not spice it up for me either.  Here's to hoping they work their magic and make another gem!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 07:32:32 PM »

Like Diablo 2, I don't think the game's graphics will be the main draw of the game.

Diablo 2 was at first limited to pixelated 800x600 mode.

I suspect all the D2-like features of this game will make stay on people hard drives for quite some time.  Coop play, random levels, weapon upgrades, etc...
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 07:38:34 PM »

Looks very generic.
ioticus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »

I read the preview in PC Gamer and this game looks awesome.  Everything is randomized so no two games play the same and everything is in 3D.  It's like Diablo 2 except with more options and better graphics.  I can't wait for this game!
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 08:47:30 PM »

Looks like a Painkiller with more RPG elements.

Looking forward to this. thumbsup

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »

The screenshots look very much like an FPS.  Is it going to be something of a Deus Ex type game (FPS with RPG elements or RPG with FPS elements)? Whatever it is, with the guys from Blizzard behind it, I have confidence in its quality.

Who reads these anyway?
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 10:31:44 PM »

"Diablo 2 was at first limited to pixelated 800x600 mode."
Didn't it start off at 640x480 and then get bumped up by the expansion pack?

The game looks like loads of fun to me.  Even with its problems, I haven't found a game that does the Diablo forumla better than Diablo 2.  Flagship has said they intend to keep it an RPG first, so there will be no ammo to worry about, and the FPS controls will be simplified (targetting aids, etc) and be based on your stats and equipment.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 03:53:28 PM »

I will be watching it in the hopes that they learn from their mistakes in diablow 2.

1) lack of content (no, you can't fool players into thinking the same levels repeated 3 times is 3 times the content).

2) lack of depth in rpg elements (come on man, at least give us a quest deeper than Go here, kill this, and some dialogue would be nice too. just because you are an action rpg, doesn't mean you have to forsake everything that makes an rpg an rpg other than the items/leveling).

3) class balance problems (ww barbs early on, fw sorcs later on. the person who didn't see a problem with a fw that could nearly instantly kill any non boss should be tazored, in the testicles).

Diablo 2 was a pretty fun game, until you completed the game on normal. hell, maybe it was even fun for a little while past that, but it does get boring rather quickly. Which is sad since the classes were pretty interesting.

oh and as a pvp loving ex barb, i would have liked hellgate to have some more pvp elements. Diablo 2's pvp wasn't entirely balanced (you would be instantly killed if you walked through a fw unless you had fire damage reduction gear, gear which they later nerfed, and they could spam them enough to cover a LARGE area) but it was fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: