http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:40:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Games  (Read 2033 times)
Beer Goggles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:06:55 PM »

Gone Golder here.  Finally bought an Xbox and I looking for game suggestions.  I figure five recommendations is about right.  I am not interested in fghting games or sports games except for something like Death Row.  I have already played most of the good ports like Thief, PoP and Splinter Cell.  Ninja Gaiden looks geat but what else?  Anything on the Xbox equivalent to Sly Cooper?
ingrin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 06:34:30 PM »

Well,
Platformers aren't the XBox's best bet, i would say Beyond Good and Evil, which is multiplatform, is the best adventure/stealth/platforming game.

Other good games include:
"Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher's Bay" - better than either movie.  Its short, but this FPS?RPG/Stealth game has a story well told and sweet graphics.  It earns its M rating with alot of violence and strong language.

"Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic" - If you haven't played it on the PC, its just as good on the console, and can be had for <$20

"Jet Set Radio Future":  - well received, but not my favorite.  I intend to give it a try again a bit later.  Same with "Panzer Dragoon Orta"

MechAssault:  Fun fun mech action, great for multiplayer.

Crimson Skies: MechAssualt with retro planes in an alternate reality.
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 06:36:48 PM »

Bump for Ninja Gaiden and Project Gotham 2.

The Sega 'trio' of Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Otogi are unique and different, AND exclusive to the 'box, but may not jive with your gaming tastes.

Halo is obviously a must buy as well if you havent played it on the PC.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 08:19:38 PM »

At this point, I'd wait for Halo 2. It looks to take the best parts of the first one and make them even better, so getting the first one strikes me as not worth it.

Crimson Skies and Chronicles of Riddick are must-buys. Ninja Gaiden I'm not as big a fan of as the rest of the CG crew, but it's a solid title. Ditto KOTOR, but if you can get it for PC I think it plays better there. Beyond Good & Evil is also a must-play, and the XBox version looks great.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 08:19:55 PM »

Dude. Burnout 3. Seriously.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 08:23:25 PM »

Not a fan of racing games, personally. But that's me. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 08:24:16 PM »

Yes. Buy Burnout 3.

If you don't.. well, then you're not smart slywink

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 08:52:51 PM »

There's KOTOR and Grand Theft Auto unless you've played them on the PC.
Crimson Skies
Beyond Good & Evil (it's cheap and good!)

You may want to wait to see what the consensus is on Fable next week.  I know I'll be picking it up.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 09:56:15 PM »

Here is the only list you need:

1.  Ninja Gaiden (which you've already decided)

2.  Beyond Good & Evil

3.  Burnout 3

4.  Chronicles of Riddick

5.  KOTOR, if you've played that pick up Crimson Skies

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 10:06:49 PM »

Anyone that owns a next-gen console should own Burnout 3!

TheMissingLink on PSN
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 10:19:58 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Anyone that owns a next-gen console should own Burnout 3!

Unless you only own a GameCube, then you're out of luck at this time.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 10:52:02 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
Yes. Buy Burnout 3.

If you don't.. well, then you're not smart slywink

*cries*

Thanks for all the input, keep it coming.  Yep, forgot to mention I also already have KoTOR and GTIII:VC for the PC and not really a racing game fan.  How is this list?

1.  Ninja Gaiden
2.  Beyond Good and Evil
3.  Riddick
4.  Crimson Skies
5.  Full Spectrum Warrior
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 12:46:36 AM »

Ninja Gaiden is my game of the last three years.  Otherwise, I still really enjoy the Spider-Man 2 game.  Depends on your attachment to the superhero and the city of New York, respectively.

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 01:12:51 AM »

Thats a great list!

Personally, FSW didn't really do it for me but alot of others really enjoyed it. Another option might be to pick it up on the PC (just went gold) and get yourself a 'console' exclusive game.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 02:27:01 AM »

Quote from: "Beer Goggles"

1.  Ninja Gaiden
2.  Beyond Good and Evil
3.  Riddick
4.  Crimson Skies
5.  Full Spectrum Warrior

I'd be cruising for cheap used titles; this holiday is gonna rape your wallet.

I'd give up the FSW and just rent it first. Try both the arcade and hidden army versions, and decide if you want to spend the time in that game.

Giving up a game and getting Live isn't a bad idea either; that gets you mechassault free and gives BIG legs to crimson skies.

Check out a used Dynasty Warriors 4 if you like beat-em up combat against hundreds of enemies... the game has legs even though the graphics are a bit dated (40+ characters with their own stories). Otogi is definately good and falls in the same vein; it has significantly better graphics although it doesn't have the heroin addictiveness that is injected into most KOEI games (DW4 included).

A fun quirky party game would go to Kung Fu Chaos; a wildly underrated game that is funny and challenging. It's got a platformer feel to it; even if it's very rigid in terms of exploration. The multiplayer (up to 4 people) is a blast, especially if you've unlocked all the levels.

I highly recommend Ninja Gaiden. If you *need* a platform game Vexx is alright; it has it's moments. Plus it's dirt cheap. There's a Sonic game if Rings is what you need.

Burnout3 isn't a racing game; it's a vehicle combat game like Carmageddon. Try it, buy it, enjoy.

Riddick is good, Halo is better.I found Riddick to have some good times, but it's over SO quickly.If you have any friends with Xbox, borrow their halo. Oh, and play co-op mode; it's the best there is.

As far as spiderman2 is concerned; the PC version was horrid. The console version is excellent. Once again, borrow from a friend, until you get tired of saving stupid roofworkers from falling.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: