http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 01:40:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing Master [Wii]  (Read 391 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2007, 03:23:29 AM »

I'm hesitant to be too excited early on with this, because I don't want anyone to think it's a must have (and I'm sure bad reviews will come and make me look like an idiot who likes anything), but this game is fun like Sega Bass Fishing, though not quite as good.  Very arcady, but there are lots of fish (and other things) to catch, missions/challenges to complete, areas to unlock.  The biggest drawback is that it is not real time casting.  You throw the line as you'd expect (Hold B/Pull Back then Throw Forward/Release B) then watch the cast happen.  It feels pretty good, though.  I usually feel like a long cast happens because I released at the right time, for example.  Reeling in is done with the nunchuck (or with the d-pad if you don't feel like using the 'chuck).  The graphics are decent, but not fantastic.  I could have used more detail at the fishing spots.  And I would have preferred a more active shot for landing the fish.  Instead you get a cutscene of the thing leaping out of the water, then a shot with a stat screen.  There's nothing to really compare it to, though, so you have to go by the numbers for size.  Reeling it in is where the action is and they've made it active and pretty fun, so far.  You hook it by pulling back then watch a bar at the top of the screen as you reel-in.  If it drops too low, the fish will escape.  If it goes to high the line breaks.  Meanwhile, you respond to cues on the sides of the screen telling you to jerk left and right.  I've yet to try a tournament, as I'm still trying to land all the fish in at least one of the three areas I've unlocked so far.  If you've been interested in a fishing game on the Wii, this is worth a look.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 02:31:46 PM »

Gamespot liked it.  7.0

The Good
Great arcade-style take on fishing   Landing a huge fish is immensely satisfying   More than 100 vividly detailed fish.
The Bad
Fishing spots aren't very pretty   Fun only in short spurts.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/tsurimaster/review.html

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 10:59:49 PM »

I will pick it up when it is cheap and only if Hooked doesn't end up better, I've always enjoyed video game fishing, and would love to have a decent Wii one.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 01:24:33 AM »

when Zelda came out for the Wii,i thought i was going to be fishing for ages with the wiimote,as in ocarina of time i was fishing for months in that game......but i quickly lost interest in the whole wiimote is a fishing rod thing..so will not be 'biting'(<<<oh yes...i did that,see)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: