http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 10:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished Vampire: Bloodlines (Spoilers!)  (Read 1142 times)
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2004, 02:37:14 AM »

Well, I finally finished Vampire.  It took lots of days of doing nothing but playing the game, but after much hardship I finished the game.

The big bug that everyone on the Vampire board was complaining about never showed up for me.  In fact, I'd have to say the whole game was pretty bug free for me.  Some sound glitches, and a few game glitches, but no crashes to desktop or hanging or anything like that.

I never did get to purchase some of the weapons that Mercurio was talking about, he mentioned a dragon's breathe shotgun at one point.  I would have loved that.  He also told me he had a SWAT rifle in at one point, but didn't.  Also no grenades.  I wonder if his inventory is tied to a skill I didn't have high enough, or if it was an actual bug.

I never got some payments in my mailbox that I was supposed to either.

I was also unable to get that surfer thin-blood to give me his side-quest, but I started over with a female malkavian, and she got it.

I was pleased with the ending I got.  I sided with the Anarchs, and enjoyed watching my character stab and slice LaCroix at the end.  Then I dropped the key and told him it was a gift from the anarchs and left the building.  Kinda glad I did that, as it turned out.

I would like to know what the heck everyone was getting so anxious over, if the coffin only held a mummy.  Maybe it was just everyone sensing the building up of tension between the various sides in LA.

Playing it through a second time, that girl on the beach gives everything away, but she does it so early and so cryptically, that you don't actually have any surprises spoiled.  Unless you really pay attention to everything she says.  I like that.

When she said I could trust the person on the couch and the lone wolf, I knew that Mercurio was the guy on the couch, but I kinda assumed Jack was the wolf.  I guess not.  Now I think she meant Beckett.  I never even realized Jack was using me just like everyone else was.

So, in conclusion, I really enjoyed it.  It was a heck of a ride, and now I can go back and see how differently things play out as a different kind of vampire.  I hear Malkavians have a lot of interesting things that happen to them...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 05:21:58 AM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"

I would like to know what the heck everyone was getting so anxious over, if the coffin only held a mummy.  Maybe it was just everyone sensing the building up of tension between the various sides in LA.

Frankly, that disappointed me a bit. The whole ending was a let-down, as was the last 20% of the game, which, for me, seemed to degenerate into typical FPS crapola. The first 80% of the game was great enough that it was still an enjoyable experience, but the last part of the game was a grind.
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 07:05:05 AM »

Spoilers

I would like to know what the heck everyone was getting so anxious over, if the coffin only held a mummy. Maybe it was just everyone sensing the building up of tension between the various sides in LA.

When the kindred sensed something powerful enter the city, they all just assumed it was the coffin which arrived in the city at the same time. We discover in the end that it wasn't the coffin, so it must be something else:

Though it's left open in the game, the files reveal that the taxi driver Jack introduces you to is in fact Caine. I'd place my bet on him being what they're all sensing (after all, he's even more old and powerful than what they thought was in the coffin).

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 08:36:45 AM »

It could be the taxi driver...  The seer thin-blood in the beginning does say something about "the father", as I recall.  But she also asks if he is just pretending to be the father.  

So maybe he is what they are sensing, and he is an ancient vampire, but I would doubt he's actually Caine.  After all, why would the father of all vampires give a rat's ass about the petty machinations of a loser like LaCroix?  I mean, he must be a pretty lowly vampire, he couldn't even dominate a brand new vamp like me....

I didn't find the last few levels to be a grind.  My Tremere was pretty good at the old sneaky-kill-with-a-katana move by then.  I can see how if you tried to blast your way through, it could be hard.  I did have to reload in a couple of spots because of being caught and having everyone in the level zero in on me.

I wish I had found some sort of silent ranged weapon.  I discovered in the sewers that if I fired a gun, every monster in earshot would come, but if bad guys fire a gun, they don't seem to care.  So it was at that point I decided to refocus my combat skills on melee and stealth kills whenever possible.

Oh, and I also wish it had been possible to rescue Heather...  That bummed me out, but I saw it coming, what with all the chances I had to release her...

Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 07:30:33 AM »

Anyone know what other endings there are?

The one I got was the same as above.  I sided with the Anarchs, gave LaCroix the key, then he proceeded to blow himself up.

Then I get a small cutscene with Jack sitting with the mummified Messerach and the cab driver/Cain figure showing up slightly on screen and saying that everything is the will of Cain.

Oh, and Nines kicking that werewolf's ass was just classic.  I really thought he was dead, and next thing I know I'm talking to a worse for wear Nines with a werewolf head next to him.  Man that'll make a nice trophy.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 06:41:15 PM »

I kinda wish, since I was playing a Tremere, that I had done the Tremere ending...  

But I don't have any saves from before I did the Anarch ending, so I guess I will have to save that one for another time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: