http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 06:33:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished Oblivion  (Read 981 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2006, 05:06:59 AM »

So, I "finished" Oblivion (main story quest just finished and everything except ninroot and wine quests...and the Daedra quests, but I can't bring myself to be the bad guy [I still feel guilty about the Dark Brotherhood quests, but the story was as good as everyone said]).  It took me 170 hours and 17 minutes and 1 second (that time is inflated with times I wandered away from the 360).  Here's my real question for everyone.  I have a theory that I am a save freak.  Saving in Oblivion is a bit of a chore, as it slows down when you access the hard drive and really starts chugging if you have a lot of saves on there. I clocked in as having saved 1535 times.  That's a save every six and a half minutes, if I did the math right (it's late and I may not have).  How many saves have the rest of you used?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 05:21:52 AM »

Yow!  I was a shade over 300 if I recall correctly.  Took me a little over 120 hours.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:35:28 PM »

Took me right around 120 hours as well when I beat the PC version, but I don't remember the save stats. I know I saved a bit (rotated around 4 save games and the autosave), but I don't think I was that nuts with my save games.  icon_wink

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »

It took me about 50 hours to get to the point where I beat the main game. I had about 100 saves. I fully intend to go back and finish the other two quest lines I never got too so I can finish of the gamer points. Then, I would very much like to get on to the PC version and all the mods and play through it again from the start!
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on August 29, 2006, 01:38:46 PM

It took me about 50 hours to get to the point where I beat the main game. I had about 100 saves. I fully intend to go back and finish the other two quest lines I never got too so I can finish of the gamer points. Then, I would very much like to get on to the PC version and all the mods and play through it again from the start!

I'm playing it through again on my PC with OOO 1.3.  It's a vastly different game, much much harder.  More enjoyable because of that.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »

Finished all quest lines including all the town quests and Daedric quests. 179 hours w/ 353 saves. The funny thing is that the item you get for finishing the Daedric line was better than the end game Dragon armor you get(after you wait the two weeks).

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 03:01:17 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on August 29, 2006, 02:47:21 PM

I'm playing it through again on my PC with OOO 1.3.  It's a vastly different game, much much harder.  More enjoyable because of that.

My question about OOO 1.3 is this: What does it do in regards to the scaling of enemies/world? That's been my biggest gripe thus far with the game in that I'm constantly swimming upstream. I've been waiting on OOO 1.3 before I restart from the ground up so any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 03:24:16 PM »

Ha ha, Bullwinkle... so you really didn't "finish" Oblivion did you?  icon_twisted

I can't really imagine how anyone could ever be certain that they've done everything in a game like this, you'd go nutty trying to... there MUST be one more cave... maybe over here...  :icon_eek:

And if it makes you feel any better (it probably shouldn't, lol) I am an absolute save freak, when given the opportunity.  I don't like repeating things in games - I'm always lost -  if i get sent back a half hour, it could take me an hour just to find where I was, let alone what I'd been doing!  So I am about 1/3 of the way through the game - thanks to FFXI addiction - and I'll bet I have as many saves as you do, if not more, lol.  It's that sad...  disgust  But on the other hand, I really, really get my money's worth from games!  icon_cool

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 03:27:22 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 29, 2006, 05:06:59 AM

I clocked in as having saved 1535 times.

eek
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on August 29, 2006, 02:47:21 PM

OOO 1.3 finally came out? Got a link to pull it?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 03:16:50 AM »

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/file/Oscuros_Oblivion_Overhaul;68542#Download

Just DL'd it and going through the readme right now. Holy crap there's a ton of changes and updates.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 04:27:18 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on August 30, 2006, 03:16:50 AM

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/file/Oscuros_Oblivion_Overhaul;68542#Download

Just DL'd it and going through the readme right now. Holy crap there's a ton of changes and updates.

Yeah, I read that too. Is it worth taking another 120 hour run through the game or not though...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: