http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 04:58:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished KoToR2 + questions I hope folks can answer  (Read 1911 times)
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2004, 08:02:48 PM »

I found the ending to be more satisfying than in the first game. It's nice seeing how your companions will go on in their lives, and how your decisions affected the planets you were on. I wish we could've found out more about the Ravager dude, but that could've just been my fault for not getting enough information out of Kreia and the blind girl.

So, before I restart going through Dark Side, I want to figure out a couple things.

Does anyone know what the actual triggers are for you to get your prestige class option from Kreia? Is it level based, planets "solved" based, or influence based? I'm guessing it's either the first or second there.

Also, I never used Atton at all, but my friend told me that in his game, he talked to the guy a lot and used him quite a bit and Atton eventually became a Jedi Sentinel. Can any of your other companions become Jedi? Is that influence based? Does Atton always become a Sentinel, or does he become the kind of Jedi that your character is? I'd like to have a companion who's a Jedi Guardian if possible.

Thanks folks.
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 09:32:47 PM »

Quote from: "malichai11"
Does anyone know what the actual triggers are for you to get your prestige class option from Kreia? Is it level based, planets "solved" based, or influence based? I'm guessing it's either the first or second there.

Also, I never used Atton at all, but my friend told me that in his game, he talked to the guy a lot and used him quite a bit and Atton eventually became a Jedi Sentinel. Can any of your other companions become Jedi? Is that influence based? Does Atton always become a Sentinel, or does he become the kind of Jedi that your character is? I'd like to have a companion who's a Jedi Guardian if possible.

My guess would be when you build your lightsaber it is triggered. But because of how linear the game is, that is going to be probably at the same level and after a planet is complete.  I have used Atton quite a bit but he is only halfway up in the light. I try to talk to him as much as possible so I dunno. I got Visas maxed in light but she is already a jedi. Mira is just a hair below maxing right now. So will see with her probably. In a darkside game will probably be different anyway because their will be those who will be easier to move one way or the other.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 10:03:29 PM »

How long did it take you?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 10:12:42 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
How long did it take you?

About 40 hours.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 10:49:41 PM »

Can any of your other companions become Jedi? Is that influence based? Does Atton always become a Sentinel, or does he become the kind of Jedi that your character is? I'd like to have a companion who's a Jedi Guardian if possible.

Thanks folks.

So far, I've gotten Bao Dur to become a Jedi Guardian, the Handmaiden to become a Jedi Guardian, Mira to become a Jedi Sentinel (I think that's what she is), and Atton to become a Jedi Sentinel.

The first person I had influenced to become Jedi, I thought that was pretty damn neat.  By the 4th (Mira), I was a little like bleh, another freaking jedi?  I have to find another damn lightsaber? smile

I didn't understand Bao-Dur at all.  The other 3, I guess I could understand, but Bao-Dur is a freaking mechanic.  I know that Darth Vader et al were accomplished mechanical nerdoids, but Bao-Dur just didn't seem to be the "Force" type of person...
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 11:00:24 PM »

The Handmaiden stopped talking to me pretty quickly, she got annoyed with the time I was spending with the blind girl.

Alright, so what did you do to get Bao Dur to become a Jedi? Just kept talking to him? Did you take him around and travel with him? Was that a common theme with those you got to be Jedi, you spent time with them outside the ship to get extra influence? Is it about influence or your light/dark side or what?
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 07:29:36 AM »

The Handmaiden stopped talking to me pretty quickly, she got annoyed with the time I was spending with the blind girl.

Alright, so what did you do to get Bao Dur to become a Jedi? Just kept talking to him? Did you take him around and travel with him? Was that a common theme with those you got to be Jedi, you spent time with them outside the ship to get extra influence? Is it about influence or your light/dark side or what?

Who is the handmaiden? Is she an optional character? I never even saw her. I finished the game, didn't bother trying that hard to make anybody a jedi, it's not necessary.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 04:07:19 PM »

I actually turned them all jedi ON the ship (except for Mira, which you have to do off the ship).  Just talking to them when plot points open up and are available.  I think Bao-Dur's line opened after Dxun (Mandalore moon), I talked to him on the ship.

Handmaiden only appears if you have a male character.  You get the disciple instead if you're female.
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 06:13:18 PM »

Quote from: "Eightball"

I actually turned them all jedi ON the ship (except for Mira, which you have to do off the ship).  Just talking to them when plot points open up and are available.  I think Bao-Dur's line opened after Dxun (Mandalore moon), I talked to him on the ship.

Handmaiden only appears if you have a male character.  You get the disciple instead if you're female.

There must be more to it than that. I tried every line of questioning for every character everytime I got back on the ship and many times when I was off and always when they started talking to me first and I didn't get any jedi's.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 02:42:03 AM »

Alrighty, specific spoilers ahoy regarding Bao-Dur, Atton, Handmaiden and Mira.

I also was very high in the light side, there may be some sort of polemic requirement (either high light or high dark).  Also, my influence with each one of them was pretty high.

For the Handmaiden, it was after dueling her a bunch of times in the ship, and talking to Kreia about her mother.  You find out her mother was a Jedi Knight, and how it flows in her blood.

For Bao-Dur, it was after Dxun.  He said that he felt "calmer" than before, and I started talking about the force with him.

For Atton, I don't remember honestly.  I'm sure it came when I talked to him about him murdering the jedi he was in love with.

For Mira, talking to her about the flow of life on Nar-Shadda, there's an option "I'll show you sometime" or something along that line.  If your influence is high enough, she says okay, and you have to take her to that spot in Nar Shadda that Kreia opens up some Force Ability for you (it's in the landing area, east side iirc), then you have to reinitiate that convo with Mira.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 04:34:04 AM »

Do they have to be of a certain level? What was the lowest level NPC that became a Jedi?
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 06:07:32 AM »

Alrighty, specific spoilers ahoy regarding Bao-Dur, Atton, Handmaiden and Mira.

I also was very high in the light side, there may be some sort of polemic requirement (either high light or high dark).  Also, my influence with each one of them was pretty high.

For the Handmaiden, it was after dueling her a bunch of times in the ship, and talking to Kreia about her mother.  You find out her mother was a Jedi Knight, and how it flows in her blood.

For Bao-Dur, it was after Dxun.  He said that he felt "calmer" than before, and I started talking about the force with him.

For Atton, I don't remember honestly.  I'm sure it came when I talked to him about him murdering the jedi he was in love with.

For Mira, talking to her about the flow of life on Nar-Shadda, there's an option "I'll show you sometime" or something along that line.  If your influence is high enough, she says okay, and you have to take her to that spot in Nar Shadda that Kreia opens up some Force Ability for you (it's in the landing area, east side iirc), then you have to reinitiate that convo with Mira.

I wonder if it makes a difference if you are male or female. I never saw that line of questioning with Atton, all he ever wanted to talk about was Pazzak. I tried that with Mira, but she said no thanks and I guess I never tried again after that.  I never got the handmaiden because I was playing a female character. Never got anything about Kreia's mother either, so I dunno.

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 03:32:40 PM »

Quote from: "vagabond"
I wonder if it makes a difference if you are male or female. I never saw that line of questioning with Atton, all he ever wanted to talk about was Pazzak. I tried that with Mira, but she said no thanks and I guess I never tried again after that.  I never got the handmaiden because I was playing a female character. Never got anything about Kreia's mother either, so I dunno.

Yeah if you're female, you don't get the handmaiden, you get the disciple who can become jedi also.  Also, it wasn't about Kreia's mother, it was the hand maiden's mother, Kreia just knew about her.  Atton usually only talked about pazaak, but he came clean about being a murderer once to me (remember how Kreia called him Murderer and seemed to be blackmailing him in a cutscene?).

Mira said no thanks for a long time too, but you'll notice a [Influence: Failure] before her text response.  So, whenever I got more influence with her, I'd try it again.

All NPCs if I remember right, were over level 15 or so.  I was definately a weaponmaster by then.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 05:57:06 AM »

All NPCs if I remember right, were over level 15 or so.  I was definately a weaponmaster by then.

I was just reviewing old threads as I'm at the endgame and was wondering when I'd get to pick my prestige class... apparently I broke the game hehe. I'm a 26th level Jedi Guardian on the final planet - I never got the option to pick a prestige class. frown

Booooo!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 03:59:56 AM »

really that hilarious - were you a pretty neutral character???  you get prestige class round level 15 and with a significant light or dark side leanin (not sure how much - but remember you are about to become either a "good guy" or a sith) - then ya talk w/ kreia

thats funny though youre prob right and did break the game wouldnt be surprised - or ya could just be too neutral - come on apathy is death smile

also questions of my own - i had NO CLUE you could make peeps jedi!  can ya do this with a dark side character? ive been pretty harsh with all my people as im evil and wanted to play like that.  i dont have mira i have the giant fuzzy animal.  handmaiden wont talk to me and i could care bout bao dur - anyone else?  mandalore?  should i keep talkin with atton? thanks!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2005, 04:54:51 AM »

I've had the light master bonus for quite some time. I gained pretty much all the light points that were out there to be gained. I guess I just missed the window to talk to Kreia. The manual said something about choosing your prestige class at a significant point in the game.. I guess I was waiting for something more significant than getting my light saber Tongue

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 07:37:59 PM »

I just finished Nar Shadda and can pick any planet to go exterminate those filthy jedi.  Got a favorite planet I should go to first?

TheMissingLink on PSN
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 07:53:34 PM »

Hit Korribon first.

It was my favorite of all the planets...
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 10:02:51 PM »

Make sure you have your lightsaber before going to Korriban.  There's a part you can't get to unless you have a lightsaber, and it's blocked off after you leave, so you can't go back once you get your saber.

Other than that, I don't know if there's any particular order to do them in.  Onderon takes much longer than the other two, that's pretty much it.  Unless you're female, then I'd do Dantooine next, because... (minor spoiler)

You get a character there if you're female.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: