http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:25:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished games list - 2005 edition: Keep it updated!  (Read 3840 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2005, 09:43:14 AM »

I'll start off the 2005 edition of the finished games list with a game that was released in 1989 slywink  I'm replaying all the Dragon Warrior games as I wait impatiently for DW8's released, and I just finished the GB Color remake of the original game last night, so

Dragon Warrior (Gameboy Color)
Dragonball Z : Legacy of Goku 2 (Gameboy Advance)
Star Wars Episode 3 (XBox)

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 01:31:55 PM »

I'll update the Sticky thread with a 2k5 moniker

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 02:47:41 PM »

Ummm since we didn't have a General Gaming section I started this in PC Gaming.

Oops?
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 02:50:57 PM »

MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
KOTOR II
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 03:59:12 PM »

Already Completed:

Metroid Fusion

Soon:

Yoshi's Island
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 04:55:57 PM »

ratchet & clank: up your arsenal

short take: finally 'discovered', & played through, all 3 games in the series, back-to-back &, unlike just about everyone else, i was disappointed in uya: tho the humor content (secret agent clank rules!) easily bested the previous 2 (no small feat), gone were such things as grinding & racing, replaced by (i'm assuming because of the 'multiplayer' feature?) endless, near-overwhelming combat mayhem. maybe it was just a case of r&c fatigue on my part, but i don't think so - as challenging/frustrating (for me, anyway) as the missing elements were, they really rounded out the over-all diversity that is the classic 'r&c experience', & their absence (along with the substitution of 'missions' for planetary exploration & the new fun-but-not-all-that-clever captain quark mini-games) left uya kinda lacking the 'magic' of the other 2 for me...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 06:20:16 PM »

Finished in 2005:
GBA:
Yoshi's Island
Metroid Fusion
*Metroid Zero
Astro Boy

DS:
Wario Ware Touched!

PSP:
*THUG 2

Xbox:
Halo 2
Chronicles of Riddick
Star Wars Battlefront (campaign)
*Star Wars Episode III
*Rallisport Challenge 2 - *.careers

Gamecube:
Paper Mario 2 (game + 100 trials)

PS2:
Smackdown:HCTP

PC:
Call of Duty:United Offensive (why aren't more ppl playing this?)
HalfLife 2

* - latest additions 5/18

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 08:54:47 AM »

"Ummm since we didn't have a General Gaming section I started this in PC Gaming."

I didn't read the first post in that thread, and assumed it was just for PC games, so I copied it and put in this section for console games.  Also, since the sticky thread has a section for finished games, I might as well delete this thread.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 04:44:12 PM »

Xbox Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

That's all so far.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 10:18:25 PM »

2005 Finished Games
==============

(Jan) Shadow Hearts 1 (PS2)
(Feb) Resident Evil 4 (GC)
(Mar) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC)
(Mar) Devil May Cry (1) (PS2)
(Apr) Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon (Xbox)
(Apr) Doom 3 (Xbox)
(May) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox)
(May) God of War (PS2)
(May) Metal Gear Acid (PSP)
(June) Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA)
(July) Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
(Oct) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)

Next Up:

Haven't decided yet.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 11:08:33 PM »

Knights of the Old Republic 2

...right.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 02:53:12 AM »

ATB's Hits List:

Knights of the Old Republic 2 22/Jan/05 - An absolute masterpiece A+
Psi Ops: The Mindgae Conspiracy 6/feb/05 - The equivalent of a good mindless action movie.  I'm on board for a sequel B
NBA Street Vol 2 2nd time 18/feb/05.  One of the all time greats.  Good alternate to Mercenaries...
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within 15/apr/05.  A great game!
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 03:06:08 AM »

the legend of zelda: the minish cap

short take: grand adventure on a smaller than small scale. everything done just right, with the minish concept executed beautifully (nice amount of 'four swords' stuff included as well), &, for me, just right, story & length -wise (i'll just add that i didn't read the review describing the final boss battle as the toughest zelda boss battle ever til i'd already bought the game - d'oh! - but hell if it just might be, at least for these over-sized, not-so-young hands. i mean, whew!...)

highly recommended...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 03:09:10 AM »

My finished Games on any system:

Vigilante 8 2nd Encounter (Dreamcast)
Air Force Delta (Dreamcast)
Zombie Revenge (Dreamcast)
Star Wars Battlefront (well, all the campaigns at least)
Halo 2 (again)
Virtua Tennis (Dreamcast)
Sega Bass Fishing (Dream Cast)
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth (PC)
Command & Conquer Generals (PC)
Fable
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Mario Kart Double Dash
Wario Ware Inc (GBA)
NFS High Stakes (PSone)

Backlog:

Jet Grind Radio (Dreamcast)
FFTA (GBA)
Kingdom Hearts (GBA)
Zelda: Minnish Cap (GBA)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Dreamcast)
Dino Crisis (PSone)
Future Cop LAPD (PSone)
Star Lancer (Dreamcast)
Spyro the Dragon (PSone)
Paper Mario 2

Lots to play smile Im Liking the cheaper older games right now.
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 05:02:21 AM »

Just finished Silent Hill 2, with a 5-star rating, whatever that means.
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 01:10:34 PM »

Only ICO so far.

My smile still stays on.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 10:47:07 PM »

paper mario 2: the thousand-year door

short take: great, great experience - enjoyable for all ages, though it's hard to imagine a more engrossing game for (literate) pre-teens especially. extremely likeable cast of characters (good, evil, & indifferent), unpredictable, & sometimes unforgettable, dialogue, just-right music, ingenious battle-system, diverse, clever gameplay, more-than-satisfactory finale, all in a world that's fun to simply hang out in (which you can do thanks to a final save that lets you keep all your goodies - why didn't minish cap have one of those?)...

very glad i saw it through to the end - if you've never done mario (or haven't for a while), this game will knock your 'stache off...

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2005, 12:14:49 AM »

Updated my post and figured it was also time to give this thread a little bumpage
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 01:47:47 AM »

Update: 3/6/05
SW: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (PC)
Warhammer: Dawn of War (PC)
Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf (XBOX)
Descent: Freespace (PC)
Freespace 2 (PC)
Starlancer (PC)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 05:23:49 AM »

As of:

02/19/05

GTA: SA
Mercenaries

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 06:55:07 AM »

Well, my entry is going to be completed, abandoned (after a significant amount of playtime), and in-progress games.  Because I'm cool like that.  And that bored.

**[PC]**

-Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete  

I very recently re-purchased and re-installed this collection with the intent to play through all the campaigns, a feat I never managed to accomplish.  This is really my only goal-based single-player title on the PC at the moment--otherwise I'm playing multiplayer games or skirmishes in Rise of Nations or whatnot.

GRADE:  n/a

**[GCN]**

-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

A decent game that has far too much back-tracking.  Graphics are pretty for the first few hours, but get same-y very quickly.  Normal enemies are tedious, bosses are boring and unimpressive.  Weapons are largely underwhelming.  Once the sheen wears off, it's a war of attrition my patience just couldn't win.

GRADE:  B/B-

-Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door

The game's OK.  It's legitimately funny in parts.  Level design is a little... basic, though.  And the game, for the time being, is horribly linear.  I'm definitely not playing this as much as the my other games, but I'm not ready to give up on it yet either.

GRADE:  B+

**[PS2]**

-Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant

This game never 'clicked' with me for two reasons:

1.)  It's a cocktease.  Whenever you think you've just come to something cool, it turns out to be pretty shallow and lame (ie:  the 'Graveyard' and the elemental forms, Crests in general, (are we like materia?  are we like spellbooks?  why do we have levels?), the 'Solomon's Key', etc).

2.)  It can't decide what it wants to be.  It openly mocks the melodrama of games like Final Fantasy, but obviously borrows heavily from the series and even delves into melodrama that rivals the FFs only minutes after mocking the notion.  Oh, and the setting is horribly under-utilized and is terribly anachronistic.

Sure, it's up there when it comes to average RPGs.  I've played plenty of RPGs worse than Shadow Hearts: Covenant.  What saddens me, though, is that with a little tighter design and a little more depth, this game could have been a masterpiece.  Ultimately I couldn't shake that depressing notion, so I gave up on trying to play the game.

GRADE:  B

-Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

Pardon the disrespect, but:

Jesus.  Tapdancing.  Christ.

WHERE did this game come from?  Why is it so fun?  How does such an (arguably) AAA title sneak up on the market like this did?

Sure, the Swedish guy's voiceover alternates between sounding like he's from Tennessee and like he's from Jersey, but who cares?  Mercenaries is GTA's 'metagame' of mass destruction outside of missions refined to the n-th degree and blessed with destructible buildings.  Sure, the game turns out to be not as varied or deep as GTA because of this choice, but arguably, it's more consistantly fun too.

It's not innovative.  It's not particularly original.  But it's amazingly well-made, and it's just a blast to play.

GRADE:  A

-The Suffering

Talk about being late to the party.

What a ride this game was.  From the cheap-but-effective 'jump' scares to the utterly horrific, disturbing monster design and family "events," The Suffering takes my horror crown from the Resident Evil remake on Gamecube and sets it firmly atop its twisted cranium.

More weapons would have been nice.  Maybe more moves for Torque's 'insane' form.  In fact, I think the game would have been neater if it played the 'insanity' bar up more... I know after having a full bar for a long time Torque would begin to occasionally stop moving and grab his head as if in pain, but beyond that, the bar didn't play any role beyond a charge-up super everything dies move.  I'm not saying I want another Eternal Darkness or anything, but admittedly combat was easy to 'cheap' your way out of by maxing out your 'insane' experience and spamming the map-clearing explosive attack until the waves of enemies dried up.

SPOILER?

Plus, for me at least, the game was very buggy in a certain part -- the slave ship and Clem's escape.  Clem himself was very, very buggy.  It took me 5-6 reloads to finally get him to initiate the conversation to open up the slave ship, and then another 3-4 reloads after that to get him to finally sail away on his ship and get the 'good guy' point.

SPOILER DONE

Still, it was a great game and I'm definitely looking forward to the recently annouced sequel.

GRADE:  B+

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2005, 01:47:28 AM »

the legend of zelda: majora's mask

short take: it took a case of 'linkitis', following minish cap, to get me to finally check this game out. having read so many critical comments about it (never mind the separate, equally disturbing comments about the gc version 'lock-up' problem), i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into. turns out i was about to experience an adventure equal to, & sometimes surpassing, any other loz (or any other title, for that matter) that i've ever played...

yeah, the '3 day' thing is initially disorienting, & yeah, the damn thing did freeze on me twice, but, that aside, the world of this game is so rich, & the characters/events so memorable, i'm pretty much left feeling like i did upon finishing ico or metal gear solid - i want to buy everyone with a gc a copy...

an amazing, ingenious, truly inspired, 'all-time favorite' -type game...

depward

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2005, 02:16:16 AM »

Just finished Xenosaga I.  Didn't do the card game nor the Mr. Driller game, though I did get enough segments to get the Erde Kaiser SUUUPPEERR WEEAAPON.  ZFinished in about 39 hours, believe it or not.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2005, 03:31:36 AM »

The Getaway: Black Monday
Demon Stone (Finished on Hard difficulty)
Jedi Academy (Normal Difficulty, Light Side)
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2005, 01:08:38 AM »

devil may cry 3: dante's awakening

short take: already said more than enough about it, i think smile . aside from moving from thrill-ride to non-stop boss-level combat towards the end, the game pretty much does everything right. skill-wise, dante's as rich, & easy to control, an action game character as there's ever been...

even on easy, with a pile of red orbs from the get-go, dmc3 can be nasty. it's probably not a game for everyone, but it's extremely well put together, &, all in all, i had much fun...

wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 05:00:31 AM »

Resident Evil 4

Woohoo! My first console title completed!

How does this work again?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 07:08:25 AM »

Looking at my post 4 up from this one is pretty funny.  Just finished Xenosaga II.  Just wanted to advance the story . . . and at the end of the game there, it was kind of hard to push on.  But after defeating the final boss, the ending just made me want Xenosaga III SO bad.  I hope they actually release the next episode . . . and modify the game system (i.e. the battle system, voices, and no GS system).

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2005, 02:19:20 AM »

god of war

short take: judged as a huge (& gorgeous) tech demo indicating the continued viability of fixed camera, 3rd person action/adventures as a game genre, god of war is a tremendous accomplishment. &, to the extent that i far prefer such games to shooters, i'm very grateful... judged as an actual game, tho, well, all i can add to all the stuff i've already said up here is, yeah, maybe 'kratos will return', but not to my ps3...

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2005, 09:58:22 AM »

God of War

I can never play through games like this...but hot damn, this was a fine game.  Mighty fine.  Exciting throughout.  A couple of annoying parts, but overall, an excellent game.  I got through it in about 9 hours.

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2005, 10:27:14 PM »

metal gear acid

(not so) short take: pretty much here & here...

if you like mgs (& have a psp), & you don't already have it, what is your problem? are you crazy?... otherwise, from what other people have said, even if you don't like mgs you just might like acid anyway...

worth $290? for me, absolutely...

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 07:29:05 PM »

Time for a bump!
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2005, 11:18:27 PM »

Thanks for the reminder to update this smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
stolazi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2005, 11:29:01 PM »

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Sly Cooper and the Thevius Raccoonus
Ico
God of War
Fable
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Brothers in Arms
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Resident Evil 4
Halo 2
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Abandoned games:
Super Mario Sunshine (quit at about the 50% mark)
Viewtiful Joe 2 (quit at about the 40% mark)
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2005, 08:49:59 PM »

Bump! Chalk up another victory for the good guys; I just finished Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones .
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2005, 09:57:01 PM »

Batman Begins
Rez Evil 4
God of War
Star Wars Battlefront
Pariah
Killzone (second time through)

about all I can think of at this time.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2005, 06:53:38 PM »

It's been a month.  Time for a bump.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »

I finished Destroy All Humans this morning.  I also re-completed Sam and Max Hit the Road but I suspect you mean current titles. slywink  That said, I finished God of War the other day.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2005, 10:17:46 PM »

since last time:

fire emblem: sacred stone  smile
killer 7  :twisted:
riviera  biggrin

(see associated threads for details...)

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2005, 12:37:50 AM »

I've actually been updating my list in this thread at the top of the page. But to cut/paste my list thus far this year:

Completed:

2004 Completed Titles:

Prince of Persia (PS2)
The Simpsons: Hit & Run (XBox)
The Suffering (PS2)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (XBox)
Return of the King (XBox)
Chronicles of Riddick (XBox)
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon (XBox)

2005 Completed Titles:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Mercenaries (XBox)
The Bard's Tale (XBox)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
God of War (PS2)
Freedom Fighters (XBox)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (XBox)
Cold Fear (PS2)
XIII (XBox)
Half-Life 2 (PC)
True Crime: Streets of LA (PS2)
Katamari Damacy (PS2)
The Curse of Monkey Island (PC)
Serious Sam (PC)

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2005, 03:48:32 PM »

It took me three months, but I finished Final Fantasy Tactics Advance last night. Easiest final battle in any game I've played, and I didn't spend a lot of time doing optional stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: