http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 07:56:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: finally....no final fantasy for 360  (Read 1207 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2007, 06:07:53 AM »

well....its been said,the xbox 360 will not see final fantasy any time soon...no final fantasy 13....or FF13 versus

looks like i am gonna have to get that PS3 after all.......but not until FF13 comes out,which will be next year sometime....damn,1 console for 2 games(MGS4 being the other)...BUT.to tell you the truth,as much as i am looking forward to FF13....blue dragon and lost odyssey are the ones i am looking forward to more,hopefully if they sell well in the west,and PS3 continues to do...okay-ish,then maybe Squeenix will get jealous and change their mind...who knows....at the moment though it seems it will just be project sypheed and the last remnant from SE...shame

with this news and yesterdays(or the day before)news that they arent going to remake FF7...i sometimes wonder if they have their head screwed on right retard crybaby

and please,lets not make this a PS3 v 360 thing disgust

http://kotaku.com/gaming/this-page-intentionally-left-blank/no-final-fantasy-for-you-xbox-266191.php

and from IGN:
US, June 5, 2007 - Looking for more Final Fantasy following the Xbox 360 port of Final Fantasy XI? Then you're going to have to look to a different next generation system. A Square Enix executive has disclosed to Japan's Nikkei BP that the company currently has no plans for Final Fantasy games on the 360.

Noting that the PS3 is getting Final Fantasy XIII, the website asked Square Enix's Shinji Hashimoto if the Wii or Xbox 360 will also be getting games in the series. "For the Wii, we have FF Crystal Chronicles in production," replied Hashimoto. "As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."

Strong words from Hashimoto, although perhaps if everyone goes out and buys Last Remnant (that includes you!), Square Enix will have a change of heart.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 07:10:06 AM »

Saying it is currently a blank page doesnt mean it will never happen.  And if it never does... I guess I'll just have to cry myself to sleep tonight. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:26:07 AM by GatorFavre » Logged

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 07:30:54 AM »

So it seems that Sony finally paid Square enough to guarantee exclusivity.  It's pretty likely that a deal was made, Sony can justify the huge cost of such a deal because they know, without a doubt, that getting the first next gen final fantasy on their system will make it sell, just like FF7 and FF10 did.

Eh, so you have to wait a few years until the system drops in price.  We'll likely see a price drop before, or to coincide with the release of FF13 considering the game is at least a year and a half away.

I've been planning to get a PS3 for a while now simply because I want to play PS2 games that I've missed, and then have a future proof system on top of that.  It's pricey, but I am someone who can use a lot of the system's extra features beyond gaming.

Versus 13 is supposedly a multiplayer capable FF13 spinoff (or side story?) that's more action based and will probably have online multiplayer.  Hopefully Sony gets Home working and generally fixes up their online support and matchmaking.  And I really hope FF13 or Versus includes co-op, which from the interviews it seems it will.

Just be glad you get Gears and Mass Effect.  slywink  I'm actually looking forward to Mass Effect more simply because of the new NPC interactions, that's more next gen to me than the latest graphical effects.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:51:02 AM by Turtle » Logged
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »

Square had better have gotten an outstanding deal on this.  With the pathetic install base of the PS3, and the Wii outselling it by 5-to-1 a month over there, one could hope that Square got enough cash from Sony that they don't actually HAVE to make a game.  That means that, rather than concentrate on a game that will garner massive sales (because a game that sells for 80% of the PS3 owners there won't do THAT much better than one that sells for 65% of the PS3 owners over there), they can make their 'dream game'.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 11:54:55 AM »

I don't think it has much to do with "buying" exclusivity here.  Sony didn't buy exclusivity on the Final Fantasy name (hence the Wii and DS games) though they might have purchased it on select titles.  But that doesn't prevent Square from making another FF offshoot game and either making it 360 exclusive or multiplatform. 

I'm betting that that they want to see how they do with Last Remnant before committing to the platform. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:17:28 PM by Kevin Grey » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 12:10:34 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 06, 2007, 06:07:53 AM

Don't go pre-ordering yet, though.  There are some pretty strong rumors (I even saw a headline saying it was confirmed, but who knows) that MGS4 is 360 bound.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 06, 2007, 11:54:55 AM

I don't think it has much to do with "buying" exclusivity here.  Sony didn't buy exclusivity on the Final Fantasy name (hence the Wii and DS games) though they might have purchased it on select titles.  But that doesn't prevent Square from making another FF offshoot game and either making it 360 exclusive or multiplatform. 

I'm betting that that we want to see how they do with Last Remnant before committing to the platform. 

I agree completely-in fact, I still think its distinctly possible a main FF game will hit the 360 if sales continue to stay reasonabl strong and if a JRPG like Blue Dragon does surprising numbers. I don't think Sony has purchased squat yet-this is Square being somewhat typically anti-American companies and hedging their bets.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on June 06, 2007, 07:10:06 AM

Saying it is currently a blank page doesnt mean it will never happen.

My thoughts exactly. Especially if the PS3 continues their 'less than stellar' sales trend.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:39:49 PM »

"As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."

I read that as "there are no solid plans as of yet"
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 06:24:05 PM »

Quote from: Laner on June 06, 2007, 04:39:49 PM

That's how I read it too. In the past, when Square has been specific on exclusives, they've not been afraid to say "it's not going to happen" rather than saying it's a "blank page". Stating that the 360 is currently a completely blank page just means that they haven't decided what to write on it yet.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 06:29:45 PM »

Quote from: Laner on June 06, 2007, 04:39:49 PM

Ditto.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 02:27:03 PM »

blank page != closed book.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »

A clarification by Squeenix today...  no CURRENT plans, meaning there is no intention to rule out the 360.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »

So all that really means is that unless it sells poorly on the PS3, it won't be coming to the 360.  But FF13 would likely do a lot to sell the system and make its own sales.  If there is ever a Final Fantasy on the 360, don't expect to see it for quite some time.
unbreakable
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 11:03:46 PM »

I'm guessing it will be more like the way GTA was exclusive to the PS2.  It seemed like the XBox version came out the day the exclusivity agreement ended.

In the same way, I wouldn't be surprised if Squeenix were secretly working on FF for the 360, and have it come out as soon as Sony's exclusivity expires.  But of course, they would need to keep that under the hat, since it's not really exclusive if they admit working on a version for another platform.

Also, having Squeenix develop a game for a non-Japanese console is a pretty big step.  I'm actually kind of shocked that Microsoft didn't offer a really sweet deal to get them to ditch the PS3.  Or maybe they did, but Sony made them an offer they couldn't refuse.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 01:52:45 AM »

I doubt FF13 will make it to the 360, but I'd be very surprised if the next FF MMORPG doesn't.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 01:56:12 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on June 08, 2007, 05:57:27 PM

A clarification by Squeenix today...  no CURRENT plans, meaning there is no intention to rule out the 360.

And there you go.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 05:55:20 AM »

heres another one from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/gaming/reversal-of-fortune/square+enix-isnt-writing-off-ff-on-xbox-267396.php

this part is my favourite

While Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter and the company's own Shinji Hashimoto have said it's unlikely Final Fantasy series will come to the Xbox 360, Square-Enix says it's not an impossibility.

dont you just love it when they change their opinion and go 180 degrees the other way...they are teasing us 360 owners arent they???

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 06:38:29 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 09, 2007, 05:55:20 AM

heres another one from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/gaming/reversal-of-fortune/square+enix-isnt-writing-off-ff-on-xbox-267396.php

this part is my favourite

While Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter and the company's own Shinji Hashimoto have said it's unlikely Final Fantasy series will come to the Xbox 360, Square-Enix says it's not an impossibility.

dont you just love it when they change their opinion and go 180 degrees the other way...they are teasing us 360 owners arent they???

an now if they say no again they'll have trully gone 360 degrees......

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 08:15:45 AM »

Eh, they're in a tough spot since these next gen wars aren't over.  Sony needs a killer ap, Square has had a very good relationship with Sony, and it's likely Sony is paying them for some form of exclusivity.

So they can't come right out and say there's not going to be a FF game on the 360, it all depends on whether Sony can sell enough PS3s to get enough game sales to justify the exclusive.  But, to do that Sony needs a killer ap like Final Fantasy, Killzone 2, and God of War 3.

It's kind of a catch-22.  But then again, all Square has to do is just keep developing, release on the PS3 to comply with their temporary exclusivity deal.  Then see if the sales are good.  If so, they stick with Sony for a while longer.  If it bombs, there's no doubt they'll port it to the 360.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: