http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 12:25:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got XBox Live...  (Read 1026 times)
pricecs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2005, 02:49:30 PM »

With the purchase of one of those new Wireless Travel Routers (a D-Link  DWL-G730AP - switches between Router, AP and wireless bridge), and a 2 month free code - I've finally gotten onto the XBox Live wagon  biggrin

Gametag:  pricecs

So far, it's been a funexperience - I've been playing MechAssault 1 and having a blast with the new maps \ gametypes.

However, one online game is not enough - what's everyone else playing online these days? I'm going to drop into Gamestop and see what they have ~$20 today (I'm too cheap to pay $50 - lol).

Also, I don't have the headset - how much does that really add to the feel? I do think I may get the full 12 month kit, but not just yet...

Chris.
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 03:57:32 PM »

Congrats!

The headset is key to plying people in here. There's nothing like taunting Lockdown!

I also suggest, if you're into sports at all, any of the ESPN games from this year - They can all be had for  under $20,

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 04:30:17 PM »

The headset is the one of the single most important and best pieces of the whole Live setup. Playing Halo 2 with people time and time again and actually talking to them while you do it changes the game drastically.

And in games like Ghost Recon 2, it's almost impossible to really play multiplayer the way it's meant to be played without the headset.

And as far as games, well the above two games are both in my "It's owning me right now and I damn near can't stop playing" category.

Other Live games that are good times are Burnout 3, Mechassault 2, and Dead or Alive: Ultimate.

There are also apparantly good times to be had playing Links 2004 on Live, if golf is your thing.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 06:26:45 PM »

The Top 25 Xbox Live games list should give you some ideas for games that are still popular and in your price range.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 07:11:29 PM »

Wow Driver, I didn't know their website had a list like that. But then I don't visit it too often either.

Pretty cool though.

I guess I'm a pretty typical live gamer right now, given that my two favorite games of the moment are the two most popular.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 07:50:31 PM »

If you like racing games, you can't go wrong with the excellent Live support in Project Gotham Racing 2.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
pricecs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 08:25:26 PM »

Funny you should say that - I came home with PGR2 today  smile  

I've been a big fan since the original Dreamcast version - this is quite an improvement over the past 2 releases. Although I still suck - lol

From what I'm picking up from here, it sounds like my next thing may be the 12mth Starter - to get the headset and Crimson Skies, and then maybe a little Burnout 2 to follow...
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 01:50:14 AM »

Burnout 2 isn't really online, only scoreboards. Burnout 3 is a blast, though. Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball is a fun FPS and a great change of pace from Halo 2 and Ghost Recon 2. Best Buy had it for $20 recently; if you see it for a nice price, snap it up. Rallisport Challenge 2 is a great rally racer, also $20. Carve is a fantastic jetski racing game, though I don't know if a lot of people are still playing. I like firing it up every so often and placing in the top ten in the world. It's less than $10, used. World Championship Poker is good fun for $20. Outlaw Golf 2 is a great golf game, also retailing for $20. All the ESPN games are great.

In other words, there's a whole world of fun out there. Enjoy.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Napoleon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 11:15:51 AM »

Huh, according to that Top 25 Live Games of All Time list, Crimson Skies rates higher than Project Gotham 2....then how come I could NEVER find any goddamn games after the first two-three months or so? Grr!!

HELLO!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: