http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 10:10:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got a 360...  (Read 387 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2007, 04:46:32 PM »

I've been on austerity budget since I found out how much we spent on our wedding in May, but after I became the odd man out among my little group of old college friends, my hand was forced.  Take a slow day at the office, some holiday cash, some new fantasy football winnings and a long lunch, and Teggy has joined the current generation.

I actually picked up an Arcade machine because there were no Pros to be found yesterday and I really didn't want the pack-in games anyway.  I picked up a Live kit, since I needed the headset and a subscription renewal, and I got the little web cam, 200 MS points and some free arcade games as a bonus.  Also picked up a play and charge kit, and I already have a second (wired) controller at home I had bought to use with my pc.  I ordered a refurbed 20GB hard drive for $50 shipped.  Finally, I picked up a copy of Tomb Raider: Legend for $20 used and got my first 60 nerd points smile  (see my avatar to the left)

The only trouble I have had so far is with the Live connection.  The first bunch of times I tried to sign on, all the tests passed, but it couldn't sign in to Live.  Then I was able to sign in but would often be dropped out.  I never really had these problems with my original XBox.  Finally I just put the box in the DMZ and we'll see how that goes.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 04:54:27 PM »

Certainly check to make sure all of your router settings are right, but I think that Live has been having issues the last couple days.  My connection was doing something similar, or it would log in when I booted up the machine and then a little bit later just kick me off and not let me back on.  Probably all of the new gift consoles and vacationers online overloading the servers.

And welcome to the club! 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »

Grats welcome to the club!!
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »

Live has been a bit flaky due no doubt to many people getting 360s for X-mas. Congrats I hope you enjoy your new 360 as much as I have the past couple of months.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: