http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FINALLY! Brothers in Arms Reviewed!  (Read 7925 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2005, 05:48:38 AM »

Ok, first the bad news, it seems like to put more distance between the versions (a move I frankly think is both idiotic and assinine since they have said the different versions are all complete), it looks like the PC version has been pushed back from 3/8 to 3/15. Yeah, probably getting the XBox version now. Dont feel like waiting. ANyways, wihtout futher ado:
http://http://xbox.ign.com/articles/592/592373p1.html

Like most of us here at IGN, I'm still a huge fan of Call of Duty and Battlefield 1942. While those games have their own unique strengths, Brothers in Arms takes some of the best features of each and adds an entirely new tactical dimension. Offering up engaging, squad-based battles and presenting it all in an authentic yet undeniably cinematic setting, Brothers in Arms is a game that, to borrow a phrase from General Patton, "grabs you by the nose and kicks you in the ass."

There's no denying that the game is hard. It's so hard, in fact, that I literally almost broke my controller in frustration at one point. I believe I also said a bad word. But even when I was feeling hopelessly outclassed by the enemy, I still felt like there were always new approaches to take to circumvent and outwit the opposition. That's what kept drawing me back for more punishment. And when I did finally succeed, I felt it was because I had learned something, that I had discovered a weakness not in the game but in my enemy

Over at IGN. Good stuff, sounds mostly what I was expecting, a tad more emphasis on the tactical gameplay though, and a little dissapointing in the multiplayer aspect.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 07:58:53 AM »

I'm renting the Xbox version for some weekend split screen coop, then I'm buying the PC version to play through.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 08:12:29 AM »

Technically it doesn`t have coop, does it?

I`m grabbing the xbox version later today. I`ll be on later at night . Rage if you wanna play a bit, my gamertag is Harpua3.

This game looks juts as good as I expected. Both single and multiplayer look like a hoot. Anyone wanting to team up with me, send me a friends request if you want. Later.

Ahhhh, and here`s this too http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/900/Brothers-in-Arms-Road-to-Hill-30/p1/...I`m off to read.

Wow a 9.3 and 9.4 so far! Good stuff indeed.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 09:58:35 AM »

9.5 Presentation
Overall it's a very convincing and exciting production. The perfect blend of history and fun.
9.0 Graphics
The look of the game is undeniably authentic. Character models are the high point here but the environments and effects are also amazing.
9.0 Sound
Very immersive. The chaos of the battlefield never seemed so near. Voice work is good but the actual dialogue is hit or miss.
9.5 Gameplay
The action is intense and engaging. You'll find the tactical elements are simple to use and are well integrated into the overall shooter format.  
9.5 Lasting Appeal
The missions vary a little each time you play them and that's enough reason to try the campaign more than once. Multiplayer is a blast.
9.3 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average) -IGN

Gameplay-9.5
Fantastic presentation, solid controls, and a story that rivals most motion pictures. The accuracy to the events and weapons provides an authentic feel that no other WWII game has managed. The multiplayer mode is a refreshing change from the typical deathmatches we see so often.

Graphics-9.2
Even with its framerate hiccups and few graphical anomalies, this is a beauty to play through. The soldier models are some of the most detailed to date and eerily lifelike.

Audio-9.3
The motion picture-like score complements the gameplay to perfection. The voice-acting is believable thanks to the edgy script. Turn up the 5.1 system because this is how a war game should sound.

Longevity-9.1
The single-player campaign should take you anywhere from 10-15 hours depending on the difficulty. There is plenty of incentive to play through at tougher levels with tons of unlockables. The multiplayer modes further extend the replay value.

Next-gen-9.1
While there have been many WWII FPS games before, none have managed to provide a more realistic representation than Brothers in Arms. The fresh multiplayer mode shows that FPS games aren’t just about deathmatches.
Overall 9.4-Teamxbox

I simply can`t wait. I`ll not going to sleep much tonight! Tongue
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 01:36:21 PM »

i'm still waiting on the pc version.  I have Republic Commando to keep me busy
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 01:55:53 PM »

Game I have been waiting for the longest!  I'm all over it.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »

Well, the early reviews look sweet, as somewhat anticipated.  I will be grabbing this real soon.  Start some impressions next week I guess.  But hard?  That will be fun...I look forward to a nice challenging FPS.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 05:32:17 PM »

I'll wait for MY impressions or my readers impressions.  TeamXbox and IGN are both in the 'inflated scores' category for me.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 06:06:12 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
Technically it doesn`t have coop, does it?

I`m grabbing the xbox version later today. I`ll be on later at night . Rage if you wanna play a bit, my gamertag is Harpua3.

This game looks juts as good as I expected. Both single and multiplayer look like a hoot. Anyone wanting to team up with me, send me a friends request if you want. Later.

Ahhhh, and here`s this too http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/900/Brothers-in-Arms-Road-to-Hill-30/p1/...I`m off to read.

Wow a 9.3 and 9.4 so far! Good stuff indeed.

After much deliberation and soul searching, I have decided to wait for the PC version. As soon as the Xbox version comes available I will rent it to get some feel for the game.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »

I`m grabbing it in a few hours. I won`t be able to play until later though frown . I`ll giev some impressions after I do play though, if I can tear myself away from it.
  As far as teamxbox and Ign having inflated scores, I`ll agree with that sometimes to a degree. But, I`ve really never been mislead by any reviews. Sure maybe one review could be wrong, but more than one. I haven`t ever noticed that before. I know lots of words like Black and white will be thrown around here, but I loved that game! :wink: Plus, the early hands-on impressions have been great. Later.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 06:35:02 PM »

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=473989

One more review is in! 9.0 at 1up.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 07:06:55 PM »

From the 1up review:

But what these static screenshots don't convey is the game's refreshing consistency of design, where developer Gearbox has visualized a hellacious sandbox to test your tactical mettle. You thought you were sick of WWII games? After playing Brothers in Arms, you'll be asking why there aren't more military shooters like this one. It's that good.

Uh... IN!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 07:25:29 PM »

I`m heading out in the next hour to grab this. I`m trying to wait a bit to see if compusa gets it in. It`s on sale for 37.99 there compared to 49.99! The website says they have it for sale for delivary, but the two stores around here don`t have it yet. I`m assuming they do, and they just haven`t scanned the boxes and opened up thta stuff yet. I`ll tell you guys if I do infact grab it from compusa or not. Either way it`s fine, I certainly didn`t plan on getting it for 37.99, but that would be nice. Although the compusa is about 15 miles away and the EB is about 3 or 4 and it`s snowing like crazy outside. So I`ll see where I grab it from :wink: .

BTW, here`s the linky to compusa http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=318452&pfp=SEARCH
 It appears to in-store pickup only though. Fine by me, just wanted to let you guys know.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I'll wait for MY impressions or my readers impressions.  TeamXbox and IGN are both in the 'inflated scores' category for me.

I have to agree. IGN are amazing with review scores, with most big names seeming to get a 9.4 or 9.5. To listen to them, we are living in the best gaming era ever. I prefer grumpy old Eurogamer, where a 8/10 is the same as a IGN 9.5.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 08:33:39 PM »

I justed wanted to you guys to know(you probably already do though) that compusas website isn`t very trustable. The website says the one store somewhat near me does have it, yet the guy on the phone said they do not :roll: . I`m not going to drive all over the place in a snowstorm to save 12 bucks. I`m assuming they do have it, and the system just lags...but that`s chance I`m not going to take. Just wanted to give the heads up.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 09:49:52 PM »

holding it in my hands right now.  man 5 cant come soon enough.

AttA
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 03:03:11 AM »

I grabbed it at EB. I just looked through the instructions etc. They do a good enough job it seems. The little map that comes with it is funny enought too. I`ll play some soon enough and post back tonight or tomorrow. Later.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 03:25:53 AM »

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/brothers-in-arms/592505p1.html

There`s gamespys review. Wow. Another great review. After I visit my "office", I`m off to play. If anyone is going to be on late, and I mean late. Send me an invite. Harpua3 is my gamertag. I`ll still pop back on with impressions sooner than later.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 04:47:24 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Ok, first the bad news, it seems like to put more distance between the versions (a move I frankly think is both idiotic and assinine since they have said the different versions are all complete), it looks like the PC version has been pushed back from 3/8 to 3/15. Yeah, probably getting the XBox version now. Dont feel like waiting.

Actually that works for me slywink  I can buy Republic Commando, win it, and trade it towards BiA for the PC while RC is still getting a decent trade in value.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 06:02:56 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Quote from: "Rage"
Ok, first the bad news, it seems like to put more distance between the versions (a move I frankly think is both idiotic and assinine since they have said the different versions are all complete), it looks like the PC version has been pushed back from 3/8 to 3/15. Yeah, probably getting the XBox version now. Dont feel like waiting.

Actually that works for me slywink  I can buy Republic Commando, win it, and trade it towards BiA for the PC while RC is still getting a decent trade in value.

Thats pretty much exactly what I am thinking right now Ceekay.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 10:07:01 AM »

Wow, this game rocks. I played for two hours or so of the single player and I spend some time with the multiplayer too.

The graphics are rather impressive as a whole. I`ve seen better textures before, but they certainly aren`t bad. Just a bit muddy. It doesn`t even bother me, but I wanted to let you guys know. The trees and grass all look and move realistically in the wind. Where bullets hit dust clouds pop up. The light bloom lighting(if that`s what it is) is really nice and not overly done at all. Explosions and fire seem to look really great too. The physics are impressive so far too. Like I said as a whole, the graphics are really nice.

The sound is also just as good. Everything sounds real to me. Bullets  hitting the ground,the fence, the metal etc. It helps point out that your getting shot at, and from where. The music is good too so far. The voice acting is a mixed bag. I haven`t really heard enough to say how mixed and which way. It`s certainly not taking anything away from the game. Overall I`m really impressed by the sound so far as well.

The gameplay is loads of fun in both sp and mp. The ai is really solid. Beyond solid. It`s not perfect, but really seems to do it`s job. Since the ai is in both sp and mp, this makes both gamemodes really work for me. If you find a good person to team up with, the mp is really rewarding, for me at least. And the sp game has you doing one fun thing and right on to another.

There`s a story. This isn`t COD which had no story(I still loved this game though). But it isn`t as story driven as half-life or thief or something of that nature. It obviously has more story than any other WWII game though, so it seems.

As you can tell I like this game so far. I`ll post more after I play more. Later.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 11:14:14 AM »

And the sp game has you doing one fun thing and right on to another.

Fun things such as:
  -bomb an enemy straight to hell!
  -see those Germans at that bunker?  Kill kill!
  -your squadmate just died - time to get reveeenge!
 biggrin
I'm just playing around - that was the first thing that came to mind when I read that sentence.  Anyways, good impressions!  Sounds like a lot of, yep, fun   smile   Might have to rent it . . .

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 11:45:18 AM »

Since I'm fed up with GT4...and FPS are more up my ally...hmmmmmmmmmmmm....good impressions in the CG forum are so convincing I swear.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 01:57:23 PM »

Can't wait to get home and play it tonight.   Thanks for the impressions.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 03:09:56 PM »

Ok, this game rox plain and simple thats really all you guys need to know...... why are you still here?   Ok let me put it this way.  When i played a game called Full spectrum warrior, i had one thought that kept running through my head.  No matter what i was doing i kept thinking man give ma  CAR-15 and let me shoot those damn terrorists my self.  That was of course followed by a second thought, that being why the hell dont they hit those suppresed people when they pop up and shoot at us.   Well it seems gearbox has a direct line into my brain and they are obviously eavesdropping.   This game is exactaly what i wanted FSW to be except its in WW2 and thats even better.

Personaly i think the game looks like shit (im a PC guy remember), but it does not really matter much to me at all, i still dig it bad grafix and all.  Sound is great, control is tight, and easy to pick up.  I also have to say the bullets hitting the ground and walls are a very nice touch.  By using bullet impacts the way they do, they where able to remove lots of artificial ques you see in most games.  For instance there is no hit indicator.  You dont need one.  when a bullet hits near you, you automaticly know where it came from, because the dirt will kick up in such a way that you naturaly know.  

Another thing to note about this game is this is not COD.  This is not Quake.  As far as damage models go this is much closer to rainbow six, only slightly more forgiving.  Its damn easy to die, esp on hard.  I do recomend playing the game on hardhowever, otherwise its too easy.  At least it was too easy for me.

All in all on the AttA scale of gaming goodness id give this one a 9.  Go Get this game you will love every second of it.

AttA
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 03:19:44 PM »

I got about 4-5 hours in last night and I've come away pleased.

It's a good mix of commanding and shooting. The shooter part is just what you could expect from a good FPS (gun sway, iron sights, limited ammo) and the command side of the game is a bit more free flowing, but very similar to Full Spectrum Warrior. If you enjoyed FSW, you'll more than likely love BiA. When you are a character on the ground with a gun, getting shot at, shooting back, trying to lead your men....it's much more immersive. You're not the invisible puppet master here, you are their Sgt. Cool

The command controls seem odd at first but you soon get used to them (because you have to). The shooting controls are standard fare and easy enough to come to terms with.  

At first I was dissappointed by my team-mates refusal to go exactly where I'd tell them to go, yet I started to notice they were staying in the general area I had asked, but running 30 ft to find better cover or a better position to shoot from. They want to stay alive and follow my commands the best that they can. Granted, I've seen one or two guys standing out in the open on occasion...though they'll take cover once a shot or two is fired their way.

The enemys are tough enough. They are not all-seeing, all-knowing bringers of death, but you will need to use your men wisely to defeat them. They will use basic tactics, and yes, they try to stay alive too.

The 'levels' are linear in the fact that you have places to get to and objectives to accomplish, but they are large and open enough to give you plenty of options on how to do it.  There are a few bottleneck, but they are far between so you don't get the tunnel shooter complex.

I've turned of the crosshairs and most of the indicators and have tried to work off of gut instinct....what I've found is a great little game with some of the most hectic and intense gunfights ever. Good stuff.

2 thumbs up!
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 03:30:50 PM »

I agree with booner lose the crosshair and turn off all the cheepo indicators, put that puppy on hard, and you have your self a damn fine WW2 game.  

Also a note about the AI.  they understand what a flank is.  they know how to flank you, and they will respond to your actions.  I have seen them try and flank my suppression team.  Ive seen them try and flank my assault team as well.  Ive also seen them realize a flanking manuver is coming and watched them make an orderly retreat to new cover.  This is all on hard so im not sure what they do on normal, but ive been pretty damn impressed so far.

Ohh yeah and im a bad bad man with a M1 Carbine.

AttA
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 03:40:13 PM »

Ive also seen them realize a flanking manuver is coming and watched them make an orderly retreat to new cover.

I had my assault team smacked down by this last night. I had a group of about 6-8 pinned down and was being sneaky as I could leading the team on a flanking maneuver. We got into position, I commanded an assault, and once we broke cover to charge in I realized they had re-positioned into new cover facing us.

Run Away! Run Away!

We didn't get far.  :cry:
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2005, 04:10:21 PM »

Quote from: "Booner"
Ive also seen them realize a flanking manuver is coming and watched them make an orderly retreat to new cover.

I had my assault team smacked down by this last night. I had a group of about 6-8 pinned down and was being sneaky as I could leading the team on a flanking maneuver. We got into position, I commanded an assault, and once we broke cover to charge in I realized they had re-positioned into new cover facing us.

Run Away! Run Away!

We didn't get far.  :cry:

LOL same thing happend to me.  I flanked left around a stone wall while my other guy suppresed a group of 6.  While i was moving i heard a german start yelling about Der flanken or something to that effect.  since i was sneaking i did not see the germans split into 2 groups. I did hear my guy say something along the lines of holy shit we are taking some heavy fire.   one group covered the other while they repositioned and put thier iron sights on the end of the wall where i would come out.  I peek out and BAM!!! reload from last check point.  It was fast violent and utterly deadly.  over in seconds if that.

By the way like COD, this one has a great shell shock effect when you take the butt of a KAR 98 to the face.

Booner how do you feel about situational awareness mode?  Have you found any use for it?

AttA
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2005, 06:33:11 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

Eco. You have live! right? If so send me an friend request and we can team up some time. The MP stuff is very fun when you apply some tactics. Great stuff.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2005, 06:41:52 PM »

Attadude, you really don`t like the graphics? I have a high pc and play all the high end games at high settings and still think BIA has good visuals. Like I said the textures aren`t the best I`ve seen, but not the worst by far either. And when I look closely at stuff I can nitpick it, and the graphics aren`t perfect. But, when just relaxing and playing the game I often find that the visuals do a good job of looking gritty and dirty while still having some nice effects and whatnot going off all around me. Overall, I`d still say I`m impressed by the visuals. Not so much as the tech, but the art behind. What TV are yo on? I`m on a 32inch sony trini HD, and this game runs 480p and it looks nice. I`m glad you`re obviously still enjoying the game, and to each his own, but I`m just confused by you thinking the visuals are crap. Oh, well. Enjoy this game everyone.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 06:51:11 PM »

Booner how do you feel about situational awareness mode? Have you found any use for it?

If things aren't so obvious to me I'll use it to look at the terrain so I can plan out movement and/or maneuvers without having the men exposed for too long, plus the odd occasion when things start to heat up too fast to keep up....like 20 Germans coming over a wall on my exposed flank. :?

That said, If it wasn't there, I don't think it would take anything away from the game.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 07:26:38 PM »

Attadude, you really don`t like the graphics? I have a high pc and play all the high end games at high settings and still think BIA has good visuals. Like I said the textures aren`t the best I`ve seen, but not the worst by far either. And when I look closely at stuff I can nitpick it, and the graphics aren`t perfect. But, when just relaxing and playing the game I often find that the visuals do a good job of looking gritty and dirty while still having some nice effects and whatnot going off all around me. Overall, I`d still say I`m impressed by the visuals. Not so much as the tech, but the art behind. What TV are yo on? I`m on a 32inch sony trini HD, and this game runs 480p and it looks nice. I`m glad you`re obviously still enjoying the game, and to each his own, but I`m just confused by you thinking the visuals are crap. Oh, well. Enjoy this game everyone.
 Too gritty to grainy too simple is the general reasons why i think the stuff is crap.  im using a HD wide screen as well.  every effect ive seen done better in a different game on the Xbox.  Take the explosions for instance.  Remember spiking your first AA gun?  That has got to be the most underwhelming explosion i have ever seen.   granted i just came off of playing mercs, but still its was just kind of a crappy low rez puff.  Good thing grafix arent everything hehe.

AttA
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2005, 07:37:55 PM »

You say the explosion was just a puff. Are all explosions suppose to be this enormous ball of fire? Take the movie Band of Brothers. When they were taking out the 88's with their charges I just remember seeing a puff of black smoke and a loud boom. Not everything blows up 50 ft in the air hahahaha.

*This post was not made to start an arguement. Just speculation from ones point of view*  biggrin

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2005, 07:46:29 PM »

As I tend not to pay any attention to previews, this is the first I've heard about this game.  Looks neat... will have to get it on the PC.  May Gamefly the Xbox version though.

gellar
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2005, 07:53:27 PM »

Quote from: "Vindel"
You say the explosion was just a puff. Are all explosions suppose to be this enormous ball of fire? Take the movie Band of Brothers. When they were taking out the 88's with their charges I just remember seeing a puff of black smoke and a loud boom. Not everything blows up 50 ft in the air hahahaha.

*This post was not made to start an arguement. Just speculation from ones point of view*  biggrin

Personal preference i suppose.   However i was under the impression that when dynamyte goes off it does infact make a big ol fire ball.  Then again the only thing ive ever seen blow up was a camper working off of butane.  For reference that did infact make a HUGE ball of fire as well as a nice vertical tower of flame.  

I wonder if the PC version will sport improved grafix.
By the way before some one asks, i got the Xbox version because current circumstanses that are way way too complicated to explain keep me from playing my PC for any length of time.

AttA
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2005, 08:12:02 PM »

That's it.  It has been decided.  I must get this game.  Gotta scrunge up some stuff to trade in...*cough* GT4 *cough*

TheMissingLink on PSN
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2005, 08:14:19 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

Eco. You have live! right? If so send me an friend request and we can team up some time. The MP stuff is very fun when you apply some tactics. Great stuff.

I don't have Live anymore.  I was banned for having a mod chip on the night before Halo 2 was released.  Serves me right, I know...  I have a switch but they are able to go around that now.

I won't be getting Live again, till the Xbox 2 comes out.  

I certainly wish I could play on Live with you though... frown

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2005, 08:19:23 PM »

I`m also in the camp of thinking a AA gun would blow up like it does in the game. Preferences I guess too :wink: .
 Eco,Eco,Eco :roll: ...hehe, just kiddin :wink: .
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2005, 04:08:37 PM »

Still playing the single player and still loving it.

Multiplayer however needs some work. i spent half an hour trying to get into a match and never got to play. i did get to spectate for a few mins in one game, but that was it. This is one of those games that will let you connect to a 3/4 people games even tho some one else has joined before you and will finish loading before you do. the net result is you join a game spend a min loading only to be told that the server is full. I HATE that. Also im not sure why but most of the game i tried to join did not exist anymore after i was done loading. all in all very frustrating so i went back to single player.

AttA
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: