http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 10:54:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Weekend Playlist 2010 - Happy New Years!  (Read 506 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:26:18 AM »

Since apparently I have a four day weekend starting tomorrow (strange, but I'll take it) my weekend playlist goes up... RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm gunning for some more AssCreed: Bros Before Hos because it's freaking awesome to renovate Rome and kill people at the same time. I also snagged Darksiders on Steam this weekend and it's big, dumb, loud, and let's me kill the holy shit out of monsters. Booyah!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:35:12 AM »

Wrapped up my final game of the year by beating Thief Deadly Shadows last night.  I actually set a new record with 19 games finished in 2010, as compared to only 9 last year.   eek

Of course, that means I now need to figure out what game to start 2011 with.  So far, I've been really digging Hinterlands.  It's got a Majesty vibe to it and is highly, highly addicting.  I don't see it having a ton of legs, but will definitely keep me busy for a little while.  And at $2.50 on Steam, that's gaming money well spent.  Will also be trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing in Front Mission 3, and going for my A license in Burnout Paradise.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »

3 day weekend for me.

I'm hoping to finish up Red Dead Redemption.  We are also having the annual new year's eve Rock Band party tomorrow night.

On Sat or Sun I may get in some Starcraft 2 or maybe even start up Fallout New Vegas.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 08:25:06 AM »

Not really having any real foreseeable partying plans for this weekend.

Fallout 3 - Heading to GNR slowly.
BlOps - SP Veteran is done now to just get a few achievements. MP I am getting closer to Prestige 5.

Not sure I have anything else I can finish by the end of the year unfortunately. Maybe Dead Space or Perseus Mandate but I can't seem to get into them much even though I'm about halfway through both...

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »

just ordered Mass Effect 2 for 4.98(which is about the same price as 3 bottles of 2ltr coke!!)...so i am replaying Mass Effect 1 on my other gamertag,and also replaying Grand Theft Auto IV,and still in awe over Liberty City(and if i remember rightly the game had hardly any major bugs as well when released)

been playing more and more of Battlefront 1943 as well,because the sound is awesome with my new X11s

depending if Myto is free,then we will be on Borderlands,but it may be early next week..the end is in sight now,only two arenas to go and we have done everything

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »

Only off on Saturday and Sunday for me  crybaby
I will finally try to finish King Kong for XBOX360 and play some Guild Wars on PC.
KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »

Dragon Age and Enslaved
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »

Because I still have to fix my crippled PC and completely re-install Windows XP.. not sure what gaming I'll do this weekend. Tonight is party, party, party. Maybe I'll just pepper my weekend with some Transformers: War For Cybertron and Little Big Planet on my PS3. Sure wish I can get to sampling my recently-purchased Steam games.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »

Might continue with NFS: Hot Pursuit, although this morning I'm considering taking the plastic wrap off of Fable III as I should be able to play through it relatively efficiently, perhaps by the end of the holiday weekend.  Then I hope to move on to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but my most anticipated new game to start is Mass Effect 2.  Not sure I'm ready for that yet, so I think my focus will be Fable III for now.  I'm taking a break from Black Ops for a bit.  Need something different for a change, although it's nice to go back to from time to time for some more shooteyface.  Perhaps I'll work toward prestiging a third time, but it won't be nearly as quickly as my 2nd time through.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 04:23:10 PM »

finish up Enslaved on the 360, get around to finishing up Uncharted 2, and then start on my next project.  probably not going to be doing much partying this weekend as I spend most of yesterday with chills, coughing, body aches and a sore throat, and after a couple of NyQuil induced comas I still don't feel 100% (at least drinking water isn't painful anymore) so I'll have plenty of free time.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »

Back to black ops, along with some AC: Brotherhood to round things out!

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »

Black Ops, ZHP, Star Wolves 3, maybe pick up Star Point Gemini.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 08:47:58 PM »

OK, I lied.  Used some Best Buy credit to pick up Enslaved this afternoon, so I'll be playing through that instead.  Will also spend some time with Jedi Academy from the Steam sale.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 10:12:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 31, 2010, 04:23:10 PM

finish up Enslaved on the 360, get around to finishing up Uncharted 2, and then start on my next project.  probably not going to be doing much partying this weekend as I spend most of yesterday with chills, coughing, body aches and a sore throat, and after a couple of NyQuil induced comas I still don't feel 100% (at least drinking water isn't painful anymore) so I'll have plenty of free time.

Finished Enslaved, Back to the Future Episode 1 and Star Wars Quicktime Events Unleashed 2.  Figure I may fire up uncharted 2 just to see if I can knock off a 4th game.

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

Didn't play a damn thing this weekend. Ugh. Took me a good chunk of the weekend just to fix my PC and re-install Windows XP. Finally got that done last night. Didn't turn on my PS3. Weekend gaming fail!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:15:41 PM by PR_GMR » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »

I played a little BLOPS, a little NFS:HP and holy crap a lot of WoW.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »

Got about 2/3 of the way through Enslaved, and put around 6 hours into Divinity II.  All in all, a good gaming weekend.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 02, 2011, 10:12:54 PM

Finished Enslaved, Back to the Future Episode 1 and Star Wars Quicktime Events Unleashed 2.  Figure I may fire up uncharted 2 just to see if I can knock off a 4th game.
well Uncharted 2 didn't happen.  tried to fire up Star Ocean Last Hope only to find out the first disc won't work, then ended up starting another freebie in the form of Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, which aside from an annoying lever puzzle that got looked up on Gamefaqs about 5 minutes after contact isn't half bad so far.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 04:41:12 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 03, 2011, 03:13:59 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on January 02, 2011, 10:12:54 PM

well Uncharted 2 didn't happen.  tried to fire up Star Ocean Last Hope only to find out the first disc won't work, then ended up starting another freebie in the form of Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, which aside from an annoying lever puzzle that got looked up on Gamefaqs about 5 minutes after contact isn't half bad so far.

also picked up pop tfs and it's isn't that bad either.  sure, the puzzles are a bit obtuse, but those are easy to get through if you get too stuck.  i do have to relearn the controls after a long session with ACB though. 
other than finishing up a few random moments in ACB, all i did was sample some of the steam games in my giant-ass backlog 'o doom

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: