http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 10:34:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII and spinoffs?  (Read 277 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2006, 10:11:10 AM »

Anyone get more info on these?  I'd like to see a video.

I definitely like it how the new main character is a tougher looking female.  Hopefully we won't have to but up with male leads that look like women.

Made by the FF10 crew, I wonder how they plan to top Auran as the most badass character in an FF game.

The Versus game seems like it might be an online FF action game, at least from the title.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »

From what I've read, Versus is a single-player action-RPG from the Kingdom Hearts team, with cinematics from the Advent Children team.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 02:12:59 PM »

Yeah, basically you have:

FFXIII- "traditional" numbered entry being developed by the FFX team.  First started out as PS2 title but the team switched to PS3 after they created the FF7 tech demo we saw at E3 last year.  So this one has been in full production for at least a year and the video of it shown is in-engine.

FF Versus XIII- sort of a loose spinoff.  Features a different story, characters, and world than FFXIII but shares the same "mythology" (whatever that means).  Being developed by the Kingdom Hearts 2 team and will feature a similar sort of action-RPG gameplay.  Just started production so the only footage shown was a CGI cinematic created by the Advent Children team.  There is some speculation that it may tie in to Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts based mainly on the title and the team working on it.

And there is some sort of cell phone FFXIII game but I don't know anything about that and we may never even see it here.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:03:59 PM »

IGN has a video.  It's obviously cutscenes for the most part.  There's a battle sequence that's been done up to look like it's in game - with menus and everything overlayed.  It's pretty obvious that it's a mock-up at best, but it's awesome anyway.  If you can get your hands on the IGN high-res version it's pretty impressive.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 06:57:29 PM »

I know its going to be awesome no matter what and I cant wait to play it, but I am fairly sure that most of those in game screens are only half-real. Just feels like that.
cingular
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:24:58 AM »

It's stupid that it's exclusively being released on the PS3.  It may be one hell of a game like ffx was, but it's not worth paying $500 to play it.  Is there anything else coming out for the PS3 that's even remotely as close to anticipated as ffxiii?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 12:09:07 PM »

Quote from: "cingular"
It's stupid that it's exclusively being released on the PS3.  It may be one hell of a game like ffx was, but it's not worth paying $500 to play it.  Is there anything else coming out for the PS3 that's even remotely as close to anticipated as ffxiii?

MGS4

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: