http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:44:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII Strategy Questions (and Impressions)  (Read 23538 times)
semiconscious
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2007, 09:45:43 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 06, 2007, 01:10:52 PM

I could have played likely for another 40 to do all the hunts and sidequests and get all the weapons. Easily. I might one day too...

that pretty much sums up my feelings about the game - it's the only ff game that i know i'll eventually climb back into. not to replay, but just to hang out in, & bag a few more hunts, cuz that's just how beautifully done a place ivalice, as realized in this game, is...

(actually, i spent a helluva lot of time in the ffta ivalice as well, come to think of it...)

(montblanc!!!...)

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2007, 06:32:05 AM »

hell yeah still loving it,just that i have had to work all week,so havent wanted to get into the story part...so just levelled an hour here and there

also have a feeling that i may actually give FFX a run after this one,try and get further than that damn airship battle(the one where you go further or closer to the other airship i think)

and Calvin,i have only just realised what MO is,lol....on the post before that one,i thought you missed the I of the beginning,..'IMO'......

very cool

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »

I suppose I should jump in here since I've been enjoying this thread.  I got FFXII for Christmas, but just got into it last month.  Right now I'm headed to the Feywood, power leveling and finishing the III and IV hunts.   My party is around level 45.  All have all their quickenings.   By the time I get through the Feywood I hope to have all the top level of the license board opened for everyone.   Everyone has all their augments, most have nearly all the spells.  I just have to finish up techniques and accessories.

My party looks like this:

Tanks:  Basch/Penelo (heavy armor, one handed swords, shields and helmets)
Spellcasters:  Fran/Ashe (mystical armor and hats)  Fran keeps her bows but Ashe goes pure mage with staves.
Rogues:  Vaan/Balthier (light armor and headgear)  Vaan uses spears, katanas, ninja swords and great swords.  Balthier sticks to guns and hand cannons.

It's worked out pretty well.  I made Penelo a tank mostly because I found it amusing.  She's pretty good but a little light on hit points for the job.  If it gets dicey, I have bubble belts to break out.

I have to say it's a great game.  I think the original Final Fantasy Tactics was the last time I had this much fun power leveling.  I wouldn't mind some dragon knights in this game.  I guess it would be a jump technique? 

Tiamat prepares 'Breath' Jump. Jump. Jump.  Breath.  Miss. Miss. Miss.  Spear.  Spear. Spear.  Ah, the good old days.   I think it could work.

Someone mentioned the personal emotional impact moment like from FFVII.  I kind of like this story.  There's tons of intrigue.  I'm amazed at the bloodbath it's turned into.  How many major characters have I met that have subsequently died?  Many more than expected.

I do feel that espers are a bit under powered.  I only have three (Fire, Ice and Lightning).  Do they level up with you or with use or a combination of the two?

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2007, 11:54:21 PM »

Right now I'm headed to the Feywood, power leveling and finishing the III and IV hunts.   My party is around level 45.

oh wow i guess you DO like power levelling!

and yes while im not big on gender stereotypes i also find it hilarious that you decided to tank with a 14 year old 90 pound girl

Do they level up with you or with use or a combination of the two?

using 2 at once is possible? do tell
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2007, 01:26:53 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on March 10, 2007, 11:54:21 PM

Do they level up with you or with use or a combination of the two?

using 2 at once is possible? do tell

No, that's just me not being clear.  I was asking if the espers level up with you or if they level up each time you use them.  Or do they level up with a combination of use and your level?

Cheers,
Hrothgar

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2007, 02:58:38 AM »

Espers were completely useless IMO. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2007, 04:33:36 AM »

well i havent got that far into the story yet to really say,but i haven't really used the one esper i have got

quickenings are much more used at the moment for me

talking about Espers i was travelling around the Zertinan Caverns,and i found one of the 8 hidden espers,so i did battle with it,got its health down to less that 10% before he wiped out my entire party(which wasnt a big deal as i had only just saved,as i expected something big down there)...so looked up info about it,it was called Adrammelech,The Wroth...and its a level 39,i am now level 34 so i will go back to it in a bit

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2007, 04:43:48 AM »

I used an Esper in combat two or three times as far as I can remember-I think I used it when the battle was going poorly against an early boss-surprisingly enough the Esper proved useful and I won. The next two times the Espers were blindingly useless, and I never used another even though I went to the trouble of getting three of the optionals. Part of the problem was that
Spoiler for Hiden:
They gave you two high level espers in a row right at the very end of the game-not that I would use them anyways, but that was a perplexing design decision.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 14, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »

okay,broken 50 hrs gameplay now,done a few more things storywise

went to the bunnygirl village,then went to the henne mines,fought Tiamat

the gang then decided that they needed to go to mt bur-omisace,so went through the rest of the jungles,fought a big plant boss called elder wyrm...oh and fought an Esper as well(looked a bit like shiva,but chained up!!)

got to the chapel,with a lot of deadbeats hanging about...went wondering about in this other place to get a sword of kings or something like that(had to mess about with statues.rotating them for ages),came back and fought judge....er...begran i think...he was so very easy,as soon as the fight started,i did a 10 chain of quickenings,and when it was finished...so was he,apparently he had helpers with him,but i didnt see them,but he never laid a finger on me anyway

i am now on the way to arcadia,through some highgrounds or something(some windshrines are at a save point in the middle)

got about 13-14 hunts done,have another 10 or so activated

all my team are level 37 i think

still loving the game,missing larsa now that he isnt in my team anymore,he was great with the hi-potions

the story is still so-so,maybe a bit to political for me(i never went to college!!)

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:48 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 14, 2007, 06:42:19 AM

okay,broken 50 hrs gameplay now,done a few more things storywise

went to the bunnygirl village,then went to the henne mines,fought Tiamat

the gang then decided that they needed to go to mt bur-omisace,so went through the rest of the jungles,fought a big plant boss called elder wyrm...oh and fought an Esper as well(looked a bit like shiva,but chained up!!)

got to the chapel,with a lot of deadbeats hanging about...went wondering about in this other place to get a sword of kings or something like that(had to mess about with statues.rotating them for ages),came back and fought judge....er...begran i think...he was so very easy,as soon as the fight started,i did a 10 chain of quickenings,and when it was finished...so was he,apparently he had helpers with him,but i didnt see them,but he never laid a finger on me anyway

i am now on the way to arcadia,through some highgrounds or something(some windshrines are at a save point in the middle)

got about 13-14 hunts done,have another 10 or so activated

all my team are level 37 i think

still loving the game,missing larsa now that he isnt in my team anymore,he was great with the hi-potions

the story is still so-so,maybe a bit to political for me(i never went to college!!)

I thought Larsa was the most godawful annoying XP stealing little effete character in the game, but thats just me  icon_wink Either way, good lord man, 50 hours already!! I would say you have definately been doing your sidequests and taking your time to get everything right to arrive at Archades at that hour and that level. I think you are approximately where I was, but you probably are going to need another few levels to make a lot more progress on the hunts. Good stuff man, hope you are still enjoying it. I continue to miss it  icon_wink
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2007, 02:51:21 PM »

I'm actually just a little further than him as last night I made it to Old Archades after burning through the two bosses. Note to you Meta, when you have the option to save it just before going into the mines (and you'll know this moment when you come to it) keep in mind that you have a few rooms between you and a major league boss with no save points in between. I beat him by fleeing through the rooms up to the point where I had to knock off a few bad guys, then ran around until my magic was maxed again then went into the room. Just FYI. ninja2

I'm around hour 53 at this point and my guys range from level 32-36. I did, however, just buy six XP double relics the second I made it out of the dungeon, so when I get home tonight I'm going to burn through those highlands again and get everyone as close to 40 as I can. At which point, I'm going to go back and knock off as many of the hunts as I can since they're stacking up on me. I may or may not go after the additional Espers but as Kevin noted earlier they are totally fucking worthless compared to stacking a chain of level three Quickenings.

My big problem though is I've focused so much on attack power that my armor basically sucked until last night. I basically outfitted everyone with "good enough" equipment a while back and just never got around to correcting that until last night. Once I focused on the correct LPs for everyone then I was able to get some much better armor/shield LPs going. Apparently, I'd accrued quite a lot of stellar equipment courtesy of Vaan mugging everything in sight but never paid much attention to it since I only glanced at what he stole and figured it was all sellable loot. My bad. retard

But I've been trying to get the most out of the game and while it's taken me an obscene amount of time to really get a decent gambit strategy going I finally did as much, again, last night. I setup Ashe as my healer long ago but never adjusted her settings and so when I reset her gambit last night to "Any Ally HP<40% = Curaga" the majority of my worries went away. I probably need to bump that to 50% because by the time she fires off the cast they're down to 30%.

This game is a complete time sink and I'm still loving it. Now that I'm past the above sequence, I'm going back to the Phon Coast to see about joining the Rare Game Hunt Club, because the game isn't long enough for me without adding another 20 hours to it. retard

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »

I think you have to finish
Spoiler for Hiden:
Draklor Labs
before you can join the Hunt Club. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 14, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »

I wasn't sure about that but since I saved it at the Hunt Camp last night I'll find out soon enough today. Worst case, they tell me no and I continue on until after that event.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 14, 2007, 03:04:02 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 14, 2007, 02:58:30 PM

I wasn't sure about that but since I saved it at the Hunt Camp last night I'll find out soon enough today. Worst case, they tell me no and I continue on until after that event.

Kevin is right. You must finish that first. And unfortunately for you the rare hunt club wont be of much use since at least half the enemies I think are level 50+ so it might make just as much sense to wait on it.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »

Alright, managed to get some mega-leveling accomplished yesterday. Basch and Balthier are now at 42 with Vaan at 36 on the cusp of 37 and everyone else is in between. Bagged an elite hunt along with an optional esper last night in the Zertinen Caverns so I'm feeling pretty solid about life. What sucks is that I've been staying up late every night this week so I'm dragging big time at work. But I'm in a better position to start bagging hunts for a bit before moving on. Question thought to the guys who have finished it: Where do you first get the chance to buy the more advanced spells like Blizzaga (or whatever the third tier is) along with Hastega and Syphon?

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2007, 03:12:21 PM »

You should definitely have access to Syphon now.  I first started using it in the Tchita Uplands.  Thinking on it, I believe that it may be available through the Clan Vendor in the Bazarre if you've completed enough hunts.

Can't recall offhand where you get Blizzaga though I think it might be in the new location you go to after Draklor.  Hastega is closer to the end of the game I believe. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »

I'm heading back to Rabanstre at lunch so I may check in with the vendor there. Also, I'll hit the magic shop down the way from it and see if it's there.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2007, 03:31:47 PM »

Syphon is really obscenely powerful.  The only foes I found it wouldn't work on were the bosses and undead, I believe.  But even that's not the end of the world since you can just Syphon the MP from one of your characters that doesn't use magic. 

I had Ashe with a Syphon if Character MP <50% gambit and MP was never a problem anymore and I could all of the most powerful spells without a second thought. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »

That's my plan actually. One of my gambits is a "Ally: Any: HP<50% = Curaga" so backing that up with a MP<50% = Syphon would be nice.  nod

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 15, 2007, 03:12:21 PM

You should definitely have access to Syphon now.  I first started using it in the Tchita Uplands.  Thinking on it, I believe that it may be available through the Clan Vendor in the Bazarre if you've completed enough hunts.

Can't recall offhand where you get Blizzaga though I think it might be in the new location you go to after Draklor.  Hastega is closer to the end of the game I believe. 

I actually never, ever found Siphon anywhere, but I forgot to look at the clan vendor. I never really missed it but there were a few times that I thought it would have been useful. Funny I never bothered to get it smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2007, 06:45:29 PM »

Okay then, where is the clan vendor? I feel like I should know that by this point but I so rarely go see how Montblanc is doing that I never paid attention to it. I went in there at lunch and was cleared of one hunt then signed on for two more, and was rewarded for the last few boss monsters I've slain. Didn't see where the vendor was though so help in pointing him out would be nice. I may also just burn through Old Archades and see if there are additional vendors there beyond the one by the front gate.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2007, 06:53:48 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 15, 2007, 06:45:29 PM

Okay then, where is the clan vendor? I feel like I should know that by this point but I so rarely go see how Montblanc is doing that I never paid attention to it. I went in there at lunch and was cleared of one hunt then signed on for two more, and was rewarded for the last few boss monsters I've slain. Didn't see where the vendor was though so help in pointing him out would be nice. I may also just burn through Old Archades and see if there are additional vendors there beyond the one by the front gate.

I think he is in the Rabanastre marketplace somewhere.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »

Yeah he's in the marketplace, off on the left hand side as you enter. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »

Oh wait, the Marketplace is the area in the middle where you have to walk south into it and then have to turn around to walk back out. Yeah, I never go in there because I keep forgetting it's there. icon_lol

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2007, 07:29:09 PM »

That's it!  Not hard to get to though since there is a moogling right next to it. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2007, 08:22:05 PM »

ok ive missed something,what the hell is a clan vendor?...i know where the clan hall is,and i am part of that little group

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2007, 08:24:39 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 15, 2007, 08:22:05 PM

ok ive missed something,what the hell is a clan vendor?...i know where the clan hall is,and i am part of that little group

When you are a member you can go to a vendor in the Marketplace of Rabanastre.  Unique items/spells/techniks are available based on your clan rank. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2007, 04:14:37 AM »

Been taking down hunts like nobody's business tonight. I may go level up just a wee bit more before heading towards the Necrohol but right now I'm enjoying finding all the little side quests. Good God this game is huge. I'm north of 60 hours now and almost have everyone to or north of level 40 and I still haven't walked any further into Old Archades than when you first arrive. retard

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: March 16, 2007, 06:09:37 AM »

I just swept through the deadlands and the necrohol.  I also finished my 28th hunt.  Party is around level 53. Everyone has completed the top half of the license board and maxed out their primary weapon and armor lines.   I grabbed one more esper (death).  I'm finally picking up the story again and heading to the lighthouse. 

Cheers,
Hrothgar

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2007, 06:20:33 AM »

not really had time to paly it this week..hopefully this weekend i can get some down

EDIT:played for an hour this morning,did some moogle thing where i had to find all 9 so they could fix the gate ,now i am at the hunters camp or something,and i just heard some interesting news....

Spoiler for Hiden:
about balthier and Dr Cid

i am  level 38
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:15:17 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2007, 02:57:05 PM »

had a busy weekend and couldnt get on FF12 as much as i would of liked

spent monday early morning,traveling from the beach,hunters club to old archades

i have all my gambits sorted now,i am now an unstoppable party!!,LOL

all my party are now level 45,as i entered old archades,a shop guy on the corner told me how he needed money,but he still gave me a great price on maggot infested flesh..and i bought off him ,6 embroidered tippets,for all my party,which doubles the exp that shows when you down an enemy,so i went back to the place before old archades and levelled up....it took me about 20 minutes to level up one,what with my gambits,my top notch hammerthings i have for everyone,i was just wading right through everything...levelling has never been more fun in a FF game

just clocked 60hrs altogether

its likely that i wont get to play seriously again until the weekend,so i will just put in an hour here and there levelling over this week

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: March 20, 2007, 12:10:17 AM »

Finished last night.  Definitely a great game.  I haven't had that much fun with a RPG in a while.   I have a couple of random thoughts then my thoughts on the game.

-  Why no gambit sets?  I had fun tweaking my gambits, but I found that I most often left them in a general purpose configuration turning one or two off here and there.   If I could have created a few templates and switched between them, I would have made better use of the system.

-  I suck at the fishing game.  I couldn't keep up after the first area.

- The final form of the final boss reminded me a lot of FFVII.

- Perhaps it was just me, but since the game started with the Marquis Onodore narrating, I expected him to do the same at the end and tie up some of the political loose ends.  Everything was implied, but it would have been nice to hear it.

- I liked Fran's line at the end.

- I could have done without some of the mini games like the Gil Snapper bridge, collecting chops, and the musical teleporters (not really a game, just me not understanding the clues) in Pharos.

- A separate category for rare loot would have been nice if you wanted to get a particular item from the bazaar.  I would have gotten some better items if I had known which loot was rare.   Overall, I got some neat stuff though so it's not a major complaint.

Overall, an amazing game that manages to let you play at whatever level you want.  You can just skim the surface and race through the story.   You can collect all trinkets and unlock the Sky Pirates items.  You get sort of a meta game with the loot, stealing, poaching and the bazaar.  The hunts are great and can keep you involved right up to the end.   The espers weren't useless, but there was a bit of an art to using them.   Even then, you could usually accomplish the same things without them.

I did get the feeling that some cut scenes were left on the cutting room floor.  It felt like there was some relationship building that was needed but wasn't there.  I was a bit disappointed at how many scenes were done in engine.  On the other hand, I was very impressed with the quality of some of the in engine scenes.  I just felt a bit short changed on the CGI. 

I liked the combat.  I never felt out of control.  The gambits and associated AI worked better than expected.  The only complaint I had was why hand out the gambits so slowly.  There was no balance reason for not having them all available at the beginning.  Just let your needs and finances act as an automatic control.  Also it felt like the lack of water and earth spells were just there to encourage you to use the espers.  Those are minor complaints though.  There were times in the middle of combat when one of my boys needed something.  I felt comfortable enough with my AI and gambits that I just let them sort it out instead of pausing the game.  That's just great.  I knew they would not only win, but they'd win the way I wanted them to using the right spells, items, etc.

Some of the monster models were overused, but some of the details in new iterations of monsters were great.  The dinosaur and dragon ones were great to see the tweaks.  The wolf on the other hand was weak pretty much every time. 

I, too, loved the music.  It really gave a unique feel to each area.  The sound in general was great.  Pro logic was used well.  In fact, presentation all around was top notch.  I liked the voice actors, pacing, story, visual flair and everything else that drew me into the world.  It really felt like an escape, like you were somewhere else.  Too many games miss that.

Now that I think of it, I can come up with tons of minor gripes, but the truth is the game soars above them all.  It was a great experience.  If you like RPG's at all, I give it my highest recommendation.

Oh, I was over 90 hours, 28 hunts, all magic, all techniques, six espers, average party level around 55.

Cheers,
Hrothgar

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2007, 01:47:08 AM »

Quote from: Hrothgar on March 20, 2007, 12:10:17 AM

-  Why no gambit sets?  I had fun tweaking my gambits, but I found that I most often left them in a general purpose configuration turning one or two off here and there.   If I could have created a few templates and switched between them, I would have made better use of the system.

Completely agree.  I would have loved to save some different templates.

Quote from: Hrothgar on March 20, 2007, 12:10:17 AM

I did get the feeling that some cut scenes were left on the cutting room floor.  It felt like there was some relationship building that was needed but wasn't there.  I was a bit disappointed at how many scenes were done in engine.  On the other hand, I was very impressed with the quality of some of the in engine scenes.  I just felt a bit short changed on the CGI. 

I'm just going off of gut feeling here, but I think it probably had more CGI than FFX did but it's spread out over a much longer game.  In particular the CGI segments at the beginning and the end of the game seemed pretty long. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2007, 10:58:56 AM »

Congrats Hothgar and great impressions! Agree with almost all your points.  thumbsup
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2007, 08:28:04 PM »

update

72 hrs on the clock

been on it a lot this weekend,but havent done that much of the story,i am in archades(the nicer,posher part)and have been swapping info with everyone to get a chop,i had 28 chops and swapped them for a sandlewood chop...not really that sure what that one does

got a taxi and i am on my way to cids lab,thats where i stopped with the story

i decided to take down some hunts,i have now done 23.....worse ones are the ones that run about...the trickster(white chocobo)took forever to find,and kill, as he had some protective stuff that i couldnt dispell...and also that rabbit in the jungles was a pain,running around everywhere...there is one hunt i wont be able to do,as it involves completeing the dalmascan patient quest to get a key,but one of the items needed for that quest is a snakeskin from one of the hunts....and i sold it..D'OH

all my party are now level 54...still loving it

may try for some actual side quests soon....the airship one i may do(6 girls..sisters i think)

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2007, 10:07:06 PM »

72 hours and level 54 in old archades?? Good lord man, how much grinding have you been doing? Glad you are still enjoying it, looking forward to your final impressions.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 25, 2007, 08:28:04 PM

and also that rabbit in the jungles was a pain,running around everywhere...

I hated that hunt!  Took me about 10 tries before I figured out to cast Berzerk on him so he'd keep attacking.

Great impressions Hrothgar, and I agree on all your points.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2007, 01:42:03 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 26, 2007, 01:33:26 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 25, 2007, 08:28:04 PM

and also that rabbit in the jungles was a pain,running around everywhere...

I hated that hunt!  Took me about 10 tries before I figured out to cast Berzerk on him so he'd keep attacking.

Great impressions Hrothgar, and I agree on all your points.  smile

I figured that out in 20 seconds thanks to the strategy guide  icon_biggrin, however I still hated the hunt because I got monumentally unlucky and it took..oh, 15 tries of berserk before it actually worked!! What a pain.
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2007, 05:48:55 PM »

Finally finished! 

107 hours. 
Party members were 3 @ 63 and 3 @ 59.  36 hunts completed.  I was a bit too overpowered for the final fights, but it was still an incredible finish, so I didn't mind at all.

What a fantastic game experience this was from beginning to end.  Story, music, battle system, rpg elements - all top notch.  I can't believe a game held my attention for this long, but it did all the way through.

Well done, Square Enix.  Well done.

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »

Quote from: slackerjoe on March 26, 2007, 05:48:55 PM

Finally finished! 

107 hours. 
Party members were 3 @ 63 and 3 @ 59.  36 hunts completed.  I was a bit too overpowered for the final fights, but it was still an incredible finish, so I didn't mind at all.

What a fantastic game experience this was from beginning to end.  Story, music, battle system, rpg elements - all top notch.  I can't believe a game held my attention for this long, but it did all the way through.

Well done, Square Enix.  Well done.

Congrats dude!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: