http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:58:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII Strategy Questions (and Impressions)  (Read 23498 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2007, 09:41:32 PM »

You can get the
Spoiler for Hiden:
fomalhaut
in
Spoiler for Hiden:
Bhujerba Mines, however you have to accept the Antlion Hunt (from Montblanc) to get the key to get in that area of the mines.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »

Also, I am not sure if I have made it to
Spoiler for Hiden:
Necrohol
yet, don't seem to remember it. I can go to
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nalbudis
but the enemies are a level or 2 too hard to make grinding them efficient.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »

Calvin, the
Spoiler for Hiden:
Necrohol
is in
Spoiler for Hiden:
the Salikawood in the NW portion of the map.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2007, 10:10:32 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 27, 2007, 10:03:35 PM

Calvin, the
Spoiler for Hiden:
Necrohol
is in
Spoiler for Hiden:
the Salikawood in the NW portion of the map.

Is it a good grinding place for 45-46? I am currently grinding in
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nalbudis
and that
Spoiler for Hiden:
steppe area near the port
Would like to have a place to grind into the late 40s so I can afford all my loot and then go wrap up some more hunts.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »

ya calvin i think were all talking about the same place here - the "full" name is

Spoiler for Hiden:
the necrohol of nalbudis - the area as kevin said north west of the area in salikawood past the king bomb optional boss
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on February 27, 2007, 11:06:31 PM

ya calvin i think were all talking about the same place here - the "full" name is

Spoiler for Hiden:
the necrohol of nalbudis - the area as kevin said north west of the area in salikawood past the king bomb optional boss

OK we are talking about the same place-I think thats a good area, but it might be a tad inefficient for me at this point-hey do you know where to acquire 1000 needles?
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2007, 03:38:19 AM »

yes i wandered around for a bit - and the guy in the mosphorian (sp?) highwaste has it - its the area outside of nalbina but before the saliakawood - the one with all the fountain shrine things

he actually gets in some decent weapons so hes worth checking out - and 1000 needles is the ONLY technick the guy has - convenient ya?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2007, 06:27:47 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 27, 2007, 01:27:06 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 27, 2007, 12:57:52 PM

lol,i have just been levelling for 3 hrs...got a chain of 327 with the sandpeople/jawas...afetr you get a chain of 60 thats when you start getting useful itlems like phoenix down or all your team get protect casted on you etc

i am level 17 now,gonna go to the kings tomb

18hrs

I got my biggest chain against the jawas too-like 277 I think-unfortuntely 100 or something is the max chain and there you stop getting new and improved loot. Also be careful, I unknowingly totally maxed out a few of the items I was collecting from those guys while grinding and ended up wasting thousands and thousand of potential gil by not breaking my chain to go back and sell stuff. Its funny that you did that though, because I did exactly the same thing until about the same level as your right there smile

yes i found that out last night about having 99 items..i presumed it was going to tell me when i maxed out..but no such luck

how do you guys find the new battle system?......i think its a lot better not having to 'load' a screen into a fight,and maybe,just maybe it will make me like grinding and i may even have a high enough level to complete the game when the time comes

it does still need skill to switch players to heal if that character and other characters gambits aren't doing enough

i need to pick up on the hunts as well,i have only done 2

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on February 28, 2007, 03:38:19 AM

yes i wandered around for a bit - and the guy in the mosphorian (sp?) highwaste has it - its the area outside of nalbina but before the saliakawood - the one with all the fountain shrine things

he actually gets in some decent weapons so hes worth checking out - and 1000 needles is the ONLY technick the guy has - convenient ya?

Thanks I will go there tonight. I grinded primarily in the Cenib Steppe last night and did fine, gettnig a level for everyone, but it was a little slow except for the one enemy I found that pops up occasionally and drops for 3.5k XP.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2007, 02:47:56 PM »

Had about an hour last night while futzing with Vista, and ended up just running around and grinding the cerobi steppe. While its not really the most efficient because of the flying creatures and low XP wolves/tigers, there are semi-rare wyrms that drop for 3600xp a pop, and multiplay that by 2 with the tippet and its awesome awesome XP even though they don't spawn that frequently. Ineed to do an XP/hour comparison between the Cerobi Steppe and the other place I was grinding (probably based on 30 mins or so instead of an hour) and see whats more efficient. I want to get to 50 and mop up some more hunts before I move much further in the story-although I might move one story sequence further tonight and then do that smile This game rules my world!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2007, 02:56:13 PM »

i have just defeated the avion(?) outside the kings tomb...used some berries to weaken it

but because i had to go to work within the hour,i decided i would just grind some more...currently on my way of getting everyone to level 20

20.30 hrs in

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »

I still very much look forward to getting back to this later this year to work on the rest of the hunts/espers/etc. icon_biggrin I think I had nearly 80 hours in by the time I finished the main story (I don't remember; might be more or less, but it was around that) and I still had a ton of sidequests and optional areas left to explore!

FFXII is right up there with FFVI for me as the cream of the crop from the FF franchise.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2007, 03:26:46 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 28, 2007, 02:47:56 PM

Had about an hour last night while futzing with Vista, and ended up just running around and grinding the cerobi steppe. While its not really the most efficient because of the flying creatures and low XP wolves/tigers, there are semi-rare wyrms that drop for 3600xp a pop, and multiplay that by 2 with the tippet and its awesome awesome XP even though they don't spawn that frequently.

IMO, those wyrms were the best enemies to grind on.  There's at least 1 or 2 of them in each Cerobi Steppe zone.  I'd clear them all out, save at the mid-zone save marker, then reload and start all over.  I probably gained 15-20 levels on those guys alone!

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2007, 03:32:11 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 28, 2007, 03:26:46 PM

Quote from: Calvin on February 28, 2007, 02:47:56 PM

Had about an hour last night while futzing with Vista, and ended up just running around and grinding the cerobi steppe. While its not really the most efficient because of the flying creatures and low XP wolves/tigers, there are semi-rare wyrms that drop for 3600xp a pop, and multiplay that by 2 with the tippet and its awesome awesome XP even though they don't spawn that frequently.

IMO, those wyrms were the best enemies to grind on.  There's at least 1 or 2 of them in each Cerobi Steppe zone.  I'd clear them all out, save at the mid-zone save marker, then reload and start all over.  I probably gained 15-20 levels on those guys alone!

Yeah I will do a comparison tongiht if I have time but I think you are right Gratch.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2007, 03:33:10 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on February 28, 2007, 03:15:28 PM

I still very much look forward to getting back to this later this year to work on the rest of the hunts/espers/etc. icon_biggrin I think I had nearly 80 hours in by the time I finished the main story (I don't remember; might be more or less, but it was around that) and I still had a ton of sidequests and optional areas left to explore!

FFXII is right up there with FFVI for me as the cream of the crop from the FF franchise.

That sounds like about what my plan will be. get to about 75% completion (i wish there was a counter!!!) and finish the story and come back in a few months for the rest when I know I will really want to play the game again and will enjoy it and hopefully have more time smile I am targetting 75-80 hours for now, at 61.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2007, 08:06:11 PM »

can you still do side quests and roam about after the main story is finished??

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »

how do you guys find the new battle system?......i think its a lot better not having to 'load' a screen into a fight,and maybe,just maybe it will make me like grinding

i love the battle system.  basically the whole game is a grind and ive never had more fun.  this is honestly the first time i can say an rgp battle system will most likely "spoil" others for me.  i love seeing the enemy (f- you random battles!) i love not being torn out of the world to fight, i love the "realtime - turnbased."  kotor had it, this has it on a much more massive scale and i think this games awesomeness in its battle system may forever and totally kill the random battle / true turn based rpg for me. 

part of me feels like im buying into the "dumbing down" of the traditional rpg but man, this is just so much more fun and engaging i dont think ill be able to go back
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2007, 09:22:43 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 28, 2007, 08:06:11 PM

Nope.  Once you enter the final dungeon, you're in for good.  After the final cutscene & credit roll, you get kicked back to the load screen.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2007, 09:50:47 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 28, 2007, 09:22:43 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 28, 2007, 08:06:11 PM

Nope.  Once you enter the final dungeon, you're in for good.  After the final cutscene & credit roll, you get kicked back to the load screen.

Yeah when I talk about my grand plan to come back and finish the game completely-or at least the optional hunts/side quests/weapons-I mean that I am going to get to the final dungeon, make two saves, then go beat the game, and then later come back and go on about my business from that save game  icon_wink
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2007, 06:31:37 AM »

oh okay gotcha...thanks for the warning...if i ever get that far,i will do the same

as for the random battles,for what its worth,final fantasy 11(MMO),was/is abit similar,as you could see the enemy as well...no random battles...but a lot of aggro(just think of them having an invisible orange health bar and not a green one),and you just carry on doing the same actions in that unless you change it...you dont do an action and then choose the same action like earlier FFs...but it doesnt have the red and blue streamers

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2007, 02:16:58 PM »

Spent 15 minutes yesterday and made it through the Eastersands to the Nalbina area and that's absolutely where I can spend some time leveling. Got my ass handed to me a ways into the forest so it be time to PL even more! Woot. Also, I felt like a tool since these guys had Demonswords for sale. icon_wink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2007, 03:50:52 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 01, 2007, 02:16:58 PM

Spent 15 minutes yesterday and made it through the Eastersands to the Nalbina area and that's absolutely where I can spend some time leveling. Got my ass handed to me a ways into the forest so it be time to PL even more! Woot. Also, I felt like a tool since these guys had Demonswords for sale. icon_wink

No reason to feel like a tool. You probably got that sword at like level 18 and it lasted for 10 levels or so for your trouble-to me, thats a damn good deal!  icon_wink

I had zero minutes of time to play so I am just where I left off in my last post smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2007, 08:01:06 PM »

i have saved it now just after finishing the kings tomb,fought the demon gate and the esper...belias i think it was called(looks like ifrit summon)...belias was funny 'cos all i did was use everyones quickenings(did they rob that from the highlander?),and he died ,he didnt even touch me ...he is now my bitch,lol

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2007, 08:10:34 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 01, 2007, 08:01:06 PM

i have saved it now just after finishing the kings tomb,fought the demon gate and the esper...belias i think it was called(looks like ifrit summon)...belias was funny 'cos all i did was use everyones quickenings(did they rob that from the highlander?),and he died ,he didnt even touch me ...he is now my bitch,lol

Yeah that is what I did too-do you never work man, good god you are blazing through the game smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2007, 08:42:30 PM »

i work nights(have to go in 15 minutes)

and it has 23 hrs on the save clock...but take a few hours off for walking up and down corridors to regenerate my magic icon_lol

i want to go get some marks,as i only have 2

and does the weather ever change?,its always sunny as hell

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2007, 08:48:11 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 01, 2007, 08:42:30 PM

i work nights(have to go in 15 minutes)

and it has 23 hrs on the save clock...but take a few hours off for walking up and down corridors to regenerate my magic icon_lol

i want to go get some marks,as i only have 2

and does the weather ever change?,its always sunny as hell

Weather does change depending on zone, but doesn't have a tremendous amount of variation-and wow man, 23 hours already-grats to you sir smile As for marks-go do some more, you are high enough level to handle the first 5-6.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2007, 06:05:41 AM »

Man, the Necrohol *is* pretty nice for leveling up.  I just leveled three characters at least 5 levels in a single run through of the place. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2007, 06:02:09 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 02, 2007, 06:05:41 AM

Man, the Necrohol *is* pretty nice for leveling up.  I just leveled three characters at least 5 levels in a single run through of the place. 

Hey Kevin,
Could I do that at 47 or am I too low? Today is my first day this week I really get to play I am sooo excited!!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 02, 2007, 06:02:09 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 02, 2007, 06:05:41 AM

Hey Kevin,
Could I do that at 47 or am I too low? Today is my first day this week I really get to play I am sooo excited!!!

Nope- that's right where I was- Penelo was Level 43, Basch was Level 46, and Ashe was Level 51 when I entered and now Penelo is 49, Basch, 51, and Ashe 55. 

Other than having Embroided Tippets equipped I didn't do anything special and was able to gain all of those levels just by doing a full exploration of every room.  I highly recommend having a mage that can cast Aeroga and Darkra, however. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2007, 06:18:51 PM »

Awesome man, I will do that this afternoon!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2007, 07:59:53 PM »

Where is the place to pick up the Embroidered Tippets? Feel free to throw that in a spoiler tag if necessary.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2007, 08:03:14 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 02, 2007, 07:59:53 PM

Where is the place to pick up the Embroidered Tippets? Feel free to throw that in a spoiler tag if necessary.

They can be loot off of monsters in Tchita Uplands.  Not sure which monsters but I noticed after a long session of exploring that I had 6 of them in my inventory.  Otherwise the first place to buy them is Archades I believe. 
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »

whiteboy i know the first place i saw it for sale (i picked on up somewhere before then, but dont remember where) was

Spoiler for Hiden:
old archadia - right when you exit the sochem cave palace and enter the town, theres a guy on the right or left of the exit and he sells it - i actually think hes the guy that was in the dungeons of nalbina - weird no?  you know the one, the random guy that when you came across him, you were most likely saying to yourself wtf are you doing down here dude?  WHY ARE YOU HERE?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »

where the hell can i find haste?....i am just about to enter the Giza plains (rain)

did a few marks today,done 6 altogether now,and i have gone up in rank or whatever

bit pissed off actually as i have just found out that i have been missing side quests,other than marks...so i am gonna try for a few of those this weekend

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2007, 08:55:42 PM »

You'll have to wait a little longer for haste.  I forgot where it was, but it's pretty far in the game.

I think it *might* be:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Eruyt Village, though you might need to wait until you finish the Henne Mines
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »

Yeah, that's where I got it and waiting until that point sucks. Any thoughts on where Hastega is and whether or not that adds it to the party or just one person?

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »

Well, I haven't even seen Hastega yet but I'm pretty sure it will add it to the party.  For now, I just use a Haste gambit to have it added to everyone. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2007, 10:07:48 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 02, 2007, 08:55:42 PM

You'll have to wait a little longer for haste.  I forgot where it was, but it's pretty far in the game.

I think it *might* be:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Eruyt Village, though you might need to wait until you finish the Henne Mines

Yeah right around there. You aren't close yet Metallic frown
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2007, 06:21:03 AM »

ok,thanks guys...its kinda of satisfying that i am not even close.....i can tell that its a big ass game

i hope the story picks up though,i am loving the gameplay..but the story could do with an aries death or something,lol

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2007, 06:38:29 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 03, 2007, 06:21:03 AM

ok,thanks guys...its kinda of satisfying that i am not even close.....i can tell that its a big ass game

i hope the story picks up though,i am loving the gameplay..but the story could do with an aries death or something,lol

I think the story is very interesting and well done (and it does pick up a bit from where you are) but there isn't a lot of melodrama like the previous games and certainly nothing even close to the level of Aries death. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: