http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 10:39:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics WotL?  (Read 9310 times)
semiconscious
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »

just recruited balthier (both of the new characters are introduced with very cool animated sequences, btw). once you reach chapter 4:

Spoiler for Hiden:
1) read the rumor 'rash of thefts' in gollund
2) read the rumor 'a call for guards' in dorter
3) leave dorter

leave it to me, in this pre-holiday flood of shiny new titles, to be completely hooked on an ancient masterpiece...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

Interesting that if you search for FFT:  WotL at Gamerankings, Gaming Trend's review comes up as a 68%.  Upon further inspection, it looks like Gamerankings is counting their review of D&D Tactics instead of Final Fantasy Tactics.  Certainly drags down the average score a bit.

Anything you can do to fix that Ron?

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2007, 01:20:58 AM »

heh, and coincidentally, the only 100% came from the "Playstation Official Magazine". icon_lol

I'm sorry, but stuff like that, OXM, and Nintendo Power should be excluded from review metaranking sites.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2007, 03:36:58 AM »

Motherf&#*er!!  I had forgotten how hard the guy at the end of Chapter 2 is.  He just took out everyone in my party in a single turn, causing 120-170 damage on each character.  Reality is, I'm probably not quite high enough level to take him on yet (everyone around 22-23).  But I spent over an hour and a half grinding (i.e. attacking my own party members) during that battle at the castle gate.  Since the game throws you right into this battle with no chance to do any more levelling, I could be screwed, but I really don't want to go back to an old save and lose all that JP.  F&%k.   icon_evil

The sometimes ridiculous difficulty of FFT was one of the things that finally turned me off the original, and unfortunately it's happening again.  frown

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2007, 05:15:12 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 13, 2007, 03:36:58 AM

Motherf&#*er!!  I had forgotten how hard the guy at the end of Chapter 2 is.  He just took out everyone in my party in a single turn, causing 120-170 damage on each character.  Reality is, I'm probably not quite high enough level to take him on yet (everyone around 22-23).  But I spent over an hour and a half grinding (i.e. attacking my own party members) during that battle at the castle gate.  Since the game throws you right into this battle with no chance to do any more levelling, I could be screwed, but I really don't want to go back to an old save and lose all that JP.  F&%k.   icon_evil

The sometimes ridiculous difficulty of FFT was one of the things that finally turned me off the original, and unfortunately it's happening again.  frown

general advice: when you reach one of those points where the game asks you if you want to save, always make your save in a secondary spot...

specific advice:
Spoiler for Hiden:
surprisingly, that boss doesn't have a whole lot of hit points. what i accidentally did, my third or fourth attempt, was to back everybody away enough to lure him down, & then gang-banged'm, & that was that - all he requires is a few good whacks... &, just so you know, if you think that guy's tough, wait'll you see what's waiting at the end of chapter 3...

just had that spiky-haired guy show up (following 2 pretty cool new story battles). the endgame is in sight...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2007, 12:10:32 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on November 13, 2007, 05:15:12 AM

general advice: when you reach one of those points where the game asks you if you want to save, always make your save in a secondary spot...

Oh sure, tell me that now...  slywink 

Finally managed to beat him on my 9th try last night.  Pinned him back in a corner, got a couple lucky criticals, and was able to beat him down.    On to chapter 3!

As big a fan I am of FFT, I have to admit the constant level griding gets really old.  Wish it were balanced a bit better.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 13, 2007, 12:10:32 PM

Quote from: semiconscious on November 13, 2007, 05:15:12 AM

Oh sure, tell me that now...  slywink

uh, sorry about that...

Quote from: Gratch on November 13, 2007, 12:10:32 PM

As big a fan I am of FFT, I have to admit the constant level griding gets really old.  Wish it were balanced a bit better.

which is a big part of the reason i & others (yourself included?) think tactics advance was the better game of the 2 games - while the 'missions' in fft are a nice touch, the way they (all 300 of'm!) were incorporated into the gameplay in ffta really went a long way into making what grinding there was both enjoyable & rewarding (in the same way the hunts in ffxii did). i'd never say ffta had the better story/characters, but, overall, it was easily more fun to play, & that's still the bottom line for me...

Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2007, 05:05:42 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 13, 2007, 03:36:58 AM

Hmmm...I was able to beat him on my second try with my party levels ranging from 12-15. It really helped to have Ramza as a monk with pummel (~150dp FTW). Also, I switched everyone else to knights just for this battle to beef up their hp. It actually went pretty fast this way. I was pretty freaked out after my first try though...

My biggest beef is when you move to the next stage and there is no clear direction where to go - no indicators on the map or anything. Also, I was pretty suprised when I chose to run an errand from the tavern and I lost the use of the guys I sent until the time was up - I got a cool reward though.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2007, 05:17:55 PM »

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on November 13, 2007, 05:05:42 PM

Hmmm...I was able to beat him on my second try with my party levels ranging from 12-15. It really helped to have Ramza as a monk with pummel (~150dp FTW).

The Pummel skill drives me nuts because the damage is apparently random.  About 25% of the time it'll do a major (150 hp) hit, but at level 24, Ramza typically only does 20-30 damage.  It's so unpredictable that I usually don't even bother with it.   FWIW, he's mastered all the skills as an 8th level Monk.

Also, I was pretty suprised when I chose to run an errand from the tavern and I lost the use of the guys I sent until the time was up - I got a cool reward though.

I haven't messed around with any of the tavern stuff yet.  Is it a 'dispatch mission' structure like FFT:  Advanced (i.e. you send a character off for either X amount of days or X amount of battles)?  Does the character you send get any XP/JP, or is it for items only?

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 13, 2007, 05:17:55 PM

I haven't messed around with any of the tavern stuff yet.  Is it a 'dispatch mission' structure like FFT:  Advanced (i.e. you send a character off for either X amount of days or X amount of battles)?  Does the character you send get any XP/JP, or is it for items only?

1) yes (x amt of days only)
2) gil, jp, & (sometimes) collectible (non-useable) items...

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2007, 09:38:06 AM »

Fuck you Cuchulainn.

(last battle in Chapter 2)

There's no possible way the characters I have right now can beat him.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2007, 05:49:34 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 11, 2007, 09:38:06 AM

Fuck you Cuchulainn.

I felt the same way at the end of Chapter 3, but I said, "Fuck you, FFT:WotL!" and took the UMD out of the drive for the last time. Ultimately, it was too grindy for my tastes...
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2007, 06:20:56 PM »

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on December 11, 2007, 05:49:34 PM

Quote from: TheMissingLink on December 11, 2007, 09:38:06 AM

Fuck you Cuchulainn.

I felt the same way at the end of Chapter 3, but I said, "Fuck you, FFT:WotL!" and took the UMD out of the drive for the last time. Ultimately, it was too grindy for my tastes...

wusses thumbsdown ...

not for everyone, for sure (me, i passed on the boss at the bottom of the bonus dungeon smile ). fft: the ninja gaiden of srpgs?...

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2007, 11:28:42 PM »

I don't remember it being that grindy, although I admit I played it in uni when I had a lot more free time.  Do you have the job points up skill?  That helps you learn new job skills a lot quicker.
Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2007, 12:08:30 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on December 11, 2007, 11:28:42 PM

I don't remember it being that grindy, although I admit I played it in uni when I had a lot more free time.  Do you have the job points up skill?  That helps you learn new job skills a lot quicker.
All of my guys had JP Boost, Autopotion, and Move+. I just got sick of having to tool around the map looking for random encounters that were way too easy (but long) so that I could take on the story parts that were way too hard (and unforgiving when you could not stop in between 3 bitchin' battles). I see that this is a better game than Jeanne D'Arc but I sure had a lot more fun with that game than this one - FFT:WotL was way too much like work.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2007, 12:27:40 AM »

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on December 12, 2007, 12:08:30 AM

I see that this is a better game than Jeanne D'Arc but I sure had a lot more fun with that game than this one - FFT:WotL was way too much like work.

if that's the case, then how is FFT better than Jeanne D'Arc...
Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2007, 12:50:39 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 12, 2007, 12:27:40 AM

I see that this is a better game than Jeanne D'Arc but I sure had a lot more fun with that game than this one - FFT:WotL was way too much like work.

Just deeper, more sophisticated and better replayability - if you buy into the mechanics of it all. Jenne is definitely FFT-lite and I guess that just suits my tastes better.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on December 12, 2007, 12:50:39 AM

Quote from: KePoW on December 12, 2007, 12:27:40 AM

Just deeper, more sophisticated and better replayability - if you buy into the mechanics of it all. Jenne is definitely FFT-lite and I guess that just suits my tastes better.

fft-uberlite! very pretty, well-made, game, but, after 8-10 hours, i had to put it down (& move on to disgaea:aod) - jeanne's even more lightweight than i'd anticipated (not necessarily a bad thing, but i was surprised). i'm sure i'll return & finish it at some point - playing it on the heels of fft:wotl probably wasn't a very bright idea on my part...

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »

You can find a lot of places where people feel one way or the other (honestly, I found Jeanne' more "fun" and its camera/viewing controls less fiddle-dy -- it didn't matter to me how much deeper FFT:WoL is). Why PSP fans can't just appreciate having two such deep similar-but-very-different games on the same system, in the same year no less (nothing like them seems due on the system in 2008), instead of carping about which one has a bigger schlong, I have no idea.  Roll Eyes Tongue

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »

Neither Jeanne nor Ramza have a schlong, so your point is moot...
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2007, 09:08:13 PM »

I really wanted to like this game, but one thing that I find absolutely poor about the game is the lack of it following its own rules.  When you provide a turn listing upon use of a skill, I find it completely assinine to then suddenly, for no explicable reason, have the turn listing suddenly go in a completely different way (like when you are trying to figure out if you want to cast a spell).  It makes the strategic use of magic power in the game almost pointless in some of the staged battles.  What point is there to a strategy game when it becomes simply luck-based? 

It's a very odd game, because it seems like the only reason I'm playing it is due to may hatred and frustration with the game engine.  The fact that I want "vengence" over the game by beating it.  smile  Something tells me that's not really why I should be playing...but what can you do.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:12:35 PM by Fez » Logged
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2007, 09:20:54 PM »

Quote from: Fez on December 14, 2007, 09:08:13 PM

It's a very odd game, because it seems like the only reason I'm playing it is due to may hatred and frustration with the game engine.  The fact that I want "vengence" over the game by beating it.  smile  Something tells me that's not really why I should be playing...but what can you do.

hey, - if that's what works for you, i say go for it smile ...

i know what you're talking about, & i found it pretty inconsistent as well. tho, truth to tell, i mostly just played it by ear, magic-wise, hoped for the best, & left it at that...

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on December 14, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

cold, dude...

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2007, 09:31:57 PM »

I really wanted to like this game, but one thing that I find absolutely poor about the game is the lack of it following its own rules.  When you provide a turn listing upon use of a skill, I find it completely assinine to then suddenly, for no explicable reason, have the turn listing suddenly go in a completely different way (like when you are trying to figure out if you want to cast a spell).  It makes the strategic use of magic power in the game almost pointless in some of the staged battles.  What point is there to a strategy game when it becomes simply luck-based? 

I haven't played it for a good year or so but I don't remember that happening.  I do remember that you had to drill down in the menus a bit to get the true turn order for each potential skill you could employ. 
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on December 14, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

No, but Jeanne has a schnozz!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2007, 10:45:18 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 14, 2007, 09:31:57 PM

I haven't played it for a good year or so but I don't remember that happening.  I do remember that you had to drill down in the menus a bit to get the true turn order for each potential skill you could employ. 

considering sometimes it seemed to work & sometimes it didn't, you may be on to something there (tho, like i said, it didn't really matter all that much to me)...

Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2007, 07:15:10 AM »

Regardless, I will wreak vengence on the game engine and complete the game!  icon_twisted  Just started Chapter 3, so we'll see what frustrations are in store for me in this chapter!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »

So as much as I was enjoying Wild Arms XF, I can't play a SRPG without comparing it to FFT which is still, to my mind, the top of the SRPG heap.  So I was reminded that I hadn't yet played WotL with it's new translation and cutscenes and I picked it up last Thursday and now it's consumed me all over again.  I just started Chapter 3 last night. 

This game seriously has one of the absolute best localizations I've ever encountered.  The only game that I think is it's equal is FFXII.  The new translation is fantastic and well beyond what I was expecting.  Along with the outstanding Vagrant Story and FFXII localizations it really makes for a remarkable consistency for Matsuno's Ivalice games.  The new cutscenes are frankly more impressive to me than the more traditional CGI in SE's other games like the main FF series and Kingdom Hearts.  Factoring all of that in and I would go so far as to that FFT has perhaps the finest story I've ever seen in a videogame.  Which makes it all the sadder to me that SE seems to feel like they must kiddify the stories in FFTA, A2, and FFXII:RW. 

The only thing that has aged for me is the interface and I do wish SE had taken the time to update it to modern standards when they ported the game to PSP.  That said it's completely functional and does everything you need it to do, just not in as slick as a manner as more recent SRPGs.  It was a little painful at first but I got used to it after a couple of hours and it's been smooth sailing since then. 

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 01:46:25 PM

Factoring all of that in and I would go so far as to that FFT has perhaps the finest story I've ever seen in a videogame.  Which makes it all the sadder to me that SE seems to feel like they must kiddify the stories in FFTA, A2, and FFXII:RW.

while i agree that fft's story's in a class by itself, i have absolutely no problem with se also doing the advance series (i'm not including the horrible rw, which is also in a class by itself  thumbsdown ). i actually enjoyed ffta's story (so sue me), &, because of the open-ended mission set-up, basically ended up having more fun with the game than i did with fft...

i think there's room for both (tho when, if ever, we'll see a sequel to the original is another matter)...

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on March 26, 2008, 02:41:14 PM

Factoring all of that in and I would go so far as to that FFT has perhaps the finest story I've ever seen in a videogame.  Which makes it all the sadder to me that SE seems to feel like they must kiddify the stories in FFTA, A2, and FFXII:RW.

while i agree that fft's story's in a class by itself, i have absolutely no problem with se also doing the advance series (i'm not including the horrible rw, which is also in a class by itself  thumbsdown ). i actually enjoyed ffta's story (so sue me), &, because of the open-ended mission set-up, basically ended up having more fun with the game than i did with fft...

i think there's room for both (tho when, if ever, we'll see a sequel to the original is another matter)...

I guess I just don't see the argument for FF on DS= must make for the kiddies.  I can somewhat see the argument for FFTA on the GBA, but the DS has had such mainstream penetration (especially in Japan) that the idea that handheld FF titles need to be family friendly doesn't make sense to me. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 02:53:41 PM

I guess I just don't see the argument for FF on DS= must make for the kiddies.  I can somewhat see the argument for FFTA on the GBA, but the DS has had such mainstream penetration (especially in Japan) that the idea that handheld FF titles need to be family friendly doesn't make sense to me. 

not so sure it's a matter of 'have to be kiddie' as it is that the ta games are just easier to do - seriously: do you wanna be the one charged with creating a (fan-acceptable) sequel to an all-time classic like fft... on ds hardware?... smile ...

btw, really glad you're finally playing wotl - it's awesome, eh? (& it also serves as the perfect warm-up for disgaea: aod slywink )...

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2008, 03:19:24 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 02:53:41 PM

I didn't have a big problem with FFTA's kiddified feel (mainly because I felt the gameplay made up for it in spades), but I can certainly see how others might.  It would have been nice to see a more epic and mature story for FFTA 2, but I'm fine with pretty much anything they choose to throw at us. 

I completely agree with Kevin about the localization.  They did a wholly remarkable job.  The new translation and cutscenes make such a huge difference, that I don't think I could ever go back and play the original.  Squeenix truly went above and beyond in that regard.

How's this for a 'dream game' concept:  Combine a FFT-ish story, FFTA's gameplay, a new soundtrack from Sakimoto, and stick it on the PSP using a version of the Crisis Core graphics engine.    Best.  Game.  Ever. 

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »

Hear Hear!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2008, 03:28:27 PM »

Quote from: semiconscious on March 26, 2008, 03:14:57 PM

not so sure it's a matter of 'have to be kiddie' as it is that the ta games are just easier to do - seriously: do you wanna be the one charged with creating a (fan-acceptable) sequel to an all-time classic like fft... on ds hardware?... smile ...

btw, really glad you're finally playing wotl - it's awesome, eh? (& it also serves as the perfect warm-up for disgaea: aod slywink )...

Just too be clear- I've played and finished the original PS1 FFT before, just not the PSP version.  Not sure when I'll actually get to Disgaea but I did pick it up last week too since it seems to be getting rare. 

I think there is something bigger going on with FF and the kiddie stuff though- it's not just FFTA.  It's also taking the relatively mature FFXII and kiddie-fying it when they made Revenant Wings.  Ring of Fates seems to take the same tack, though from what you and others have posted it sounds like it moves on from that a bit after the first couple of hours.  So far it seems like every single original title for the DS with the Final Fantasy name attached to it is skewed far younger even when it's descended from a more adult series.  So I do think there is a genuine strategy on Square's part here.  I'll be interested in seeing if they do similar treatment with Valkyrie Profile DS.  With the PSP getting Crisis Core it seems like Square's internal strategy is "DS=kids, PSP=Adults". 

While having a "true" sequel to FFT would surely be daunting and, with Matsuno no longer with Square, likely impossible to match, I still think they could do something that worthy of the name.  Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (which is practically a FFT prequel just without the license) was similarly praised for it's outstanding story and most people seem to think that the story in it's Matsuno-less GBA follow-up, Knights of Lodis was very good even if the gameplay stumbled.  Square bought out Tactics Ogre developer Quest so they certainly have the talent on staff do do a good job if they wanted to. 
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 26, 2008, 03:19:24 PM

How's this for a 'dream game' concept:  Combine a FFT-ish story, FFTA's gameplay, a new soundtrack from Sakimoto, and stick it on the PSP using a version of the Crisis Core graphics engine.    Best.  Game.  Ever. 

Yes, I meant to mention Sakimoto's score!  Along with his work in Vagrant Story and FFXII, I'd go as far to say that I look forward to new Sakimoto scores more than new Uematsu scores  eek

I really do hope that SE has plans for a new SRPG beyond just FFTA2.  I think they have the Ogre Battle license now so maybe they could keep the juvenile tone for FFT and relaunch Tactics Ogre as their more serious line of SRPGs. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 03:32:34 PM

Yes, I meant to mention Sakimoto's score!  Along with his work in Vagrant Story and FFXII, I'd go as far to say that I look forward to new Sakimoto scores more than new Uematsu scores  eek

After Uematsu's extremely disappointing Lost Odyssey score, I would agree.  frown  Mitsuda is still tops on my list, but Sakimoto runs a close second.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2008, 03:56:02 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on March 26, 2008, 03:51:16 PM

After Uematsu's extremely disappointing Lost Odyssey score, I would agree.  frown  Mitsuda is still tops on my list, but Sakimoto runs a close second.

Been a while since I played a game with a Mitsuda score though his classics are pretty damn awesome.  Hopefully we'll get Soma Bringer. 

I'd have to put Yuki Kajiura near the top of the lis just on the strenght of her work on Xenosaga Ep 2 (cinematics only) and XS3 though she hasn't done much else at all in gaming. 
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2008, 04:03:47 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 03:28:27 PM

Just too be clear- I've played and finished the original PS1 FFT before, just not the PSP version.  Not sure when I'll actually get to Disgaea but I did pick it up last week too since it seems to be getting rare.

1) yeah i knew that...
2) make time smile ... 

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 03:28:27 PM

With the PSP getting Crisis Core it seems like Square's internal strategy is "DS=kids, PSP=Adults".

seems that way, & not so sure that's such a bad strategy, actually (we'll be finding out in 4 weeks how kiddie the world ends with you is )...

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 03:56:02 PM

Quote from: Gratch on March 26, 2008, 03:51:16 PM

Been a while since I played a game with a Mitsuda score though his classics are pretty damn awesome.  Hopefully we'll get Soma Bringer. 

I'd have to put Yuki Kajiura near the top of the lis just on the strenght of her work on Xenosaga Ep 2 (cinematics only) and XS3 though she hasn't done much else at all in gaming. 

You must not play the .hack games...her work on those titles are amazing (I'm listening to the .hack soundtrack now)

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on March 26, 2008, 04:55:26 PM

You must not play the .hack games...her work on those titles are amazing (I'm listening to the .hack soundtrack now)

Oh, did she work on the games?  I thought she did but wikipedia just showed her working on the anime so I thought I might be mistaken.  That's actually motivation for me to try them sometime.  I looked into it about a year ago but they were a bit pricier than I would have expected. 
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2008, 05:19:26 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 26, 2008, 05:08:14 PM

Quote from: Dreamshadow on March 26, 2008, 04:55:26 PM

Oh, did she work on the games?  I thought she did but wikipedia just showed her working on the anime so I thought I might be mistaken.  That's actually motivation for me to try them sometime.  I looked into it about a year ago but they were a bit pricier than I would have expected. 

Erk...uh...good question.  I think I'll have to boot it up again.  I swear they used many of the music for both...

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: