http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 05:18:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - good multiplayer game?  (Read 518 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2006, 12:31:15 AM »

I've been reading reviews for FF: CC and it seems like a mixed bag. Some reviewers love the multiplayer, some say its boring and repetetive. Also, having to have a GBA for each player seems like a pain, I can borrow a few from my friends if I really want to get into the game, but is it worth it?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 03:45:08 AM »

i had as much fun playing ff:cc (with my wife) as i've ever had playing any game. gorgeous graphics, excellent music, & perfect pacing. like any dungeon hack, yeah, i suppose it involves a certain amount of repetition, but the game has so much personality we never really noticed. it's a shame all the talk about it on release focused on the 'must have gameboys for multiplayer' aspect (which works great, btw), because, once you're past that, there's an incredibly enjoyable time to be had. i can't recommend it enough...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:13:49 PM »

I'm not quite as postive over the game as semiconscious. I also played the game with the wife and while it was fun it didn't have much staying power and we got bored with it rather quickly. We did play with the GBA's (I think it was a must if you play with more than 1 person) and it seemed to work well but I wasn't blown away with it.

The game is dirt cheap now and I'd say worth it at that price if you can scrounge up a few people. I imagine it's more fun with the more people you have.

If you're looking for a great multiplayer GameCube game that had GBA support I'd reccomend 4 Swords. That did a much better job at using the GBA interface and teamwork.
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 01:38:56 AM »

Is it any good SP?

I've always thought of it as a game which SHOULD be multiplayer, except for the poorly conceived controller requirement.

I picked it up for $10 a few months ago, but haven't gotten around to playing it.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 01:48:46 AM »

it's not too bad for a hack and slash. The mechanics just are more enjoyable with 3 friends.

For instance, after each area you clear you receive some rewards, each player gets to choose 1, well it stinks in singleplayer because you have this big pile of cool stuff and you only get one of them. On top of that it's slow going in the start. Also, a lot of the cooler spells work better with 2 or more people because you time the casting to make a better spell, in sp you have to devote multiple action slots to achieve the better spells.

There are roughly 11 areas that you visit repeatedly in the game. The Myrrh trees only rejuvinate every couple of game years so you won't be visiting the same ones everytime.

Overall, it's a decent SP game for 10 bucks, a great MP game if you have friends with GBAs, and it will be an exceptional game on the DS and Wii with online play.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »

sorry i'm a sad bastard,and i dont have any friends...but being a FF fan...i had to play it

when i first got the game,i was impressed with the graphics...i always like those kind of graphics...it seems that when square try to make them look to real...they dont turn out as good...FF8/FF10...they are still good,but not as good as the cartoony style games like 7/9

i could not get into the game,and my prime thoughts were because it was aimed at being multiplayer.....6 months later i tried it again,and enjoyed it...got to year 4(not that that will make any sense to you)...but still i think i would of enjoyed it a lot more if i had some friends,LOL

i remember it did take a while to get to grips with it.......bosses are good as well!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: